Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Which Is The Best Place To Learn Programming In Nigeria? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Is The Best Place To Learn Programming In Nigeria? (16798 Views)

The Best Place To Learn Web Development & Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? / How Long Does It Really Take To Learn Programming( I Want To Know) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is The Best Place To Learn Programming In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 08, 2012
Please which is the best training centre in Nigeria to learn programming thoroughly to be able to match the guys at Microsoft, Adobe and Autodesk? Or do I have to leave Nigeria to consult the programming gods overseas?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Best Place To Learn Programming In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 08, 2012
In front of your pc monitor

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Is The Best Place To Learn Programming In Nigeria? by GideonG(m): 8:01am On Nov 09, 2012
learn on your own! everything you will ever need to master programming is online.
search google and youtube and you will be on your way to learn fast!!! forget
training centers and save your money to buy webhosting, domains etc.

4 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Place To Learn Programming In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 10, 2012
Una be fool: In front of your pc monitor
GideonG: learn on your own! everything you will ever need to master programming is online.
search google and youtube and you will be on your way to learn fast!!! forget
training centers and save your money to buy webhosting, domains etc.

What if I say I want to attend to a training school, where will you recommend for me?

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Place To Learn Programming In Nigeria? by GideonG(m): 10:01pm On Nov 12, 2012
I Can never recommend any training inst. What they will teach you there is outdated!
follow the direction of the world don't be an old school , you will be left behind!
Most good programmers are self taught! visit these three sites below and thank me later
www.phpacademy.org
www.codeacademy.com
www.thenewboston.com
you can start with code academy and learn fast!or the other two website for the best
video tutorials you will ever need to succeed in programming. We don't have time to
waste***there is a new way of learning and if you don't know it, you will be doing it
the old school way and be totally left behind! We are in the technology age***

Let's wake up, small children in the USA are already developing apps for iPhone and Android
go to any institute and spend two years and be left far far far behind!

11 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Place To Learn Programming In Nigeria? by Bossman(m): 7:04pm On Nov 13, 2012
My suggestion would be to not attend a training school. It would take a lot of dedication and hard work, but you are best doing it on your own.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Place To Learn Programming In Nigeria? by mexzony: 8:25am On Nov 14, 2012
Learn on your own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Best Place To Learn Programming In Nigeria? by infouniabj: 8:26pm On Nov 14, 2012
Afrihub uniabuja
Re: Which Is The Best Place To Learn Programming In Nigeria? by Z8(m): 10:55am On Nov 19, 2012
From experience the best place to start is on your own. U'll find almost every resources u need online..ofcourse u don't expect to be a pro just like that...that I said "start". But as u move on u'll begin to know the next step on your own. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Place To Learn Programming In Nigeria? by Youngzedd(m): 9:27pm On Nov 19, 2012
GideonG: I Can never recommend any training inst. What they will teach you there is outdated!
follow the direction of the world don't be an old school , you will be left behind!
Most good programmers are self taught! visit these three sites below and thank me later
www.phpacademy.org
www.codeacademy.com
www.thenewboston.com
you can start with code academy and learn fast!or the other two website for the best
video tutorials you will ever need to succeed in programming. We don't have time to
waste***there is a new way of learning and if you don't know it, you will be doing it

Let's wake up, small children in the USA are already developing apps for iPhone and Android

Best suggestion so far.

+100

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Place To Learn Programming In Nigeria? by carditech: 1:37pm On Aug 22, 2016
The fastest and surest way to be a master at any skill is to learn from and be mentored by great masters.
Learning on your own is good, saves you money but takes you longer to fulfil your dreams.
Choose to learn from experts and become one.
You would save valuable time and get to your destination faster.
At IT Skill centre, you will be trained, mentored and supported to become a super programmer

wealth mindset: Spend money to buy more time to make more money
Poverty mindset: Spend time, save money that is never enough.

1 Share

Re: Which Is The Best Place To Learn Programming In Nigeria? by RobinHez(m): 9:08am On Sep 29, 2016
carditech:
The fastest and surest way to be a master at any skill is to learn from and be mentored by great masters.
Learning on your own is good, saves you money but takes you longer to fulfil your dreams.
Choose to learn from experts and become one.
You would save valuable time and get to your destination faster.
gbam!
Re: Which Is The Best Place To Learn Programming In Nigeria? by AlwaysUltraPad: 2:51pm On Jul 25, 2017
GideonG:
I Can never recommend any training inst. What they will teach you there is outdated!
www.phpacademy.org
www.codeacademy.com
www.thenewboston.com

I love this. What if one needs to own a certificate of competence like it's required mostly in Nigeria if you want to work in an organization and not private practice, don't you think it's OK to enroll?
Re: Which Is The Best Place To Learn Programming In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 25, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
I love this. What if one needs to own a certificate of competence like it's required mostly in Nigeria if you want to work in an organization and not private practice, don't you think it's OK to enroll?
its better to enrol, so you have something to back it up, and it also boost your cv
Re: Which Is The Best Place To Learn Programming In Nigeria? by tunasha(m): 7:18pm On Jul 25, 2017
AT tunasha lagos
Re: Which Is The Best Place To Learn Programming In Nigeria? by Dclique(m): 2:01pm On Apr 07, 2019
NIIT or Aptech, but its not cheap. You need to have at least 200k to learn any programming language in a recognised IT training school like NIIT or aptech. If you want to check else where see a list of the best it training institutes in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Place To Learn Programming In Nigeria? by Lorenzop: 4:44pm On Apr 07, 2019
If you are in Enugu and wish to learn programming, send me a pm
Re: Which Is The Best Place To Learn Programming In Nigeria? by Chydobe: 9:43am On Jul 10, 2019
As a beginner, it isn’t advisable to learn how to code by paying exorbitant fees learning how to code. There are lots of free online coding websites, materials and books. Obviously, scouting for these free online coding website and books could really be tasking. NOT TO WORRY. WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED.

In this article, (as a beginner) we will show you where to learn how to code (basics of coding), and where to get free online coding materials, coding for beginners’ book and free coding guides for free. Click on link below

https://www.techlearnhow.com/2019/07/10/learn-how-to-code-for-beginners-10-free-coding-websites-for-beginners/
Re: Which Is The Best Place To Learn Programming In Nigeria? by TobbyWeb: 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2019
eina:

What if I say I want to attend to a training school, where will you recommend for me?
If you want to attend a training school and you're in Lagos, check out FOFX ACADEMY (www.fofxacademy.com). They have an immersive curriculum, great facility with computers, and their facilitators do jobs for the top tier banks in Nigeria on their IT processes like Access Bank, GTB and the rest... So obviously, they are up-to-date with the latest technologies.
Re: Which Is The Best Place To Learn Programming In Nigeria? by mizella: 2:32am On Jan 21, 2020
Looking for the best place to learn software programming or coding? Visit Goldtech ict hub or Goldtech computer education. They have branches in Surulere and Ikeja Lagos. some of their courses are python, java, Csharp, mobile app development, web programming and more. they are the best in practical training in lagos.
www.goldtech.com.ng

Re: Which Is The Best Place To Learn Programming In Nigeria? by Techibytes: 7:32pm On May 28, 2021
If you have interest to learn coding or programming especially in Lagos. You should check this recommendation. There's a centre you can enrol,learn first, get job before you can pay tuition.

https://techibytes.com/10-most-reliable-places-to-learn-coding-in-lagos/

(1) (Reply)

I Want My Son To Be A Programmer, How Do I Go About It / The Best Magento Marketplace Multi Vendor Module Only $299 By Magebay.com / List Of All IT Certifications 1611

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.