Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications (15853 Views)

Police To Promote Junior Officers With Higher Qualifications – IG / Show Off Your Qualifications Here / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by toptop: 9:02am On Nov 09, 2012
During the 50th induction ceremony of the institute the president informed the audience that the Council members of ICAN has hence forth decided to disallow direct conversion of foreign student qualifications as was formally obtained. He stated that they will now be subjected to qualifying examinations. Please what does this imply?
Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by toptop: 11:02am On Nov 09, 2012
All you guys preparing for ACCA and CIMA, just bear in mind that there is no more shortcut to ACA. You will still have some exams to pass.
Na wah oh!
Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by testament007: 11:29am On Nov 09, 2012
Hmmmmm
Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by sherrylo: 11:37am On Nov 09, 2012
Ok
Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 09, 2012
It is a welcome idea. Since the foreign professionasl does not allow ACA direct membership why does they need to be given easy access to ACA.

3 Likes

Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by sharpman1(m): 11:43am On Nov 09, 2012
lol...........i dey laugh!!!

By the way, you don't have Board Members in ICAN..........you probably meant Members of the Council.
Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by slimming: 11:45am On Nov 09, 2012
Ayorinde S: It is a welcome idea. Since the foreign professionasl does not allow ACA direct membership why does they need to be given easy access to ACA.

agreed.

1 Like

Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by lovejo(m): 11:48am On Nov 09, 2012
ICAN is becoming joke.
Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by clemmonce(m): 11:52am On Nov 09, 2012
Ayorinde S: It is a welcome idea. Since the foreign professionasl does not allow ACA direct membership why does they need to be given easy access to ACA.
bros easy on the english tinz. the bomb much. next time use your native language or dont comment just observe.

17 Likes

Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by JoeMosco(m): 11:53am On Nov 09, 2012
lovejo: ICAN is becoming joke.
are you sure you know what ICAN is?
This is rather a boost to the sovereign nature of ICAN:

2 Likes

Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by Clemzy16(m): 12:00pm On Nov 09, 2012
Really?!
Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by brotherlyn(m): 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2012
It's all part of a strategic brand balance and maintaining relevance in the global industry.

They are all governed by IFRS and so they must write. I just hope this will not jerk up the
registration, exemption and examination fees to be paid in lieu of next diet examination.
Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by chyseth(m): 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2012
that is a great move. am totally in support of it. ACA no be beans. u wan try? *winkx*
Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by tompat86(m): 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2012
or[color=#000099][/color]
clemmonce: bros easy on the english tinz. the bomb much. next time use your native language or dont comment just observe.
clemmonce: bros easy on the english tinz. the bomb much. next time use your native language or dont comment just observe.
or make he send us sms....or u fit do rehearsal before u comment
Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by sharpman1(m): 12:08pm On Nov 09, 2012

You are wrong!!! ICAN is not becoming a joke. It is understandable that they have to protect their turf.
Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by sharpman1(m): 12:16pm On Nov 09, 2012
brotherlyn: It's all part of a strategic brand balance and maintaining relevance in the global industry.

They are all governed by IFRS and so they must write. I just hope this will not jerk up the
registration, exemption and examination fees to be paid in lieu of next diet examination.

Holders of foreign qualifications will only write papers that are peculiar to the Nigerian environment....eg Tax, Law, etc.
Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by rodeo0070(m): 12:16pm On Nov 09, 2012
You are misinformed my friend. ICAN no be beans o! Always relevant.

1 Like

Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by debosalau(m): 12:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
ACCA is better dan ICAN. Dts sumtin we should nt doubt. ICAN members are allowd to write ACCA exams from d professional module. Where will an ACCA member start from wit d calibre of dt qualification.
Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by omosexy1: 12:31pm On Nov 09, 2012
ICAN is scared of becoming irrelevant and losing revenue to foreign qualifications. Already employers are accepting these same qualifications as par with ICAN. The move is a welcome development. However, I wonder what it would do to make ICAN relevant.
Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by dano123: 12:40pm On Nov 09, 2012
a very good move by ICAN. 100% supported
Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by antontech(m): 12:49pm On Nov 09, 2012
Nawaoh,so study abroad is not valued again.Thumbs up
Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by crispgg: 12:49pm On Nov 09, 2012
I expect ANAN to take advantage of this situation. All those with ACCA need is the ability to set up there own firms in Nigeria. With ANAN membership, they can do that. Imagine the credibility that they will gain when they have a huge number of ACCA members joining them. In a few years, they will be at par with ICAN.

1 Like

Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 09, 2012
crispgg: I expect ANAN to take advantage of this situation. All those with ACCA need is the ability to set up there own firms in Nigeria. With ANAN membership, they can do that. Imagine the credibility that they will gain when they have a huge number of ACCA members joining them. In a few years, they will be at par with ICAN.

Until ANAN becomes a member of IFAC, there is no way ACCA will form a partnership with ANAN.
Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by stupor(m): 1:30pm On Nov 09, 2012
Nice one ! but why ?
Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by horlajide: 1:31pm On Nov 09, 2012
hopeyemmy:

Until ANAN becomes a member of IFAC, there is no way ACCA will form a partnership with ANAN.

Well said!!!!
Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by Kingpusky: 1:33pm On Nov 09, 2012
This is a very nice move by ICAN. The Reputation Capital of ICAN has just increased. Congrats to all the ACAs and FCAs
Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by highlandre(m): 1:36pm On Nov 09, 2012
I support the ban on conversion of foreign qualifications. A lot of people just brandish foreign certificates that can't be defended. At times, the process of obtaining those qualifications is questionable
Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by lafuria1(m): 1:46pm On Nov 09, 2012
me just they read thread no understand anaything. i know ICAN as an accounting body sha. i dey hail una.
Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by toyemi(m): 1:56pm On Nov 09, 2012
This is a welcome development as it enhances the credibility of ICAN at global level.As per ANAN, they should try and get the registered with IFAC.
Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 09, 2012
highlandre: I support the ban on conversion of foreign qualifications. A lot of people just brandish foreign certificates that can't be defended. At times, the process of obtaining those qualifications is questionable

I take it that you don't know the foreign certificates being mentioned here. Because if you do, there is no way you will question their authenticity.
To me, I see this move as a way of aligning owners of foreign certificates with happenings in the Nigeria accounting sphere. Hence courses like
Taxation and Public Sector Accounting will be made prerequisites.

1 Like

Re: ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications by tohirah(f): 2:19pm On Nov 09, 2012
Thats a welcome development. The people with the forign qualification might not be familiar with our laws here like the tax law,biz law,audit processes,public sector acct. Thumps up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Do You Do For A Living ??? / More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! / He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.