Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,357 members, 7,808,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Please What's The Name Of This Leaf In Any Of Nigeria Language -. GOLDENSEAL. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please What's The Name Of This Leaf In Any Of Nigeria Language -. GOLDENSEAL. (13359 Views)

Who Knows This Leaf? / Cancer Treatment With Soursop Leaf (latest Invention) / The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please What's The Name Of This Leaf In Any Of Nigeria Language -. GOLDENSEAL. by lannre(m): 5:45pm On Nov 06, 2012
Thanks. Kindly tellme the name of the leaf "goldenseal " in any of Nigeria language. Thanks. pin:502B33A2

Re: Please What's The Name Of This Leaf In Any Of Nigeria Language -. GOLDENSEAL. by siddiq202(m): 6:13pm On Nov 06, 2012
that should be "ewe padimo" in Yoruba language...I'm not sure though
Re: Please What's The Name Of This Leaf In Any Of Nigeria Language -. GOLDENSEAL. by Jcurtis: 1:35am On Aug 09, 2013
Golden Seal has a root,the root has more use than the leaf.Hence to identify this leaf,first identify the root.Golden seal,is from the ginger family.Americans call it golden seal,but native Americans have a different name for it.One of the popular name is Indian Turmeric.Yep!So,when you call it Golden Seal it becomes a mysterious plant.Call it,turmeric then,we get the picture clearly.I was able to figure it out by reading up on,saw a schematic diagram of the plant and its yellow root under the soil.I kept studying the root and slowly, I remembered it.When they started describing it as yellow root,the only plant my mind fell on was yellow ginger.And I was right.

Locally, It s a kind of yellow ginger.In Yoruba,the leaf you are talking about produces the type of ginger root,they call:AGIO.AGIO Is yellow and will color anything it comes in contact with!Trust me,it is Turmeric powder when grounded and popular among Indians and American Indians.

Hence, don't look at the leaf to know the leaf.Instead look at its fruit, the root to identify the leaf!

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For January 30 2021 In Nigeria / Super Wate-on Emulsion For Ectomorphic Metabolisam / How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.