Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

African Nerd - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / African Nerd (61807 Views)

Mosquito Palaver (legend Of The Nerd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Nerd by movmentish(m): 3:34pm On Dec 16, 2012
Redmosquito:
No worry
Guy I'm worried oh,and since he is no longer working for hades then I'll be safe in assuming he won't be visiting aso rock again Your story keeps popping up new questions without giving any hint of answering them......
Looking forward to today's update
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 9:35pm On Dec 16, 2012
movmentish:
Guy I'm worried oh,and since he is no longer working for hades then I'll be safe in assuming he won't be visiting aso rock again Your story keeps popping up new questions without giving any hint of answering them......
Looking forward to today's update
My life is really filled up now!
Bros no vex! I might not update as swiftly or coherently as before. Plenty things for here dey disturb me.
Abeg
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 11:04pm On Dec 16, 2012
Please manage this short update
Something moves within me. I am dead but I yet live. I see Thanatos, the black beast, he comes to claim my soul, he comes to finish the deed.
He nears, I see him. He comes, he is getting closer. His 30 ft body pushes itself forward , and as soon as it reaches me. I gasp awake, ripping the spear from my innate, spewing guts and blood everywhere.
But it is not me, I am not the one that rises from the dead. Something else awaken within me, someone else is in me. My eyes are blood red, the black of my eye, hidden away. My mouth bleeds, my nose bleeds, blood everywhere and guts.
Thanatos staggers back in fear and disbelief.
“WHAT MANNER OF BEAST ARE YOU?!”, he asks
I gyrate about like a drunk, for I am drunk. Drunk with power. Thanatos forms another Spear and lunges at me.
I grab it at its tip, as soon as it almost makes impact. I grab the 10 feet long weapon at its tip. I do not even twitch under its 100 ton weight. No! it is not me that does this things, it is the being within me. The one that has been awoken.
I grab the spear, ripping it in two from the metallic tip.
I stand there smiling, guts dripping from within me, blood pouring out of the gash in my belly.
I can swear I saw Thanatos trembles, I saw his knees buckle.
And then I did it. I raced towards him at the speed of light, I could feel the heat of friction against my face, I could feel my guts flying out of my wound. Even a god cannot stand my power.
I grab him by the neck, pulling him down. He falls on his belly. I grab his thick, heavy eyelids, raising them open with one powerful arm. After which I proceed to poke his eyes several times with numerous punches.
“Look into my eye!”, I command
He looks into my eye out of fear, and I smile. I touch on the forehead and he screams.
He lets off a terrible howl. A bitter grin on my face as I watch him disintegrate, I watch him crumble and fall, he howls and screams in horror, but soon it is over. Finally his eyelids crumble in my hands. And all that remains in front of me is just a beautiful heap of Ijebu Garri.
I do not do these things. It is something within me that does. And then I fall, I fall into the beckoning heap of powdered power.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 11:41pm On Dec 17, 2012
Will update later guyz! Sorry! Battery too low! sad
Re: African Nerd by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 8:22pm On Dec 18, 2012
G4 things... cool

Mosquito u neva charge ya phone?
abeg no hang persin for hia oh angry

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 11:00pm On Dec 18, 2012
Hope u guys Likey! Abeg! Make una comment your views! I have discovered that some guys are always viewing this story but never comment! I know them oooo! Abeg na! Please comment! Biko! Right now I am Kneeling on my head! grin grin grin
I rise from my rebirth, I rise from the whiteness of Garri. I rise with new found strength, healed wounds and a troubled head.
I see the Herculine walk up to me, her soul shining and glittering in the Hades.
“There is something inside me!”, I mutter, “There is a strange evil within my soul! I feel it!”
But she just stares there, her phantasm countenance as white as snow. Her face flickering with an unknown spiritual emotion. All other souls too seem to be staring at me. No! Not me! Something behind me.
The expression on their ghost faces is indescribable, at least to me. I turn to look behind me.
And then I understand the emotion on their faces. I know why the Herculine went flickering white. It was fear. Cerberus stands above me. Foaming at the three mouths, canines bared from its three heads. Saliva, thick, smelling and slimy, drips out of its orals, unto my head and face.
Thanatos is a god, he scared the darkness out of me with his true form. But he does not compare to the horribility ( if there ever is such a word), he does not compare to the horribilty of Cerberus.
Three gigantic heads on a more gigantic body. Claws long as the full length of man, fur thick as steel, black as tar. Demi-gods will fall at its feet; even some lower gods are no match for this evil beast.
It is trying to tell me something. I see its three black lips twist into an unfamiliar flare, showing the dirty brown teeth behind. I move closer to hear it. Oh! It was only letting off a low growl, nothing to worry about.
CHRUNK!!
Yep! That is the sound of slicing flesh and breaking bones. God! It was so fast, so fast even I didn’t see it coming. It is thrashing me around now. One mouth has my shoulder, the second has my right leg. The third is trying to get a hold of my crotch! What the f**k! It is after my third leg.
I hit it in the eye, brutally. Why wont I? The Damn thing is after my manhood! It legs go off me, throwing me high into the air, far from it.
I stand upright, swaying left and right from loss of blood and concentration. The beast stares me in the eye from afar. Oh! Now I know why it wants to kill me. Cerberus is the guardian of the Underworld, he makes sure that no souls leaves. So if I wanna save the pretty miss, then I have to go through it. Damn guard dogs!
Well it cant be that hard. I just beat Thanatos, a god. What can this one do?!
Haaaaaa!!!
My arm, I think I’ve been poisoned. I see white fluids dripping from the bite wound. Pugnacious and slippery fluid, white with speckles of green dissolving flesh in them.
My bicep is shredded! What?! I had to work in the local gym for up to five hours per day just to build that much muscle! Albeit, thin and small! Now it is bleeding and painful! Do you know how hard to is to train in a local gym! To raise mechanic iron and car parts just to grow muscles!
Haaa! Now I am mad.
Cerberus claws away at the dirt for a while with its hind feet, and then it charges.
I drop to my knees. Anger warms in my blood, and I let out a loud shout of command.
“Centurions! I, the Black Prince, Call on your strength!”
TRABABABABABABABABABABAABDOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!
A white lighting flashed it in the air, striking off the floor here and there, and then it struck me.
NYAAAAAA!!!!
I am raised above the ground, suspended by the supernatural forces of electricity. My body contorted and distorted in pain. My eyelids shut tight in anguish.
I was floating, like this for not up to three seconds. My body held up in electrocution for but such a small period of time. I drop to the black floor, my clothes torn from my body, smoke rising from my skin. I feel a weight in my right hand, it pulls my shoulder down awkwardly. I glance at it, only to find a black club. Not just any black club. The Black Club. The Black Club Of the White Centurion.
Cerberus still charges, I smile. Come doggy. Lemme make you born-again, literally.
Re: African Nerd by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 18, 2012
Hope you guyz likey! I have discoverd that some guyz always read the story but never comment! Please! Biko! Comment na! Ejo! I will like you guys to express your views on this matter!
BTW! Pyguru banned my other account just because I posted the update! It hid the first one and banned me undecided angry. This is the second time I am posting this! angry angry grin grin grin grin

I rise from my rebirth, I rise from the whiteness of Garri. I rise with new found strength, healed wounds and a troubled head.
I see the Herculine walk up to me, her soul shining and glittering in the Hades.
“There is something inside me!”, I mutter, “There is a strange evil within my soul! I feel it!”
But she just stares there, her phantasm countenance as white as snow. Her face flickering with an unknown spiritual emotion. All other souls too seem to be staring at me. No! Not me! Something behind me.
The expression on their ghost faces is indescribable, at least to me. I turn to look behind me.
And then I understand the emotion on their faces. I know why the Herculine went flickering white. It was fear. Cerberus stands above me. Foaming at the three mouths, canines bared from its three heads. Saliva, thick, smelling and slimy, drips out of its orals, unto my head and face.
Thanatos is a god, he scared the darkness out of me with his true form. But he does not compare to the horribility ( if there ever is such a word), he does not compare to the horribilty of Cerberus.
Three gigantic heads on a more gigantic body. Claws long as the full length of man, fur thick as steel, black as tar. Demi-gods will fall at its feet; even some lower gods are no match for this evil beast.
It is trying to tell me something. I see its three black lips twist into an unfamiliar flare, showing the dirty brown teeth behind. I move closer to hear it. Oh! It was only letting off a low growl, nothing to worry about.
CHRUNK!!
Yep! That is the sound of slicing flesh and breaking bones. God! It was so fast, so fast even I didn’t see it coming. It is thrashing me around now. One mouth has my shoulder, the second has my right leg. The third is trying to get a hold of my crotch! What the f**k! It is after my third leg.
I hit it in the eye, brutally. Why wont I? The Damn thing is after my manhood! It legs go off me, throwing me high into the air, far from it.
I stand upright, swaying left and right from loss of blood and concentration. The beast stares me in the eye from afar. Oh! Now I know why it wants to kill me. Cerberus is the guardian of the Underworld, he makes sure that no souls leaves. So if I wanna save the pretty miss, then I have to go through it. Damn guard dogs!
Well it cant be that hard. I just beat Thanatos, a god. What can this one do?!
Haaaaaa!!!
My arm, I think I’ve been poisoned. I see white fluids dripping from the bite wound. Pugnacious and slippery fluid, white with speckles of green dissolving flesh in them.
My bicep is shredded! What?! I had to work in the local gym for up to five hours per day just to build that much muscle! Albeit, thin and small! Now it is bleeding and painful! Do you know how hard to is to train in a local gym! To raise mechanic iron and car parts just to grow muscles!
Haaa! Now I am mad.
Cerberus claws away at the dirt for a while with its hind feet, and then it charges.
I drop to my knees. Anger warms in my blood, and I let out a loud shout of command.
“Centurions! I, the Black Prince, Call on your strength!”
TRABABABABABABABABABABAABDOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!
A white lighting flashed it in the air, striking off the floor here and there, and then it struck me.
NYAAAAAA!!!!
I am raised above the ground, suspended by the supernatural forces of electricity. My body contorted and distorted in pain. My eyelids shut tight in anguish.
I was floating, like this for not up to three seconds. My body held up in electrocution for but such a small period of time. I drop to the black floor, my clothes torn from my body, smoke rising from my skin. I feel a weight in my right hand, it pulls my shoulder down awkwardly. I glance at it, only to find a black club. Not just any black club. The Black Club. The Black Club Of the White Centurion.
Cerberus still charges, I smile. Come doggy. Lemme make you born-again, literally.
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 12:13am On Dec 19, 2012
I tried updating thrice with 3 diff account but pyuguru banned all angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 12:13am On Dec 19, 2012
Guys help me ooooo
Re: African Nerd by Ice4jez(m): 7:52am On Dec 19, 2012
correct red mosqito u get mouth.pyruru abeg no put sand for person garri now.abi u be retardeen cousin
Re: African Nerd by kennykool1(m): 10:42am On Dec 19, 2012
brother redmosquito wallhi u dey try but try to dey update at least twice a day na diz b d only tin wey dey vex me
sha keep d tantalacious totolizin tory coming more ijebu garri to ur almost severed manhood
Re: African Nerd by larride(m): 2:27pm On Dec 19, 2012
More garri to your dried mouth
Re: African Nerd by FoxyRebirth(m): 2:36pm On Dec 19, 2012
Dude... You are always on point jor.... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2012
Foxy_Rebirth: Dude... You are always on point jor.... grin grin grin grin grin

Guy u dey hia dey yarn when u don leave us hanging 4 your side angry
Re: African Nerd by FoxyRebirth(m): 5:28pm On Dec 19, 2012
Oluwafunmilayo95:
Guy u dey hia dey yarn when u don leave us hanging 4 your side angry

O baby.... You are following me na, go and comment on the other thread cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: African Nerd by preciousoz: 7:36pm On Dec 19, 2012
Good Job Red Moss. Been following for a long time *quietly enjoying the story.

Kudos

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Booty4me: 8:20pm On Dec 19, 2012
Frontpage Are they expecting us to start reading from page 0 to 7
Re: African Nerd by caesaraba(m): 8:25pm On Dec 19, 2012
Real nice. I'm definitely starting from the 1st page. Thumbs up REDMOSQUISTO

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 8:29pm On Dec 19, 2012
Booty4me: Frontpage Are they expecting us to start reading from page 0 to 7

No vex!! grin grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 10:22pm On Dec 19, 2012
Choi!! Redmoss, so you don Waka reach front-page.... smiley kiss
Oya update another episode to complete the celebration cheesy cheesy
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 10:44pm On Dec 19, 2012
Oluwafunmilayo95: Choi!! Redmoss, so you don Waka reach front-page.... smiley kiss
Oya update another episode to complete the celebration cheesy cheesy
I am surprised as you ooooooo!!! shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 10:44pm On Dec 19, 2012
Cerberus, misshaped and tortured, it lies on the ground, the damage done to it is beyond disbelief. Claws, that were once as long as 6ft, now lay broken and cracked, the dog is in fact now clawless. Canines, that were once brown and dinosaur-like, all missing, lying here and there. Pffff! I even tied its three tongues together.
In short, Cerberus will be off duty for a while, a very long while.
I try to hold onto the Herculine, but her misty form just dispersed at my touch.
“We cannot touch”, she said,” Just lead the way”
I take her up to the light, away from the cries of souls and torture. I take her up the surface, as soon as we approach the gates of Hell, just some few feet from it. She glances up to me and speaks.
“The assassin! The one that killed me. She said something, she told something about you!”
“What did she say? Tell me, so I can wipe her out of existence!”, I retort
“It would be better if I showed you”, she says
She moves one vaporous arm and places it on my head. I am sucked into a loop of events, I feel my mind pushed away into another.
Everything whitens.
I look up at the sky.
“Hmmmmmm!!!! Blue sky! Where may I be?”, I think to myself
Suddenly I hear granitic voice from behind me.
“You no go commot for road there?! Abi u no hear me?!”
I am still in shock as to how I got here, so I don’t know what this is all about. I agree, I agree that it took me a while to look around me and really open my eyes, but that does not justify what happened next.
PPAAAAAAA!!!!
A blistering slap to my face from behind. I tumble sideways in shock , my arm outstretch like a pigeon ready for flight, before falling into the mud.
The slap was gigantic! Gosh! In my life nobody has ever slapped me like that before, and trust me, a lot of guys have slapped me. As I fall into the mud, it is then that my eyes are opened. It is as if the slap cured me of my blindness.
I see a sort of marketplace, legs everywhere, people ignoring me, just going about their own business. I see the descending end of a bridge, I see LASTMA officials in rags, wait! I think its their uniforms. I see white danfoes, I see tall buildings, I hear overlapping sounds of advertisements and cries of bus stops and the rest, hawkers and beggars and all.
And then a danfo passes by my side, a conductor hanging on the doors, his singlet brown with dirt and oil, that was all he was wearing on top, a ugly parody of a skull tattoo incompetently drawn on his arm probably by some dumb five year old artist, his trouser tattered, pulled down to reveal his boxers. I think he wants to sag in fashion.
This dude ought to be a fisherman. He would make millions, all he need do is just drop his boxer in the water. Walahi! All the fishes within a hundred miles or even more will die, his harvest will more than that dude in the bible, the one that ate a whale, what’s his name?, Jonah?!
As if his rags were not repugnant enough, then there was the face. As wide and big as a billboard’s, this guy does not need to wear any mask for Halloween. Make him just go as he be, he will scare people on his own.
His ugly face, I know everyone is beauty in God’s sight! But men! A roll of weed hangs out of his gigantic lips.
“Why u dey look me like that?!”, he cuts into my thought rashly, “The slap wey I give u from back never do?!”
I am sure he knows about how ugly he looks, and how many stares he attracts.
I just look at him wide-eyed. No wonder the slap hurt so much, na conductor slap be dat.
“You no fit talk!”, he says again. The bus has stopped moving now, the driver is yelling at the market women and hawkers to leave the road.
PIAW!!!
Another slap for face from this ragamuffin. I would have stood up to fight him back, but guy na! See the weed for him mouth, see the half-drunk bottle of gin in his back pocket, this guy is seriously high.
And besides, I can see a small knife poking out a corner in the van’s window.
This second slap sends me into a fit of confusion, you know that feeling of blackness and confusion you get when a conductor or policeman just slaps you wella. Yes! That was how I felt. I just held my cheeks in amazement and confusion. I was just looking blankly around at the passersby who just disregarded the assault, expecting someone to save me from this madman.
While I am in this state of confusion, the ragamuffin runs back to his danfo that is already speeding away without him, as if nothing just happened, and then two white kids come over to me.
They talked calmly to me, me that was still lying on the muddy floor in shock.
“Brother sorry you hear!”, they cooed as they ran their hands all over my pockets. I didn’t even know what to do! I just stared there blankly! The gravity of the slap was still sinking through my skull into my brain! One grabbed my wallet and they both ran away.
WHAT?!
It was this one act of assault that brings me back to reality. My mental status suddenly returns to normal mode. These rubbish kids just stole my wallet?! As I quickly rise from the floor with my regained mental status to pursue them, a young girl hawking bananas walks up to me just at that moment.
“Brother buy banana! It is good for you!”
I delay my planned pursuit of the scoundrels to look at myself up and down. I see myself, assaulted, robbed , and dripping wet with mud. I don’t even know how I got here!
“Do I look like I want Banana?!”, I ask the young girl angrily before pushing her away with an elongated hiss and resuming my search for the little thieves .
As I run about the market place I see the two miscreants walking up to a fine young girl. WOW!! She has curves and front and back and this and that. I take a minute to access the babe, it is not every day you see an angel. She swings back her hair as she bends down to speak to the little devils. What?! It is the Herculine I am about to save, or was about to save, depending on when and where I am.
And then I look up to see a banner hanging above. It reads
IYANA IPAJA

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 11:08pm On Dec 19, 2012
FOXY Rebirth! U are dulling me ooooo! Your story don dey grow cobwebs na! angry angry
https://www.nairaland.com/1122510/begining-end-first-story
Re: African Nerd by Samxiulee: 1:20am On Dec 20, 2012
Gwad dammit,now am going to get addicted to this masterpiece.......red moss..thankyou.

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by PeterKbaba: 3:37am On Dec 20, 2012
Re: African Nerd by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 20, 2012
Red hot mosquito,love your lines men!!!
Re: African Nerd by FoxyRebirth(m): 8:54am On Dec 20, 2012
Redmosquito: FOXY Rebirth! U are dulling me ooooo! Your story don dey grow cobwebs na! angry angry
https://www.nairaland.com/1122510/begining-end-first-story

Oga o... No vex.... All this Christmas frenzy na im dey cause am.... cheesy cheesy cheesy

NOW THAT THE YEAR IS ENDED AGAIN

Now that the bell is ringing
Loud on the church tower
Should we a lullaby sing
Or go hide under some covers
Now that the day is approaching
The preparations for it frenzied
Should we go harmattan skating
Or wait home for the frozen turkey
The rush is surely on in the streets
Everyone wants to make it big
Wish our mind will go to the northern city
In preparation their grave they do dig

Celebrate the birth of the Saviour
Sing carols in front of lighted candles
The smell of pudding you can savour
Tasting it with long spoon handles
Put on the best clothes and go party
Under the moonlight on a crowded beach
You might end up becoming naughty
Being called son-of-a-bitch
But celebrate while the moment last
Dance to the music now that you’ve got energy
Cool to pull the curtain on the cast
Clap your hands for the mouthed clergy

Now stop and think for a while
Did my year go as planned
How about my resolution I had cried
On the first day which was number one
Did my target reach its expectation
Or I just watched it blown away
Flowing with the tide of the nation
My legs slippery not holding sway

Now that the year is ended again
Will I pause for a moment to pray
Or party like it is the end of the world
Singing huskily from my vocal chords

THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: African Nerd by Mutaino7(m): 9:18am On Dec 20, 2012
I think the writer really needs encouragement for this exceptional piece. More power 2 ya elbow
Re: African Nerd by FoxyRebirth(m): 9:37am On Dec 20, 2012
Where you dey now... Redmosquito grin grin grin grin

Re: African Nerd by Warlord3000(m): 9:49am On Dec 20, 2012
Okay... U̶̲̥̅̊ better not try to dessert us here in IYANA-IPAJA...

Oya make we continue jare...

Chai... Suspense no good at all oooo
Re: African Nerd by micki83(m): 9:50am On Dec 20, 2012
Red,we did it! We finally did it!we finally made front page...yaaaay!!! I'd be dancing azonto right now too,but I'd look like a possessed puppet with mild brain damage,so...lol.but still..."Yaaaaay"!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (29) (Reply)

Out Of The Blue / House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss / Story: A New Dawn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.