Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte (209263 Views)

What You Need To Know About: Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g (LTE). / Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G / MTN/Glo GPRS Configuration for Windows Smartphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by sniperwolf(m): 11:27pm On Nov 10, 2012
rman: All speeds are dependent on the number of users using the network at a time.

They are maximum speed possible not speeds you will get on your device. eg If you are the only one using a 3G site at a time, then you will get that maximum speed.

Also, it is not all mobile devices ( phones , modems ) that can deliver these maximum speeds. Therefore number of uplink and dwonlink channels designed for the phone also matters.

At the end of the day, if a netwrok supports HSDPA and on a site,and 200 people are comunicating on the site at once, the speed available may not be upto EDGE speed at that time although it is an HSDPA site.

That is why we get faster dwonloads at night when most people are sleeping.
If your info is true, then it's what I've longed for
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by sniperwolf(m): 11:32pm On Nov 10, 2012
dammytex:

lol
Actually, these speeds are for the entire site (A base station site just like the one you see near a mast). All users are to use these download speed. If you are lucky enough to be the only user on coverage of that site, you will actually get the max throughput. But this is 9ja, you might be up to 1000 data users on an EDGE enabled site, that's why you get the kind of service you get.
Sorry.
You nailed it!
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 11, 2012
mr.drizzy:
u use a blackberry ryt?.ever tried using etisalat,their data sus is unlimited,asin u can download up to 50gb as long as its within the days/wk/mnths u purchase,glo is jst 3gb
Really? How much is that of etisalat? I mean the monthly unlimited data?
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by mrdrizzy(m): 12:33pm On Nov 11, 2012
Paxchal: Really? How much is that of etisalat? I mean the monthly unlimited data?
hmm i think its 1500 yeah 1.5k same as mtn
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by bobolekepee(m): 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2012
mr.drizzy:
undecided U thinks?
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by mrdrizzy(m): 5:39pm On Nov 11, 2012
bobolekepee: undecided U thinks?
duh it is
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by bobolekepee(m): 8:37pm On Nov 11, 2012
mr.drizzy:
duh it is
Hmmm... Maybe
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by albacete(m): 8:25pm On Nov 12, 2012
mr.drizzy:
hahaha tell him oh.all this bb users forming rubbish,bb is nt even in top 7 smartfones,u come dey call 4g,no no be 4g na 5g mtscheew

BB OS na learner for where Android and iOS dey naa.
But if u are a heavy texter u can get urself one.
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by mrdrizzy(m): 12:38am On Nov 13, 2012
albacete:

BB OS na learner for where Android and iOS dey naa.
But if u are a heavy texter u can get urself one.

gone are the days when phones are used for call and text only,were in new age
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 13, 2012
mr.drizzy:

Does it stream youtube videos? Glo doesn't except at night but then it zaps my credit so i don't bother again angry
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by mrdrizzy(m): 10:36am On Nov 13, 2012
Paxchal:

Does it stream youtube videos? Glo doesn't except at night but then it zaps my credit so i don't bother again angry
hahaha repeat ,bb is nt good i streaming in any service in nigeria it would zap ur credit,jst visit vuclip,they have cool stuff,frm yourube and beyound nd if u wonna download ,anoda methos,change the url to sumthing like dis ss/http://m.youtube.com.+gooogleetghaytg
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by zaimc(m): 2:34pm On Nov 13, 2012
LOL @ 3g 4g comparison shot
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 15, 2012
mr.drizzy:
hahaha repeat ,bb is nt good i streaming in any service in nigeria it would zap ur credit,jst visit vuclip,they have cool stuff,frm yourube and beyound nd if u wonna download ,anoda methos,change the url to sumthing like dis ss/http://m.youtube.com.+gooogleetghaytg
Thanks
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 16, 2012
for those who thinks Bold 5 can't run 4G please think again as I have been using this for over 2months

Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by prodigy2k(m): 9:21pm On Nov 16, 2012
Wot of d E dat always appears on phone while browsing?
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by xcitedjay(m): 11:15pm On Dec 13, 2012
prodigy2k: Wot of d E dat always appears on phone while browsing?
E ~> Edge
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by xcitedjay(m): 11:25pm On Dec 13, 2012
Heard Airtel is trying out 4G LTE
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by kuchko: 1:19am On Apr 27, 2013
Terrific and excellent. Thanks for sharing. Is it possible you explain about the bands also?
Regards
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by adamondroc(m): 9:16pm On Jul 20, 2013
Hi everyone, thanks for fast-fowarding my learning curve on this topic. Its been bugging me for long and I just said to try a search. Also, what is the defination of broadband in relation to these 4G and LTE speeds, are they all under the broadband definition? Thanks.
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by deveaux(m): 9:09pm On Oct 14, 2013
I get H+(Hspap), same as 4g I guess, on my phone at my place in Ikorodu with mtn. I use a Samsung galaxy s3. I must say, the connection is super fast.

Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by africastar(m): 11:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
In addition to higher speed, you may also wish to access mobile ready (mobile optimised) websites, typically all website with dot TEL are genuinely mobile ready therefore the fastest to display, at any given "bandwidth" speed .
Try some examples shocked :
www.IBADAN.TEL www.short-code.TEL www.SMSsearch.TEL www.USSD.TEL www.IMEI.TEL www.NOLLYWOOD.TEL
www.AFRICASTAR.TEL

enjoy grin
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by zhangying: 4:06am On Jan 08, 2014
I am using E-lins 4G router now,so good.I like It.
http://www.e-lins.com/EN/4G_FDD_LTE_Router_List.html
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by Vicfus(m): 12:04pm On Jul 10, 2014
Hmmmmm.... Is good to be really informed! Have learnt a lot. Tanx
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by tofek4real: 12:13pm On Jul 13, 2014
Nice post!
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by guente02(m): 12:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
Etisalat HSPA in Sokoto

Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by xcitedjay(m): 8:28am On Jul 14, 2014
tofek4real: Nice post!

Thanks Boss
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by xcitedjay(m): 8:30am On Jul 14, 2014
guente02: Etisalat HSPA in Sokoto

I remember the good old days of dial-up, you'd use 1 week to download 1GB worth of data :d

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by fmdot1: 10:47pm On Oct 14, 2014
nice post and highly educative
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by bookiee(f): 11:25am On Oct 21, 2014
Pls guys no vex, how can i configure ds usb modem HSDPA I bought, am trying to use it with my mtn sim buh i havent gotten any headway with it..........pls help a sister
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by MightyFortress: 10:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
Nice one op
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by Musazee: 9:54am On Mar 23, 2015
Very good1.
Re: Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte by xcitedjay(m): 2:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
Information on this post still very much valid as of today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) / Calculate Your Nokia Phone's Security Master Code Easily Online / Tecno P9 Phantom PAD Mini Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.