Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? (21287 Views)

The Fraud In Slot Limited / Be Careful Of Your Phones And Phone Addiction, See Why / Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by vinzita1(m): 8:13pm On Nov 06, 2012
On my own part I begin to woder about their phone as well, I bought a bb 9800 from slot last three month , it develope a problem , I took it down to slot at ikeja with my receipt, I was informed that the warranty is over that I am to bear the cost of repair of which I agree with the hope that it won't cost more than N3000 to repair, to my suprise , I was informed that the panel is bad and it will cost N30,000 to replace it. Gush! I told the guy to pack it up for me. Two of my friends also experience this kind of issues as well. Pls I imploy slot mgt to look into this issues inother not to ternish their image
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by adieora(f): 8:59pm On Nov 06, 2012
I got a blackberry from slot and it had one contact in it and it wasn't mine and that was a brand new phone or what they made me believe

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by sanandreas(m): 9:34pm On Nov 06, 2012
Jolaone: I bought a Nokia phone from slot, got home and charged it fully. Meanwhile i was convinced by one of the members of staff that i should install anti-virus and in the process of installation , the battery that came with my phone was changed. Now i cannot use the phone for 2days without having to charge it.
i had same problem too with my nokia E5 i bought @ slot
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by erniok(m): 9:41pm On Nov 06, 2012
thanks guys for bringing this to our knowledge.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by adanny01(m): 9:47pm On Nov 06, 2012
I heard many times ppl complaining on Slots phones.

I bought my Samsung Galaxy SII in Slot's Banex plaza office in Abuja. Its still working fine after 6 months. My friend bought a HTC and its doing fine about 8months old nw. Am planning for a sweet android for my wife, but these stories are scaring me.

Moreso, Samsung's shop is close to Slot's in Maitama, could not understand why or how Slot's SII was N68 and Samsung's N79, three months later Slot's SII went back up to N74. I went between those offices 3 times, each time check for defect in Slot's SII but couldnt find 1. I know these outlets of Samsung, LG, Thermacool, etc charge alot for warranty.

I hardly buy from manufacturers recognized shops cos of the price difference, in other words i take risk. I just hope Slot will clear their name soon, cos they are making it affordable for some of us.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by seechris(m): 9:54pm On Nov 06, 2012
Bought a Samsung s2 from slot phone just packed up, barely a month, they have sent to Samsung who claim they don't have the spare parts to repair the phone, now it's 2montha and still counting.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by nairaman66(m): 11:57pm On Nov 06, 2012
I purchased a phone [Samsung Chat 322] as a gift sometimes in January & haven't heard any issues regarding it from the user.
Never the less, I've heard from the grapevine that ,SLOT sells off refurbished phones as new& is involved is several underhand deals on high end phones embarassed embarassed

Bring Second Hand Moni, get Second Hand Phone.. Shekinah!
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Exponental(m): 6:50am On Nov 07, 2012
Bought a fone @ vi branch. Anti virus was installed on it, yet, it packed up d 6th month
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Amack(m): 8:06am On Nov 07, 2012
The nokia lumia800 I bought from slot dey hang.this is the third times they have change the phone for me but the phone still they hang. But the one my friend buys from london no dey hang.slot na rubbish.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Amack(m): 8:40am On Nov 07, 2012
Bold 5 for london is over 95k, for slot na 75k.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by anintia(m): 9:20am On Nov 07, 2012
hmmm, the slot experience! Its really stressful you know, getting out of your home just to get a phone is really annoying and the worst part is you dont get a parking space. argh , but come to think of it, why trouble when you can actually buy the same phones at even cheaper prices online and get it delivered to you at your doorstep. Not being sentimental here, but try [url]Jumia[/url]

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Youngsage: 10:40am On Nov 07, 2012
#just passing...
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nkemika(f): 11:37am On Nov 07, 2012
eastman11:

Some people come to this forum to vomit all kind of rubbish just to settle personal scores or to run down people and their businesses. You have used a phone for a couple of weeks and wants them to change it to a new one without any proof that you bought it from them. Again some of us do not know how to use gadgets, some people give their phones to their children for them to play with hoping that Slot will give them new one once it's damaged.

Slot is the largest phone seller in this country and what made them big is because they sell genuine products. In the past 2yrs i have bought about 10 smart phone from them mostly as gift to others and for my personal use and i have no complain. If a phone worked properly for one month before having issues then look inwards you may have misused the phone and caused the fault.

No de come hia de yan trash.

na u get ur mouth oh, i get am before no be property, just because they are the largest seller does not give them right to sell the largest fake product oh, shei u hear, we want consistency so that we can trust them, just because shit never happen to you does not mean it can not happen to u another day, all i am saying is for them to wake up incase they have started doing naija element like idumota boys ehh, and for ur information, the phone was not misused, happy for you that u got 10 phones and no complaint, perhaps u gave them out as gift, and the receivers must av encountered one problem or the other, since it was a gift, do u expect them to complain to u, u dey hear they talk trash, say wat u know and let those with bitter experience express themselves jorrr, freedom of speech. what u dont know is that once certain people make name for themselves, they tend to use the opportunity to manipulate and defraud people believing that they already have customers that will come, all i am saying is for them to wake up from their slumber if not a greater competitor will emerge and will start to do what they have neglected................Nothing in this life is permanent!!
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nkemika(f): 11:47am On Nov 07, 2012
Amack: Bold 5 for london is over 95k, for slot na 75k.

well the black is 75k in slot but the white is 86k
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 07, 2012
ochukoccna: I purchased a phone [Samsung Chat 322] as a gift sometimes in January & haven't heard any issues regarding it from the user.
Never the less, I've heard from the grapevine that ,SLOT sells off refurbished phones as new& is involved is several underhand deals on high end phones embarassed embarassed

Nice thread,it shud warn those who r yet to fall victim. Hia is my story; bought an iPad3 (64gb) from Slot on 20th Oct. 2012,dt is less dan 3 weeks ago. Got it for N130k (also bought a white Bold 6 same day),to my dismay abt a week after I discovered dt d iPad has bin pre-configured wit a username (chistanley85@yahoo.com) whose password I don't av,and so I av not bin able to update apps on d iPad. This probably means I was sold a used iPad for d price of new. I intend to get bak to dem physically dis weekend,d issue is I move ard a lot; in dt tym since I bought d iPad,I av driven frm Ibadan-Sokoto (at nite), Sokoto-Abuja, Abuja-Sokoto (at nite),and den Sokoto-Ibadan (arrived Ibdan at abt 4:45am dis Monday). Once I get some free tym later dis week I wud return to Slot.
One tin I av learnt in al dis is NEVER to buy any piece of valuable electronics frm Naija again.
Had a similar experience wit a 40inches Samsung LED I bought in Abuja last March

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by babatundebanks: 12:00pm On Nov 07, 2012
it is very true. slot is not a very good place to buy phone again. i bought a bold 5 blackberry from them at ikeja branch only to discover that i always have one complaint or the other every other month. finally they said the phone's panel is bad! i really dont know what to do to slot. My God will surely judge. shikena!!!
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by legendprac(m): 12:01pm On Nov 07, 2012
I bought an ipad3 frm slot,ikeja... So far, no problem wit d machine so far... But, one boy dat works dia collected 7k frm d guy I sent to buy it for me, all in d name of installing applications, I spoke with him tru d guy's fon dat went to buy it for me and asked him if d apple account he is using for d installation is his and if I can use it to install some other tins until I create my own account, he said yes... Wen d ipad got to me, I couldn't use d account to do anytin, I had to send an email to kelvin.iyogun@gmail.com (d email of d apple account he used) only for d owner to tell me dat he didn't authorize him to use his account,but that he works wit slot too...
I later sent back d guy who bought the fon to slot,ikeja to @least get d identity of d 'scammer' so dat I can @least report him to d mgt, but he was no where to be seen...
This is d 1st time I A̶̲̥̅♏ buying from slot and I A̶̲̥̅♏ so disappointed in them.. How can dey allow their staff to scam their unsuspecting customers?
I don't K№ω if d mgt of d company is in d K№ω abt these kinds of rackets, but it's gonna tarnish the image dey have built over the years....

As for me, I have created my own apple account since thy kindgom came(didn't K№ω it was as easy as ABC,cuz d scammer told me it wasn't) and life goes on...
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by legendprac(m): 12:03pm On Nov 07, 2012
Frankie9ice:

Nice thread,it shud warn those who r yet to fall victim. Hia is my story; bought an iPad3 (64gb) from Slot on 20th Oct. 2012,dt is less dan 3 weeks ago. Got it for N130k (also bought a white Bold 6 same day),to my dismay abt a week after I discovered dt d iPad has bin pre-configured wit a username (chistanley85@yahoo.com) whose password I don't av,and so I av not bin able to update apps on d iPad. This probably means I was sold a used iPad for d price of new. I intend to get bak to dem physically dis weekend,d issue is I move ard a lot; in dt tym since I bought d iPad,I av driven frm Ibadan-Sokoto (at nite), Sokoto-Abuja, Abuja-Sokoto (at nite),and den Sokoto-Ibadan (arrived Ibdan at abt 4:45am dis Monday). Once I get some free tym later dis week I wud return to Slot.
One tin I av learnt in al dis is NEVER to buy any piece of valuable electronics frm Naija again.
Had a similar experience wit a 40inches Samsung LED I bought in Abuja last March

Maybe, same happened to me and dey covered it up wit d racket I talked abt in my previous post.....so disappointing
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by samir101ng(m): 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2012
I only buy Blackberry Phones & Devices from Slot Nigeria. They are a RIM Blackberry Distributor and therefore sell original phones & accessories. The Regional Managing Director of RIM for the Middle East and Africa Robert Bose was the one that launched their store. Therefore, any Blackberry device sold their is under warranty and genuine.

http://crackberry.com/rim-open-new-blackberry-retail-store-nigeria

However, this is Nigeria. I can only infer that the staff of SLOT are the ones doing all the shady deals without the knowledge of their management. Asking people to pay for OS upgrades, charging customers for downloading apps etc are all illegal and not recognized by RIM. Read the article i posted & see the services they are supposed to offer. Most are usually free. Only Nigerian staff can defraud their management and get away with it. Most airline staff do this by telling customers that there is no ticket. However, they now come back and ask for N3000-N5000 and make it look they are doing you a special favour by booking your ticket. When you board the flight and look around you, lo & behold you find half the plane empty. angry angry They make the airline to lose a lot of customers and create a bad reputation & image to its customers. This i believe is what is exactly going on at Slot. Their management needs to seriously wake up and oversee their daily operations.

For the consumers, don't hesitate to write an e-mail to RIM detailing your experiences. At Slot Phones, ask to speak to a senior staff when you have any complaints and stand your ground. Its no use complaining when you don't back it up with action. Good luck.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nkemika(f): 2:36pm On Nov 07, 2012
samir101ng: I only buy Blackberry Phones & Devices from Slot Nigeria. They are a RIM Blackberry Distributor and therefore sell original phones & accessories. The Regional Managing Director of RIM for the Middle East and Africa Robert Bose was the one that launched their store. Therefore, any Blackberry device sold their is under warranty and genuine.

http://crackberry.com/rim-open-new-blackberry-retail-store-nigeria

However, this is Nigeria. I can only infer that the staff of SLOT are the ones doing all the shady deals without the knowledge of their management. Asking people to pay for OS upgrades, charging customers for downloading apps etc are all illegal and not recognized by RIM. Read the article i posted & see the services they are supposed to offer. Most are usually free. Only Nigerian staff can defraud their management and get away with it. Most airline staff do this by telling customers that there is no ticket. However, they now come back and ask for N3000-N5000 and make it look they are doing you a special favour by booking your ticket. When you board the flight and look around you, lo & behold you find half the plane empty. angry angry They make the airline to lose a lot of customers and create a bad reputation & image to its customers. This i believe is what is exactly going on at Slot. Their management needs to seriously wake up and oversee their daily operations.

For the consumers, don't hesitate to write an e-mail to RIM detailing your experiences. At Slot Phones, ask to speak to a senior staff when you have any complaints and stand your ground. Its no use complaining when you don't back it up with action. Good luck.

nice point you have there, since one can not get across to the management, i advise anyone that know someone that know anyone should kindly pass the complaint since their customer care is not effective enough to do so........The way those guys in ikeja shine eyes ehhh, i fear them, that why i decided to buy from v.island, forgetting that they are same sad , dnt we all love to purchase phone from slot but seems like something fishy is going on there these days ohhhhhh
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by miksonics(m): 4:22pm On Nov 07, 2012
Why is every body ranting about SLOT,you buy a blackberry, made by blackberry, and it turns out faulty after a specific period,who's fault.SLOT is reseller agent,their job is to sell what the manufacurers advertise to you in whatever medium,if their product fail,what have that got to do with SLOT,if you buy a BLACKBERRY AND THE COMPANY DONT HAVE AFTER MARKET SERVICE WHY BOTHER TO BUY THEIR PRODUCT,in time past nokia have the same problem and they opened service centre to cater for their product,HP open service center to cater for their product,sony at flying dove apapa did the same,toyota,KIA and countless other company,SLOT was not trained to run service center and hence does not have power to give warranty or guarantee.

You would fault SLOT if the product purchased is fake,and 2 the manufacturer is the only body capable of knowing if a fault is factory fault or customer abuse.You buy a phone and rain falls,some droplet of water gets into the phone and it spoils gradually, since water is a weak electrolyte,it causes small compound of salt to form on the phone circiut thus damaging the phone later on,the unknowledgeable customer start ranting about bad product sold to them.

Even a car bought brand new have its warranty removed if flooding for instance takes place.Power flucuation causes electronics to get bad,over charging causes phones to get back causing damage to the battery which get swollen up and sometimes the power supply of the phone circuit,fake power borrowed from friend and co could also damege a phone,manufacturer tells you use original nokia,bb charges only,you ignore the warning and the device fails who is to blame.

This thread should be removed from front page,its spoiling someones business.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by samir101ng(m): 5:09pm On Nov 07, 2012
miksonics: Why is every body ranting about SLOT,you buy a blackberry, made by blackberry, and it turns out faulty after a specific period,who's fault.SLOT is reseller agent,their job is to sell what the manufacurers advertise to you in whatever medium,if their product fail,what have that got to do with SLOT,if you buy a BLACKBERRY AND THE COMPANY DONT HAVE AFTER MARKET SERVICE WHY BOTHER TO BUY THEIR PRODUCT,in time past nokia have the same problem and they opened service centre to cater for their product,HP open service center to cater for their product,sony at flying dove apapa did the same,toyota,KIA and countless other company,SLOT was not trained to run service center and hence does not have power to give warranty or guarantee.

You would fault SLOT if the product purchased is fake,and 2 the manufacturer is the only body capable of knowing if a fault is factory fault or customer abuse.You buy a phone and rain falls,some droplet of water gets into the phone and it spoils gradually, since water is a weak electrolyte,it causes small compound of salt to form on the phone circiut thus damaging the phone later on,the unknowledgeable customer start ranting about bad product sold to them.

Even a car bought brand new have its warranty removed if flooding for instance takes place.Power flucuation causes electronics to get bad,over charging causes phones to get back causing damage to the battery which get swollen up and sometimes the power supply of the phone circuit,fake power borrowed from friend and co could also damege a phone,manufacturer tells you use original nokia,bb charges only,you ignore the warning and the device fails who is to blame.

This thread should be removed from front page,its spoiling someones business.

First & foremost, by agreeing to be a retailer and distributor of Blackberry devices in Nigeria, SLOT has taken upon itself the responsibility as acting as an agent to RIM here in Nigeria. No any phone company that i know of has gotten the level of recognition or status from RIM that SLOT has.

Secondly, nobody is trying to trash SLOT here but there is a glaring trend of substandard products and Shoddy practices going on at SLOT. Please read through the earlier link i posted earlier and read through the services that their partnership with RIM has made them to offer. Therefore they are supposed to sell devices covered under warranty and offer repairs or replacements to defective units. As long as a product is under warranty, SLOT as an agent of RIM is obligated to honor it. It's just that their staff and management (still unknown if they know) are not living up to their responsibilities. Try that in other civilized countries and RIM will quickly terminate their partnership agreements.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 07, 2012
Nkemika:

nice point you have there, since one can not get across to the management, i advise anyone that know someone that know anyone should kindly pass the complaint since their customer care is not effective enough to do so........The way those guys in ikeja shine eyes ehhh, i fear them, that why i decided to buy from v.island, forgetting that they are same sad , dnt we all love to purchase phone from slot but seems like something fishy is going on there these days ohhhhhh

I shud be in slot 2morrow afternoon of Friday morning latest,....I will get back to you guys on the encounter. But dis one thing I can,....I don't take shit from anyone dts why am self-employed.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 08, 2012
...am in slot at the moment,already spent abt 15min here and am still being treated as shit
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 08, 2012
adieora: I got a blackberry from slot and it had one contact in it and it wasn't mine and that was a brand new phone or what they made me believe
grin ;DLWKMD grin grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 11, 2012
Slot is already OVER FED.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nkemika(f): 9:05am On Nov 12, 2012
silence is a crime.................obviously not the only one who feels cheated.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nkemika(f): 9:07am On Nov 12, 2012
i finally picked my phone and it is more shocking to notice i was given a different pin but same body of phone(cuz i had a lipstick touch on it), okay how does that work sad , sick and tired of slot, obviously they are over fed and they really dnt care about you and i, anyway lesson learnt and won't purchase phone from them anymore nor advice anyone to......smh
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Mustay(m): 10:04am On Nov 12, 2012
Nkemika: iokay how does that work sad ,

Your phone case is just plastic or warreva - it's a simple thing changing it. The engine of the phone has been changed - the reason you have another pin. It's another phone in reality.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 5:53am On Nov 13, 2012
samir101ng:

First & foremost, by agreeing to be a retailer and distributor of Blackberry devices in Nigeria, SLOT has taken upon itself the responsibility as acting as an agent to RIM here in Nigeria. No any phone company that i know of has gotten the level of recognition or status from RIM that SLOT has.

Secondly, nobody is trying to trash SLOT here but there is a glaring trend of substandard products and Shoddy practices going on at SLOT. Please read through the earlier link i posted earlier and read through the services that their partnership with RIM has made them to offer. Therefore they are supposed to sell devices covered under warranty and offer repairs or replacements to defective units. As long as a product is under warranty, SLOT as an agent of RIM is obligated to honor it. It's just that their staff and management (still unknown if they know) are not living up to their responsibilities. Try that in other civilized countries and RIM will quickly terminate their partnership agreements.

...Very intelligent talk guy.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 6:18am On Nov 13, 2012
Nkemika: i finally picked my phone and it is more shocking to notice i was given a different pin but same body of phone(cuz i had a lipstick touch on it), okay how does that work sad , sick and tired of slot, obviously they are over fed and they really dnt care about you and i, anyway lesson learnt and won't purchase phone from them anymore nor advice anyone to......smh

D truth is Naija is one massive rip-off enterprise,everything here is a complete rip-off starting wit the Govt. If u av d cash,walk across d bother into Cotonou and buy a brand new phone,same day buy d same phone frm d most reputable (used to be Slot) dealer in Naija,d difference in d quality of both phones wud shock u. Once bought a Nokia E63 frm Slot (March 2011) for N30k,...it didn't cum wit a USB cable!!! My mum was in Kenya sometime last year & bought a Samsung phone dt is sold hia for lyk N16k (hers came wit a USB cable,d same phone which my wife bought hia didn't av one!). With yor cash,yor best bet is to shop outside d shores of Naija (perhaps online),anything Naija is a complete rip-off
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Bobajo(m): 9:26am On Nov 13, 2012
Praise God halleluyah... Slot finally gave me another Curve 4 last week, 6 and half months after the last one went bad. The truth is i will go to court faster the next time. It is the height of 'aifinipeni/aibikita' to sell something bad and not replace it or refund the purchase price until after 6 months. We must put a stop to this kind of trashy service in Nigeria.

Bobajo: SLOT is totally useless actually. I bought a Curve 4 in May 2012. It stopped working after 7 days. 6 and half month down the line, all i hear is triple bullshit. I even reported the matter at the V/I outlet cos thats meant to be HQ or something. The main guy there made calls tire. For where. I have asked the contact guy at the Igbo Efon shop if what i am being told is 'you have dashed SLOT N46,500', the guy just keeps quiet. It is the most annoying thing. I have instructed a lawyer to write them. I am gonna sue them for selling phones that are not fit for the purpose. It doesnt matter how long it takes, i will pursue the court case.

Thinking about it is even raising my BP again. Bare faced robbery and Bare faced robbers. Total rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Ways Excessive Use Of Smartphones Can Kill Us / Using Torch On E71 / Tecno Phantom A2 And A+: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.