Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe (8006 Views)

S/West PDP Leaders Ask Jonathan For Speaker’s Post / Fashola Ask Jonathan To Withdraw Troops From Lagos Streets – Full Speech / Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by bigtt76(f): 4:37am On Nov 08, 2012
Hey guys, I just saw this article in the news now that made me roll with laughter ....thats me though. Seriously do you think Nigerians will clamour for GEJ to continue in 2015? Please no bashing but like seriohsly ....is Okupe for real?

I know 2015 would be dicey in terms of North-South rule and maybe lack of credible candidate from both sides but then ....who knows?

Source
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/why-nigerians-ll-ask-jonathan-to-run-in-2015-okupe/
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by semid4lyfe(m): 7:39am On Nov 08, 2012
By Soni Daniel, Regional Editor, North

ABUJA — Indications that President Goodluck Jonathan will seek re-election in 2015 emerged last night with a declaration by his Senior Special Assistant on Public Affairs that the President’s transparent leadership and concrete performance would make Nigerians to ask him to run for a second term.

Okupe, who spoke exclusively with Vanguard, said although Jonathan had not declared his interest in the poll, he was confident that the successful implementation of the various development projects and programmes already put in place by the administration would endear him to the people.

Okupe said: “As an insider I know what he has been doing since he took over as President of Nigeria. I am very certain in my mind that Nigerians are going to applaud him and even if he does not want to run for election in 2015, Nigerians are going to force him to run again because of the level of his performance.”

The public affairs helmsman made it clear that Jonathan had set a 2014 deadline for himself to deliver uninterrupted power supply, tackle unemployment, insecurity and provide infrastructure to enable the economy to blossom.

Okupe said the President was quietly working to deliver on his mandate of bringing fresh air to Nigerians, explaining that it was in a bid to achieve the set goals that he recently committed ministers to endorse performance contract to show deliverable timelines.

According to him, the performance contract is geared at keeping top government officials on their toes and to enable the President to measure their performance and decide on how the best hands to continue to man the ship of state.

He said: “President Jonathan is not a theatrical or show man. He is not a man given to too much speech but action. I am very sure Nigerians will soon come to know more about his level of sincerity and commitment to the transformation of this country.

Okupe also said that it was wrong for Nigerians to continue to chastise the administration for not fighting graft when it was the same government that started the probe and eventual prosecution of those implicated in the subsidy fraud.

He however noted that cynicism of Nigerians towards leadership was borne out of many years of past failures by previous government, promising that the Jonathan administration was out to change things for the better.

“Nigerians have become use very cynical and skeptical about government because of past failures. But they should not judge Jonathan by the failures of the past. Mr. President is an innocent politician who is untainted by the politics of the past and not deeply entrenched in the principalities that have ruled us,” he pleaded.

On the issue of Boko Haram, Okupe noted that the government was dialoguing with the sect and was studying the conditions put down by the sect.

He announced that the government would make its position known on the matter at the appropriate time.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/why-nigerians-ll-ask-jonathan-to-run-in-2015-okupe/

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by k2039: 7:48am On Nov 08, 2012
Talk is cheap.

He is just working for his money,not suprised

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 08, 2012
2nd to comment,good,better,best,I will strive to be number one next time.so help me God.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by SeyiGold(m): 7:49am On Nov 08, 2012
Uncle jona try sha. I would have vote for him in 2015 only if he will still be alive by then. The northerners want him dead.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by Aleliberty(m): 7:50am On Nov 08, 2012
Stage news, 2014 is at the door already
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 08, 2012
No comments
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by werepeLeri: 7:50am On Nov 08, 2012
bigtt76: Hey guys, I just saw this article in the news now that made me roll with laughter ....thats me though. Seriously do you think Nigerians will clamour for GEJ to continue in 2015? Please no bashing but like seriohsly ....is Okupe for real?

I know 2015 would be dicey in terms of North-South rule and maybe lack of credible candidate from both sides but then ....who knows?

Source

Why not wait for 2015 then? and why are you at 2012 faulting what Okupe has said?
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by Mentcee(m): 7:51am On Nov 08, 2012
Lets wait and see. Btw, i think the american prediction of Nigeria's breakup is real. All the same i will surely vote GEj.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by U09ce: 7:53am On Nov 08, 2012
Something must be wrong wit dis man.Bt money can do everytin.2 nd a half yrs in office without anytin to show,will it be possible to achieve d so called transformtn agenda by 2015?I doubt much

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 08, 2012
I can't wait for this God forsaken country to split by 2015! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by Yungeagle(m): 8:02am On Nov 08, 2012
I dnt knw y nigerians are so blind 2 see the writing on the wall,bt 4 now GEJ still d best among wht we hve been seeing,is just dis evil men using media an violence to spoil show 4 him.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 08, 2012
berem: I can't wait for this God forsaken country to split by 2015! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!
I actually want him to run..., the north would be enraged and kasala go bust, then the country can split for good.. smiley
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 08, 2012
Okupe the butt licker...his reason might not make sense,buh the fact makes sense-Nigerians will still ask GEJ to run for 2015 election!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by Abujabir24: 8:04am On Nov 08, 2012
Oh God please let this country split before 2015. I would love to see the fight between the Igbos of south-east and the Ijaws of south-south.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by DICKtator: 8:05am On Nov 08, 2012
He would run without shoes to Otuoke!!!!!!!
Marathon Race to Bayelsa
grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by alphaconde(m): 8:07am On Nov 08, 2012
Till then
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by bigboy3: 8:11am On Nov 08, 2012
Abujabir24: Oh God please let this country split before 2015. I would love to see the fight between the Igbos of south-east and the Ijaws of south-south.

Are you okay? Why do you guys think splitting this country is the solution. I am sure your father witnessed the war, ask him to enlighten you.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 08, 2012
My vote and support for GEJ was for the following reasons :
1) completion of dredging of river niger. Current status: COMPLETED
2) completion of Onitsha port. Current status: COMPLETED
3) reforms and privatisation of PHCN. Current status: ongoing, almost completed
4) completion of Onitsha- Owerri road. Current status: COMPLETED
5) modernization and internationalization of Enugu airport, ditto southeast airports. Current status: remodelling work ongoing and plan to construct international terminal for Enugu airport concluded.
6) completion of Enugu- Onitsha express way. Current status, bridge head to upper iweka section EXPANDED and COMPLETED, while work is ongoing at other failed sections.
7) reconstruction of Enugu-Ph expressway. Current status: still several bad portions but remedial work ongoing now, while we await plans for full reconstruction
cool restoration of the eastern rail line, ditto rail transport across the country. Current status: ongoing
9) construction of 2nd Niger bridge. Current status: actual ground braking and work expected to commence March next yr.
10) consolidation of democracy in Nig thru free and fair elections. Current status: delivered. In conclusion my vote and support for Jonathan has yielded tremendous benefits for me and my people. I have NEVER been disappointed for one minute and I hope that before 2015, many more benefits would accrue to me and my people, courtesy of GEJ

9 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by Benite: 8:12am On Nov 08, 2012
Okupe should go and sit down which graft dem fight ? Which probe have they implemented. all the the facrook, subsidy thieves including tukur son and mohamed ali son, pension scam etc have they brought to book? or is he saying federal government thru adoke is no longer doing plea and bargain, challenging efcc that they didnt inform him b4 arraigning somebody etc abegi !!! No be today malam start to they carry kettle jor!!!. Until 2014 let us wait and see. Hehehe

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by Maxymilliano(m): 8:14am On Nov 08, 2012
I believe it is high time Doyin Okupe is relieved of his duty, this is a gross dereliction of duty even when the President himself had issued a stern warning to political jobbers in PDP to stop fortwith the unnecessary 2015 brouhaha.

Granted the President have every right to seek re-election in 2015, it is completely out of order for the spokeman to assault our consciousness on why the President will be 'begged' to contest at this time when the President himself is still striving to impress the populace.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by dridowu: 8:24am On Nov 08, 2012
Dr Doyin Okupe , the toothless dog ?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 08, 2012
It will be very SAD for Nigeria if Jonathan does not govern this country beyond 2015. If Jonathan stays beyond 2015 till2019, we expect that the present attitude of free and fairelections would have become aCULTURE, that will prove too difficult for his successor to change. Believe me what Nigeria needs, above ALL other things, is CONSISTENT FREE and FAIR elections at all levels. Because like the Bible says- seek first the kingdom of God and all other things shall be added unto you. Seek first the kingdom of free and fair elections and all other things shall be added unto you. The good roads, better health care, etc will NATURALLY follow consistent free and fair elections at all levels. Make no mistake about, I have no personal benefit from the govt of Jonathan besides the projects highlighted above have come to the southeast people, my people, courtesy of this govt. It is well known fact that previous govts had neglected the southeast. Also I would like the likes of Fashola,Oshiomole,Adeshina Akinwumi,Rochas, Okonjo Iweala,Peter Obi, Ribadu,etc to be president but after 2019, not because they cant construct the roads that Jonathan is presently doing butfor us to have some more yearsto CULTURISE free and fair elections under Jonathan.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by obalolaunited(m): 8:27am On Nov 08, 2012
Hmmm just passing by
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 08, 2012
I will not forgive myself if I fail to support the ONLY govt in the52yrs history of Nigeria, that is keen on delivering FREE and FAIR elections at all times. For those who do not know or feign ignorance, free and fair elections is the NUMBER ONE dividends of democracy, not construction of roads or bridges. The reason is clear because free and fair elections is what brought countries like America to the enviable position they are today. Free and fair elections makes the voter the KING, who can HIRE and FIRE, like what the Edo, Ondo,etc people did. Nigerians will not understand the full IMPORT of what they enjoy under Jonathan until if God forbid a crazy tyrant takes over from Jonathan and return us tothe days of Amala and do or die politics

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 08, 2012
Even the Great Achebe agrees with me on this issue of seeking first the kingdom of FREE and FAIR as he wrote in his latest book- There was a country.
In the chapter were he tried to proffer solutions to Nigeria's problems he stated that “First we have to nurture and strengthen our democratic institutions – and strive for the FREEST and FAIREST elections possible. That will place the true candidates of the people in office,” He writes that this process "can lead to a thriving free press and strong justice system, with checks and balances and corruption-curbing laws NATURALLY finding a footing. He adds: He adds: “A new patriotic consciousness has to be developed… based on an awareness of the responsibilityof leaders to the led… and disseminated by civil society, schools and intellectuals. It is from this kind of environment that a leader, HUMBLED by the trust placed upon him by the people, will emerge, willing to use the power given to him for the good of the people.”
On the 2011 polls, Achebe comments: “The last general election in Nigeria was not perfect, but overall it was an improvement over PAST TRAVESTIES that were passed off as elections in Nigeria. Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Chairman,Attahiru MuhammaduJega, and his team SHOULD BE ALLOWED to build upon the gains of that exercise for the good of the nation.” A word is enough for the WISE
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by buhak: 8:32am On Nov 08, 2012
PLEASE, LET US SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS COUNTRY PLEASE

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by aurenflani: 8:39am On Nov 08, 2012
Yungeagle: I dnt knw y nigerians are so blind 2 see the writing on the wall,bt 4 now GEJ still d best among wht we hve been seeing,is just dis evil men using media an violence to spoil show 4 him.

Are you for real? Like seriously, even sick and slow yar'adua seemed a better leader to me.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by phemieojelabi: 8:42am On Nov 08, 2012
I want 2 bliv okupe is just doin his own JOB,Although am wondarin Y he has nt been relieved of that Post till dis mmt,even if he's kind of performing 2 dia "ADMINISTRATION TASTE" As a senior special asst in media u must av sumtin 2 say even wen those words re not passing any meaningful thought across. Let wait n see 2015.We av all seen the revolution in USA those WHITE dat vote OBAMA neva did that 2 him because is "BLACK",Bt they Bliv in him cos "HE CAN".Nigeria is high time we wake up 4rm dis SLUUMMMMBEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by GEDUANI: 9:05am On Nov 08, 2012
Ehen! I am more concern with the constitutional dust the the issue will raise come 2015. it is clear that GEJ took over and completed the mAndate of YARADUA and subsequently ran and became president. Now, the issue is, can it be argued that GEJ is currently running a second term?? If so, would he still be eligible to run in 2015?? On the other hand, if he eventually run in 2015 and becomes the president, would nt it mean that he would have been on sit for ten years since he was president for two years on the death of YARADUA. TROUBLE IS LOOMING! Lawyers take note!!! From G.ani

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by Stallion77(f): 9:10am On Nov 08, 2012
U09ce: Something must be wrong wit dis man.Bt money can do everytin.2 nd a half yrs in office without anytin to show,will it be possible to achieve d so called transformtn agenda by 2015?I doubt much

did you take common entrance from primary three?
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by chucky234(m): 9:20am On Nov 08, 2012
werepeLeri:

Why not wait for 2015 then? and why are you at 2012 faulting what Okupe has said?
Because Okupe is a fraud with no integrity

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. / Police: IGP Never Paid N2 Billion For Tenure Extension / 2023: Court Dismisses PDP's Suit Seeking Disqualification Of Tinubu, Shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.