Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? (5495 Views)

‘how We Were Raped’ / How Can I Tell If She Has Had An Abortion Before? / He Wants His Child After Telling Me To Go For An Abortion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by LloydAchi(m): 11:33pm On Nov 15, 2012
It's about choice for me. Abortion is not good but so also is r@pe. If the victim thinks it's ok to keep the baby (probably raise and/or give out for adoption a child with questionable genes who may never be loved and hates the world and finally becomes a thorn in the flesh) or decides to terminate the pregnancy, IT'S HER CHOICE.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 20, 2012
I just must comment cos I av a personal stake in the matter. I once dated a girl who I loved so much and she had a son from series of molestation and sexual assault from a elder family friend when she was much younger. Over 7 years later I can tell you that she is still recovering from the event. Yes, she didn't abort the child but the child looks exactly like the molester. It is a painful situation and a very delicate matter. How many guys here would agree to marry someone who has a kid from a molestation. Very very very few. So do u expect her life to stop at that point cos she was molested. She was young, in school. Thank God she had some supportive family members and today she is a graduate. She chose to keep the baby. Another woman may not be able to live with it everyday. Let the molested make her choice herself. Afterall it is not us that will leave with the pain everyday. Sorry for my long epistle but this is a situation that really touches my heart.
PS: If this were to happen to my wife I'll prefer to keep the baby. The reason is that I bliv that once the child is part of her then he is part of me too and therefore part of our family. I'll try my possible best to treat her son like my own. This is easier said than done sha. I av a prior experience that it is.

3 Likes

Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 1:20am On Nov 21, 2012
12 inches!:
I just must comment cos I av a personal stake in the matter. I once dated a girl who I loved so much and she had a son from series of molestation and sexual assault from a elder family friend when she was much younger. Over 7 years later I can tell you that she is still recovering from the event. Yes, she didn't abort the child but the child looks exactly like the molester. It is a painful situation and a very delicate matter. How many guys here would agree to marry someone who has a kid from a molestation. Very very very few. So do u expect her life to stop at that point cos she was molested. She was young, in school. Thank God she had some supportive family members and today she is a graduate. She chose to keep the baby. Another woman may not be able to live with it everyday. Let the molested make her choice herself. Afterall it is not us that will leave with the pain everyday. Sorry for my long epistle but this is a situation that really touches my heart.
PS: If this were to happen to my wife I'll prefer to keep the baby. The reason is that I bliv that once the child is part of her then he is part of me too and therefore part of our family. I'll try my possible best to treat her son like my own. This is easier said than done sha. I av a prior experience that it is.

"PS: If this were to happen to my wife I'll prefer to keep the baby. The reason is that I bliv that once the child is part of her then he is part of me too and therefore part of our family. I'll try my possible best to treat her son like my own. This is easier said than done sha. I av a prior experience that it is".

^^^^^ These words are so sweet, thx for sharing the story smiley
Her story is kinda similar to my sis-in law, I know is painful but in my opinion she did the right thing! you're right alot man woudn't want to marry someone molested because they got no heart! I would rather be alone than be with someone who wouldn't accept my kid! I can tell you're a good guy by your words smiley
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 21, 2012
some one in my family kept twins that were a result of rape, they have grown into amazing beautiful women and they are now married...they are my sisters smiley

2 Likes

Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Obinoscopy(m): 11:43am On Nov 21, 2012
mondi_cheeks: some one in my family kept twins that were a result of rape, they have grown into amazing beautiful women and they are now married...they are my sisters smiley

Awwww, thats nice. I'm sure they were loved and cared for. God'll continue to bless ur family for deciding to allow his creations, ur sisters, live.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 21, 2012
Obinoscopy:
Awwww, thats nice. I'm sure they were loved and cared for. God'll continue to bless ur family for deciding to allow his creations, ur sisters, live.
im glad my mother didnt choose the so-called "easy way out" my father loves and protects them like his own blood
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Choommy4luv1(f): 1:49pm On Nov 21, 2012
I wil nt do any abortion...i wil gv birtg to my child,and i wil never gv my child away for adaption...i wik raise my child until he/her growup....no mater wot happend,i knw dat 1day God wil come for my rescue

1 Like

Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Obinoscopy(m): 2:37pm On Nov 21, 2012
Choommy4luv1: I wil nt do any abortion...i wil gv birtg to my child,and i wil never gv my child away for adaption...i wik raise my child until he/her growup....no mater wot happend,i knw dat 1day God wil come for my rescue

I like the way you're sounding possessive.

A woman who thinks killing a child that resulted from r@pe is justified, fail to realise that its her child that she's putting under the knife and not the r@pist.

2 Likes

Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 2:11am On Nov 22, 2012
mondi_cheeks: some one in my family kept twins that were a result of rape, they have grown into amazing beautiful women and they are now married...they are my sisters smiley

smiley
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 2:13am On Nov 22, 2012
Obinoscopy:

I like the way you're sounding possessive.

A woman who thinks killing a child that resulted from r@pe is justified, fail to realise that its her child that she's putting under the knife and not the r@pist.

Agree wink
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Obinoscopy(m): 4:51pm On Nov 23, 2012
linda_1:

Agree wink

Linda, howdy? Are u on fb or on yahoo messenger?
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by UjSizzle(f): 4:59pm On Nov 23, 2012
Obinoscopy:

hmmmm
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2012
uj_sizzle:

hmmmm
as in ehn, somebody have seeing what I has seeing.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Obinoscopy(m): 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2012
uj_sizzle:

hmmmm

uj_sizzle dearie, I just asked for her fb id so that I can refer her to a pro-life/antiabortion page, nothing more smiley.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Obinoscopy(m): 5:05pm On Nov 23, 2012
ItsModella:

Seeing what? Aproko, tafia, face front jor....lolz
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by UjSizzle(f): 5:07pm On Nov 23, 2012
ItsModella:
hmm my dear i has seeing it since.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by UjSizzle(f): 5:09pm On Nov 23, 2012
Obinoscopy:

uj_sizzle dearie, I just asked for her fb id so that I can refer her to a pro-life/antiabortion page, nothing more smiley.
*narrowed gaze* and her YM??
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 23, 2012
uj_sizzle:
ehen, asking him o...he thinks we don't know his tricks.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Obinoscopy(m): 5:12pm On Nov 23, 2012
uj_sizzle:

No honey, the YM was the next option if she's not on fb so that I can send her the link to the site there. Don't want to go public with the site smiley
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Obinoscopy(m): 5:14pm On Nov 23, 2012
ItsModella:
ehen, asking him o...he thinks we don't know his tricks.

Which tricks? ItsModella what have I done to you to deserve all this? I'm innocent of all the charges you're bringing against me.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by UjSizzle(f): 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2012
Obinoscopy:

No honey, the YM was the next option if she's not on fb so that I can send her the link to the site there. Don't want to go public with the site smiley
why didn't you just send her an NL PM then
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Obinoscopy(m): 5:20pm On Nov 23, 2012
uj_sizzle:
why didn't you just send her an NL PM then

I won't be sure she received it with her PM, besides the PM is faulty atimes smiley.

Uj_sizzle, u know better than this. Its you I love; always have, always will. ItsModella can get green with envy for all I care....lolz
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by UjSizzle(f): 5:21pm On Nov 23, 2012
Obinoscopy:

I won't be sure she received it with her PM, besides the PM is faulty atimes smiley.

Uj_sizzle, u know better than this. Its you I love; always have, always will. ItsModella can get green with envy for all I care....lolz

of course i trust you sweetie. But do u actually expect Linda to drop her fb i.d or yahoo mssg's here?
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Obinoscopy(m): 5:26pm On Nov 23, 2012
uj_sizzle:

of course i trust you sweetie. But do u actually expect Linda to drop her fb i.d or yahoo mssg's here?

U're right hon. You know what, I think PM would be better now that u're suggesting it grin.
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by UjSizzle(f): 5:29pm On Nov 23, 2012
Obinoscopy:

U're right hon. You know what, I think PM would be better now that u're suggesting it grin.
No hanky panky...I've got my eyes on you lyka hawk smiley
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Obinoscopy(m): 5:37pm On Nov 23, 2012
uj_sizzle:
No hanky panky...I've got my eyes on you lyka hawk smiley

kiss kiss kiss
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Nobody: 5:18am On Nov 24, 2012
Obinoscopy:

Hi my friend how are u?
PM the link smiley
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Obinoscopy(m): 9:06am On Nov 25, 2012
linda_1:

Hi my friend how are u?
PM the link smiley

Will do smiley
Re: If You Were Raped, Would You Have An Abortion? by Goldieluks: 9:13am On Nov 25, 2012
If the pregnancy is about three four weeks old, then abortion is not a bad idea. Because keeping such pregnancy would only act as a reminder of the molestation which could lead to psychological trauma on the victim.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is This A Sign That My Friend Want Me To Have Sex With Her Or Its A Red Flag / Ladies, An Illiterate Rich Guy Or An Intelligent Poor Guy / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.