Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:47 PM

Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method (19892 Views)

7 Natural Birth Control Methods You Probably Didn’t Know / shocking traditional Birth Control Methods / Common Birth Control Myths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 10, 2012
Intra-uterine Devices IUCD - 99% effective
Pros:
Longevity, Low side effects

Cons:
Can be expelled or become disloged
Not recommended for women with fibroids

Birth control pills (Oral contraceptive) - 95% - 99% effective
Pros:
High rate of efficacy
Relatively convenient
Multiple options available
Regulates menstrual cycle
Decreased risk of endometrial and ovarian cancer, endometriosis, PID

Cons:
Undesirable risk and side effect profile in some women
Drug interactions

Depo Provera - 99.7% effective
Pros:
Effective 24 hr following injection
High rate of efficacy
Relatively convenient

Cons:
Side effects can be significant and long-lasting, including reduction in bone density, depression, and weight gain

contraceptive implants - 99% effective
Pros:
Longevity: Different systems last from 3-5 yr
Fertility returns relatively quickly

cons:
Potential for scarring
Side effects can in some cases be significant and long-lasting

2 Likes

Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 10, 2012
Male Condom - 87–98% effective
Pros:Inexpensive and easily available
Cons: reduces sensation, Reduced spontaneity and some users experience allergies

Female Condom - 79–95% effective
Pros:Can be placed up to 8 hr in advance, Good protection against STI’s, Does not require fitting by health care practitioner
Cons: Only 1 style currently available, More costly than male condoms.

Female Diaphragm with contraceptive jelly or foam - 80–94% effective
Pros:Few side effects, Can be inserted up to 6 hr in advance, Can be used for intercourse during menses to collect flow
Cons: May reduce spontaneity, Requires fitting/periodic refitting, Some users experience allergies, Some consider method to be “messy”

Rhythm method - 88–98% effective
Pros: Zero health risks or side effects, Enhances body awareness and partner intimacy, Inexpensive
Cons: Requires significant partner education, cooperation, and daily attention, Relatively high failure rate, Not ideal in perimenopause years or for women with otherwise irregular cycles

Male Vasectomy & Tubal ligation - >99% effective

. . . . . .of course there is the fool proof method of abstinence grin

4 Likes

Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by k2039: 4:06pm On Nov 10, 2012

. . . . . .of course there is the fool proof method of abstinence

roflmao.
This is the safest and surest.

[img]http://onemoreoption.files./2007/06/oral.jpg[/img]
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by dominique(f): 4:24pm On Nov 10, 2012
Would've considered iud but the method of application is just darn scary

1 Like

Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by mufasa(m): 4:47pm On Nov 10, 2012
dominique: Would've considered iud but the method of application is just darn scary

Easy enough procedure. A Family Planning nurse can do it.
chaircover: Male Condom - 87–98% effective
Pros:Inexpensive and easily available, protects against some STIs

Rhythm method - 88–98% effective
Pros: Zero health risks or side effects, Enhances body awareness and partner intimacy, Inexpensive
Cons: Requires significant partner education, cooperation, and daily attention, Relatively high failure rate, Not ideal in perimenopause years or for women with otherwise irregular cycles

Not so sure about the statistics of the Rhythm method but I'm certain its failure rate is greater than that.
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by icez: 4:50pm On Nov 10, 2012
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Tropilo(m): 4:58pm On Nov 10, 2012
If you are not married must you f*ck?

Contraceptives generally are not safe. Anything that distorts a natural occurence is usually harmful.

1 Like

Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by mimi321(f): 4:58pm On Nov 10, 2012
loooooooooooooool @OP but seriously speaking abstinence is the best contraceptive ever
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Dopefiend(m): 5:04pm On Nov 10, 2012
Withdrawal method nko

1 Like

Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by RedLight1: 5:06pm On Nov 10, 2012
Mine is not here..
Mine is withdrawer..
I just withdraw my Di.c.k when am abt to c.um.. And spit it on her tommy, bo00bs, or a.sss when am on doggggy

it never fails me

4 Likes

Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by lolaluv1(f): 5:07pm On Nov 10, 2012
Great thread. Couples like that runaway father of triplets can learn something... cheesy
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 10, 2012
Me thinks withdrawal is the best and most natural. Al these methods and medications have terrible side effects. undecided
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by ITbomb(m): 5:21pm On Nov 10, 2012
Red-Light:
Mine is not here..
Mine is withdrawer..
I just withdraw my Di.c.k when am abt to cum.. And spit it on her tommy, bo0bs, or ass when am on doggggy

it never fails me
Broda!!!
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by RedLight1: 5:24pm On Nov 10, 2012
ITbomb:
Broda!!!
lipsrsealed
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Ninilowo(m): 5:32pm On Nov 10, 2012
UNA DON FORGET CASTRATION grin

2 Likes

Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 10, 2012
I've heard horror stories about depo provera. A good number of women struggle to conceive once they stop using it. Maybe it's good for someone who is done with having children but isn't ready for a hysterectomy.

The withdrawal method is the worst and shouldn't even be considered a method. As una dey shout withdrawal method, I dey think. How common is this method and can it be resppnsible for Nigeria's overpopulation issue? Lol. I don't even want to know the success rate for it. My guess is 58%.

1 Like

Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by dominique(f): 5:38pm On Nov 10, 2012
mufasa:

Easy enough procedure. A Family Planning nurse can do it.

You mean inserting that coily thing inside the womb theru the vjay is not painful I've heard otherwise
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Sexxydivaa: 5:39pm On Nov 10, 2012
Now really,not all guys can withdraw,i thought they said its sweeter when cumming
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Finland(m): 5:39pm On Nov 10, 2012
chaircover: Male Condom - 87–98% effective

Male Vasectomy & Tubal ligation - >99% effective

Does that mean no side effect?
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Thok(m): 5:42pm On Nov 10, 2012
As a guy, if konji dy worry u, find coldwater to pour on top the thing. Abstinence is still key.. grin
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Dsage1: 5:58pm On Nov 10, 2012
Red-Light:
Mine is not here..
Mine is withdrawer..
I just withdraw my Di.c.k when am abt to c.um.. And spit it on her tommy, bo00bs, or a.sss when am on doggggy

it never fails me

Man, withdrawal method is not easy at all if you're not on drugs. The method is not good enough please because it might fail you.
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by mixdtribe(f): 6:05pm On Nov 10, 2012
Play safe or stay out of married peoples game...but its best 2 seek a doc's advice as different method fits different body system...

1 Like

Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by candieangel12(f): 6:05pm On Nov 10, 2012
Withdrawal method sucks, lots of ppl get pregnant from it. Tried it once n was so paranoid that I had 2 go buy the Plan B pill.

But I've been on nuvaring 4 sum years now n its a really great form of contraceptives.

I do carry around atleast 1 condom in my purse just incase I hv a fling or sumtin, I can be protected in case the guy has an std. You kno, a girl always gotta be prepared wink

5 Likes

Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by OK1(m): 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2012
Tropilo: If you are not married must you f*ck?

Contraceptives generally are not safe. Anything that distorts a natural occurence is usually harmful.
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Areaboy2(m): 6:13pm On Nov 10, 2012
k2039:

roflmao.
This is the safest and surest.

[img]http://onemoreoption.files./2007/06/oral.jpg[/img]

Stupid cartoon

And married people? No as well? sigh undecided
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Okijajuju1(m): 6:23pm On Nov 10, 2012
Straight Abortion: 100% effective

Pros: Does not affect your sexual life in anyway, 100% effective, Can be done at your nearest chemist or clinic, local herbal remedies also exist. Favourite birth control method of University girls, house girls, wayward teens and ashawos.

Cons: If you jam quack chemist, you done die.. If the belle don stay pass three months, better start to budget for child dedication.. if police catch you, omo na 21yrs imprisonment be dat..

1 Like

Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by OK1(m): 6:26pm On Nov 10, 2012
candieangel12: Withdrawal method sucks, lots of ppl get pregnant from it. Tried it once n was so paranoid that I had 2 go buy the Plan B pill.

But I've been on nuvaring 4 sum years now n its a really great form of contraceptives.

I do carry around atleast 1 condom in my purse just incase I hv a fling or sumtin, I can be protected in case the guy has an std. You kno, a girl always gotta be prepared wink
try abstainance
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Iaz93: 6:26pm On Nov 10, 2012
Tropilo: If you are not married must you f*ck?

GBAM!!!
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Iaz93: 6:28pm On Nov 10, 2012
Okija_juju: Straight Abortion: 100% effective

Pros: Does not affect your sexual life in anyway, 100% effective, Can be done at your nearest chemist or clinic, local herbal remedies also exist. Favourite birth control method of University girls, house girls, wayward teens and ashawos.

Cons: If you jam quack chemist, you done die.. If the belle don stay pass three months, better start to budget for child dedication.. if police catch you, omo na 21yrs imprisonment be dat..
LWKMD
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 10, 2012
Sexxydivaa: Now really,not[b] all guys can withdraw[/b],i thought they said its sweeter when cumming
Yes you're right but still works for some.
ogugua88: I've heard horror stories about depo provera. A good number of women struggle to conceive once they stop using it. Maybe it's good for someone who is done with having children but isn't ready for a hysterectomy.

The withdrawal method is the worst and shouldn't even be considered a method. As una dey shout withdrawal method, I dey think. How common is this method and can it be resppnsible for Nigeria's overpopulation issue? Lol. I don't even want to know the success rate for it. My guess is 58%.
Hell no!
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by lolaluv1(f): 6:36pm On Nov 10, 2012
ogugua88: I've heard horror stories about depo provera. A good number of women struggle to conceive once they stop using it. Maybe it's good for someone who is done with having children but isn't ready for a hysterectomy.

Yeah. I wonder why peeps still refer to withdrawal in this day and age...with all the other options available. embarassed undecided
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by sessydoo(m): 6:44pm On Nov 10, 2012
candieangel12: Withdrawal method sucks, lots of ppl get pregnant from it. Tried it once n was so paranoid that I had 2 go buy the Plan B pill.

Which one is nuvaring again ooo? just hearing this for the first time...this babe, oh bad gann. Its funny u carry cd in ur bag. I bet sme babes are too shy to try that

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Ansar Ud Deen Society Suspends Religious Gatherings Nationwide / Ekiti Government Commissions Mobile Laboratory To Run COVID-19 Tests / Ekiti Leads In Open Defecation In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.