Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business (8357 Views)

Is GTBank Forcing Customers To Open Current Accounts? / Customers To Provide National Identity Number At Banks / How To Attract Customers To My Salon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by BrandKing: 9:25am On Nov 09, 2012
To be successful, a business needs many things, but there is one essential which can be tricky for you to get hold of: customers.
Almost every other element needed to run a business is under your control. You choose the products, the prices and the infrastructure needed to deliver. You raise the working capital, either from private sources or corporate lenders.
But getting customers is harder. You need to persuade people to walk into your premises and make a purchase, or visit your website and press that button which says ‘buy now’. Here are some suggestions to help get people through the real, or virtual, door.

1. Know who your customers are.
Many start-ups make the mistake of aiming their marketing at everyone. They’re so worried that they’ll miss an opportunity that they try to target every possible purchaser at the same time. The truth is that some people, or businesses, will be much more likely to buy your product than others. It will pay to invest time in working out exactly who they are.

2. Use the right marketing channels
You have never had so many ways in which to reach potential customers. Traditional advertising, online advertising and social media all offer lots of options. Once you’ve identified your target market, you can work out which methods of advertising are most likely to reach them.

3. Learn all you can from every customer
Every person who buys from you can be a rich source of information. Don’t be afraid to find out all you can about how they heard of your business, why they chose to buy from you, how they found the experience and whether they’re willing to recommend you to others. All that information can help you better understand what’s working and what isn’t, and how to focus your marketing more effectively.

4. Turn a one-time customer into repeat business
You make more profit selling to existing customers, because the overall cost of sale is much less. So you need to find ways of bringing customers back for more. This could be a loyalty card, sending them regular emails, offering a purchasing experience that they enjoy, or a combination of all of these.

5. Never take your customers for granted
Their business is being sought by your competitors, so never assume that they’ll keep coming back to you. You’ll need to work hard to retain their loyalty.

As part of our promise to make more business have an oline presence before the end of the year, We are giving out a Bumper promo of getting a standard website, Customized business proposal and also Sales Strategy and Tips Manual all starting from N15,500 (Fifteen thousand, five hundred naira only).

Promo start from Friday the 30th of November and ends Thursday, 20th December 2012.

For Further information - 01-8127254, 08034010652
contact@niriominteractivesolutions.com, info@niromanddoch.com

or visit - www.niriominteractivesolutions.com or www.niromanddoch.com

8 Likes

Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by Olayinka777(m): 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2012
Good one thanks!
Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by Sagytarius(m): 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2012
Bookmarked, Thanks.
Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by Afam4eva(m): 3:22pm On Nov 09, 2012
Good advice.
Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by Robena: 3:26pm On Nov 09, 2012
very interesting thank u and God bless
Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by sauceEEP(m): 3:31pm On Nov 09, 2012
@op an addendum is relationship management.
Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by Emmy9ite(m): 3:32pm On Nov 09, 2012
Nice one bro. One other thing, always put yourself in the position of your customer. Do to your customers what you will want other sellers to do to you.
Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by NET1(m): 3:34pm On Nov 09, 2012
thanks for these tips.

.NET
Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by bunchyproject(m): 3:45pm On Nov 09, 2012
Bless
Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by slimming: 3:51pm On Nov 09, 2012
Consultant indeed.
Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by johndavid1(m): 4:16pm On Nov 09, 2012
9ice tips kudos
Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by SisiKill1: 4:45pm On Nov 09, 2012
OP your tips are very nice. . .for Normal Businesses but for Nigerian business? Abeg the first tip should be - BE NICE AND COURTEOUS.

I can't count how many times I have had to ask a receptionist or cashier or some manager or bank teller if we've met before and they are like, no why do you ask? And I go I am just wondering if I need to apologize for something I did to you the last time we met with the way you squeezing your face and spitting your responses back.

Typical Conversation goes like this

Someone enters the office, the reception waits until the person says Good morning before she answers. . .does not even look up from whatever she is doing.

Receptionist - (frowning her face like she's just eaten baby poo) Goo morrin, can i help you?

Person - Yes, I am here to do to get this papers signed. Apparently I need the manager's signature on this to get blah blah blah.

Reception - What?

Person - (slower and a bit confused) I said I am here to do so and so. . .am I in the right place?

Receptionist (frowning harder like spoilt egg has been added to the baby poo) - Yes, you are but we don't do that on Fridays.

Person - Oh? No one told me that when I called.

Receptionsist (Now rotten milk is now part of the diet) - Ehn maybe you called the wrong place.

Person - No I didn't, I specifically called the number I was given when I came here on Monday and was told the manager is not always on seat on Mondays. The gateman gave me a card and told me to call that number and I did.

Receptionist - (More rotten milk) - Why are you collecting number from the gateman? He does not know anything about what we do.

Person - (Brings card out) this is the card he gave me. . .it says call to these numbers for questions.

Receptionist (with a side of cow dung) - That is our head office number, they don't know what we do here.

Person - Okay, so what do I do now?

Receptionist - Like I have told you before we don't do that on Friday, maybe you should come on Monday.

Person - But I was here on Monday and they told me the manager is not on seat on Mondays.

Receptionist - Ehn he is not here but you can submit the form and when he come on Tuesday, he will sign it then.

Person - So I can pick it up on Tuesday?

Receptionist - No

Person - Why not?

Receptionist - Because we still have to laminate it.

Person - You can't laminate on Tuesday?

Receptionist - No.

Person (Taking deep breaths) - Why not?

Receptionist - Because the laminate place only open on Wednesday.

Person - There is only one laminating place?

Receptionist - No

Person - Okaaaay, why can't you laminate it somewhere else.

Receptionist - Oga, your question is becoming to much oh. That is just how we do our business.

Person (trying to hold on to the their temper) - Okay, alright. Okay Fine.

Starts walking out

Reception - So You are not coming on Monday?

Person - (Angrily) What do you you mean so I am not coming back on Monday? Do I have a choice? Of course I am coming back on Monday.

Reception - Ehn, Ehn, Please oga don't shout on me oh, I am somebody's wife.

Person - Why won't I shout. How can you ask me if I am coming back on Monday when you told me I have to come back on Monday to get things done.

Receptionist - I only asked because you didn't set an appointment.

Person - I have to set an appointment? To submit the papers?

Receptionist - Yes.

Person - I wasn't told that

Receptionist - eh, eh Oga shebi I just told you naa

Reaches over the desk and strangles Receptionist.

Receptionist - So are you setting appointment or not. I have to go for my break oh.

Person snaps out of fantasy of strangling receptionist and walks back to desk in resignation to make an appointment. Starts walking out of office

Receptionist (smiling sweetly) - Oga, you will just leave like that? You won't even give me something for weekend?

Door Banging.

14 Likes

Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by nwapastor: 5:13pm On Nov 09, 2012
Na wao!
Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 09, 2012
Sisi_Kill: OP your tips are very nice. . .for Normal Businesses but for Nigerian business? Abeg the first tip should be - BE NICE AND COURTEOUS.

I can't count how many times I have had to ask a receptionist or cashier or some manager or bank teller if we've met before and they are like, no why do you ask? And I go I am just wondering if I need to apologize for something I did to you the last time we met with the way you squeezing your face and spitting your responses back.

Someone enters the office, the reception waits until the person says Good morning before she answers. . .does not even look up from whatever she is doing.

Receptionist - (frowning her face like she's just eaten baby poo) Goo morrin, can i help you?

Person - Yes, I am here to do to get this papers signed. Apparently I need the manager's signature on this to get blah blah blah.

Reception - What?

Person - (slower and a bit confused) I said I am here to do so and so. . .am I in the right place?

Receptionist (frowning harder like spoilt egg has been added to the baby poo) - Yes, you are but we don't do that on Fridays.

Receptionsist (Now rotten milk is now part of the diet) - Ehn maybe you called the wrong place.

Person - No I didn't, I specifically called the number I was given when I came here on Monday and was told the manager is not always on seat Monday. The gateman gave me a card and told me to call that number and I did.

Receptionist - (More rotten milk) - Why are you collecting number from the gateman? He does not know anything about what we do.

Person - (Brings card out) this is the card he gave me. . .it says call to these numbers for questions.

Receptionist (with a side of cow dung) - That is how headoffice number, they don't know what we do here.

Receptionist - Like I have told you before we don't do that on Friday, maybe you should come on Monday.

Person - But I was here on Monday and they told me the manager is not on seat on Mondays.

Receptionist - Ehn he is not here but you can submit the form and when he come on Tuesday, he will sign it then.

Receptionist - No

Person - Why not?

Receptionist - No.

Receptionist - No

Receptionist - Oga, your question is becoming to much oh. That is just how we do our business.

Starts walking out

Person - (Angrily) What do you you mean so I am not coming back on Monday? Do I have a choice? Of course I am coming back on Monday.

Person - Why won't I shout. How can you ask me if I am coming back on Monday when you told me I have to come back on Monday to get things done.

Receptionist - Yes.

Receptionist - So are you setting appointment or not. I have to go for my break oh.

Person snaps out of fantasy of strangling receptionist and walks back to desk in resignation to make an appointment. Starts walking out of office

Receptionist (smiling sweetly) - Oga, you will just leave like that? You won't even give me something for weekend?

Door Banging.

frowning her face like she's just eaten baby poo)

substitute for grimacing like she's taking a constipated crap

1 Like

Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by acidtalk: 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2012
oyb:

And you quoted all that to write this?

1 Like

Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 09, 2012
acidtalk:

And you quoted all that to write this?

wazup forum nazi wink
Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by Techwriter: 6:39pm On Nov 09, 2012
The cashless society policy Nigeria is adopting will force a lot of people to do business online. This thread offers you proven strategies to attract customers online
https://www.nairaland.com/1097700/15-proven-ways-build-strong
Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 09, 2012
@OP: Nice Tips.. *bookmarked*
Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by Raxxye(m): 6:59pm On Nov 09, 2012
oyb:

Guy, did u have to quote that long post before writing your short and useless piece of sh.it? SMH!
Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 09, 2012
Raxxye:

Guy, did u have to quote that long post before writing your short and useless piece of sh.it? SMH!

who is this little slowpoke they let out of the looney bin kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by SisiKill1: 7:41pm On Nov 09, 2012
LMAO!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by acidtalk: 7:53pm On Nov 09, 2012
oyb:

wazup forum nazi wink
na me you dey call forum Nazi?
Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by bvc(m): 9:19pm On Nov 09, 2012
Sisi_Kill: OP your tips are very nice. . .for Normal Businesses but for Nigerian business? Abeg the first tip should be - BE NICE AND COURTEOUS.

Reception - What?

Person - No I didn't, I specifically called the number I was given when I came here on Monday and was told the manager is not always on seat on Mondays. The gateman gave me a card and told me to call that number and I did.

Receptionist (with a side of cow dung) - That is how headoffice number, they don't know what we do here.

Receptionist - No

Person - Why not?

Receptionist - No.

Receptionist - No

Starts walking out

Receptionist - Yes.

Door Banging.

You said it all!
Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by jrhymes(m): 10:10pm On Nov 09, 2012
nice one
Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by SuperC1: 7:30am On Nov 10, 2012
Sisi kill nice write up,u spiced †ђξ
Wholo tin up
Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by Thok(m): 10:13am On Nov 10, 2012
Wow.. Needed topic.. Good work @OP
Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by bluelaptop: 11:19am On Nov 10, 2012
@Op nice write up . To add to your list always deliver good quality
Re: Tips For Winning Customers To Your Business by BrandKing: 3:11pm On Nov 11, 2012
you are correct.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Igbos Should Change / CBN Mobilises Ekiti People For Over N150 Unaccessed MSMES Loan / Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.