Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Wande Coal Denies Plans To Set-up His Own Record Label - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wande Coal Denies Plans To Set-up His Own Record Label (3220 Views)

Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records / Davido Denies Plans To Pay Clarence Peters N7m To Reshoot Skelewu Video / Wande Coal - My Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wande Coal Denies Plans To Set-up His Own Record Label by LailaIkeji1: 11:44am On Nov 09, 2012
Award-winning singer/songwriter, Wande Coal, of Mavin Records has announced in a press statement that he has no plans to set up his own record label. The Mavin artist has emphatically denied online reports, stating that he that he wished to set up his own music label. The RnB star reaffirmed his commitment to Don Jazzy’s label and insisted that Mavin provided an enabling environment for him to realize all his ambitions as an artist.

In the press statement Wande Coal expressed his anger at the rumours being peddled that he is dissatisfied with the operations of Mavin Records. He equally stated that he and Don Jazzy had never once discussed the possibility of setting up a new label. He added that it was quite unfortunate that reputable entertainment magazines were sharing unconfirmed news.

“There have been no such plans, and I wish to remain in Mavin Records,” he said.

“Mavin Records is my family and will always remain so. I want to thank all my fans for continuing to support me. We still have a very long journey ahead.”

Wande Coal, born Wande Ojosipe, joined the fast-growing records outfit after leaving Mo’Hits Records, together with Dr SID, Dr Prince, and Don Jazzy, who founded Mavin Records in May 2012. Wande’s songs were included in the Solar Plexus album, featuring songs that have since dominated the airwaves in Nigeria. Wande has collaborated with several other major African artists such as WizKid, Naeto C, Duncan Mighty and R2B.

He has also brought his irrepressible energy when sharing the stage with international acts such as Jay Z, Beyonce, Snoop Dogg, Ciara, Rihanna, Busta Rhymes and many more. Wande has won several awards and his searing vocals can be heard on Solar Plexus in “Forever,” “See me Ri,” and “Pretty Girls.”

The singer is currently working on his second album following the huge successes of “Private Trips” and “Go Low”

http://mavinrecords.com/w/wande-is-going-nowhere/
http://www.lailaikeji.com/2012/11/wande-coal-denies-plans-to-set-up-his.html
Re: Wande Coal Denies Plans To Set-up His Own Record Label by Afam4eva(m): 11:55am On Nov 09, 2012
If he wanted to leave Don Jazzy, he bwould have done it when D Banj was still there because koko master was stealing the shine of every other member of Mo'Hits.

1 Like

Re: Wande Coal Denies Plans To Set-up His Own Record Label by sauceEEP(m): 11:55am On Nov 09, 2012
stale...
Re: Wande Coal Denies Plans To Set-up His Own Record Label by slimming: 11:58am On Nov 09, 2012
So, what is the news about this?
Re: Wande Coal Denies Plans To Set-up His Own Record Label by hydiciousb: 12:05pm On Nov 09, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Wande Coal Denies Plans To Set-up His Own Record Label by Decapo: 12:13pm On Nov 09, 2012
Walks in.....mama iyabo abeg give me garri two cups and kuli kuli #5

'll pay u tomorow
Re: Wande Coal Denies Plans To Set-up His Own Record Label by Ndoz(m): 12:37pm On Nov 09, 2012
Good for him

6th to commentundecided
Re: Wande Coal Denies Plans To Set-up His Own Record Label by Chanchit: 12:38pm On Nov 09, 2012
There is no smoke without fire, I'm sure Wande is up to something.

1 Like

Re: Wande Coal Denies Plans To Set-up His Own Record Label by RickyRoss1(m): 12:41pm On Nov 09, 2012
Decapo: Walks in.....mama iyabo abeg give me garri two cups and kuli kuli #5

'll pay u tomorow

I cant believe the staggering number of Nigerians that cannot live without garrrri and kuli kuli
Re: Wande Coal Denies Plans To Set-up His Own Record Label by dridowu: 1:36pm On Nov 09, 2012
Who is Wande Coal?
What is Mavin Record ?
Abeg next topic joor%-)
Re: Wande Coal Denies Plans To Set-up His Own Record Label by CLIQBOY(m): 1:45pm On Nov 09, 2012
If you like create record badge
Re: Wande Coal Denies Plans To Set-up His Own Record Label by eboeboy: 3:40pm On Nov 09, 2012
Laila Ikeji, how much do you pay Seun that 90% of your posts end up on the front page?

Between March and now, you've created 154 topics and 100+ ended up on the front page! shocked And by the way, we are sick of you adding your cr@ppy blog as a link to topics.

2 Likes

Re: Wande Coal Denies Plans To Set-up His Own Record Label by tunnlex(m): 5:10pm On Nov 09, 2012
Re: Wande Coal Denies Plans To Set-up His Own Record Label by Manjay4you(m): 6:47pm On Nov 09, 2012
I cn c u pepu r mental

(1) (Reply)

Download Video: Olamide - Story For The Gods / FREE BEAT - Iyanya - Up To Something Instrumental Remake / Listen To Asa Music Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.