Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate (11124 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Girl Bags First Class From A UK University / 10 Year Old Nigerian Girl Accepted In Uk University To Study Maths Degree / Nigerian Emerges Best Student In Ghanaian University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by omicron(m): 7:34am On Nov 08, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

“I believe Nigeria is a blessed nation. We are going through a lot at the moment but I believe in redemption. I do hope our parents and grandparents can rest and give us the future leaders a chance to restore hope to our nation.

http://tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/youth-achiever/9008-nana-21-year-old-nigerian-emerges-university-of-kents-most-outstanding-graduating-student.html
If only Nigerians youth can set Ethnicity aside for once and aspire together for our common greatness...
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by carzola(m): 7:35am On Nov 08, 2012
dat gurl luks 30 nd dos white guys luk asian, any way how dos dis change d price of akara nd bread
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by Iaz93: 7:36am On Nov 08, 2012
Great. . .Nana... Brainz + beauty = hmmm!
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by Sashd: 7:37am On Nov 08, 2012
1 goodnews
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by Sunchris: 7:40am On Nov 08, 2012
Nigerians are intelligent. We are smart and confident... Congrats babe!
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by solbil: 7:42am On Nov 08, 2012
i wonder why asking about someones ethnicity makes som people feel like there is ethnocentrism and xenophobia in the air. Perhaps, these people have lost touch with african culture.

In africa, our being able to identify with our ethnic group, culture and family is a statement that we are not just anyone, but a true son of the soil. So when i ask you where you are from, i am not asking to know just how to treat you, but i just want to identify you down to your root.

1 Like

Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by landmatters: 7:46am On Nov 08, 2012
Observation!This lady is too beautiful to be brilliant...Strange but true...Proud Nigeria!
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by adejama: 7:48am On Nov 08, 2012
Dis is an epitome of beauty n brain, an example to all dis lazy ones we have around here in Nigeria, go girl! Its ur turn, wnt mind to have her as mine though!
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by Sunchris: 7:50am On Nov 08, 2012
carzola: dat gurl luks 30 nd dos white guys luk asian, any way how dos dis change d price of akara nd bread
The sweet memory of akara and bread will never cease to flow in the membrane of people like you. Ghetto man!
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by ogochukwunasa1: 7:51am On Nov 08, 2012
ekt_bear: What is her ethnicity? Hard for me to identify it by her name or state of birth.

bigot
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by PhysicsQED(m): 7:53am On Nov 08, 2012
ekt_bear: What is her ethnicity? Hard for me to identify it by her name or state of birth.

Not that it really matters, but I think she's from an ethnic group called the Margi (Marghi), that can be found in southern Borno and part of Adamawa.

The "evidence" I used to reach this conclusion is rather tenuous though and the reasoning behind this conclusion is not particularly solid, but it's my best guess.

Anyway, congratulations to her.

2 Likes

Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by ektbear: 7:59am On Nov 08, 2012
Interesting, I've never heard of that ethnic group before.

I googled around a bit, saw some Adamawa connections, but didn't realize that she is from an ethnic group that exists in both states.
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by ektbear: 8:06am On Nov 08, 2012
solbil: i wonder why asking about someones ethnicity makes som people feel like there is ethnocentrism and xenophobia in the air. Perhaps, these people have lost touch with african culture.

In africa, our being able to identify with our ethnic group, culture and family is a statement that we are not just anyone, but a true son of the soil. So when i ask you where you are from, i am not asking to know just how to treat you, but i just want to identify you down to your root.

Likely some combination of faux political correctness, lack of curiosity and general brainlessness.

I'll inquire about where Yoruba, Indian or white friends of mine are from, talk less of a Nigerian with a Ghanaian-sounding name

1 Like

Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by Dygeasy(m): 8:07am On Nov 08, 2012
abdulkayus: Hey, all of u making noise askin abt her ethnicity, she is frm Borno state bt school in kaduna, born and bred in northern Nigeria. I knw some peeps could hav wish its otherwise, hahahahahaha, every region in 9ja all got both d good and d bad ones, so shove ur sentiments into ur ass.

Am nt suprise cos Northern gals are always good in maths and medicine.

Congrat gal for makin 9ja proud. Na dis kind gal i dey lyk to marry so dat my children will be all brilliant too, combinin d brilliant of their father and mother.
brilliance

i can see the brilliant indeed...lool
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by olusola200: 8:12am On Nov 08, 2012
I AM NOT SURPRISE WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM OUR POPULATION THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY.THE BEST IS YET TO COME.
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by younglad007(m): 8:13am On Nov 08, 2012
This news just made me proud of being a nigerian.Good one girl
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 08, 2012
I trust our pot-belly professors..they will try to fall her...Nigeria need God intervention

For the girl,i call that determination..watch out fpr the best student in the world with 5.0 cgpa at the end...still maintaining mine..

Nigeria get a lot of treasures but due to lobbying before getting admission then the dream is been cut off...how i wish i could leave Nigeria cause it some other people dream
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by Standing5(m): 8:24am On Nov 08, 2012
Well, the name sounds Itsekiri in a way, especially the Nana part.

1 Like

Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by abdulkayus(m): 8:26am On Nov 08, 2012
Dygeasy: brilliance

i can see the brilliant indeed...lool

mr ITK, nobody is above is mistake

1 Like

Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by aminho(m): 8:28am On Nov 08, 2012
ekt_bear: I'm always curious about ethnicity.

I don't know if she is Kanuri, or from one of those other ethnic groups in Borno (or elsewhere in the north).

If you don't know the answer to the question and are not interested in such things, then kindly ignore my post...the post isn't for your consumption anyways.
she is babur bura
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by ektbear: 8:36am On Nov 08, 2012
aminho: she is babur bura

Why do you say this? Is her last name Bura? I'm not saying I disbelieve you btw, just curious about your reasoning.
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by ibhena(m): 8:37am On Nov 08, 2012
She is obviously from the Marghi speaking part of Borno State, one of the many minority tribes in the state known for academic excellence!
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by soicyboi1(m): 8:37am On Nov 08, 2012
....went to the same sec skul buh still remained a dumb niqqa.........kudos to her though....ain't an easy fit mehn...
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by ektbear: 8:39am On Nov 08, 2012
ibhena:
She is obviously from the Marghi speaking part of Borno State, one of the many minority tribes in the state known for academic excellence!

Elaborate on why it is obvious. Keep in mind that I am not from anywhere near Borno, so some things that are obvious to you will be less so to me.
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by lionshare: 8:42am On Nov 08, 2012
@topic...she is from my clan and tribe.. Are you wondering...my clan is proudly9ja and tribe...GreenWhiteGreen!...btw..dis should increase the price of garri on the international market...#proudgarriAdvocate...
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by Alaafialoro(m): 8:51am On Nov 08, 2012
carzola: dat gurl luks 30 nd dos white guys luk asian, any way how dos dis change d price of akara nd bread
It doesn‘t actually change d price of bread and akara but it shows that not all nigerians have IQ of 69 like you do!
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by thorpido(m): 8:51am On Nov 08, 2012
berem: what do you wanna do with her ethnicity? Unfortunately she is not Yoruba. Mtscheeew!

This is indeed a great achievement.she has really done us proud.congratulations to her success.
You've got beef for the renowned brilliance of Yoruba people?The guy asking is nt even yoruba.
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by Buchianom(m): 8:52am On Nov 08, 2012
Thank God fr bringing out smthin good frm Borno,nt jst BH evryday....cngrats gal,9ja is da best!!

1 Like

Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by Angel778(f): 8:53am On Nov 08, 2012
Sunchris: The sweet memory of akara and bread will never cease to flow in the membrane of people like you. Ghetto man!
bhahahahahaha...
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 08, 2012
Sunchris: Nigerians are intelligent. We are smart and confident...
If it takes u to say it, maybe not
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by SamAfrik(m): 9:08am On Nov 08, 2012
Congrats Nana. You have made urself, ur family, ur state, ur tribe, Nigeria & Africa proud in that order.
Wish u more sucess in d future.
Re: 21-Year-Old Nigerian Emerges UK's University Of Kent Most Outstanding Graduate by Thok(m): 9:28am On Nov 08, 2012
Chei.. Lekwe omalicha nwa.. Omoge toh rewa.. Beauty+brains=every man's desire.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Registation In Poly Ibadan / Pls Help. Kwara Liaison Office In Lagos / Horrifically Sad Historical Photos That Completely Shook The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.