Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,043 members, 7,799,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb (1690 Views)

Phone Gurus, What Do We Do Concerning The "Shaving" Policy? / Phone Gurus What Does This Mean? / Mobile Phone Antivirus Software Download - Free. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by ahmedgafar7(m): 7:44am On Nov 08, 2012
Pls does anybody knws any antivirus good for my BB....
Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by ahmedgafar7(m): 8:47am On Nov 08, 2012
Pls gurus reply
Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by femi4: 10:13am On Nov 08, 2012
Netqin Security
Avast mobile security for Android
Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by LordReed(m): 10:37am On Nov 08, 2012
What do you need an anti-virus for BB for? You are only going to make your BB much more slow and unstable plus drain your battery faster. Tomorrow you will come and be saying your BB doesn't last 2 hours.
Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by ahmedgafar7(m): 11:14am On Nov 08, 2012
Lord_Reed: What do you need an anti-virus for BB for? You are only going to make your BB much more slow and unstable plus drain your battery faster. Tomorrow you will come and be saying your BB doesn't last 2 hours.
why don't I need it ?
Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by ahmedgafar7(m): 11:15am On Nov 08, 2012
femi4: Netqin Security
Avast mobile security for Android
thanks ....but the netqin says network error anytime it scans for viruses
Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by LordReed(m): 11:49am On Nov 08, 2012
ahmedgafar7: why don't I need it ?

I have not heard of viruses for BBs. If there are any they are so negligible as to be insignificant. Adding a TSR program to your BB that will be scanning every activity on your BB will only make the battery drain faster.

Forget about anti-virus for BB.
Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by femi4: 11:52am On Nov 08, 2012
Lord_Reed: What do you need an anti-virus for BB for? You are only going to make your BB much more slow and unstable plus drain your battery faster. Tomorrow you will come and be saying your BB doesn't last 2 hours.
Ignorant!!!
Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by femi4: 11:55am On Nov 08, 2012
ahmedgafar7: thanks ....but the netqin says network error anytime it scans for viruses
Are you sure it was downloaded from the right source, cos I just scanned mine and it was ok.
Delete that version and download afresh from bb app world
Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by LordReed(m): 4:19pm On Nov 08, 2012
femi4: Ignorant!!!

Dumbarse!!!
Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by femi4: 8:33pm On Nov 08, 2012
Smartphones can do many of things that computers do - even catch viruses and other Smalware. With millions of people storing sensitive personal information on smartphones and using them to check email, surf the Web, and conduct financial business, it's not surprising that bad guys are writing malware that targets phones.

Smartphones can also be enslaved by cellular botnets - networks of compromised phones which, upon a command from a central slavemaster, can launch a distributed-denial-of-service attack to overwhelm a cellular carrier's network with bogus traffic. Such DDoS attacks are pretty common on the Web, where
enslaved computers are used to bombard a Web site with so much traffic that it crashes.

Malware can find its way onto smartphones through the same vectors by which it infiltrates computers, and others. Opening an email attachment; clicking on the wrong Web link; or downloading what's advertised as a ringtone can infect a smartphone with malware.

With so many software apps available for smartphones, and so many people blithely downloading them, smartphones have become very fertile ground for malware writers.
Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by LordReed(m): 6:39am On Nov 09, 2012
^^^^Mister show me 5 examples of malware on Blackberry.
Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by femi4: 7:20am On Nov 09, 2012
Lord_Reed: ^^^^Mister show me 5 examples of malware on Blackberry.
Next time you can direct your questions to google, but let me educate you a bit,

The types of malware infecting smartphones and tablets include SMS-flodders (accounting for 0.09% of all malware samples identified in 2011), worms (0.09%) and mainly spyware (63.39%) and SMS trojans (36.43%).

*. Spyware – This is the more prevalent malware that accounts for 63.39% of all samples identified in 2011. This type of malware is in the form of an app that has the ability to covertly record and transmit data, such as GPS coordinates, texts or browser history.

*. SMS Trojans – Making up 36% of all known mobile malware samples, this type of malware secretly sends SMS message topremium rate numbers owned by the attacker, who receives this non-recoverable money anonymously.
Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by LordReed(m): 8:43am On Nov 09, 2012
femi4: Next time you can direct your questions to google, but let me educate you a bit,

The types of malware infecting smartphones and tablets include SMS-flodders (accounting for 0.09% of all malware samples identified in 2011), worms (0.09%) and mainly spyware (63.39%) and SMS trojans (36.43%).

*. Spyware – This is the more prevalent malware that accounts for 63.39% of all samples identified in 2011. This type of malware is in the form of an app that has the ability to covertly record and transmit data, such as GPS coordinates, texts or browser history.

*. SMS Trojans – Making up 36% of all known mobile malware samples, this type of malware secretly sends SMS message topremium rate numbers owned by the attacker, who receives this non-recoverable money anonymously.

Don't give me that Google BS ok? I have already checked and I could not find for BLACKBERRY! So stop all that smartphone this and that, I asked specifically for Blackberry and as far as Google showed all these do not affect Blackberry because of its security features.

1 Like

Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by ahmedgafar7(m): 10:22pm On Nov 09, 2012
femi4: Are you sure it was downloaded from the right source, cos I just scanned mine and it was ok.
Delete that version and download afresh from bb app world
yes I downloaded it from BB app world...or maybe if u can give me the link to the application
Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by femi4: 5:42am On Nov 10, 2012
ahmedgafar7: yes I downloaded it from BB app world...or maybe if u can give me the link to the application
Use this link http://www.netqin.com/en/antivirus/download/
Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by ahmedgafar7(m): 10:07am On Nov 10, 2012
@femi4 is this the link to the netqin antivirus on ur BB http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/32153/ that's the antivirus I downloaded network error every time
Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by ahmedgafar7(m): 10:09am On Nov 10, 2012
femi4: Use this link http://www.netqin.com/en/antivirus/download/
the application is downloading as a media file....when I downloaded it it says '''unable to display media file due to octect streaming''
Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by femi4: 11:25am On Nov 10, 2012
ahmedgafar7: @femi4 is this the link to the netqin antivirus on ur BB http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/32153/ that's the antivirus I downloaded network error every time
yes that's what I m using. Check your bb settings
Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by ahmedgafar7(m): 2:31pm On Nov 10, 2012
femi4: yes that's what I m using. Check your bb settings
pls can u tell me the part I will set
Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by femi4: 2:49pm On Nov 10, 2012
On your bb, go to Option>>Device>>Application Management>> Netqin...then edit permission for connection, interaction and user data.Set them to Allow connection
Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by ahmedgafar7(m): 4:53pm On Nov 10, 2012
femi4: On your bb, go to Option>>Device>>Application Management>> Netqin...then edit permission for connection, interaction and user data.Set them to Allow connection
ok thanks..but its nt working too....you've tried if you don't have any other solution don't worry
Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by ahmedgafar7(m): 5:18pm On Nov 10, 2012
Or doesn't it work with Bis
Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by LordReed(m): 10:19pm On Nov 10, 2012
I really wonder what you are worried about virus for on a Blackberry. The phone comes with heavy security software built in. Installing antivirus is like using those tiny padlocks on a bulletproof door, utterly irrelevant.
Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 11, 2012
Yea i read somewhere virus doesn't affect bb
Re: Gurus,what Antivirus Is Goo For Bb by ahmedgafar7(m): 2:33pm On Nov 11, 2012
Ok I give up I don't need it

(1) (Reply)

Can Nokia Asha 501 Use Adobe Reader???? / Tweaking Your Andriod Phone Without Installing Custom Rom / Fairly Used Samsung Note 3 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.