Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,760 members, 7,806,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana (10771 Views)

Legalise Marijuana, Seun Kuti Tells African Leaders / Uruguay Becomes The First Country To Legalise Marijuana Production / Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 4:59am On Nov 10, 2012
Son of Afro-beat king, Fela Anikulapo Kuti, who died 15 years ago, Seun, has condemned the ban of marijuana and cigarette, adding that the position of the law on the two products was illogical.

According to Seun, the favoured cigarette has lethal consequences, while the legally opposed marijuana was medicinal and good for human consumption. But, Seun said, the lethal cigarette was favored simply because it was to the white man’s profit, stressing that marijuana would make black countries richer than the white if legalized.

Seun damned black politicians for taking the white’s advice against its own natural produce of ‘weed’ which he said was good after all and accepting the white’s product which truncates lives.

“Marijuana is medical, and I feel Cigarette is selling legally because it is white man’s business. It is killing millions of people every day. ‘Igbo’ is not killing anybody… Marijuana is not only for smoking. It’s used for a lot of things; you can make clothes, you can drink tea, it is good, it is medicinal, it helps your appetite, they give it to cancer patients.. a lot of benefits”, he said in a tone of finality.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/seun-kuti-flags-off-campaign-to-legalize-marijuana/

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Otutu1(m): 5:11am On Nov 10, 2012
Yeah we know it's good, but remember we are Nigerians and we tend to overdo anything we lay hands upon. As a confam Igbo smoker I think legalizing it will remove the fun from the smoking section, my fellow smokers abi no be so?

11 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Jakumo(m): 5:23am On Nov 10, 2012
Seun Kuti evidently did not learn the lesson his father learned too late - that discretion is better than activism, when it comes to any practice banned by the laws of the land.

If late Afro Beat king Fela had not gone out of his way to publicize his love for weed, he would most likely never have been arrested and humiliated by agents of the military dictatorship to which Fela was openly expressing his opposition at the time.

If great men such as Bill Clinton and Barak Obama are on record has having enjoyed the use of marijuana in their youth, then certainly that relaxant is not as evil a substance as many governments would have us believe, HOWEVER, it is never a good idea to openly challenge constituted laws, even if those statutes are generally accepted to be archaic and un-necessary.

Seun Kuti should have kept his head down and smoked his weed in private. Now he has drawn the attention of law enforcement, by trying to change a law that will most likely outlive him, and that adds up to trouble for Seun, both inside Nigeria, and in airports anywhere he goes in the world.

Trouble dey sleep, but Yanga come go wake am.

15 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 5:27am On Nov 10, 2012
what a d!ckhead, as if Nigerians aren't crazy enough.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 10, 2012
Jakumo: Seun Kuti evidently did not learn the lesson his father learned too late - that discretion is better than activism, when it comes to any practice banned by the laws of the land.

If late Afro Beat king Fela had not gone out of his way to publicize his love for weed, he would most likely never have been arrested and humiliated by agents of the military dictatorship to which Fela was openly expressing his opposition at the time.

If great men such as Bill Clinton and Barak Obama are on record has having enjoyed the use of marijuana in their youth, then certainly that relaxant is not as evil a substance as many governments would have us believe, HOWEVER, it is never a good idea to openly challenge constituted laws, even if those statutes are generally accepted to be archaic and un-necessary.

Seun Kuti should have kept his head down and smoked his weed in private. Now he has drawn the attention of law enforcement, by trying to change a law that will most likely outlive him, and that adds up to trouble for Seun, both inside Nigeria, and in airports anywhere he goes in the world.

You're spot on, bro, discretion & diplomacy's the watchword. Not that i support his 'campaign' though, but there's a saying that only a mad man does exactly the same thing as have bin done before & expects a different result.
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 10, 2012
I have witnessed cases where a seemingly sane person suddenly goes insane and became useless as soon as he/she tasted the deadly marijuana. One was a female nurse and some couple of guys with bright future. @ times I am forced to think that wisdom has nothin to do with age. Smh 4 this man. What is the essence of lagalizing dt sh.1t?

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 10, 2012
Whether it is Legalized or not,people still smoke the stuff.even some of our politicians do smoke marijuana that's why they are so daft and clueless.so ki ni big deal?

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by chucky234(m): 8:58am On Nov 10, 2012
I can see igbho factories springing up in Lagos,more insane agberos on the streets.
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 10, 2012
Marijuana Activist... Everyone has the right to make their voices heard. I heard so many good things about marijuana, and I have also heard many bad things about it too. The government should listen to him and see what's possible. Everyone is entitled to a right to indulge.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Donlouise(m): 9:02am On Nov 10, 2012
Na wetin dem wan legalise again as if people no dey smoke d quay anyhow even sum military and police officers dey follow smoke am so kini big deal.
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by chucky234(m): 9:02am On Nov 10, 2012
Jakumo: Seun Kuti evidently did not learn the lesson his father learned too late - that discretion is better than activism, when it comes to any practice banned by the laws of the land.

Fela will never regret going against the laws or your dumb constitution as they were crafted to oppressed the poor masses,weed or no weed Fela was always going to go against the laws put in place by wicked governments to oppressed the poor while they loot our nation dry and that renders your dumb post useless.

12 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by dapachez: 9:06am On Nov 10, 2012
cry my big cousin went nuts afta smoking the dreaded igbo from kwale and since then he ran mad,has been in chains for fourteen years now,so so sad

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by GeJ79: 9:07am On Nov 10, 2012
LEGALISING MARIJUANA IS NOT THE PROBLEM BUT HOW EDUCATED ARE ORDINARY NIGERIANS AWARE OF THE EFFECT OF MARIJUANA......SEUN PLEASE DON'T COMPARE NIGERIA TO USA IN THIS CASE COS IT WILL LOOK LIKE COMPARING 18th CENTURY TO 21th CENTURY.
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Sunbellar: 9:07am On Nov 10, 2012
Evidently, he is acting on the influence of the overhyped Igbo he had smoked. In any home where there is no good counsellor, the people go astray. Fella did his own in a mere uncivilised era but Seun should ve understood that the society has no time for such rascality where so many people cannot boast of 3square meal, howmuch more smoking his useless Marijuana. Until he is incarcerated and spend his useful life in prison, he may not learn his lessons. Smoking marijuana is complete drug abuse and he should nt pokenose into it medical uses as a non professional.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 10, 2012
Shoe get size,
Okrika get quality,
Madness get degree.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by dont8(m): 9:09am On Nov 10, 2012
This is a case of misplaced priority on the part of Seun, just looking for cheap popularity.

Everyone knows weed is medicinal, but on the other hand, the adverse effect outweighs the supposed benefits.
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 10, 2012
Misplaced priorities.
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by candieangel12(f): 9:13am On Nov 10, 2012
Marijuana should be legalized. Marijuana is less harmful than cigarettes by far. Self, alcohol is more lethal than marijuana. Marijuana is food for the soul lol. But like anything, it can be bad when one gets addicted to it.

4 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by GARRIx7(m): 9:13am On Nov 10, 2012
"Igbo" doesn't need to ßξ legalised. It is readily available to all who desire it..

Even some CHEMISTS in WARRI sell IGBO... grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 10, 2012
And what is this doing on the frontpage ? If he want's to smoke it 24/7 who cares. LFIS
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Redmosquito(m): 9:20am On Nov 10, 2012
Minion: Ur Darkness! Seun wants more Nigerians to smoke marijuana
Hades: Hmm! I expected this to happen. You see mortals enjoy the company of other. He simply doesnt want to go to space alone. He wants to take Nigerians with him.
Minion: Ooh My King! shocked

5 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by akigbemaru: 9:20am On Nov 10, 2012
Who is this idiot called Seun? Your papa shrine has legalized weeds already, what do you want again? You will get locked up for nothing. An ignorant like you can't speak for us.
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:20am On Nov 10, 2012
If it is legalized dat mean u can enter any shop,# igbo smoker: abeg una get igbo 4 here, #seller: yes we get which size u want ? We get craze man size (jumbo size) we get small ones. #smoker: how much una de sell de jumbo size? #seller: jumbo na 200 naira. #smoker: what of de small size kwanu. #seller: na 50 naira each. #smoker: ok bring 4 raps and also help me with matches or lighter. Our society go mad finish cus piple go de smoke igbo any where any time dem want without fear

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Clemzy16(m): 9:22am On Nov 10, 2012
Wat a guan?! Ya mannn.. Gimme da lantern make i burn ma ganja! Thumbs up kuti. Mi feelin u man..
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:24am On Nov 10, 2012
candieangel12: Marijuana should be legalized. Marijuana is less harmful than cigarettes by far. Self, alcohol is more lethal than marijuana. Marijuana is food for the soul lol. But like anything, it can be bad when one gets addicted to it.
talking 4rm experience
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Clemzy16(m): 9:26am On Nov 10, 2012
Redmosquito: B
Lolz.. Even Redmosquito has run out of quotes from hades and minion.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by candieangel12(f): 9:28am On Nov 10, 2012
Ucheosefoh: talking 4rm experience

Uhm dont know what u r implying but im not a marijuana addict. I know some ppl that are addicts and it controls their everyday lives. I smoke marijauna mostly on weekends. I know how to limit myself.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by topsyking: 9:28am On Nov 10, 2012
IT depend on how u take d igbo..Oyinbo talk say OVERdOse no good..
I take my igbo every afternoon..just A wrap..my friend emeka take 3times a day..so it depend on d person taking it..Omo if u take am...Ur mind will be free and Ur head go calm down

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by lawizle(m): 9:30am On Nov 10, 2012
emmysenior: I have witnessed cases where a seemingly sane person suddenly goes insane and became useless as soon as he/she tasted the deadly marijuana. One was a female nurse and some couple of guys with bright future. @ times I am forced to think that wisdom has nothin to do with age. Smh 4 this man. What is the essence of lagalizing dt sh.1t?

Dz is very laffable...wetin nurse dey smoke igbo for oh!heheheheheehe
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Redmosquito(m): 9:34am On Nov 10, 2012
Clemzy16: Lolz.. Even Redmosquito has run out of quotes from hades and minion.
Minion: My Lord used that to secure the space.
Redmosquito: Laptop battery is dead. It is not easy to type on phone

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 10, 2012
Why 9ice Neva run Mad?
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by otigainspires(m): 9:41am On Nov 10, 2012
this igbo smoker, it would be best if he continues smoking his weed in private than advocate for this crazy idea of legalizing it. If only he knows how many lives Igbo has ruined. My secondary school days was hell because some of my friends went astray. The other one is going nut because he's an addict.
Awaiting your arrest because history is about to repeat itself.
Goodluck Brother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kano Discharges Aminu Ibrahim Tsanyawa, 15 Other COVID-19 Patients / Alcohol Addiction / Hiv / Aids Possible Cure Www.baariz.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.