Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue (20651 Views)

Anioma/Asaba People Are Not Igbo / How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? / Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by Revolva(m): 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2012
Has anyone tought of the igalas speaking communities in oshimili north LGA in delta ? Located in EBU ...pls someone google Ebu delta state and see my igala folks who migrated there to join due to how river niger pushed the igala kingdom apart to the border of edo, anambra...
On the ebu people which are not even recognised by even the ika igbos ..are facing some kind of assimilation by the ika igbos.just as illah which is now a fully ika igbo town back in the ancient times it was igalas speaking ......due to the fact that the ebu population is little and greatly influenced by the igbo culture from anambra and ika as well.. If you ask a deltan if they know igalas are in their state even a urhoboman will never agree not to talk of the Asaba people ..they are not aware but only someone who is vast in reading and travelling to places and studying cultures.. Anioma comprises of many tribes if it will be given a state..
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by Ngodigha: 11:37pm On Dec 29, 2012
Revolva: Has anyone tought of the igalas speaking communities in oshimili north LGA in delta ? Located in EBU ...pls someone google Ebu delta state and see my igala folks who migrated there to join due to how river niger pushed the igala kingdom apart to the border of edo, anambra...
On the ebu people which are not even recognised by even the ika igbos ..are facing some kind of assimilation by the ika igbos.just as illah which is now a fully ika igbo town back in the ancient times it was igalas speaking ......due to the fact that the ebu population is little and greatly influenced by the igbo culture from anambra and ika as well.. If you ask a deltan if they know igalas are in their state even a urhoboman will never agree not to talk of the Asaba people ..they are not aware but only someone who is vast in reading and travelling to places and studying cultures.. Anioma comprises of many tribes if it will be given a state..
Anioma comprising of many tribes doesnt matter, what matters is that Anioma region is an Igbo region. What is wrong with you guys?. Ondo state is not only made up of yorubas but other tribes yet no one is complaining. Is Ondo not a yoruba state?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by ezeagu(m): 11:38pm On Dec 29, 2012
Revolva: Has anyone tought of the igalas speaking communities in oshimili north LGA in delta ? Located in EBU ...pls someone google Ebu delta state and see my igala folks who migrated there to join due to how river niger pushed the igala kingdom apart to the border of edo, anambra...

You do know there are Igala in Anambra? That the mixed with the people long ago and that there are Igala villages near northern Anambra state?
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by Revolva(m): 8:38am On Dec 30, 2012
ezeagu:

You do know there are Igala in Anambra? That the mixed with the people long ago and that there are Igala villages near northern Anambra state?
Off course I know there are ...igala settlers over there in nzam and also in illushi edo state you know the region of anioma shares border with the river niger and the ibaji area of kogi state ...well I would like anioma state to be created somehow ....
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by Abagworo(m): 9:01am On Dec 30, 2012
Revolva:
Off course I know there are ...igala settlers over there in nzam and also in illushi edo state you know the region of anioma shares border with the river niger and the ibaji area of kogi state ...well I would like anioma state to be created somehow ....

Imo State is the only Igbo State that is 100% Igbo and bounded completely by Igbo speaking peoples of Delta, Anambra, Rivers and Abia States. Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra and Enugu all have some non-Igbo mix or settlements.
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by agbotaen: 2:01pm On Jan 08, 2013
1.well if ika people were caught kidnapping ,how does that concern you oo or are igboss not king pins in kidnapping , smuggling , armed robbery and rituals ,
2. i will advice you to go to igbodo right now and that is the ika town where some of their people like claiming to be igbo and ask them why the town people chased away the igbo-ebonyi woman their obi has chosen as wife, they said she is not ika and even anioma or edo .that is food for thought for igbo propagandists.
3. ika is influenced by igbo or had igbo migration ,but we dont hide that after all we have lots of igbo words in our language , but we also realise we have lots of benin culture, language and way of life and even yoruba and other cultures in ika and that is why we say ika is different from igbo and ika cannever be igbo, our ways are different, most times i associate with igbo people i see a lot of differences in the way ika people think and the way igbo people think and we also have different cultural ideologies , i am not saying one is superior to the other , they are just different

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by agbotaen: 2:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
what do you seek to gain? ikas are never going to go along with igbo , you know why difference in culture ,tradition and world view , so get close to your igbo centric people and leave ikacentric people alone ooo.
if i were you i will be ashamed because in every thing igbos do they are the ones always writing and shouting that ika people are igbos , but ika say they are just ika , that means ika people believe that igbo ethnicity is a bad product , if it is a good product then ika will jump at the offer of being igbo , just like people are jumping and proud of being yoruba .as for me and 100 percent of ika people we are proud of being ika , but we still have some people witihin ika that say they are igbo and we always find them in few numbers in ekwuoma and igbodo

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by Ojiofor: 5:48pm On Jan 24, 2013
Abagworo: Has anyone ever asked why it is only among Igbos that someone that speaks Igbo language as his 1st and only language denies affinity to the greater Igbo? Was it always like this? Granted the Europeans aided in creation of the Igbo identity( but it is also same across Nigeria and Africa) why then is the case of Igbo different? Why is Agbotaen et al trying their best to dis-link the kinship they share with other Igbos. Why are they trying so much to lean on the Benin side of their history rather than accepting the truth even as told by the Obi?

The answer is simple. The failed coup of 1966 which was tagged Igbo coup had a multiplier effect on the feeling of other Nigerians towards Igbos and the resultant war and the war propaganda worsened it. The Igbos lost the trust other Nigerians had for them and anybody that had the option of dual ethnicity would hurriedly drop the Igbo part and some went as far as modifying their languages.

The other question is "would denying your Igbo kinship help you gain acceptance?". IMHO, it can only give a temporary relief from the immediate situation but will hunt you in the long run. For example here on Nairaland, a lot of non-Igbos believe Agbotaen has a genuine case without knowing what is involved. Agbotaen would feel that his campaign of distinct ethnicity had met success among non-Igbos but realized it hit the rock when some (Igbo)Ikas were caught as the kidnappers of Osun speaker's wife. Most non-Igbos immediately accused Igbos of bringing kidnapping to SW without knowing fully well that it is the same (Igbo) Ikas that they had all these while lent Agbotaen support of distinctness.

My advice to the Igbos in Delta State is to think twice and never believe that sudden change in ethnicity will make all those other Nigerians view them differently. It is still on record that most of the Igbo officers that were involved in the 1966 coup were from present Delta State. It is also as a result of the coup that the polgrom against all Igbos happened and the resultant Biafran war as well.

Good question nwa Mazi....as they say success has many friends/relations while failiure is an orphan....if the Biafran war had ended in our favour who will hear all these denials of not being Igbo?If we had won all of them will trace their roots from Nri to Aro all the way to OKigwe and Umuahia.Mind you before the war all their political leaders were paying homage to Enugu.They forget nothing last forever!
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by Afam4eva(m): 6:42pm On Jan 24, 2013
Ojiofor:

Good question nwa Mazi....as they say success has many friends/relations while failiure is an orphan....if the Biafran war had ended in our favour who will hear all these denials of not being Igbo?If we had won all of them will trace their roots from Nri to Aro all the way to OKigwe and Umuahia.Mind you before the war all their political leaders were paying homage to Enugu.They forget nothing last forever!
I agree with you. I once heard a benin man say that benin and edo people are Yorubas and i was like WTF. These people don't even speak a language similar to Yoruba in anyway but he was embracing being Yoruba. But on the other hand, even people who speak Igbo and have Igbo will deny their heritage. I bet you, an Igbo presidency will change a lot of things.
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by ezotik: 6:51pm On Jan 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
I agree with you. I once heard a benin man say that benin and edo people are Yorubas and i was like WTF. These people don't even speak a language similar to Yoruba in anyway but he was embracing being Yoruba. But on the other hand, even people who speak Igbo and have Igbo will deny their heritage. I bet you, an Igbo presidency will change a lot of things.

stop lying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by Afam4eva(m): 6:54pm On Jan 24, 2013
ezotik:

stop lying.
Dude, i'm not lying. The guy was my lesson teacher when i got out of secondary school. I've also met few edo people like him. When the guy said it, i just felt ashamed on his behalf. I can understand someone having an affinity with an ethnic group but how can an edo person tell me that edo people are Yorubas. Yet people who speak Igbo and bear Igbo names are saying they're not Igbo. It all boils down to the civil war.
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by ezotik: 6:59pm On Jan 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
Dude, i'm not lying. The guy was my lesson teacher when i got out of secondary school. I've also met few edo people like him. When the guy said it, i just felt ashamed on his behalf. I can understand someone having an affinity with an ethnic group but how can an edo person tell me that edo people are Yorubas. Yet people who speak Igbo and bear Igbo names are saying they're not Igbo. It all boils down to the civil war.

dude, it is all in ur head.
edo people who speak a yoruboid language do not claim to be yoruba not to talk of a bini man.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by Afam4eva(m): 7:01pm On Jan 24, 2013
ezotik:

dude, it is all in ur head.
edo people who speak a yoruboid language do not claim to be yoruba not to talk of a bini man.
I'm telling you what i heard from an edo man and you're saying it's in my head. It may not be the view of majority of bini or edo people but there are edo people who would want to attach themselves as Yorubas.
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by ezotik: 7:08pm On Jan 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm telling you what i heard from an edo man and you're saying it's in my head. And btw, this man is not one of those edo people with Yoruba names. He's a typical bini man.

imagination is free and it leads to freedom of speech. use it as u wish.
and u are also free to imagine if biafra had won the war, a bini man will tell u all edo people are igbos.
but at the end of the day, it is all in ur head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by Afam4eva(m): 7:13pm On Jan 24, 2013
ezotik:

imagination is free and it leads to freedom of speech. use it as u wish.
and u are also free to imagine if biafra had won the war, a bini man will tell u all edo people are igbos.
but at the end of the day, it is all in ur head.
Who said this?

Anyways, whether you believe it or not is not the issue. I was just trying to add credence to what someone said about success having many friends.
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by agbotaen: 12:18pm On Jan 28, 2013
1. this civil this and that has surely blinded many people.
2. in 1930 ,when ika people made a declaration to the british that ika is not part of any ethnic group in southern nigeria and nigeria , was there a civil war , igbos should just realise that people have a right to their ethnicity , and language or nearness of language is not a claim of being from same tribe , it can only show that these people have a relationship, isoko was lumped together as uhrobos by british , may be because of having a close language with uhrobos but later isoko asserted their different tribe called isoko, bini and ishan have close language but are two different tribes,so even if igbos claim that ika is close to igbo the truth is that our ideology and way of life is different and we did not migrate or have same ancestors and so we cant be same tribe , you are igbo while we are ika full stop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by pazienza(m): 2:53pm On Jan 28, 2013
Agbotaen,stop talking trash,Ogbuefi had long exposed your ignorance on this Ika you are trying to impose,don't think that because he is not around,you can write trash and get away,we all still have those facts that he brought to his arguement,that exposed your ignorance. You speak of ika identity,like ika had always existed, the concept of ika is but a new one,even newer than the igbo concept you are fighting so hard to pull down. The real division of western igbo,has always been along the concept of Enuani and ukwuani. Why then are trying to create confusion,what's your gain.
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 01, 2013
Pardon me for ressurecting this dead thread. But i just had to chip in one or two things to makes things clear to some people. I'm an Igbo guy, born and brought up in the north, so i'll make reference to the north, as i dont know much about the south.if the Ikas choose to be an independent 'ethnic' entity i think we should let them be. Whenever the north is mentioned people immediately conclude that Northern Nigeria is a geographical location belonging to Hausas, but that is not the case as a matter of fact the hausas are the 2nd largest ethnic group in the North. Fulanis are the largest ethnic group in northern Nigeria, but a fulani man will always tell you he is hausa. Period! In sokoto where i stay, there are minority tribes or need i call them dialects like, Gobir,Tsulbe e.t.c. But they always claim 'Hausa' why? Because they know, when united they form a Formidable force in Nigeria. Until we in the south take a cue from this guys and learn to see ourselves as one, we will always be viewed as 'minors'. Yorubas in kwara and Kogi are proud yorubas till death. A yoruba guy from kwara wont tell you he's 'Kwara yoruba' or 'Kogi yoruba', so long they are concerned yoruba is yoruba, and geo political zone cant change that. It's unfortunate that our kins in Rivers have become so intoxicated with oil money that , they'l rather deny their Igbo ancestry than loose their oil wells. Same goes for our kiths in delta, i've been following this agboaten of a guy closely, the dude is completely 'Anti Igbo'. Besides Asaba i cant vouch for any other town in Delta as Proud Igbos.here in Sokoto there's a woman that sells food @ the Central market, Nneka by Name, she's from Asaba,whenever asked what tribe she's from she responds proudly and boldly 'INYAMURA' which literaly means 'igbo woman'. Although that cost her, her shop she didnt budge, she got another one in another part of the market. My conclusion is if we can unite our kiths and Kins in the south south. We can still be forces to be reckoned with Nigeria's politcal plat form. Peace be unto all...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by ijawcitizen(m): 7:34pm On Feb 02, 2013
NO WONDER IGBO PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO IMPOSE THEMSELVES ON IJAWLAND....WHILE YOU HAVE IKA, IKWERRE, EKPEYE, OGBA/NDONI, AHOADA TO CONTEND WITH.....SO KEEP WORKING..... LOLZ

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 02, 2013
^^^ Igbos have better lands to encroach on rather than waste precious time fighting over polluted,infertile islet state like bayelsa. I wouldnt even support ijaw territories being part of Igbo land. You guys can merge with the Yorubas for all i care!
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by agbotaen: 2:42pm On Feb 08, 2013
1. yorubas in kwara call themselves yoruba out of love for their ethnicity and no one forced them, and it is where they feel protected in nigeria and all yorubas believe their founder was oduduwa and so they used oduduwa to hold their ethnicity , and so which founder linked ika and igbos together ? that is food for thought for you.
2. all tribes in nigeria is political union , majority of ika people feel and believe no group can protect them like an ika group and so they solidely consolidated on ika ethnicity in 1930 , years before the civil war .
3. language is not a barometer to know which tribe a person belongs to ,as some languages on earth have become extinct like latin , it is no longer spoken and large migrations into an area can change or affect a language,if you want to really determine where a people come from you have to look at their art, culture, kingship, chiethancy, marriage rite, burial rites , cultural religion,and stories of migration, and also check their language.
4. people can work together if they understand and respect each others differences, but if you want to bully the person into your fold due to your perceived population you will have problems

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by Preshioux(m): 10:02am On Feb 25, 2013
An average anioma doesn't see himself as an igbo man..you need to reside there to really get the jerk..anioma people have decided to take destiny into thier hands by dissociating themselves 4rm easterners..even when u find a few anioma accepting to be ibo, they tell u dey are delta ibo and not igbo, dats just to tell u dat sumtin is wrong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by cantell(m): 10:26am On Feb 25, 2013
Ukwuani, Anioma, Ika, Ikwerre etc are just deluded set of people trying their best to change the way they are.
No matter what you all claim, the rest of Nigerians, will always see you as Igbo.
Even some of their folks claim Igbo when it's convienient for them.
Left for me, we Igbos are more than comfortable with the way we already are.
The likes of Abagworo seems to think we're not and this is the major reason why arguments in threads like this lingers on and in the end, it doesn't change anything.
We all know who we are, regardless of what we claim to be.
Ka Chineke mezie okwu.
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by Preshioux(m): 12:26pm On Feb 25, 2013
cantell: Ukwuani, Anioma, Ika, Ikwerre etc are just deluded set of people trying their best to change the way they are.
No matter what you all claim, the rest of Nigerians, will always see you as Igbo.
The likes of Abagworo seems to think we're not and this is the major reason why arguments in threads like this lingers on and in the end, it doesn't change anything.
Ka Chineke mezie okwu.
a single u isnt beta dan the over 1.5million anioma people..one question people like u fail to ask urselves is, in a political setting like that of nigeria where belonging to a major tribe counts, yet the anioma people kip distancing demselves 4rm the easterners, even wit obvious gains dey may get by bin a major tribe..dey prefer bin regarded as minorities..WHY is dis just peculiar to d igbo..
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by Preshioux(m): 12:34pm On Feb 25, 2013
you dont tell a man where he is 4rm, rather he tells u..easterners nid to put thier house in order so dat the anioma, ikwerre, ndoni, igbanke all in the south south can beat thier chest proudly dat dey are igbos, if not dey may continue in the strive to exist on thier own, just the way dey are going about now..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by Preshioux(m): 12:42pm On Feb 25, 2013
INNO18: ^^^ Igbos have better lands to encroach on rather than waste precious time fighting over polluted,infertile islet state like bayelsa. I wouldnt even support ijaw territories being part of Igbo land. You guys can merge with the Yorubas for all i care!
do u mean to say dat igbo are looking 4 gud lands to claim? it is loosed talk lyk dis dat pisses the south south..igbo shud learn to be gud neigbours n guest.. atleast u cant compare bayelsa n ebonyi
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by pazienza(m): 3:04pm On Feb 25, 2013
agbotaen: 1. yorubas in kwara call themselves yoruba out of love for their ethnicity and no one forced them, and it is where they feel protected in nigeria and all yorubas believe their founder was oduduwa and so they used oduduwa to hold their ethnicity , and so which founder linked ika and igbos together ? that is food for thought for you.
2. all tribes in nigeria is political union , majority of ika people feel and believe no group can protect them like an ika group and so they solidely consolidated on ika ethnicity in 1930 , years before the civil war .
3. language is not a barometer to know which tribe a person belongs to ,as some languages on earth have become extinct like latin , it is no longer spoken and large migrations into an area can change or affect a language,if you want to really determine where a people come from you have to look at their art, culture, kingship, chiethancy, marriage rite, burial rites , cultural religion,and stories of migration, and also check their language.
4. people can work together if they understand and respect each others differences, but if you want to bully the person into your fold due to your perceived population you will have problems

Yorubas are not united by oduduwa,not all yoruba believe in the oduduwa tale,when oduduwa went to ile ife,he didn't meet empty land there,he met yoruba tribes there. So get your facts right.
Yorubas in kwara and kogi don't go about denying their kinship in SW,because,unlike agbontae and his co-travellers in anioma and rivers state,they have self dignity and are not deluded neither do they suffer from inferiority complex like agbontaen,even those yoruba tribes that were once under the bini empire don't claim bini, a sharp contrast to what is seen in anioma and rivers.

I see, since i showed that lgbanke speak an unadulterated igbo dialect (that no bini man can understand without prior knowledge of it,but any well travelled igbo would understand at a go),which differs completely from the crap you have been forging and presenting to people as ika dialect, you have shifted the goal post. The chant is no longer that ika don't speak an igbo dialect,the chant now is that sharing same language does not connote ancestral relationship.
When i have time,i will expose why this your new line of thought is at best stupid,and easily gives you away as a man with a child's brain. Good to see you shifting the goal posts,soon you will have nowhere else to hide.
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by pazienza(m): 3:31pm On Feb 25, 2013
Preshioux: you dont tell a man where he is 4rm, rather he tells u..easterners nid to put thier house in order so dat the anioma, ikwerre, ndoni, igbanke all in the south south can beat thier chest proudly dat dey are igbos, if not dey may continue in the strive to exist on thier own, just the way dey are going about now..

No man/group has the right to re-write history,whether that history is about him/his group or others is inconsequential.
Ika and anyother group has everyright to create any new identity for themselves,but any attempt to revise history as we know it, to achieve that aim, will be met with severe resistance.
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by Abagworo(m): 3:33pm On Feb 25, 2013
cantell: Ukwuani, Anioma, Ika, Ikwerre etc are just deluded set of people trying their best to change the way they are.
Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

Some people are good at calling me out when nothing warrants that. Like I've always maintained, ethnicity is a thing of the mind and an artificial consciousness born out of belief in kinship and destiny. My own idea of Igbo is language cluster group . If agbotaen claims distinct agbotaen ethnic group, that's his problem but where I disagree with him is whenever he tries to claim Ika is not part of Igbo language cluster.
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by oturugo(m): 12:47am On Feb 26, 2013
Preshioux: a single u isnt beta dan the over 1.5million anioma people..one question people like u fail to ask urselves is, in a political setting like that of nigeria where belonging to a major tribe counts, yet the anioma people kip distancing demselves 4rm the easterners, even wit obvious gains dey may get by bin a major tribe..dey prefer bin regarded as minorities..WHY is dis just peculiar to d igbo..
Shut up your stinking mouth. Anioma is not in the east, we all know that. But Igboland did not end in the east. Monkey, you may not be Igbo, it is accepted but do not make it seem as if Anioma people are not Igbo. Idiott
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by agbotaen: 5:24pm On Feb 26, 2013
i am ika and i speak ika language , i do not speak igbo , and my ancestors did not bear igbo names period, and ika has never been in any union with igbo , we are always on our own and later we were in benin empire and western nigeria and midwest and bendel to edo and delta , so what is the problem and we have guareded our nationality with all we have got.
2. we are not benin , but we share a relationship and culture with them , and we are not igbo , but we also share some relationship with them, and ika is not alone as our itsekiri brothers share link with both yoruba and benin , but the yorubas are not crying , and so why are igbos always on collision course with others and lie so much to proove a point , and i guess that is why others including ika dislikes most igbo people.
3. i am a pure ika man and i have never seen any real ika person that says he is igbo , unless some people from igbodo and ekuoma and they are near igbo cultural areas , but again that is their right , but majority of ika has rejected being igbo long ago , even during the 1967 civil war , so what more do you want ikas to do , and ika will never follow igbo and that is why you cannot find an ika man of repute in ohaneze ndigbo .
4. we are not benin ,because we rejected that notion in 1930
5. we are a successful people so we do not need the numbers of ndigbo to survive in nigeria , we are already suviving and no one will use us to play the number game in nigeria , ika majority has said no to igbo , infact most ika people do not like to come near an igbo person.
6. we ikas are our own people, igbanke wants to join their ika brothers in delta , but they did not say they want to join igbo , why this propaganda? they came to ogua ika and anioma groups , but they did not go to ohaneze ndigbo or any igbo group accross the niger . and what culture ties ika people to igbos ? very few , but i can give you deatails of cultural practices that makes ika a distinct ethnicity .
7. igbo as an ethnicity was formed by europeans , just like other groups in nigeria , all these ethnicities became strong in the 1920s , and so we the ika formed ours and made it strong since 1930 and so what is the concern of igbos or is igbo as a name brought from heaven ? the answer is no , and for those who want to be igbo it is good , but for majority of ika people we dont want to be igbo , period
8. when i am asked to write my ethicity , i say ika and i write ika , i do not say igbo , neither do i write ika-igbo , so whatever igbo people call us that is their business , but what we call ourselves is what matters and that is ika
9. we have onu and ogua ika as our highest socio-cultural organisation , just like igbos habe ohaneze ndigbo .
10. there is no amount of propaganda that will make a full blooded ika to become an igbo person , and if igbo is same as ika ,, then let all igbo people say that they are ika .
11. your fathers tried before and failed in 1967 , so keep away from ika as we have no interest in becoming ndigbo /

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Igbos Of SS/SE Nigeria / Is Traditional Marriage Complete Marriage? / Yoruba Boys Are Wavy !!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.