Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,566 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:34 PM

Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue (20526 Views)

Anioma/Asaba People Are Not Igbo / How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? / Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by chukzyblingz(m): 11:45am On Mar 16, 2015
pazienza:

An honest mistake on my part,i meant to write Ochei, not Obuh.

Yes, his parents must be pro Igbo enough to give him the central Igbo variant of that name, "ifeanyi", if you are too angry with that,go take otapiapia.

Btw, "Ifeanyi" is not an "Igbo" name, it's an Anambra central name, but was chosen by the rest of Ndiigbo unknowingly as the standard form of that name.

We all have variants of that name in our own lects, eg Iheanyi,Iveanyi, Heanyi,etc. But like Iron to magnet,we are all drawn to the Anambra central variant, because it's lighter and sweeter to the tongue. That's the pan Igbo spirit working.

If names is what you use to judge who is pro Igbo and who is not among the Ikas, you will be highly disappointed. Nduka Obaigbena who spoke against the creation of Anioma state at the National Conference is bearing an Igbo name "Nduka". his reason for doing that was that some people were Igbonising the whole stuff.

And again, Ochei is not an Ukwani man but an Anioma man. You see what happens when some people try to claim they know much about a people they know nothing about.
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by tonychristopher: 11:49am On Mar 16, 2015
chukzyblingz:

Bros, that's no fact at all. If truly you actually thought that to be a fact, that means you certainly don't know anything about the Ikas. Except you just wrote that to deceive some gullible people.

please re write the history biko
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by chukzyblingz(m): 12:22pm On Mar 16, 2015
tonychristopher:

please re write the history biko

What history are you talking about? please explain.
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by tonychristopher: 12:35pm On Mar 16, 2015
chukzyblingz:

What history are you talking about? please explain.

ginwa ma...you know it

biko
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by pazienza(m): 1:20pm On Mar 16, 2015
chukzyblingz:

If names is what you use to judge who is pro Igbo and who is not among the Ikas, you will be highly disappointed. Nduka Obaigbena who spoke against the creation of Anioma state at the National Conference is bearing an Igbo name "Nduka". his reason for doing that was that some people were Igbonising the whole stuff.

And again, Ochei is not an Ukwani man but an Anioma man. You see what happens when some people try to claim they know much about a people they know nothing about.

Right, Ochei is an Aniocha man. I can't seem to remember the name of the Ukwuani aspirant that one Ukwuani guy here with victor as moniker was promoting. It's like his name is Obielum Victor, i have been searching for the link to that thread with out success.
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by chukzyblingz(m): 2:35pm On Mar 16, 2015
pazienza:

Right, Ochei is an Aniocha man. I can seem to remember the name of the Ukwuani aspirant that one Ukwuani guy here with victor as moniker was promoting. It's like his name is Obielum Victor, i have been searching for the link to that thread with out success.

OK. understood. There is a Guber aspirant from Ndokwa that bears the name "Obielum".
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by pazienza(m): 8:21am On Mar 17, 2015
chukzyblingz:

OK. understood. There is a Guber aspirant from Ndokwa that bears the name "Obielum".

Do you have a link to an article containing that Nduka Obaigbena's anti Igbo speech during the national conference.
Please, if you do, post it here, it would serve as a reference in the future.

Thanks.
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by chukzyblingz(m): 9:57am On Mar 17, 2015
pazienza:

Do you have a link to an article containing that Nduka Obaigbena's anti Igbo speech during the national conference.
Please, if you do, post it here, it would serve as a reference in the future.

Thanks.
Anti Igbo speech?
Is that what you tag it?
Anything that isn't pro Igbo is anti Igbo?
very funny!!

During the National conference, a former deputy governor of Delta state, one of the Anioma delegates at the conference raised a motion for the creation of Anima state. Mr. Nduka Obaigbena who went there to represent the press stood up to counter the motion saying that the Anioma are doing well in Delta and that they are comfortable, but if any Anioma group would like to leave Delta state they are free to go but that Him and his kinsmen should not be involved.
He didn't mention Igbo while he was speaking. But anybody that knows his antecedents will know why he countered that motion. Obaigbena is one of the few Aniomas that open speak to defend his Ikaness as against being Igbo. In any of his interviews, he always makes it clear that he is an Ika man and not an Igbo.
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by pazienza(m): 11:05am On Mar 17, 2015
chukzyblingz:

Anti Igbo speech?
Is that what you tag it?
Anything that isn't pro Igbo is anti Igbo?
very funny!!

During the National conference, a former deputy governor of Delta state, one of the Anioma delegates at the conference raised a motion for the creation of Anima state. Mr. Nduka Obaigbena who went there to represent the press stood up to counter the motion saying that the Anioma are doing well in Delta and that they are comfortable, but if any Anioma group would like to leave Delta state they are free to go but that Him and his kinsmen should not be involved.
He didn't mention Igbo while he was speaking. But anybody that knows his antecedents will know why he countered that motion. Obaigbena is one of the few Aniomas that open speak to defend his Ikaness as against being Igbo. In any of his interviews, he always makes it clear that he is an Ika man and not an Igbo.

Yea, if you are not pro Igbo,you are anti Igbo or atleast treated as such until you become decisive. In life,those who sit on the fence are potential cowards or traitors, either way, they are of no use to your cause, better cut your loss now than later.

You didn't post the link to that article, please help me with the link, i would be grateful.
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by emmysoftyou: 2:51pm On Mar 17, 2015
chukzyblingz:

Because he is bearing an Igbo name, that means he and his parents are proud Igbo people.
Sometime, I wonder if these easterners just chose to be foolish or if that's the way they actually are with the way they try to make their points in any argument. BTW,

Ikas have variants of any Igbo name but they always end up giving the Igbo variants. That's why you still see Ikas answering name like Kelechi instead of Kpanminose, Chiedu instead of Ehiedu etc.

And again, Obuh is not Ndokwa but a pure Agbor man.
from the look of yur username,i guess ur name is chukwuka or chukwuemeka or chuks...
How does it sound when someone from a non igbo called yu chukszy..?
I guess it sound cool than when yu answer the corrupted names from benin?
At bold one...easterners re not foolish cos not all easterners came here on nairaland to argued with yu..
They re busy with their businesses and dont have time with some lazy dudes who came here to abuse them all..

At bold two...and they end up given their child name,an igbo names.,,
Re igbo names so special? Why do ikas end up given their child name,an igbo names? Why?
from what yu said above 2nd bolded,
that means we didnt force them to answer our names cos they love the way it sound that s why they gave their kids name,an igbonames...
Ika languages have being corrupted with benin languages and that s why ur parents wants to be preserves their own premitive dialect and local names from east than the corrupted names and language spoken by some denials of ndigbos...

compared btw kelechi and Kpanminose?
if yu gave birth to boy or girl which of the former or latter will yu choose to be the name of yur kids
Be sincere ? Lol..

i know yu re pained reading my msg now, but calm down,we dont need yu,i ve delta igbo friends from asaba,aniocha,ogwachi and iseluku and mbuzo...
Am ok they bear igbos names and they communicate in asaba language cos they base there and their language is clearer than afikpo,ikwerre,ezzi,ezza and nsukka...
and they re proudly igbos.

Ika and ndokwa re not up to 2.5million minus delta igbos.
so if they re not igbos. But believe me bro, it does not reduce the population of the greater igbo nation in the east...

So yu see,i dont give a damn if yu guys re igbo or not but stop the stealing of our names,bear ur ika names and dont make it sound like igbo name,make it sound like benin name cos here on nairaland,once an ika man or ikwerre stole money from the street or political house?
And the names written there on newspaper is igbo names,
Surely,the yorubas or hausas,wont hesitates to mention igbo man as a thieves.blab balab and blah...

So yu guys should called all ya kinsmen to change the system of igbo bearing names...
And answer names like.....
opolomon,ikamon,ikado,ikalako,mpama,ikpili,ozu, ara and anuofia... ...

Those names will help to separates yu guys from igbo pples cos it will revitalized the real ikaness among the denials...

2 Likes

Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by agbotaen: 5:58pm On Mar 18, 2015
1. igbos should respect ika nation and people , our resolve to be ika is very ancient and even the british knows it , we resisted being benin and in 1930 , our fathers wrote to the british telling them in clear terms that ika is not part of any known ethnic group in nigeria, and in 1967 , during the civil war igbos also claimed ika and our elders also rejected that claim and rejected biafra .
2. nduka is his first name and its definitely igbo , but his surname is obaigbena and its benin or edo and so what does that tell you , igbos should realise that ika people came into ika in different waves from benin, ishan, ora, ndokwa, aniocha and igbo land and even yoruba , so its a mixed race , but the core founders came from edo areas , but over time we have evolved into a seperate and distinct ethnicity and as such we are ika ethnic group and we should be respected .
3. we were called eka , later changed into ika , we had ogunagbon or agbon later changed in 1906 into agbor , we know our history and we are ika people and if igbos want to kill them selves on ika issues thats their business.
4. ika is a large ethnic group covering many areas in delta and edo state , and majority of ika people believe they are ika , but we have a small percentage from the eastern corridors in some parts of igbodo and ekwoma that say they are igbos , thats ok , but 99 percent of ika people belong to ogua/onu ika as the highest socio-political group for ika nation , just like igbos have ohaneze ndigbo .
5. we know some ika people have igbo names mostly as their first name but that does not make them igbos , just like we have majority of ikas with family names that are of edo.benin origin , and that does not make them benins , but we know we are ika thats what we call our selves and we do not add ibo to it , but out of ignorant many write whatever they like .
6. ika people are confident and we have made many brake throughs and by the grace of God , we will become the next governor of delta state .
7. nduka obaigbena is a proud prince from owa and ika , and so am i proud of being ika, i dont want to be any thing else .
8. moreover igbo nation was organised and created by europeans , it did not exist 200 years ago, so those who believe they are igbo that is their business and we that believe we are ika , thats our business , i dont even see the great similarity between ika and igbo ?
9. itsekiri in delta arose from both yoruba and benin and they are a different ethnicity , isoko and uhrobo speak very similar language and has similar culture and yet they are different ethnic groups, so nearness of language between ika and igbo does not make them same ethnic group.
10. kpanmiose is a proper ika name and many ika bear it today , am only sorry for ikas that decide to give their children igbo names over the beautiful ika names that abound

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by agbotaen: 6:02pm On Mar 18, 2015
1. on ifeanyi okowa , ifeanyi is an igbo name but okowa is edo , it means child of wealth or man of wealth . and he does not belong to ohaneze ndigbo or any igbo ethnic meeting, he belongs to ogua ika

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by agbotaen: 6:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
he did not win election on your stupid igbo agenda , but on a pan delta agenda, its ijaw and many uhrobos supporting james ibori and some itsekiris that aided him in winning , in anioma alone we had over 10 contestants , so get that right , and ika people have never belonged to those in delta that claim they are igbos , what we say and believe is that we are ika , period

2 Likes

Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by emmysoftyou: 8:57pm On Mar 18, 2015
Frankly speaking,ika is not igbo,
they re re not originally benin..
But they have a mixed ancestry with different ethnic group like delta igbo,benin and urhobo tribes that made them ikas...

their language aint sound like igbo,
so they re not igbos but
where i ve problems with them is
that they love our names and bears our names,
the same way applied with ikwerres,opobo and ndokwas...

We re proud with brothers and sisters from delta igbo,benue igbo,rivers igbo,kogi igbo and the igbos citizens in equitorial guinea...cool

we dont need any tribes claiming igbo names and fake surnames to join us again,our population is too big and large,
biko no space abeg...

Make una shift cool
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by chibecanglobal(m): 9:35pm On Mar 18, 2015
agbotaen:
1. on ifeanyi okowa , ifeanyi is an igbo name but okowa is edo , it means child of wealth or man of wealth . and he does not belong to ohaneze ndigbo or any igbo ethnic meeting, he belongs to ogua ika
But i know Okowa means "a man/guy from Owa" just as we have Okoro or Okolo or Oko meaning a male.
Okocha/Okorocha/Okolocha(a fair completioned man), Okonkwo(a male person born on Nkwo day)Okoobia/Okorobia/Okolobia(a young man) etc
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by agbotaen: 6:03pm On Mar 19, 2015
1. sorry to dissappoint you , okowa does not mean man from owa , its taken from two words , ika language was initially close to edo language but as time , went on it gained a life of its own from many people migrating from many areas into ika , so changes occured .
2. oko can mean man or prince from the ika /edo word word okoh or senior male , while owa -means wealth and goodness in benin and it later changed into uwe in ika today , and so the name okowa is taken from okoh-uwa and later written and pronounced as okowa.
3. the name efosa in edo means wealth of God , and in ika it is efose , it is taken from efe- wealth and oselobue in ika , while benin is efe- osalobuwa .
4. we reserve the right to bear the names of our ancestors , we dont need to listen to igbo propaganda , if we have edo names thats our business and if some of us bear igbo names thats our business ,, just like we have igbos bearing british names such as alex ekwueme , mary onyali , and even igala names too , even some igbos have yoruba names , have they removed it ?
5. ikas are proud of their ancestory and we do not want to change it for igbo , so keep your 200 million population , we no want , all we want is to be called ika .
6. igbo nation or tribe is a creation of the british that brought people together under the name igbo and so it is not from God and people did not sit to agree and to force it on other people because you feel they bear some of your name or have some similarities with you is very absurd .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by agbotaen: 6:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
1. sorry uwa means wealth in edo and in ika its uwe , so its oko- uwa that was spelt and pronounced as okowa

3 Likes

Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by fr3do(m): 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
agbotaen:

2. nduka is his first name and its definitely igbo , but his surname is obaigbena and its benin or edo and so what does that tell you , igbos should realise that ika people came into ika in different waves from benin, ishan, ora, ndokwa, aniocha and igbo land and even yoruba , so its a mixed race , but the core founders came from edo areas , but over time we have evolved into a seperate and distinct ethnicity and as such we are ika ethnic group and we should be respected .

God forbid! grin You might as well have said that we are fulani immigrants.
Your yoruba asslicking is so strong that you claim that some of us are from there when we have absolutely nothing with them.

We Ikas are aboriginal settlers of our land, we did not come from SE or bini.
We are under the same super ethnic group the SEners belong to by virtual of the similar culture we share with them. I and other politically sound and logical Ikas will symbotically partner with our kins in the SE and SS for our political advantage, the same way similar sub tribes in the SW have integrated to form the Yoruba race for their political advantage.

Cc Cheruv
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by cheruv: 4:36pm On Aug 23, 2015
fr3do:

God forbid! grin You might as well have said that we are fulani immigrants.
Your yoruba asslicking is so strong that you claim that some of us are from there when we have absolutely nothing with them.

We Ikas are aboriginal settlers of our land, we did not come from SE or bini.
We are under the same super ethnic group the SEners belong to by virtual of the similar culture we share with them. I and other politically sound and logical Ikas will symbotically partner with our kins in the SE and SS for our political advantage, the same way similar sub tribes in the SW have integrated to form the Yoruba race for their political advantage.

Cc Cheruv
I know Agbontaen...the Bini refugee in agbor who now wants to diktat on how ikas would identify themselves.
I know Ali ika was a land of refuge for felons and people banished from AlaBini and its environs.
Am sure agbontaen is a descendant of such people.. Kos people in ika and ukwuani areas who deny being Igbo are children of such people.Igbos never carried out wars of aggression, so anybody who claims he's not Igbo in those areas came from outside! undecided
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by chindakwe842: 8:54pm On Jan 08, 2016
Anioma is not igbo but buhari said,"these are igbo", reffering to IBE Kachikwu, Ifeanyi Emefiele etc.
Who is mad b/ w the S east Igbo/ their Anioma kins men?

Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by chindakwe842: 9:05pm On Jan 08, 2016
Anioma is not igbo but buhari said,"these are igbo", reffering to IBE Kachikwu, Ifeanyi Emefiele etc.
Who is mad b/ w the S east Igbo/ their Anioma kins men?
emmysoftyou:
Frankly speaking,ika is not igbo,
they re re not originally benin..
But they have a mixed ancestry with different ethnic group like delta igbo,benin and urhobo tribes that made them ikas...
their language aint sound like igbo,
so they re not igbos but
where i ve problems with them is
that they love our names and bears our names,
the same way applied with ikwerres,opobo and ndokwas...
We re proud with brothers and sisters from delta igbo,benue igbo,rivers igbo,kogi igbo and the igbos citizens in equitorial guinea...cool
we dont need any tribes claiming igbo names and fake surnames to join us again,our population is too big and large,
biko no space abeg...
Make una shift cool

1 Share

Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by NakedEve: 9:51pm On Jan 08, 2016
agbotaen:
1. is igbo an ethnic group? if the ansewer is yes then anioma too can become an ethnic group if we say so , as igbo was crafted with the help of europeans ,just like yoruba and others including my beloved ika ethnic group , and i know this will hurt many igbos .
2. ika people dont have identity crisis it is igbos that are suffering from hallucination of thinking ika is igbo , and may be your people want to build a new empire , when benin empire has even falling .and sokoto caliphate is no more.
please wake up , even during the time of benin empire , it was ika people that were batlling them in most cases .
3. you are making a vague claim , which ika obi is a member of ohazneze ndigbo ? please mention his name and kingdom in ika ? and it shows you are just an igbo man from accross the river niger ,and you are not from delta , because if you are you will know that ndokwa people dont have obi , what they have is okpala-uku,so get that .
4. please igbo people were are you people from ?
igbos claim they are from nri
2. they claim they are from igbo ukwu
3. igbos also claim they are from isreal ,
as an all knowing race ,who can tell ika people where they come from , please where are you from

Let us chase Igbo's out of Nigeria as they r from Israel cheesy
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by tonychristopher: 8:15am On Jan 14, 2016
agbotaen:
1. is igbo an ethnic group? if the ansewer is yes then anioma too can become an ethnic group if we say so , as igbo was crafted with the help of europeans ,just like yoruba and others including my beloved ika ethnic group , and i know this will hurt many igbos .
2. ika people dont have identity crisis it is igbos that are suffering from hallucination of thinking ika is igbo , and may be your people want to build a new empire , when benin empire has even falling .and sokoto caliphate is no more.
please wake up , even during the time of benin empire , it was ika people that were batlling them in most cases .
3. you are making a vague claim , which ika obi is a member of ohazneze ndigbo ? please mention his name and kingdom in ika ? and it shows you are just an igbo man from accross the river niger ,and you are not from delta , because if you are you will know that ndokwa people dont have obi , what they have is okpala-uku,so get that .
4. please igbo people were are you people from ?
igbos claim they are from nri
2. they claim they are from igbo ukwu
3. igbos also claim they are from isreal ,
as an all knowing race ,who can tell ika people where they come from , please where are you from

This man ...you are still here on this ika madness ....well more grease to your elbows that's if you have elbow

Can't you have anything else to do with your life

Igbo this igbo that

Such a shame
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by tonychristopher: 8:18am On Jan 14, 2016
cheruv:

I know Agbontaen...the Bini refugee in agbor who now wants to diktat on how ikas would identify themselves.
I know Ali ika was a land of refuge for felons and people banished from AlaBini and its environs.
Am sure agbontaen is a descendant of such people.. Kos people in ika and ukwuani areas who deny being Igbo are children of such people.Igbos never carried out wars of aggression, so anybody who claims he's not Igbo in those areas came from outside! undecided
You really know him

His madness is legendary
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by tonychristopher: 11:56am On Jan 14, 2016
Preshioux:
@agbotaen...no matter how hard u try to educate some folks here, dey wud just kip bin stupid n insultive..d best way dey can kno d truth is by bin in d midst of ika people n get concrete answers..even wit the language affinity btw yoruba n itshekiri, annang n ibibio, urhobo n isoko, dey remain distinct..i dont kno d argument here..dat d american speaks english doesnt make him an english man..

But America majority of them have English origin just like Aussies
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by tonychristopher: 11:58am On Jan 14, 2016
ezeagu:

You do know there are Igala in Anambra? That the mixed with the people long ago and that there are Igala villages near northern Anambra state?

But they are igbonized
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by tonychristopher: 12:01pm On Jan 14, 2016
agbotaen:
1. my igbo friend , please do not continue in this type of propaganda about civil which occurred in 1966, the ika universal delcaration was in 1930 , when the british counted ika area as benin or part of benin ,when benin chiefs told them ika was founded by benins and part of benin ,so our fathers said they where not part of any known ethnic group in nigeria and that ika was an ethnic group of its own , so it has nothing to do with the civil war.
2. every community and people has the right to decided who they are , and even if the europeans or any body later classified ika as igbo ,we the ika people have the right to say we are not igbos, and that we have done,in delta state , the british initially classified isoko as part of uhrobos , may be because of similarity in language and it took many years but later isoko pulled out and asserted thier isoko as a seperate ethnic group, the point is not what people call you but what do you call your self.
3. no ika person has ever denied that there was igbo migration in to ika area or that some igbo culture existed in ika land ,but it is the igbo people that clearly avoid the fact that ika has a strong benin culture in kingship, way of life, religion, dressing, hair style , system of political culture and ideology and a mix of benin in our language ,but go on saying it is only igbo that founded ika , that is very funny with all the ika people with benin names, and the fact that some parts of ika like ozara and ten other villages and tows speak a language similar to edo or are these villages also igbo ,or should we say they are not ika based on their language,
4. why is it that it is only the igbos that will not let others be and they like claiming any body with their names or certain culture , itsekiri is a mix of yoruba and edo and some of them bear yoruba names, while others bear benin names and their language is a mix of both stroongly yoruba and edo , but they are a different ethnic group and the yorubas are not going on propaganda to say why do the itsekiris not say they are yoruba or the benin saying the same thing, the isoko was merged to uhrobo before but they later pulled out and uhrobo people are not masking noise about it ,and ishan and benin has similarity in language but both are different ethnicities and no noise is made about it by the benins,so why is it difficult for igbo people to know and accept that ika is a seperate ethnic group different from igbo and that majority of ika people will never like to be igbo .
5. currently the people of igbodo kingdom are at logger head with their obi,because he went to marry an ebonyi -igbo woman and the community is saying that an igbo woman cannot give them a heir apparent ,and that he should marry an igbodo woman or an ika or anioma or edo woman ,because that is the tradition in ika land, may be that is a food for thought for many igbo people , please read further on this issue on www.ikaworld.com
igbodo is the most eastern area of ika land and their nearness to predominantly igbo cultural area has influenced their language and way of life and many of the citizen migrated from igboland and they are usually the ikas that say they are igbo and that invariably all ikas are igbo , but this sentiments still persist.
6. the ika people know that they share something with igbo and edo and we can work with these two groups at our advantage ,and it is not by propaganda that the igbos can get ika to work with them ,but by proper understanding of the ika man and respect for his ethnicity that will bring about that , ika people are very sturborn and we can stand our ground , in ancient benin empire it was ika that was always battling benin,and during the british too our fathers went to war against them, and this stand was also proven during the civil war,

A true son of soil known as ugomba will deal with you a Benin refugee in anioma land
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by Mallanta16: 4:31am On May 03, 2016
Don't think you know what you volmiting with your mouth, I'm from igbodo, I see my self as original Igbo man. Not Benin neither Yoruba man. In my language, there's no collaboration of Benin language, my language is Igbo, everything about me is Igbo, please go an trace your identity very well.
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by IkpuMmadu: 7:50am On May 03, 2016
Emeka Esogbue is a very confused man..he bear mor Igbo names like me but I think he is a disgrace
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by IkpuMmadu: 7:50am On May 03, 2016
Mallanta16:
Don't think you know what you volmiting with your mouth, I'm from igbodo, I see my self as original Igbo man. Not Benin neither Yoruba man. In my language, there's no collaboration of Benin language, my language is Igbo, everything about me is Igbo, please go an trace your identity very well.

CHUKWU gozie yi
Re: Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue by IkpuMmadu: 7:52am On May 03, 2016
agbotaen:
1. my igbo friend , please do not continue in this type of propaganda about civil which occurred in 1966, the ika universal delcaration was in 1930 , when the british counted ika area as benin or part of benin ,when benin chiefs told them ika was founded by benins and part of benin ,so our fathers said they where not part of any known ethnic group in nigeria and that ika was an ethnic group of its own , so it has nothing to do with the civil war.
2. every community and people has the right to decided who they are , and even if the europeans or any body later classified ika as igbo ,we the ika people have the right to say we are not igbos, and that we have done,in delta state , the british initially classified isoko as part of uhrobos , may be because of similarity in language and it took many years but later isoko pulled out and asserted thier isoko as a seperate ethnic group, the point is not what people call you but what do you call your self.
3. no ika person has ever denied that there was igbo migration in to ika area or that some igbo culture existed in ika land ,but it is the igbo people that clearly avoid the fact that ika has a strong benin culture in kingship, way of life, religion, dressing, hair style , system of political culture and ideology and a mix of benin in our language ,but go on saying it is only igbo that founded ika , that is very funny with all the ika people with benin names, and the fact that some parts of ika like ozara and ten other villages and tows speak a language similar to edo or are these villages also igbo ,or should we say they are not ika based on their language,
4. why is it that it is only the igbos that will not let others be and they like claiming any body with their names or certain culture , itsekiri is a mix of yoruba and edo and some of them bear yoruba names, while others bear benin names and their language is a mix of both stroongly yoruba and edo , but they are a different ethnic group and the yorubas are not going on propaganda to say why do the itsekiris not say they are yoruba or the benin saying the same thing, the isoko was merged to uhrobo before but they later pulled out and uhrobo people are not masking noise about it ,and ishan and benin has similarity in language but both are different ethnicities and no noise is made about it by the benins,so why is it difficult for igbo people to know and accept that ika is a seperate ethnic group different from igbo and that majority of ika people will never like to be igbo .
5. currently the people of igbodo kingdom are at logger head with their obi,because he went to marry an ebonyi -igbo woman and the community is saying that an igbo woman cannot give them a heir apparent ,and that he should marry an igbodo woman or an ika or anioma or edo woman ,because that is the tradition in ika land, may be that is a food for thought for many igbo people , please read further on this issue on www.ikaworld.com
igbodo is the most eastern area of ika land and their nearness to predominantly igbo cultural area has influenced their language and way of life and many of the citizen migrated from igboland and they are usually the ikas that say they are igbo and that invariably all ikas are igbo , but this sentiments still persist.
6. the ika people know that they share something with igbo and edo and we can work with these two groups at our advantage ,and it is not by propaganda that the igbos can get ika to work with them ,but by proper understanding of the ika man and respect for his ethnicity that will bring about that , ika people are very sturborn and we can stand our ground , in ancient benin empire it was ika that was always battling benin,and during the british too our fathers went to war against them, and this stand was also proven during the civil war,

Oga for years now ...you have been on this Igbo thing.are you this jobless and useless that you don't have any meaningful thing to do with your life than

Who is Igbo or not

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UNFPA Hosts Ooni Ogunwusi And Wuraola In New York. Pics / The Igala-nation As A Prominent Pre-colonial Nigerian Entity. Read This Article / History: Arhuanran -the Giant Warrior Prince Of Benin Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.