Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,866 members, 7,806,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? (3567 Views)

Understanding Female Circumcision And Its Effect On The Girl Child / Female Circumcision Still Pratice In Nigeria!!! / Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by adahib: 1:05pm On Nov 10, 2012
why is there so much contempt for female circumcision while we embrace male circumcision with open arms? now don't get me wrong,i'm no advocate of female circumcision neither am i against male circumcision but frankly,i have really wondered why everybody,including NGOs,governments,civil society groups and individuals spend their whole time and energy kicking against female circumcision without sparing a single thought for male circumcision.is it that there is nothing wrong with male circumcision?or there are no health implications? or people just like making noise as far as women are involved? i don't know what your take is but i don't feel comfy about it.
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by Gboliwe: 1:11pm On Nov 10, 2012
Women are not circumcised. They are mutilated. Mutilation/mutilate has a negative connotation.
I hope you understand

1 Like

Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by ifyalways(f): 2:03pm On Nov 10, 2012
Gboliwe: Women are not circumcised. They are mutilated. Mutilation/mutilate has a negative connotation.
I hope you understand
hmmmn.
Na grammar, IMO. Both processes simply entails "cutting off skin" .
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by ifyalways(f): 2:13pm On Nov 10, 2012
@topic, aside the generally accepted belief that its an act of obedience to God(Christians and Muslims alike) , i think its a plus for sanity and hygiene !

Who wants to be pulling skin in and out before bathing the kids or "playing" with oga?

My grand dad once told me that uncircumcised men are more liable to mas.turbAte. I asked why and he replied "with the much time they'll spend pulling skin in and out for washing, guess what happens to a man with soap in one hand and kini in the other hand"

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by adahib: 3:56pm On Nov 10, 2012
circumcision na circumcision.my problem still remains,why is there so much hell being raised about female circumcision while nobody gives a rat's a.s.* about male circumcision? abi e good as them dey reduce a whole cucumber to carrot? as for female circumcision,I know people will be all about hygiene and the health implication given the nature of unsterilized equipments used but hey,same goes for male circumcision done outside the hospital.
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by navygrl: 3:55am On Nov 11, 2012
Male circumcision has been proven to decrease the risk of std and cancer. Female circumcision removes the ability to orgasm and increases the risk of infections, std and birth issues. (one type of male circumcision 3 types of female)

1 Like

Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by Dede1(m): 6:15am On Nov 11, 2012
Human beings suddenly became deluded, injected academia into human nature and turned life on earth into a thing of vanity. Act of sex became a very locative business and people demanded equal amount of ecstasy.
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by werepeLeri: 6:32am On Nov 11, 2012
Dede1: Human beings suddenly became deluded, injected academia into human nature and turned life on earth into a thing of vanity. Act of sex became a very locative business and people demanded equal amount of ecstasy.

Thats how a monkey like you thinks.
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by adahib: 11:38am On Nov 12, 2012
navygrl: Male circumcision has been proven to decrease the risk of std and cancer. Female circumcision removes the ability to orgasm and increases the risk of infections, std and birth issues. (one type of male circumcision 3 types of female)

so what you are saying in essence is that there is nothing to lose in male circumcision and nothing to gain in female circumcision?
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by Valon4ego(m): 1:19pm On Nov 13, 2012
Dede1: Human beings suddenly became deluded, injected academia into human nature and turned life on earth into a thing of vanity. Act of sex became a very locative business and people demanded equal amount of ecstasy.
perhaps you can elucidate further. Not sure i understand you
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by navygrl: 1:41pm On Nov 13, 2012
adahib:

so what you are saying in essence is that there is nothing to lose in male circumcision and nothing to gain in female circumcision?
basicaly
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by Dede1(m): 12:03am On Nov 14, 2012
werepeLeri:

Thats how a monkey like you thinks.

From the post above, there is no doubt a monkey arrives at a better deduction than you.
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by Dede1(m): 12:13am On Nov 14, 2012
Valon4ego: perhaps you can elucidate further. Not sure i understand you

What was termed the first profession known to mankind? And what was the reason behind woman circumcision? Why are the majority of groups that originally stood opposition against woman circumcision mostly ladies? Did western civilization play a major part in calls to abolish woman circumcision? What about human beings need to control the action of another?

If you can piece the answers to these questions together, you shall begin to understand my plank.

Personally, I detest the idea of circumcising a woman because of its original intent.
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 14, 2012
I still prefer no circumcision to both parties. Nothing taste better than two uncircumcised couple ha.ving fun. cool cool
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 14, 2012
Vikin: I still prefer no circumcision to both parties. Nothing taste better than two uncircumcised couple ha.ving fun. cool cool

Are you for real? - have you seen uncircumcised dycks and how weird they look?

You probably love white men... undecided
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by slimyem: 7:23pm On Nov 14, 2012
shymexx:

huh?
What is it about white men?
They don't get circumcised?
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by adahib: 8:26pm On Nov 14, 2012
Vikin: I still prefer no circumcision to both parties. Nothing taste better than two uncircumcised couple ha.ving fun. cool cool

i may agree with you but not because of the sex thing but because of equal right and justice.circumcision for both or none.what is good for the goose should by all means be good for the gander.
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 14, 2012
Have u seen an uncircumcised male dyck?? You'll understand why....Togo men lipsrsealed

I also agree with Gboliwe.
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 14, 2012
slimyem: huh?
What is it about white men?
They don't get circumcised?

Most white men don't get circumcised... grin undecided
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by slimyem: 10:06pm On Nov 14, 2012
shymexx:

hmmn...
That's news to me..
So what about you?
Are you circumcised?
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 14, 2012
slimyem: hmmn...
That's news to me..
So what about you?
Are you circumcised?

Got my long johns circumcised from my mum's womb... grin
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by slimyem: 10:19pm On Nov 14, 2012
shymexx:

Got my long johns circumcised from my mum's womb... grin

Can i confirm??
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 14, 2012
slimyem: Can i confirm??

You have to come to my yard for that...

And can you handle the big and oversized type? - my thing gives bladder infection and it's proper African lol..

I'm almost 6'3, so you should know dem thangs got massive size on 'em...
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by pleep(m): 11:50pm On Nov 14, 2012
I think this is the best example of anti male sexism in the world today. @ OP its the same reason why breast cancer research dwarfs prostate cancer research like 1000 to 1 even though more people die of prostate cancer. I actually did research on this. Apparently the un-circumcized male Instruments has around 20,000 nerve endings (these send pleasure signals to the brain) but circumcison reduces this number to 4000! Basically us circumcized men feel up to 5 times less pleasure from sexual activity than we should.

Even though we have higher sex drives, clitoral stimulation for women is twice as intense than penile stimulation for men. This because chicks have 8k nerve endings to our 4k. So basically girls have the potential to enjoy sexual activity much more because they don't have to get circumcized but dudes do all the work to initiate sex. undecided

It is simply human nature for people to care less about issues that effect the well-being of men. That is why so few people bother to ask the question you ask in your post.

... when you learn the facts about this stuff it can really piss you off.
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by ifyalways(f): 10:50am On Nov 15, 2012
pleep: I think this is the best example of anti male sexism in the world today. @ OP its the same reason why breast cancer research dwarfs prostate cancer research like 1000 to 1 even though more people die of prostate cancer. I actually did research on this. Apparently the un-circumcized male Instruments has around 20,000 nerve endings (these send pleasure signals to the brain) but circumcison reduces this number to 4000! Basically us circumcized men feel up to 5 times less pleasure from sexual activity than we should.

Even though we have higher sex drives, clitoral stimulation for women is twice as intense than penile stimulation for men. This because chicks have 8k nerve endings to our 4k. So basically girls have the potential to enjoy sexual activity much more because they don't have to get circumcized but dudes do all the work to initiate sex. undecided

It is simply human nature for people to care less about issues that effect the well-being of men. That is why so few people bother to ask the question you ask in your post.

... when you learn the facts about this stuff it can really piss you off.
wow.
Never knew. . . Some things we take for granted. undecided
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 15, 2012
shymexx:

You are right! Am married to one! As for the look, not weird to me cool.

For action, oh boy....I enjoy every bit of it. Just feels great!

Yeah, you are a guy, u won't understand!
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 15, 2012
adahib:

i may agree with you but not because of the sex thing but because of equal right and justice.circumcision for both or none.what is good for the goose should by all means be good for the gander.

For me it's the s e x thing o! Just leave it natural as God created it.
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 15, 2012
Vikin:
You are right! Am married to one! As for the look, not weird to me cool.

For action, oh boy....I enjoy every bit of it. Just feels great!

Yeah, you are a guy, u won't understand!

Hmmm... I like my circumcised long johns the way it's and I won't swap it for anything else... wink
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by navygrl: 3:12pm On Nov 16, 2012
shymexx:

wrong. 90+% are circucumsised
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 16, 2012
navygrl: wrong. 90+% are circucumsised

Hmmm.. How do you know this? grin

Perhaps, the 10% are the only ones that go to the gym... undecided
Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by pleep(m): 11:57pm On Nov 16, 2012
^ you live in Europe.

In the united states 90% + are circumcized.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? by navygrl: 9:09pm On Nov 17, 2012
Even in Europe majority are. Only few ethnic groups in Europe don't do it. I have worked in hospitals in both Europe and the us for quite some time

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Kwenu! / Magyarabs Of Sudan And Egypt / Somalia and Djibouti are ONE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.