Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage (14474 Views)

Why Guys Avoid Pretty Ladies / Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment / Ok. So Why Do Guys Avoid Dark Skin Females? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by marvelck: 9:52am On Nov 08, 2012
Most single guys are reluctant to settle down due to alot of reasons. some of which I shall break down...

1. Freedom: Most guys feel that once they get married, they wont have the freedom to mingle with other girls. since their wives will always be monitoring them or be with them most of the time. and any attempt they make to flirt or have a harmless chat with a girl will always be frown at or misinterpreted by their spouse.

2. Makes Life Boring: To some, life could become boring once they get married. since they are bound to change their lifestyle because of their wife or new status. whether they like it or not, their lifestyle would change. it could be due to economic reasons (since he's now a family man) or his wife is not the going out type. the man would be turned into an indoor man outrightly. cos any move he makes to go out alone on weekends, could be seen by his wife as an opportunity to cheat on her. and as a result his social life becomes zero.

3. More Responsibilities: As a single man, he can afford to live on his small salary or manage his finances well. but with the coming of a wife and the kids later, this is bound to make him think twice before venturing into marriage. he knows his pay check is nothing to write home about, he's not from a rich family that could support him, or has any other business venture to use in sustaining his family, he might be discourage from getting married until he's comfortable enough.

4. Fear: Some guys are simply afraid to take the plunge. they feel they are not ready yet or equipped to be a married man/father.they're not ready to have kids or have some kind of responsibilities thrown at them by a woman/kids. they dont want to change or have someone come into their life and make them adjust their life for her sake. they want to hang out with friends at the bar, watch soccer matches with their pals, leave their clothes anywhere they like, come home anytime they like, date as many girls as they want. they want to be flexible. they feel marriage makes a man rigid and less exciting. though some may claim marriage makes a man responsible. but there're guys who feel marriage takes the excitement out of life. being single to them is more exciting than being married. and as a result, they prefer to linger in it for as long as they want.

5. Greed: surprisingly we also have guys who are reluctant to settle down as a result of greed. they feel the woman is only coming to eat their money and food. they see women generally as a burden. and are not ready to take such burden. this category of guys are those ones that are stingy to their girlfriends. they hid their money from their girlfriends or pretend as if they dont have. they only give a girl money whenever
they want to sleep with her. these ones patronize prostitutes alot. they enjoy being single and living alone. They simply dont want to share their comfort/money with any woman.

These are some of the reasons I know of. But if you know of any other one, feel free to add it to the ones I've mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by Ndoz(m): 11:44am On Nov 08, 2012
1st to comment
dancin kukere gringringringringringrin

18 Likes

Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by otokx(m): 11:44am On Nov 08, 2012
Second to comment, glory be to God grin

14 Likes

Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by obi123: 11:44am On Nov 08, 2012
what of that some guys havent got a clue what they want

1 Like

Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by toluxa1(m): 11:44am On Nov 08, 2012
Lol cheesy
Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by adonisyung(m): 11:45am On Nov 08, 2012
Where is finance? For me am waiting till æ girl come and propose to me

8 Likes

Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 08, 2012
you didn't list Finance?.Money/Ego/Owo/Kudi is one of the major reasons now

3 Likes

Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by MMM2(m): 11:50am On Nov 08, 2012
6. CHEATING : most guyz re not tired of eating different punny undecided
Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by 1800bc(f): 11:51am On Nov 08, 2012
Ndoz: 1st to comment
otokx: Second to comment, glory be to God grin

this guys dey make me laff no be small....the topic no even concern them

13 Likes

Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by CastleandGreen: 11:52am On Nov 08, 2012
Because we don't have wife again in this country, what we have now are FACEBOOK, 2GO, BADOO,
SEXY NAIJA and internet wife. What we are real women and not what i mention.

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by Shieldjnr: 11:52am On Nov 08, 2012
becos they don want to add another problem to theirs

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by oluking: 11:54am On Nov 08, 2012
why is this topic always recycled in different Sentences?
Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by jericco1(m): 11:55am On Nov 08, 2012
Thats right...but i want to get married asap
Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 08, 2012
Anothe thread with silly numbers.
No statistical proof. For ur mind u dey form author!

Hu wan marry, go marry!
If u got sumtin to say, say it!

By d way....... 13th to comment!

1 Like

Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by legacysystems2(f): 12:01pm On Nov 08, 2012
HAZARDOUS MATERIALS DATA SHEET

ELEMENT: Woman
DISCOVERER: Adam
ATOMIC MASS: 45kg to 225kg

PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
1. Body surface normally covered with film of powder/paint
2. Bolls at absolutely nothing, freezes for no apparent reason
3. Found in various grades ranging from virgin material to common ore

CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
I. Reacts well to gold, platinum and precious metals
2. The most powerful money reducing agent known to man

COMMON USE
I. Highly ornamental
2. Can greatly aid relaxation
3. Can be effective cleaning agent

HAZARDS
I. Turns green when placed alongside a superior specimen
2. Possession of more than one is possible but specimens must not make eye contact

27 Likes

Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by DANILSA(m): 12:01pm On Nov 08, 2012
THE MOST IMPORTANT IS FINANCE, MATURITY AND GETTING THE RIGHT PERSON
Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by bright007(f): 12:08pm On Nov 08, 2012
....Your number five point is a vice-versa thing....Most gurls nowadays want an already-made man....they don't want a man who is just starting to build from d scratch...they want an already-made man..angrysad>angryangry

1 Like

Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 08, 2012
I'm scared to marry the wrong woman. And that is also the fear of most guys. Committing my entire life to the wrong woman is the worst(est) mistake any man can ever make in his life span. Marry the right woman = longevity. Marry the wrong woman = short life. Women are nothing but like varieties of fruits you buy in the market. No reasonable man loses his mind cos of love to any woman. F*ck as many pu*sies as u like. And your Your reward in heaven will be more than silver and Golds. God will tell u well-done!
Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by poweredcom(m): 12:19pm On Nov 08, 2012
Haha una no want make d man dey do taste and see - chop varieties before he makes up his mind
Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 08, 2012
17th to comment! Am a firstTimer... There are a thousand and five reasons for not getting married on time... “On time?“ That varies with different folks... U see, this T.O.D is variable... we will name it “x“, You are constant, we‘ll call you, “y“. You are the sole determinant of when you eventually get settled down.
Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by Areaboy2(m): 12:20pm On Nov 08, 2012
legacy_systems: HAZARDOUS MATERIALS DATA SHEET

PHYSICAL PROPERTIES

CHEMICAL PROPERTIES

COMMON USE
I. Highly ornamental

HAZARDS
2. Possession of more than one is possible but specimens must not make eye contact

tongue

presentation, presentation, presentation grin

1 Like

Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by acidtalk: 12:25pm On Nov 08, 2012
A more detailed reason is given below.

Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment

https://www.nairaland.com/1067230/reasons-why-guys-avoid-commitment
Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by thehunted(m): 12:35pm On Nov 08, 2012
[size=14pt]guys are afraid to get married cos of the following reason:

1. they are afraid of marrying an ex-hoe but then its hard to find a girl who isnt.
2.they want to be financially stable
3.some guys see marriage as life imprisonment
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by blackmann(m): 12:41pm On Nov 08, 2012
What's it with this sudden craze about being the first or second to post on a topic? Is there something I'm missing out on?

Pertaining the topic, number 1 applies to me to a T. sad
Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by Sagamite(m): 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2012
marvelck:
5. Greed: surprisingly we also have guys who are reluctant to settle down as a result of greed. they feel the woman is only coming to eat their money and food. they see women generally as a burden. and are not ready to take such burden. this category of guys are those ones that are stingy to their girlfriends. they hid their money from their girlfriends or pretend as if they dont have. they only give a girl money whenever
they want to sleep with her. these ones patronize prostitutes alot. they enjoy being single and living alone. They simply dont want to share their comfort/money with any woman.

These are some of the reasons I know of. But if you know of any other one, feel free to add it to the ones I've mentioned.

Some of you need to go back to school and learn basic English.

How is the description here termed "Greed"? It is "greedy" not to want to spend your money (that YOU worked for) on someone you did not give birth to?

1 Like

Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 08, 2012
Are you a chemist?

PHYSICAL PROPERTIES

CHEMICAL PROPERTIES

COMMON USE
I. Highly ornamental

HAZARDS
Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by Chanchit: 1:13pm On Nov 08, 2012
Ndoz: 1st to comment

This first to comment people are really turning NL into something else, can't you guys just shut up, if you don't have something to say.
Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by gabriel212: 1:14pm On Nov 08, 2012

PHYSICAL PROPERTIES

CHEMICAL PROPERTIES

COMMON USE
I. Highly ornamental

HAZARDS

YOU ARE A BADDEST GUY!!!
Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by oluking: 1:15pm On Nov 08, 2012
thehunted: [size=14pt]guys are afraid to get married cos of the following reason:

1. they are afraid of marrying an ex-hoe but then its hard to find a girl who isnt.
[/size]

so dat is why you no wan marry?
Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by Sagamite(m): 1:30pm On Nov 08, 2012
Why don't you add:

- The dearth of women with the right qualities makes it extremely hard to see a good choice.

- The modern-day value proposition of marriage is inferior to being single after weighing pros and cons.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by tpia1: 1:37pm On Nov 08, 2012
CastleandGreen: Because we don't have wife again in this country, what we have now are FACEBOOK, 2GO, BADOO,
SEXY NAIJA and internet wife. What we are real women and not what i mention.

but you yourself are on the internet and probably every single site you mentioned.
Re: Why Most Guys Avoid Marriage by tpia1: 1:42pm On Nov 08, 2012
thehunted: [size=14pt]guys are afraid to get married cos of the following reason:

these women are sleeping with men, not martians.

and as per finding a girl who is not an ex-hoe, if your lifestyle engenders sowing your wild oats, then where do you expect to meet a girl who isnt helping you do that?

At SU meetings which bore you to death, or which you cant even relate to or attend, in the first place? Is it the village girls who also bore you senseless, and who you have nothing in common with, who you'll now run to for marriage?

true.

[/size]

whether you marry or dont marry, you are still imprisoned one way or another, if that's how you want to see it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Girls, How Would You Like To Be Asked Out? / Is It A Sin To Fall In Love In The Church??? / Suspected Romancelander Who Might Be Dating Out Side Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.