Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,838 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Send Free Messages: MTN To MTN - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Send Free Messages: MTN To MTN (5544 Views)

CPC Orders MTN To Pay 1.85m Naira To Promo Winner / HOT!!! How To Get Unlimited Free Credit To Make Mtn To Mtn Calls Easily / NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Send Free Messages: MTN To MTN by ncpat(m): 1:04pm On Apr 19, 2006
Do you know you can send free text messages from MTN to MTN?
Re: Send Free Messages: MTN To MTN by wande(m): 3:41pm On Apr 19, 2006
how is it possible?
Re: Send Free Messages: MTN To MTN by ncpat(m): 5:32pm On Apr 19, 2006
ok, it all started like this that I don`t have credit in my phone to even flash and I needed to get in touch with a friend of mine, I then remember that my phone is mms enable and that of my friend is mms enable too, so I just type  a text and send it through the mms medium and it worked,my friend received it and call me immediatelly and ever since then I have been sending messages to my friends with mms enable phone and is free,try to configure your mms enable phone and your friends` own to share the fun why it last.see yeah.
Re: Send Free Messages: MTN To MTN by Bossman(m): 6:02pm On Apr 19, 2006
It's called "text via GPRS". It's a loophole that used to work here with tmobile too. Worked for a long time too! They have blocked it now though. It will only work with GPRS/MMS capable phone. The setting varies by phone. But under your message settings, for example on my V551, there is an option to "use GPRS", currently it should be "No", Change it to "Yes". Eventually they will find out and block it.
Re: Send Free Messages: MTN To MTN by freddie1(m): 7:53pm On Apr 19, 2006
This is pretty good info. Let them not discover and block this on time!
Re: Send Free Messages: MTN To MTN by iginla(m): 7:23am On Apr 20, 2006
To all concerned
The use of GPRS medium to send messages would not be attractive as MTN is set to commence billing for its GPRS service so the issue of "they" getting to know this has taken care of it self and besides not all phone are GPRS compatible so all your friends might actually not be receive those text.
Re: Send Free Messages: MTN To MTN by Bossman(m): 10:50am On Apr 20, 2006
I would just like to add that it does not matter if the recipient has a GPRS phone or not. You are not sending MMS. You are just using the "GPRS medium" as a means to send a txt message. Of course, it's not all phones that can do this, so it may not work on some phones.
Re: Send Free Messages: MTN To MTN by kennys: 12:58pm On Apr 20, 2006
hi ucpat,thanks for the information,but i have a little problem here with my phone,the problem is how can i activate the MMS on my phone.Do i need to call the help center of my service provider before it will be activated?The model of my phone is Sendo x.i will be glad hearing from you.
Re: Send Free Messages: MTN To MTN by legovo(m): 12:11am On Apr 21, 2006
For MTN,
type text > SETTINGS
send to > 3888

d settings would be sent to your phone, while u're to save, then start using it.
any additional ,
Contact me , justgovo@yahoo.com

for i'm using my Sendo X 4 this message !
Re: Send Free Messages: MTN To MTN by ncpat(m): 2:09pm On Jun 25, 2006
hi guys, i found out new application for sending email for less than 5 naira on your mobile phone,it is call mobilemail and send and shoot application,installed it and send e-mail to anyone in the world and it will cost you less than 5 naira and you can download it on www.getjar.com i`m using motorola razr v3 with mtn line.
Re: Send Free Messages: MTN To MTN by bqueen: 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2006
Nice,i need the setting too i use nokia 6103
last tyme i tried to send mms to my sister who uses nokia 6101 she cldnt get it
Re: Send Free Messages: MTN To MTN by Neoteny(m): 8:18pm On Nov 21, 2006
@bossman
i think you slightly misunderstood. MTN gives 10 free mms per month through the extracool option, meaning each month you get to send 10 free mms. now what some people do (myself inclusive) is to type a message as long as you want and send it raw without adding multimedia content. in effect what you're sending is an MMS, not an SMS. the option of sending sms via gprs is different from what we're talking about here. other times we record our voices and send them off via mms and the recipient does the same sort of like Push To Talk.
Re: Send Free Messages: MTN To MTN by Omichls(m): 7:42pm On Nov 05, 2010
I have a fairly used E71 for sale with free internet browsing for 24k call 08064383854

(1) (Reply)

Tecno M5(my Personal Review / 17 Funny But Thought-provoking Images Of How Smartphones Take Over Our Lives / (help) Gprs Settings For My Samsung Sgh-i607

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.