Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,660 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival (9430 Views)

Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) / Fayose Steals The Show At Udiroko Festival / [photos] Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Chase Away Evil Spirit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Ayomax(m): 11:09am On Nov 06, 2012
musKeeto:
Lol... chucky you should have ignored me.. how has your silly Yahweh and Allah helped you... end of year dey come.. na prayer and prophesy time.. and you call my life pathetic,, keep believing in a robber that was killed on a cross.. a dead robber... if he was killed in this age, fools like you would be wearing guns around your neck instead of that pathetic cross you flaunt like a good fart..
I pity ur parents seriously, how can they watch you grow up like this? cry

1 Like

Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by ifyalways(f): 11:14am On Nov 06, 2012
ODUA_NEGRO: Ify my sister, how family? Hope your boys and their papa do fine. No slack abeg.. cheesy
chief Negro undecided

The "boys" are in perfect condition. Thanks!
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 06, 2012
Ayomax:
I pity ur parents seriously, how can they watch you grow up like this? cry
Lol.. ur an orphan? or a bastard? Cos u cry like one..
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by obyrich(m): 11:15am On Nov 06, 2012
Paul did not have to take up kingship in order to convince the people of EPHESUS that their deity, Artemis, was powerless. Elijah did not have to sit on the throne of Ahab in order to prove to the Isrealites how wrong they had been worshipping BAAL. It is also note-worthy that CHRIST himself declined many offers to become king by the Jews. A TRADITIONAL ruler is by virtue of his office expected to advance the cause of the tradition he swore to defend. Our colonial masters did not tamper with our traditional stools despite their greed. The man was not crowned by Bishop Adeboye. Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. If the man must enjoy the splendour that goes with the throne, then he must yield to their demand. Else he should vacate their FETISH throne for them.
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by yomanovic: 11:26am On Nov 06, 2012
Okija_juju: Topic Renamed.. Irate Yoruba Youths lynch Born-again King for refusing to marry another wife, join a Yoruba cult and banning all Owambe parties..

The Igbos! Always trying to turn anything that concerns the Yorubas into tribal thing. You dey beef this unfortunate occurrence again?
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by dechedech(m): 11:26am On Nov 06, 2012
Why is it D̶̲̥̅̊A̶̲̥̅t we Nigerians fail to understand traditional worshiping. Traditional worshiping is á religion wch is practiced in Nigeria in particular and Africa in general. I put it to u guyz today D̶̲̥̅̊A̶̲̥̅t d Islam, Christianity,buhdist, judhist, etc we practice today ar all borrowed religions. Let's be proud of our culture and religion. We av one God and He listen to evry body D̶̲̥̅̊A̶̲̥̅t practices religion that worships Him. We d traditional worshipers worship God not stones or trees or Iron as pple tot. We only worship God thru these deities. Gooooood! this king fukup sha. I'm not sure D̶̲̥̅̊A̶̲̥̅t guy is d ryt person for d position.

1 Like

Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by chucky234(m): 11:26am On Nov 06, 2012
musKeeto:
Lol... chucky you should have ignored me.. how has your silly Yahweh and Allah helped you... end of year dey come.. na prayer and prophesy time.. and you call my life pathetic,, keep believing in a robber that was killed on a cross.. a dead robber... if he was killed in this age, fools like you would be wearing guns around your neck instead of that pathetic cross you flaunt like a good fart..
Haba your madness is beyond redemption,it never occur to me that I was quoting a chronic insane man from the bush tribe in Kenya were television and radio has remain a myth. Too bad it never occur to you in 2012 that the sky,day and night can never be made possible by your olokun and ifa without the division creator called Edumare.
Civilization is still very far from your pathetic tribe and I don't see it changing anytime soon with your absurd mentality,chronic retarded goon.

2 Likes

Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:26am On Nov 06, 2012
musKeeto:
We big pass dem.. U just fall our hands.. We're more matured generally.. there are a lot of nyc Yoruba folk on here... dont' judge the majority by the actions of some ignorant few..
I got ur point but I am just tried of them and the mods inability to stop them, just wait make a thread about a crime committed in igbo land or by igbo man u go see them talking rubbish and derailing thread by starting an e tribal war of words
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Sleek05(f): 11:26am On Nov 06, 2012
chucky234: Wanted to ignore you but your dumbness is too chronic to be left unattended,how has your silly olokun and ifa affected your pathetic besotted life?
Chronic discombobulated beetle-headed goon.

@ chucky, seriously, I think d guy should be ignored. Hez a sick attention seeker. Jumps 2 different religious posts 2 spew his trash. Hez a child who has nuthn but sawdust in his brain!

1 Like

Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:29am On Nov 06, 2012
yomanovic:

The Igbos! Always trying to turn anything that concerns the Yorubas into tribal thing. You dey beef this unfortunate occurrence again?
shaarap go and do research about who are de most tribalist here ewu
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 06, 2012
[size=14pt]Lmao.. F. oolish youths. With no dreams and visions.. Shortsighted i.. diots! Local nitwits of zero calibre, timbre and camber.. Youths of dead tomorow... shattered today & a forgotten yesterday..
How can a sensible man threaten a whole king all in the name of a dead shrine made of iron and wood...
They'll regret their action..![/size]

We have great kings in Nigeria who are BORN AGAIN & Filled with the Holy ghost. I've watched some of them preached..one of them is the Elesure of Esure, Ekiti state.. This man single-handedly wiped out idol worshipping out of Esure kingdom.. Ever since he ascended the throne, the town has witnessed a total turn-around. Another is the OLU of WARRI.. Olu of warri is the Chairman of all the Born Again Kings in Nigeria.. (all id.iots here, please take note and stop thinking with your a. nus)

Btw.. I'm ready to upload the mesage and photos I took with born-again Kings.. As in educated and great kings who have refused to follow the path of rituals and killings... the path of death and blood...

2 Likes

Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by ubong560(m): 11:32am On Nov 06, 2012
@K2039, shaaaraaap! wat do u knw abt tradition? Our forefathers made us 2 bliv dat idolatry is d right thing 2 do. Now, we've com 2 undastnd dat 2 worship God is d right thing, therefore, we must abscorn from idolatry and dat is it. Do away wit idol and welcome Christ into ur life. Idolatry is fetish and we dont need it again. D monarch is an epitome of who we need now. I salute him 4 dat move.
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 06, 2012
musKeeto:
ermm! Bros,I know you are an aetheist.but insulting Jesus and calling him a robber is uncalled for! You shouldn't have gone to that extent abusing him.I am sure you weren't born an aetheist.you grew up and became one.no matter our belief in christianity,you shouldn't disrespect the God we serve.respect christians and their belief and yours will be reciprocated.
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by pato405(m): 11:37am On Nov 06, 2012
berem: I wish all kings would be like this man.Nigeria shall indeed be a great nation! cheesy

Apart from being a very contentious post where they kill to get there, it has always been difficult for kings to observe the tenets and precepts of God. so his case is not strange. even in bible history, check the list: from Solomon who derailed into worshiping idols with bathsheba and had over 700 concubines to the others such as

Jeroboam (made gold calves and worshiped it) I kings 12:20
Nadab (Worshipped idols) I kings 15:25
Bahsa (killed Nadab to get there & killd all Jeroboam's Kin. Succeeded by son, Elah)I kings 15:16
Elah (Killed by his servant Zimri after just 2ys on throne)I kings 16:18
Zimri (Killed all Bashaa's kin) I kings 16:10
Omri (More evil than previous kings)1Kings 16:16
Tibni (Divided the people to 2 waring factions) 1 kings 16:21
Ahab( more evil than previous kings,worshiped idols, maried Jazebel) I kings 16:16
Ahaziah (son of Ahab,very evil.served Baal - an idol, fel n died of injuries)i kings 22:51
Jehoram (didn't serve Baal but was very evil) 2 kings 1:17
Jehu (killed Jehoram, destroyed Baal but made gold calves n worshiped them)2 kings 2:19
Jehohahaz (son of Jehu, very evil minded) 2 kings 13:1
Jeroboam (evil guy) 2 kings 13:13
Zachariah (son of Jeroboam, did evil in Isreal) 2 kings 14:29
Shallum (Killed Zachariah, did evil)2 kings 15:10
Manahem (Killed shallum, very cruel and killed those who didnt support him)2 kings 15:14
pekakiah(son of manahem,evil and killed by Pekah)2 kings 15:27
Hoshea (Killed Pekah, very evil and took Isreal captive)2 kings 15:30

the list continues even till Nebuchadnezar, Herod e.t.c

so, it's a tough post sated with envy, strife, contention and cruelty to survive. I'm not saying it's totally impossible to be chaste as the totem bearer (king), it's quite tough. someone pointed out that if they had met him there, they'll have killd him outrightly and that was right. the possibility of those envious of the position to spearhead those irate youths should not be dispelled.
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Ayomax(m): 11:38am On Nov 06, 2012
berem: ermm! Bros,I know you are an aetheist.but insulting Jesus and calling him a robber is uncalled for! You shouldn't have gone to that extent abusing him.I am sure you weren't born an aetheist.you grew up and became one.no matter our belief in christianity,you should disrespect the God we serve.respect christians and their belief and yours will be reciprocated.
don't mind tht immature fool, I still pity his parents.
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by pappy2000: 11:38am On Nov 06, 2012
chucky234: Haba your madness is beyond redemption,it never occur to me that I was quoting a chronic insane man from the bush tribe in Kenya were television and radio has remain a myth. Too bad it never occur to you in 2012 that the sky,day and night can never be made possible by your olokun and ifa without the division creator called Edumare.
Civilization is still very far from your pathetic tribe and I don't see it changing anytime soon with your absurd mentality,chronic retarded goon.
That boy need urgent medical attention the best you can do to him is that you pray for him becos from his post I am sure he is a regular patient of yaba left
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by yomanovic: 11:40am On Nov 06, 2012
Ayomax: u guys are yet to answer my question, wht abt born again kings we have in the bible? they were king and they served only one God. shey dey get two heads ni?

I wonder why you should compare a case of an African King to that of biblical Solomon and so on when the story is actually of biblical context. Their stories begin from creation and we could see that God's names(including Jesus and Holy Spirit) featured right fro creation through the time that God himself started kings for them.

On the side of Africa, however, ogun and those other names have always featured. The traditional festivities and what we would refer to as 'fetish' have always featured. How do we then reconcile the opposing cultures? The culture of the bible is different to that of our fore-fathers. Although there is always room for comparism but you may never find answers because the cases have opposing origins.

I feel for the king, trying to entrench Christianity into such a system. Well... I am trying not to be profane so I'll say, 'Dear God, help your son in need.'
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by SlyIg(f): 11:41am On Nov 06, 2012
pappy2000:

You ar very stupi.d. So you tell me that it is bad to pratice one faith,the question is that those who are fighting now are justified,what has the so called tradition rite brought to them,the man is trying to liberate them from the shackle of darkness. I am sure you are als an ogbanje

Can you read at all? Or if at all you can read,how effective is your comprehension! As much as you are free to practice christianity or Muslim,allow those ones into their traditional religion practice,right? There is what is called freedom of worship,Ok? After all,you may not even be better than they that are traditional religious. It is your likes that are boko haram trying to force people into your religion. Tell the so call king to become the king of his church and leave tradition alone. What rubbish! Nonesenze...
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by chucky234(m): 11:43am On Nov 06, 2012
Sleek05:

Seriously, I think dis guy should be ignored. Hez a sick attention seeker. Jumps 2 different religious posts 2 spew his trash. Hez a child who has nuthn but sawdust in his brain!
He will never realise how useless he is if ignored,I have to teach him one or two lessons today maybe uproot that madness out of his decaying brain cells.
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 06, 2012
DeSuper: The king should be blamed for this incident, he shouldn't have taken the throne in the first place when he knew he won't respect their tradition. I don't think there is any kingdom in Nigeria where the king oppose the tradition?
Kingship isn't a political position where you can go in and come out at will..
Didn't the youth knew he was born again before ascending the throne?

I say again, you guys should enlighen yourself before typing a single letter here... I can name 20 Kings in.Nigeria that are born-again.. and you dare not talk ritual or idol in their prescence..
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by yomanovic: 11:45am On Nov 06, 2012
dvdon: If all nigerian youths can be like dis guys we won't have curropt leaders anymore

There is a difference between being religious and being Godly. I read a report recently on naira that tends to show that aethist live more peacefully than religious people. Someone may not be going to church or mosque but yet operates a kind of principle that considers the welfare of others as a great deal.

1 Like

Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Bambela(m): 11:45am On Nov 06, 2012
musKeeto:
How were Africans backward? Please explain.. before I even attempt to reply to the rest of the drivel you posted up there...

what kind of human being you are? You think that your health at this moment guaratee you of any word you feel like? God have mercy on you.
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by chucky234(m): 11:47am On Nov 06, 2012
pappy2000:
That boy need urgent medical attention the best you can do to him is that you pray for him becos from his post I am sure he is a regular patient of yaba left
When I'm through with him Yaba psychiatric hospital will reject him.
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Ayomax(m): 11:49am On Nov 06, 2012
@chucky234 plz don't get it twisted this goat head called musKeeto is not a Yoruba guy but igbo. we don't have retarded ppl like musKeeto in Yoruba.
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by yomanovic: 11:51am On Nov 06, 2012
musKeeto:
Lol.. what darkness? To another darkness? Where you worship another man's God? Lol..

The talk of the religion thing self tire me. No be because of religion some pple are killing others? My brother, the calamity religion causes, is it able to profer solutions to it?
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by engrchux: 12:04pm On Nov 06, 2012
Ayomax:
well I do disagree with you to some extend. don't we have kings tht were born again in the bible? king David n co?

In as much as I'd luv 2 agree with u, this scenario is quite different from the biblical times of the Israelites. Israel was, from the on-set, founded on a religion that believed in Jehovah as their God so their kings couldn't have decided to serve other gods freely without some form of opposition/chaos. But here, we are talking about people whose kingship had been based on African tradition. What do u expect? I think the best alternative would have been 2 decline the throne if possible, most times the heir to the throne really do not have an option as long as he's alive; expecially in the African context. Well, the only thing that's constant is changes so perhaps that trend might change with time & civilization.
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Omen100(m): 12:06pm On Nov 06, 2012
Ayomax: u guys are yet to answer my question, wht abt born again kings we have in the bible? they were king and they served only one God. shey dey get two heads ni?

Please note that your argument is not coherent because the bible is just a piece of literature or the guide book for the early Hebrews which should not be taken serious buy other religious practitioners (maybe should be respected just because of mother, who is a christian) also the idiot of a monarch should have understood consequence of what he was getting himself into at the first place before he ascend the throne? They should have killed the stupid green sticking smelling & ugly ogre of a monarch angry angry angry
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by chucky234(m): 12:07pm On Nov 06, 2012
Ayomax: @chucky234 plz don't get it twisted this goat head called musKeeto is not a Yoruba guy but igbo. we don't have retarded ppl like musKeeto in Yoruba.
I never referred to him as a Yoruba man because he sound more like a man from the Kenyan bush tribe than a Nigerian.
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by pappy2000: 12:09pm On Nov 06, 2012
SlyIg:
Can you read at all? Or if at all you can read,how effective is your comprehension! As much as you are free to practice christianity or Muslim,allow those ones into their traditional religion practice,right? There is what is called freedom of worship,Ok? After all,you may not even be better than they that are traditional religious. It is your likes that are boko haram trying to force people into your religion. Tell the so call king to become the king of his church and leave tradition alone. What rubbish! Nonesenze...
Let me ask you a question did u do comprehension in school becos that may be the root of your problem,I don't have problem with a king who believes in christainanehy can't rhe youth respect the king constitutional right of freedom of worship,becos he has refused to join the cult so he should be killed
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 06, 2012
I see I've won myself a few fans.. of course the idiots can't see beyond their dirty ewedu stick... their foools and scam artists, the oledepos, adeBOYEs and ashimashawo are reaping heavily from the scam called xtianity... Those who wish to see will see...

berem: ermm! Bros,I know you are an aetheist.but insulting Jesus and calling him a robber is uncalled for! You shouldn't have gone to that extent abusing him.I am sure you weren't born an aetheist.you grew up and became one.no matter our belief in christianity,you shouldn't disrespect the God we serve.respect christians and their belief and yours will be reciprocated.
My orlu sister (hope i'm not confusing you for someone else)... xtians should learn to respect others first.. before they'd be respected.. Jesus and Harry Potter are no different to me.. the fact that you believe in one and not the other's not my business. but Jesus was a robber anyways, ask the Romans...
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by ZeusI: 12:24pm On Nov 06, 2012
Hahahahahahahahaha... From the most respectful tribe indeed. This is the second of the kind, next will be 'Tinubu on his heels as mob follows'.cheesycheesycheesycheesy Igbos de watch.
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 06, 2012
Omen100:

Please note that your argument is not coherent because the bible is just a piece of literature or the guide book for the early Hebrews which should not be taken serious buy other religious practitioners (maybe should be respected just because of mother, who is a christian) also the idiot of a monarch should have understood consequence of what he was getting himself into at the first place before he ascend the throne? They should have killed the stupid green sticking smelling & ugly ogre of a monarch angry angry angry
Please put some sense in these mugus... an old man named chucky lol... na my dog name be that.. the oda one na pap aka akamu...

Chooi...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should Africa Reclaim Its Stolen Treasures? - BBC / Igbo Fraud Permanently Put To Rest. Bonny (ibani) Language Compared With Igbo / Cultural/traditional Festivals In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.