Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Facebook Date Who Pushed UNILAG Student From Third Floor Arraigned - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Facebook Date Who Pushed UNILAG Student From Third Floor Arraigned (1260 Views)

50-year-old Man Says Evil Spirit Pushed Him To Molest 2-year-old Girl / Hardship, Wickedness Of Neighbours Pushed Me Into Robbery, Says Suspect (photo) / Witches Pushed Me To defile Nine-year-old Girl, Says Father Of Three (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Date Who Pushed UNILAG Student From Third Floor Arraigned by Lilprocess(m): 2:47am On Nov 10, 2012
A 26-year-old man, who allegedly pushed down his Facebook lover from a multi-storey building over a disagreement over sex was arraigned in Lagos on Friday.
The accused, Arthur Obiora, is facing a three-count charge of threat to life, attempted rape and attempt to causebodily harm at a Tinubu Magistrates’Court.
The prosecutor, ASP A. C. Orji, told thecourt that Obiora met Nkiruka Akabuogu on Facebook (a social media network) and invited her to aclub house in Apapa where they had drinks.
The prosecutor said the pair later moved to Obiora’s house at Block 10, Flat 317, 1004 Housing Estate, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Orji said Obiora, who claimed to be an unemployed graduate of Igbinedion University Okada and the Centennial College, Ontario, Canada, shut all the doors in the apartment and demanded to have sex with Akabuogu.
“This was after he had smoked some wraps of Indian hemp. He tried to rape her and threatened to kill her with a bottle of beer.
The girl, fearing for her life, then jumped down from the third floor of the high/rise building,” Orji said.
The prosecutor said that the incident happened at about 3a.m. on Oct. 31.
“The girl was discovered lying unconscious in a pool of her own blood about 30 minutes later by the security men in the premises who then reported it to the police.
“The police took the girl to a hospital and after she regained consciousness,obtained her statement,’’ Orji said.
“This case highlights one of the major problems of the social media. The young lady went to visit someone she doesn’t know. She met the defendant on Facebook and they had been chatting until Oct. 30,” he said.
Orji said that the offences contravened Sections 56 (A), 260 and404 (1) of the Criminal Laws of Lagos 2011.
The magistrate, Mr Martins Owumi, granted the accused bail in the sum of N200,000 with two sureties in likesum.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that 21-year-old Nkiruka sustained multiple injuries, including a fractured pelvis, and is undergoing treatment at the General Hospital, Marina, Lagos, following the incident.
Nkiruka, a Linguistics student of the University of Lagos, had told NAN on her hospital bed that she went clubbing with the young man she met on Facebook a week earlier, andended up in his family home at 1004 Estate, Victoria Island, Lagos.
She noted that the young man had earlier talked about sex on phone prior to the outing but she told him she was menstruating.
Nkiruka said that on getting to the house, the man tore her dress and tried to rape her.
According to Nkiruka, the man thereafter pushed her down from thethird floor of the building because of her refusal to have sex with him.
But the mother of the young man, who was at home on the night of theincident, told NAN that she was not aware of what happened.
She claimed she slept around 10 p.m.,while the disagreement between thepair started much later.
The magistrate adjourned the case toNov. 30.http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/11/09/facebook-date-pushed-unilag-student-third-floor-arraigned/
Re: Facebook Date Who Pushed UNILAG Student From Third Floor Arraigned by abbeycial: 3:50am On Nov 10, 2012
desperation cud send u to early grave. A word is enuf for d wise nd i hope proper justice wld b meted on sex crazy Obiora. Off record-abeg poster edit that "molestation her" dat grammar wan spoil ma phone screen

1 Like

Re: Facebook Date Who Pushed UNILAG Student From Third Floor Arraigned by teniyi(m): 3:51am On Nov 10, 2012
One day, monkey go go market e no go come back.
Their friendship was built on a wrong foundation and that was why the first meeting was at the club and the consideration was sex. Civilisation na ni!
Re: Facebook Date Who Pushed UNILAG Student From Third Floor Arraigned by tpia1: 4:02am On Nov 10, 2012
only thing I'm seeing are myriads of red flags.

did they smoke the indian hemp together, or was she just waiting(?) while he smoked it?

not saying this isnt a terrible situation, but still dont understand why she agreed to meet him at the club, followed him home after he expressly mentioned s.ex, and all within a week of knowing him.

Unless he jazzed her?
Re: Facebook Date Who Pushed UNILAG Student From Third Floor Arraigned by Nobody: 5:12am On Nov 10, 2012
these girls will never learn! Obviously they'd been having series of sex chats on phone prior to the meeting. Would she have accepted to be intimate with him if she wasn't menstruating? Its about time a lot of these girls knew that in a great percentage of the time, the person you 'see' online is usually different from reality.
Re: Facebook Date Who Pushed UNILAG Student From Third Floor Arraigned by biolabee(m): 11:49am On Nov 10, 2012
does anyone have their fb pages
Re: Facebook Date Who Pushed UNILAG Student From Third Floor Arraigned by Paentera(m): 4:54pm On Nov 10, 2012
She's lucky she survived. Dese girls sef...why she follow him go house in the first place? What did she expect would happen at home? Watch a movie...she's a glutton and a gold digger.
Re: Facebook Date Who Pushed UNILAG Student From Third Floor Arraigned by Callotti: 2:39pm On Nov 11, 2012
Even the most poverty-stricken of Nigerian folk have access to FaceBook!
I guess she has learnt a grave lesson huh? kiss
Re: Facebook Date Who Pushed UNILAG Student From Third Floor Arraigned by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 11, 2012
in an ideal situation,fb is not really a bad place as it where to meet a partner,afterall my flatmate who happened to be my friend when i was an undergraduate met her mr right and dey are happily married with 2 kids so i dont know y people make it seem as if its fb itself dats bad instead of adressing d real issue which is d fact dat NIGERIAN MEN have basterdized fb,dey must always lure and rape,steal or murder their dates and of course married men are not left out.infact some days ago when i went to d saloon,a lady was whinning about how her husband ignores her n chats with his fb galfriend and of which he ha lied to dat one dat he is single,up to d extent of d gal sending her nude pictures to his fone,so really its stupid of any gal trusting a strange man on fb because any man can claim anytin on fb,he can even say he is obasdanjos father

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News / Anabel, A Beautiful Final Year Law Student Was Kill By Cult Boy / Pics: Aunt Cuts Off 3yr Old Nephew's joystick For Entering The Toilet While was

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.