Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,971 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator - Science/Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator (45723 Views)

Scientist Invent Death Test That Tell Us How Long We Will Live / Urine-powered Generator Invented By Nigerians Girls / Harvard Students Invent Electricity Generating Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by harlos: 7:31pm On Nov 08, 2012
Omo naija get talent joor!
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Oahray: 7:34pm On Nov 08, 2012
Those girls didn't do it, quote me anywhere. They are 14-15 yrs. What do they know about technology? Even the majority of final-year science and engineering students contract their project out.
I guess its one of those sec school things where some students are pushed forward for special effect. Its all about marketing their image. But what is the use trying to paint a fake pic of the educational system? Its dishonesty. Nice invention though.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by SeanDre(m): 7:37pm On Nov 08, 2012
bright007: .....west ko...east ni....pls just name one thing that has been invented by by students aged 14-15 from the west since Nigeria gained independence...Don't come here and post crap of one copy-copy science experiment ooo...Give me an example of an invention that is nationally recognised.

Lol, we are getting there. By the time you beef mongers from alaigbo wakes up, you can't but go back to sleep. Btw- you sister nkiruka that jumped from 3rd after a "parol" went sour, how's she doing?
https://www.nairaland.com/1095744/student-hospitalized-after-outing-facebook
I guess that's better publicity for Nigerian than secondary schools girls playing with tech.in an average biafrogs thinking.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by johnstar(m): 7:39pm On Nov 08, 2012
Make dm noe sha use una urine go do jazz Õoº°°º (juju)undecided, oyo lo wa undecided
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Oahray: 7:44pm On Nov 08, 2012
Sean Dre:

Well!, I don't really blame you. Once you guys opened the thread and it wasn't what you expected,all you could do is beef. Even the respected one(s) amongst you cldnt hide it, all he cld say was .(Fullstop) . I won't dwell much on it sha, while some girls are learning, some older aunties are busy doing this

https://www.nairaland.com/1095744/student-hospitalized-after-outing-facebook/1
face reality man! That is why the nation isnt going forward. We keep lying to ourselves. 14-15yr olds thinking of extracting hydrogen from urine for combustion? Gimme a break!
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by johnstar(m): 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2012
Ty207: watin all these small girls know about generator talk-less of inventing urine powered generator...
wise up man, its nt by age,or its nt by until u old b4 u start doing all dis, errybody noe fit dull lyk u, @least God is on errbody side even God gave those kids brain, which means u dnt even blieve in ur self..... Smh4 9ja mumu ppl Õoº°°º undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2012
Oahray: Those girls didn't do it, quote me anywhere. They are 14-15 yrs. What do they know about technology?
I guess its one of those sec school things where some students are pushed forward for special effect. Its all about marketing their image. But what is the use trying to paint a fake pic Nice invention though.
seriously shut the hell up,what do u know about the infinite capability of the human mind?it is capable of doing anything,age,race,gender regardless,the mind is the greatest asset,that is why the west pump money to grow it to its maximum capabilities,we have three yr old prodigies,seventeen yr old profs and surgeons.u cant see it cos u use urs for po.rn,avarice and debauchery,just shut up
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by AMEBO2BUSY: 7:50pm On Nov 08, 2012
topsyking: RUBBISH invention....
How narrow minded u are. An invention no matter how small shd b appreciate n celebrated, china/japan are con3 dat started small. u want 2 4ever remain consumer,nt producer of technology. MUMU WECUP
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Horus(m): 7:51pm On Nov 08, 2012
If you don't want to recognise the invention the four girls do not need your recognition; Their invention will be recognised abroad. This invention will be Patented abroad under intellectual property rights including copyright and it is a foreign country that will get the benefit of it, not Nigeria. The same scenario happened many time in Nigeria and will continue to happen until Nigerians stop having doubts about themselves.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by SeanDre(m): 7:58pm On Nov 08, 2012
Oahray: face reality man! That is why the nation isnt going forward. We keep lying to ourselves. 14-15yr olds thinking of extracting hydrogen from urine for combustion? Gimme a break!

Honestly bro, what is wrong with that? 10yr olds are now nursing mothers, as absurd as it sounds, the world is changing! Is your grudge with their age or the fact that they are nigerian?
If its their age the google is ur friend. You will see younger kids doing wonders! Do believe it when a kid recites the whole quran or bible chapter? Ooooo, there you go, they are possessed right?
In as much as I hate bigotry, but are we so dejected that we don't see anything good in ourselves anymore?
China started with technology assimilation look at them today! Wts wrong even if it has been in existence before?
Can't u profs on nairaland do something better with the outcome of their experiment?
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:59pm On Nov 08, 2012
a1solution: ITS A GOOD INVENTION BUT IT CAME LATE AS NIGERIANS WOULD BEGIN TO ENJOY UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY AS FROM THE FIRST QUARTER OF YEAR 2013. THEY SHOULD HURRY UP TO SELL THE FEW THEY CAN SELL WITHIN THE REMAINING TWO MONTHS TO 24/7 ELECTRICITY IN NIGERIA

Are you familiar with the term PIPE DREAM? and in between nothing stops them from adapting this for other applications such as cars, imagine never having to pay for fuel again
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Curiouscity(m): 7:59pm On Nov 08, 2012
Nice Invention!!! Like someone said, the teachers are using these students as fronts.
All the same, it's nice that these young minds are tuned towards these types of ideas.

On a second note, will our corrupt leaders/businessmen think of commercializing this?
I recall in 1991(The days of JETS exhibition), a school produce something similar
from organic electrolytes(wild grapes and other plants). After that exhibition in Ibadan
the then minister of science and tech asked the boys who produced it to see her in Abuja.
That was the end of that invention as nothing useful came out of that meeting.

I wish someone will think of commercializing this product or do more research on the pros/cons of
such product in the society.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 08, 2012
valicious1:
May God strike me & my useless family with everlasting leprosy & madness 4 calling my fada a fool.
amen!
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by opoke(m): 8:03pm On Nov 08, 2012
going by the story it seems that it is only girls urine that works for powering this gen set
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by harlos: 8:03pm On Nov 08, 2012
Oahray: Those girls didn't do it, quote me anywhere. They are 14-15 yrs. What do they know about technology? Even the majority of final-year science and engineering students contract their project out.
I guess its one of those sec school things where some students are pushed forward for special effect. Its all about marketing their image. But what is the use trying to paint a fake pic of the educational system? Its dishonesty. Nice invention though.
u still dey doubt their talent, do u think there is something like small in this wold. Someone might have help them to achieve this but it is their that did it
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Gnosticmovement(m): 8:04pm On Nov 08, 2012
ehie: seriously shut the hell up,what do u know about the infinite capability of the human mind?it is capable of doing anything,age,race,gender regardless,the mind is the greatest asset,that is why the west pump money to grow it to its maximum capabilities,we have three yr old prodigies,seventeen yr old profs and surgeons.u cant see it cos u use urs for po.rn,avarice and debauchery,just shut up
make una wise up na..geez...ehie u chill.....see any engineer dat believes dat dese ss2kids who dont even know what TORQUE of an engine is "built" dis supposed urine generator dat uses a petrol combustion cylinder to combust hydrogen....is simply a disgrace to NIEE....gbam
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by opoke(m): 8:05pm On Nov 08, 2012
going by the story it seems that it is only girls urine that works for powering this gen set, so boys just forget about making money from ur urine
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Horus(m): 8:06pm On Nov 08, 2012
As soon as a Nigerian even thinks of creating a new invention or doing something useful the very first obstacle he encounters are his fellow Nigerians. You will always hear things like: It is not safe, it will not work, it is a lie, he didn't make it, it can't work, it is too crude, it is dangerous, it is rubbish etc, or they will say that Caucasians are making better ones, etc, those are the usual chorus of condemnation we will always hear. But there is virtually no beginning that is not crude, dangerous, cumbersome , slow or even ridiculous. This is just the way it is.
And if a Nigerian innovator persists against great odds, overcomes the "it is not safe" or "it is too primitive" chorus he runs into the next level of obstacle his own government and its agents. Either the government agents demand bribe or they simply criminalize the fellow.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 08, 2012
Curious_city: Nice Invention!!! Like someone said, the teachers are using these students as fronts.
All the same, it's nice that these young minds are tuned towards these types of ideas.

On a second note, will our corrupt leaders/businessmen think of commercializing this?
I recall in 1991(The days of JETS exhibition), a school produce something similar
from organic electrolytes(wild grapes and other plants). After that exhibition in Ibadan
the then minister of science and tech asked the boys who produced it to see her in Abuja.
That was the end of that invention
I wish someone will think of commercializing this product or do more research on the pros/cons of
such product in the society.
world has changed since u've been waiting,info flies faster than light.the possibilty that everyman is capable of generating fuel is mindblowing,every revolution starts with an idea
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Gnosticmovement(m): 8:24pm On Nov 08, 2012
Kk...enough argument...if dis thing is for real...guess its gonna be on air soon...den companies are gonna try n lay dier hands on it...so lets say in a year we should be using urine to power our houses and cars...PIPE DREAM....
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Gnosticmovement(m): 8:27pm On Nov 08, 2012
Geez..my 3 year old cousin just invented a transformer dat can use DC.....wow..its easier to believe dis ish...lol
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by captalex(m): 8:28pm On Nov 08, 2012
bright007: there is something fishy about this story...the four inventors are in the range of 14-15 years of age and are from Nigeria....a country where even our Professors cant produce tooth-pick...which school did this gurls attend?...so many kwessions to ask about this crap of a story?

Doregos Students All the way.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 08, 2012
Sean Dre:

This only shows how low some Nigerians think of themselves. I guess while in school you are the kinda student that only learn wteva the teacher has to say. This is ict age, and learning really has no walls. And pls when you refer to Nigeria on Educational issues don't generalize cuz we know some/most are educationally disadvantaged and backward. Maybe that's where you are coming from.
In the West we are proud to lead whilst others follow.

Btw, would you post this crap above if it says the girls are Japanese
pls get out my head! U stole d words outta my mouth..i cudnt have said it better.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by einsteine(m): 8:33pm On Nov 08, 2012
ehie: seriously shut the hell up,what do u know about the infinite capability of the human mind?it is capable of doing anything,age,race,gender regardless,the mind is the greatest asset,that is why the west pump money to grow it to its maximum capabilities,we have three yr old prodigies,seventeen yr old profs and surgeons.u cant see it cos u use urs for po.rn,avarice and debauchery,just shut up
Ms Ehie, this is not an invention. We are being made a laughing stock online. Check the reddit thread on this 'invention' and you would see just how much of a fool that principal is. Btw, did you do chemistry in school?
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Oahray: 8:37pm On Nov 08, 2012
so you feel insulting a person you know nothing about is evidence of a mind at maximum capacity? I wouldn't be drawn into a war of words with you, no be your fault. If you knew even the most basic things about electrical machines or torsion or torque, or the potentially explosive nature of the hydrogen gas (and how to work safely with it), you wouldnt be saying this. Most of these things are not taught in Nigerian secondary schools.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by chinwewale: 8:42pm On Nov 08, 2012
topsyking: RUBBISH invention....
Ewu,which one have you invented?ºmscheeeewwwwº°˚
˚˚°
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 08, 2012
bright007: ...boobsqee or whatever you call yourself,I have always known that you did not attend classes when you were in pry school but don't know if you have turned a new leaf now that you are in secondary school....
Now listen attentively....I âm not doubting the theory nor the possibility of this invention but that these gurls are 14-15 years of age and are Nigerians....its either they lied about their age or they are not Nigerians..
A Nigerian at age 14-15 would still be in secondary school or just finished secondary school where theory and knowledge needed to bring about such an invention such as a urine-powered generator is far beyond their scope.
you really need to be tied to a stake and be shot by some firing squad...! Wtf?! Its ur likes dat have caused nigeria to remain backward..and y'all need to be removed from d scene.
Now @ the bolded, just wtf dyu mean by dat dumb statement??. Well you really do believe dat nothing gud can come from nigerians..14yr olds at dat huh?? Well then..i now know how u view urself as well since you're a nigerian too. U see urself as a backward, low thinking failure.. You're really suffering from inferiority complex and i think you should go see a shrink asap. I'm quite sure if the topic read "an 8yr old chinese girl invented a urine powered generator", you'd probably have given a standing ovation. Talk about being stewpid and dense!
Ur statement bout nigerians really stinks to low hell..
Oh yeah, I also believe there's something fishy bout the story, the girls def dint invent a urine powered generator, but successfully conducted a science experiment where a generator can be powered on using urine. Now wat d hell is strange in dat?? Times are changing so is technology. Dyu think its d same way you were taught in school back then, these girls would also be taught. I repeat times are changing. Ur only just hating dat a younger mind initiated it(even if it was with help), and you old cargo can think of nothing else but straffing dat old hag wife of yours.
Now lest i forget, how is ur palm wine tapping business??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Chuksaluta(m): 8:56pm On Nov 08, 2012
I doubt this story. The mathematics and research that is needed before the design of this generator is too much for this girls, talkless of the construction.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Oahray: 8:59pm On Nov 08, 2012
I notice the majority of people insulting anyone who doubts, are girls. Could it be self-esteem issues, or a false sense of female camaraderie? You don't have to insult anyone to prove a point. Insults come in where your intellect is below par.
BTW, it is not an invention. Urine powered machines (experimental stage) have been around for around a year now. Its simply an application of an already existing invention.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by eelvismd(m): 9:00pm On Nov 08, 2012
lollydyss: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-Powered Generator
[img]http://4.bp..com/-DF6aCEc1k08/UJtPCCRqRCI/AAAAAAAAXEI/NroVJEByFFI/s1600/Urine_powered_generator.jpg[/img]
Possibly one of the more unexpected products at Maker Faire Africa this year in Lagos is a urine powered generator, created by four girls. The girls are Duro-Aina Adebola (14), Akindele Abiola (14), Faleke Oluwatoyin (14) and Bello Eniola (15).

The generator is on display at an exhibition in Lagos Nigeria where people from the tiniest villages to those from big cities are talking about making stuff. This is part of an initiative by ‘Maker Faire Movement’ which seeks to showcase how traditional handicrafts can be a solution in the wake of expensive robot.

Their invention ensures that 1 Liter of urine gives you 6 hours of electricity.

The system works like this:

1. Urine is put into an electrolytic cell, which separates out the hydrogen.

2. The hydrogen goes into a water filter for purification, which then gets pushed into the gas cylinder.

3. The gas cylinder pushes hydrogen into a cylinder of liquid borax, which is used to remove the moisture from the hydrogen gas.

4. This purified hydrogen gas is pushed into the generator.

via BBChttp://www.naijapicks.com/2012/11/nigerian-girls-invent-Generator.html?m=1

My question is how much energy is consumed by the entire process per kW generated because it will be of little or no use if 10 kW is used to produce 1 kW? Remember hydrogen can be produced by electrolysis of water but the energy involved makes it unfeasable as a means of energy generation.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 08, 2012
Foxybone:

Sorry bro, I did that before you.... grin grin grin grin

This guys should bring their generator to my office building to collect urine, infact, urine is now for sale.... Men, new business in town...

On a serious note, thumbs up to the girls for bring in a smelly invention, imagine you storing jerry cans of urine in your toilet because it is cheaper grin grin grin

But on a lighter note... I came 3rd after a hard struggle with Afam4eva grin grin grin grin

Before you start rejoicing, the generator runs on female urine. Your urine go knack the engine....
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 08, 2012
einstein_e: Ms Ehie, this is not an invention. We are being made a laughing stock online. Check the reddit thread on this 'invention' and you would see just how much of a fool that principal is. Btw, did you do chemistry in school?
they may have laughed in reddit,but on another blog,many oyibos hailed their invention,happy now?since u need oyibo certification to believe it

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) / What's This Light Travelling In The Sky? (photo) / Residents Gather As Elephants Are Spotted In Kebbi. See What Happened. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.