Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

Reasons Why Ladies Keep Their Wedding Dresses From The Grooms Until The D-day - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Ladies Keep Their Wedding Dresses From The Grooms Until The D-day (1340 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / The Wooing Challenge For Men - Season 4(the D-day) / Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Ladies Keep Their Wedding Dresses From The Grooms Until The D-day by mightlove(f): 7:02pm On Feb 01, 2008
I have spoken with many ladies and most prefer to keep their wedding dresses away from the groom until the wedding day.
What do you think are the reasons for this? Some people say its meant to be a surprise to him and some say they will have bad luck in their marriage if the groom sees the dress before that day
House, let me know which is the reason or which is your reason if you have any.
Re: Reasons Why Ladies Keep Their Wedding Dresses From The Grooms Until The D-day by adeboo(f): 7:04pm On Feb 01, 2008
I dont know about bad luck.
But i would say its for a surprise so that he will see her in something new that he has never seen.
Re: Reasons Why Ladies Keep Their Wedding Dresses From The Grooms Until The D-day by NaJaHaJe(f): 7:21pm On Feb 01, 2008
I think the 'bad luck' thing is for over excited brides.

Thier elders knew the importance of the transformation of the 'girl next door in to the princess' and what effect it would have on the man.

The element of suprise is what i would say.
Re: Reasons Why Ladies Keep Their Wedding Dresses From The Grooms Until The D-day by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:29am On Feb 02, 2008
I also go with the surprise. cause i don't believe in that bad luck stuff when the groom sees the wedding gown on the bride before the marriage.
Re: Reasons Why Ladies Keep Their Wedding Dresses From The Grooms Until The D-day by Nobody: 3:38am On Aug 24, 2012
Aha! I have always wanted to post a topic like this.well I work close to a bridal shop and whenever I see customers visiting the place, I get pissed off to see the brides to be with their fiancees coming together to shop for the bride's wedding dress to the extent of the brides wearing the wedding dress in front of their spouses.during my wedding I made sure my husband never saw my wedding dress until my wedding day.you could imagine how he grabbed me and kissed me that day cos I looked so beautiful. "Smiles"

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sacrilege / Can You Marry A Single Parent/divorcee? / Can You A Learned Date An Illiterate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.