Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Robbers Invade Canaanland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Robbers Invade Canaanland (18268 Views)

Poll: Whose side are you on?

The innocent victims: 89% (76 votes)
The robbers: 10% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm - VANGUARD / Robbers Invade Churches In Imo / Robbers Invade Flood Victims’ Camp In Onitsha, Cart Away With Food Items (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbers Invade Canaanland by chikeze(m): 9:44am On Feb 01, 2008
Eight people, including two policemen, were killed in three violent incidents in Ogun and Lagos states on Thursday.The attacks began around mid-day when about 27 armed robbers violated the sanctity of Canaanland in Sango, Ogun State, by raiding four banks there.

Before the robbers left with huge amounts of money from the banks, two policemen lay dead. Two bank officials were seriously injured but one was said to have died around 5pm at the Covenant University Health Centre.

One banker was lucky during the attack. Bullet reportedly pierced through one of his shoes and came out at the other side.

Canaanland accomodates the Covenant University, Faith Academy, Kingdom Heritage Schools and the Living Faith Church, otherwise known as Winners Chapel, among others

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2008013111231646
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Jakumo(m): 11:07am On Feb 01, 2008
Looks like the gentlemen at arms are taking that old saying to heart : "God only helps those who help themselves."
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by moraachi: 7:54pm On Feb 01, 2008
I'm a student of covenant university i swear PAPA go curse those ppl just close 2 MAMA'S birthday, they then took away d money 4 d OWAMBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Mamajama(m): 9:34pm On Feb 01, 2008
Where is OKIRO AND BIGB1?

how can this happen under una nose?

yeye people God bless the victims
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by joshjosh(m): 9:42pm On Feb 01, 2008
God help us. these thieves they expect a better life with this money.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 01, 2008
hmnn, those thieves really had guts.it isnt ordinary.pls lets pray for their forgiveness.

OH LORD OUR GOD, PLS REGARD NOT THE EVIL DEEDS OF THESE , AMEN, THANK YOU LORD.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by joshjosh(m): 10:09pm On Feb 01, 2008
really? what of the people they killed bro?

heaven will suspend mercy and visit the pain they caused on other family on them and their wives and girlfriends and children they feed with these blood stained money.

these are evil animals. how can you they kill policemen and you are thanking God for forgiving them? it amazes me what some people take God for
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 01, 2008
ever imagined the crimes the thieve on jesus' side committed in his time? yet he got to heaven even before some saints
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by joshjosh(m): 10:17pm On Feb 01, 2008
so these guys have confessed to you and you forgave them and want to register it on nairaland. do i get that right?
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 10:17pm On Feb 01, 2008
that is what you get when "churches" end up as business empires - - the den of thieves.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Mamajama(m): 10:19pm On Feb 01, 2008
Please stop arguing blame it on the useless government that we have.

They failed to equipped the police and train the personnel.  we lack technology and communication gadgets to curtail this criminals.

There is a saying in the state "you can never beat the radio".  Nigerian police force has two helicopters in a country of over 150 Million and yet we expect magic.

The only regrets is that only poor people experience this barbaric act by the criminals.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 01, 2008
and who are we to contest the mercies of God.if God says he would forgive them so what? sure they will receive their rewards in due time
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by joshjosh(m): 10:30pm On Feb 01, 2008
why would God give them any due reward when thanksgiving has been done for their forgiveness dear brother?

this despicable act has nothing to do with govt. these are shameless fools.  why should they  kill anybody let alone poor policemen.

if men were God those lovely awalawa people write on their vehicles.  i think if those 2 guys were your sons the oil of your sleek preaching and forgiveness would not flow so easily in 24hrs.

these are wicked sinners that have the blood of 2 souls on their hands. no matter what position they sit in any church they have an account to settle with God.

they are evil and vile wicked men. period.  they are not the most hungriest ( if there is a word like that) in nigeria.

like the mama said this is not a matter to argue over.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Gamine(f): 10:37pm On Feb 01, 2008
when will this rest

i feel this a test

Bishop said smthing abt this at shiloh

now these robbers have come to test Gods power

they are in for it!
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 10:40pm On Feb 01, 2008
Gamine:

when will this rest

i feel this a test

Bishop said smthing about this at shiloh

now these robbers have come to test Gods power

they are in for it!

puhleeese give me a break. They robbed banks . . . is that part of God's house too?
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 01, 2008
logic! a bank in a church,
logic! killed cops in the bank in the church!
logic! stole cash from the bank in the church!

what else do we call that.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 10:45pm On Feb 01, 2008
olrotimi:

logic! a bank in a church,
logic! killed cops in the bank in the church!
logic! stole cash from the bank in the church!

what else do we call that.

simple logic . . . when did banks become part of a church?
Did Christ patronise money changers in the temple or drove them out with whips?

not logic dear . . . read ur bible.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Mamajama(m): 10:46pm On Feb 01, 2008
@his_grace Dude do not compare public killing to robbery.  Please tell me on what site or news paper you heard of a bandits of robbers attacking a community in America and got away without apprehension ?

Most of the senseless killing in America are solved within couple months, check the stats.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Gamine(f): 10:51pm On Feb 01, 2008
@4Him

the Bishop talked about the whole canaanland

whether bank, school, house, restaurant

its all covered
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Mamajama(m): 10:55pm On Feb 01, 2008
his_grace you must not be familiar with American crime solver.

come here and see my friend.

we have DNA and forensic labs, lol
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 10:55pm On Feb 01, 2008
Gamine:

@4Him

the Bishop talked about the whole canaanland

whether bank, school, house, restaurant

its all covered

This is becoming Bishop worship. Where in the bible did the apostles sit down building business empires to make money? Was it when Paul was being shipwrecked on the way to Jerusalem or when Stephen was being stoned or with Philip being transported to meet the Ethopian eunuch?
May God have mercy.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 01, 2008
@ 4him, LOL! grin grin grin
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Gamine(f): 11:02pm On Feb 01, 2008
Mr Man or Mrs Woman

How can twist this like that

so someone cant pray over something again??

Wetin be worship for here

May God have mercy o!
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 11:11pm On Feb 01, 2008
Gamine:

How can twist this like that

so someone can't pray over something again??

Wetin be worship for here

May God have mercy o!

Yes you can pray for security but the fact that the robbery took place in "Canaanland" does not make it any different from bank robberies on Ozumba Mbadiwe.
While Christ enjoins us to build up treasures in heaven "Bishop" is busy building his own canaanland on earth . . . when the robbers come for their share you all start calling fire and brimstone.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Gamine(f): 11:17pm On Feb 01, 2008
Chei did i make any special reference to canaanland being different

Mr man , i was even in sch and i heard the gunshots

their own share?

which kain man/woman be this

My money sef don follo them!

Nawa solve the problem you have with Bishop
and stop supporting the robbery!
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 11:21pm On Feb 01, 2008
I dont support robbery but i wont condone the misuse of Christ's name as a tool for personal aggrandisment either which is what canaanland symbolises.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by Gamine(f): 11:33pm On Feb 01, 2008
Aggrandisment?

lol

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by joshjosh(m): 12:17am On Feb 02, 2008
it is like you guys endorse robbery. by the look of it the bishop is your enemy so anything that robs or affect him is an endorsement of your hatred. you might as well have pulled the triger. i can see why the mercy and thanksgiving prayer flowed freely earlier

God have mercy on us all with people like these in our society. God's mercy can flow to a killing thieve but can't reach david oyedepo
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 1:18am On Feb 02, 2008
joshjosh:

it is like you guys endorse robbery. by the look of it the bishop is your enemy so anything that robs or affect him is an endorsement of your hatred. you might as well have pulled the triger. i can see why the mercy and thanksgiving prayer flowed freely earlier

God have mercy on us all with people like these in our society. God's mercy can flow to a killing thieve but can't reach david oyedepo

lol i see where you are going. Take off the blinkered glasses of loyalty and try to be a tad bit objective.
First and foremost i must point out that in no way do i support armed robbery, in normal countries such miscreants shld be behind bars right now not enjoying their loot.

Back to my main point: why is a church now so rich? Why is a bank situated in a church? In the begining it was not so. Christ flogged money changers out of the premises of the temple accusing them of turning a house of prayer into a den of thieves . . . are we not witnessing the same today?

Our churches have become schools, restaurants, banks and miracle houses. Is this what the saviour meant when He said we shld lay NOT for ourselves treasures on earth where moth and rust do corrupt?
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by joshjosh(m): 1:32am On Feb 02, 2008
bro you can't be 4Him on one hand and be against the prosperity and well being of His church on the other hand. even if the church was poor the fact you have such high numbers of people there every week makes it a force you can't ignore.

i don't fellowship there but you guys have to understand we are all Christians all these non-sence of your church is better than mine need to stop. as someone said on a different thread all these things are sworks of envy.

no theif have the right to go rob anywhere. church or no church. that is my point.

if you apply the "In the begining it was not so" theology. my question to you would be why are you doing things that were not done in the beginning? you probably are in north america and europe. in the beginning our people dont travel why did you travel kind sir? i bet you use planes, cars and trains. in the beginning these things were not so sir.

be fair theives are theives i didn't think i would live to see the day people would be rejoicing that banks have robbed because they are situated in church premises.

you might as well say theives should steal your car and property because in the beginning 4Him didn't have anything.

May God have mercy
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by 4Him(m): 1:51am On Feb 02, 2008
joshjosh:

bro you can't be 4Him on one hand and be against the prosperity and well being of His church on the other hand. even if the church was poor the fact you have such high numbers of people there every week makes it a force you can't ignore.

Sir, have you read Christ's description of the Laodecian church? Rev 3: 14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Dear sir . . . Christ had only a band of 12 fishermen, tax collectors and sinners yet within 3yrs He brought a message that continues to resonate 2000yrs after. The size of a church makes it a force to be reckoned with IN THE SIGHT OF MAN but is of no consequence to God. Remember Gideon's army.

The church is not the organisation or the building, it is the people . . . is it not surprising that at the time the organisation is so rich most of the people (the real church) are spiritually and physically poor?
The Lord is concerned about the "prosperity" of His Church . . . the prosperity of the souls of His people.

joshjosh:

i don't fellowship there but you guys have to understand we are all Christians all these non-sence of your church is better than mine need to stop. as someone said on a different thread all these things are sworks of envy.

I have no affinity to any denomination . . . anywhere the undiluted word of Christ is preached there shall you find my feet. I dont care if they are redeemed or winners.

joshjosh:

no theif have the right to go rob anywhere. church or no church. that is my point.

Well supported. Armed robbery shld have no place in our society.

joshjosh:

if you apply the "In the begining it was not so" theology. my question to you would be why are you doing things that were not done in the beginning? you probably are in north america and europe. in the beginning our people don't travel why did you travel kind sir? i bet you use planes, cars and trains. in the beginning these things were not so sir.

when i say "in the begining it was not so" i refer to the start of the early church right from Christ's ministry to the gathering together of the early apostles in Acts 1.
Nothing to do with cars or planes or travel.

joshjosh:

be fair theives are theives i didn't think i would live to see the day people would be rejoicing that banks have robbed because they are situated in church premises.

Rest assured that those days are not here yet. No one is rejoicing that a bank is robbed in a church . . . i am just worried that we now have banks inside churches. Are they for keeping the offering?

joshjosh:

you might as well say theives should steal your car and property because in the beginning 4Him didn't have anything.

May God have mercy

Again you misunderstand the general thrust of my oppinion.
May God have mercy.
Re: Robbers Invade Canaanland by TCUBE(m): 4:21am On Feb 02, 2008
Nigeria and its people, the most intricate diverse group to decipher on planet earth, i USE TO LIVE IN OTA, this is shocking and sad, lord have mercy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Chief Onochie Ikenua Is Dead. / Buhari, 59 World Leaders Agree Sanctions On Looters / Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.