Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Multiple Children? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Multiple Children? (3280 Views)

Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? / Nigerian Parents Give Birth To White Baby (Photos) / Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Multiple Children? by engrtee(f): 1:35pm On Nov 07, 2012
I noticd dat majority of fathers whose wife give birth to quadruplet, triplet or quintruplet are from poor homes.

Just naw, i read haw a mechanic absconded after his wife waz confirmd pregnant for triplet.

Y do d rich hav just one child durin pregnancy.is there medical or health reasn for this?
Re: Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Multiple Children? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 07, 2012
Google is your friend, i suggest you spend time with him........as anyone knows that most people who have multiple children is NOT by choice. you only decided to focus on the ones that are making headlines, while forgetting that many poor AND rich families have multiple children and you may never hear of them because they are happy with what they got.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Multiple Children? by k2039: 2:45pm On Nov 07, 2012
I dont think this is true,I dont think people have the choice to choose the number of kids that will be coming out of his wifes womb when she is pregnant unless a scan is done.

The only reason why the news is obvious with the poor is because they dont have enough to cater for multiple children at onece.
The rich man does not necessarily have to scream about this,he has the money to cater for his'.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Multiple Children? by UjSizzle(f): 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2012
Having constant sex is like a getaway from their poverty stricken lives, about the only thing they've got in common with the rich folks smiley. I think Thomas Malthus had something to say about this...Google him.
Re: Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Multiple Children? by LongOne1(m): 4:03pm On Nov 07, 2012
My white colleague at work just had the ‘snip’ performed because of having too many kids. It’s a male sterilization procedure where the s.perm is prevented from entering the se.men. (Think the supply pipe is cut and tied or some evil ish like that grin)

To answer your question, it happens to the rich and poor alike. The person in question has about 5 kids, and he confessed to always ‘getting busy’ with the wife…don’t think he plans to stop anytime soon.
Re: Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Multiple Children? by victorian(f): 7:56pm On Nov 07, 2012
I guess because poor people are more intimate sexually than the rich, it makes them forget sorrows, maybe..i guess so undecided and for the rich folks, the man or the wife or even both hardly have time to be intimate often due to presures in sustaining their wealth, pressures going on in their buisness empires, could make one absentminded on issues like sex or lovemaking, until the urge comes strongly, then they do it to ease of ... or do it with lovers out of their homes, cause they can afford to get a sexmate, anywhere, anytime...even in d office... well, at the end of it all. God knows best.
Re: Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Multiple Children? by Kobojunkie: 10:06pm On Nov 07, 2012
uj_sizzle: Having constant sex is like a getaway from their poverty stricken lives, about the only thing they've got in common with the rich folks smiley. I think Thomas Malthus had something to say about this...Google him.

Birth control is everywhere these days . . even in developing nations so it is not a good excuse to say that having sex is a 'getaway'. Yes, sex is great but it is not a good enough reason for even a slowpoke to produce more children than one can take care of.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Multiple Children? by SpcAgtOko: 7:42am On Dec 10, 2013
I don't think the OP is talking about multiple single pregnancies... I agree with k2039s response tho..
Re: Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Multiple Children? by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 10, 2013
I think it has to do with education, the more educated you are the more informed you are about better family planning procedures. You know what you want and understand the risks attached to it. An illiterate doesn't have this options and even if they hear about it they are hooked to tradition and culture and it's difficult to accept those changes.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Multiple Children? by Jiganakala: 5:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
Rich men are always on one thing or the other trying to raise more money and other stuff. Daily activities of rich men take their time. This, couple with their level of education and exposure helps them to plan consciously and unconsciously plan their life style including sexual relationship with their partners. Poor ones on the other hand are more often than not idle given the type of job they are mostly into - artisanship. Some even works in the same house or in the neighbourhood so they always have opportunities to go home every now and then for one reason or the other. given that their wives are mostly local traders, tailor, moin mon seller and so, whenever the man goes home for anything, there is always a possibility of meeting the wife. That's why they breed many children and the age gap between the children are always small

Just my thought grin
Re: Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Multiple Children? by swiftycool(m): 10:27am On Dec 12, 2013
Probably because most poor people can't afford gadgets to use in passing time or fun, hence the free time they get which is quite much is spent in the bedroom. Rich ones on the other hand are often busy looking for more money and when at home have a variety of hobbies to pass time with especially in these days of hi tech video and music gadgs, ipads, laptop, internet, cinemas, gyms etc. so many of them and less time spent in bed
Re: Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Multiple Children? by sholay2011(m): 11:36pm On Dec 12, 2013
Lmao @ thread title. grin grin
Re: Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Multiple Children? by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 13, 2013
Actually, This is the major reason why the poverty rate keeps increasing in Nigeria (despite all efforts).
The middle class and the rich that you would expect to have many kids will give birth to one or two child(ren), send them to good schools.....then they become someone in life.

then the lower class that you would expect that they give birth to just one child that they'll spend their entire life savings on so that their lineage will finally 'upgrade'. But NO, they are the ones that will give birth to 12-15 children who will become nuisance to the society. Funny enough; there's no excuse cos no family in Nigeria will claim they don't know about family planning (with the way they shout it).....and it is free too! But my poverty ridden Nigerians must attach one sentiment or the other to family planning.

Now tell me, when the rich/middle class give birth at an 'arithmetic' rate while the lower class give birth at a 'geometrical' rate, why will poverty rate not increase? And why won't the rich continue to get richer while the poor gets poorer? sad sad sad sad sad. It's just a pity!

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Multiple Children? by bloglover(m): 8:26am On Dec 13, 2013
Poor people give birth to multiple children cos dats all they do, as in dats dier daily target/job. The rich man on d other hand, actually has a real job dat makes him rich!!
Re: Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Multiple Children? by danaz(m): 6:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
There is no relationship btwn multiple gestation n socioeconomic class.

It appears otherwise to u cos many a poor person wt multiple gestation make headlines cos of their economic situation
Re: Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Multiple Children? by greatestluv4all: 10:04am On Dec 16, 2013
danaz: There is no relationship btwn multiple gestation n socioeconomic class.

It appears otherwise to u cos many a poor person wt multiple gestation make headlines cos of their economic situation

I concur.
Re: Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Multiple Children? by Temismith(f): 5:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
Becos dey need a helping hand on d farm. grin
Re: Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Multiple Children? by baralatie(m): 3:09pm On Dec 29, 2013
Coz the av s£x witout stop.
Re: Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Multiple Children? by EfemenaXY: 3:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
engrtee: I noticd dat majority of fathers whose wife give birth to quadruplet, triplet or quintruplet are from poor homes.

Just naw, i read haw a mechanic absconded after his wife waz confirmd pregnant for triplet.

Y do d rich hav just one child durin pregnancy.is there medical or health reasn for this?

So just because you 'noticed' a few things in your hood, you assume the poor give birth to multiple kids?

How do you define 'poorness'?
Re: Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Multiple Children? by baralatie(m): 3:52pm On Dec 29, 2013
I actualy read about the pattern of couples sexuality betwen low income and mid clas.
Their findings were enriching!

(1) (Reply)

He Wants To Marry An Orphan ?? / What Do I Do My Aunts Are Against My Marriage To My Fiance / Help! My Wife Cannot Dissociate Herself From Her Ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.