Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,600 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

How Do You Know A Pastor is Called To Start His Own Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Know A Pastor is Called To Start His Own Church? (2013 Views)

"When A Pastor Is Into Sport Betting"- Hilarious Photo / 5 Dangerous Signs Your Pastor Is A Fake / What Kind Of Pastor Is This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Know A Pastor is Called To Start His Own Church? by obalola7: 12:06pm On Nov 11, 2012
Excerpt from vanguard:

Trying but exciting. Un-certain but today I can say fulfilling. Adventurous but today, I can say I can see clearly now. I am grateful to God. [b]One thing I would say to young people, don’t do anything if you are not sure, it’s God. The way I see people getting into ministry today, is very troubling to me. As a leader of Christians in this country, I am very troubled. As a leader of the youngest move of God, which is the Pente-costal Movement, I am very troubled.

We are almost an uncontrollable group of people and the way it is, is because we have had an experience which is called the Holy Spirit experience; which is good. The problem that has come out of that is that when people cough, they say its the Holy Spirit. They talk nonsense, they say its the Holy Spirit.

How do challenge a man who says he’s motivated by the Holy Spirit? This is what we have done to the Pentecostal Movement and it very painful. The consolation God gave me is that for every move of God had had its own teething and trying periods beginning with the great Roman Catholic Church to the Protestatant, the Anglican, Lutheran, Method-ist, to the Presbytarian, Baptist and so on. There are trials, problems that happened so long ago that people today don’t really know.
[/b]

I really need input on this topic. Recently i watched a movie about a man who has chosen to do the work of God and he started his own church and eventually other pastors said he was not called.
I have also heard from veteran pastors that if you are not called don't go and start a church.
Another set of people will say especially during your starting time that is usually full of ups and down especially if you are a broke pastor, people will say he is not called

while in the same article from vanguard, Pastor AYO Oritsejafor said "To find money to rent a place…..look it was rough! I didn’t have anything. There were those who were just laughing at me, saying ‘you are crazy. You are stupid.’ But I took the risk because this was God’s mind for me. After I prayed, I settled it. I fixed the date."

I think people forgot that you canbe successful with a large church and still not be called. Please i want opinion on this

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/why-i-left-church-of-god-mission-pastor-oritsejafor/
Re: How Do You Know A Pastor is Called To Start His Own Church? by Joagbaje(m): 6:10pm On Nov 11, 2012
There are signs of a call. If a man says he's a prophet nd cannot see anything. It's proof he's not. If a man says he's an evangelist and he doesn't win any soul to christ,he is simply not. If a man says he's a pastor and he can't endure to counsel,visit ,and feed the flock ,rather he is busy watching eurpean football he is not a pastor. . So what ever God call a man into ,he empowers such a man for it. He gives ability as a proof of his call on a man. There are obvious signs that will be evident. Those are the things you look out for. When people doubted the denuiness of the apostolic call upon Paul . He simply pointed then to the "SIGNS "

2 Corinthians 12:12
When I was there I certainly gave you every proof that I was truly an apostle, sent to you by God himself, for I patiently did many wonders and signs and mighty works among you.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know A Pastor is Called To Start His Own Church? by obalola7: 6:44pm On Nov 11, 2012
Joagbaje:
There are signs of a call. If a man says he's a prophet nd cannot see anything. It's proof he's not. If a man says he's an evangelist and he doesn't win any soul to christ,he is simply not. If a man says he's a pastor and he can't endure to counsel,visit ,and feed the flock ,rather he is busy watching eurpean football he is not a pastor. . So what ever God call a man into ,he empowers such a man for it. He gives ability as a proof of his call on a man. There are obvious signs that will be evident. Those are the things you look out for. When people doubted the denuiness of the apostolic call upon Paul . He simply pointed then to the "SIGNS "

2 Corinthians 12:12
When I was there I certainly gave you every proof that I was truly an apostle, sent to you by God himself, for I patiently did many wonders and signs and mighty works among you.

@ Joagbaje

Thanks for clear and precise response. I want to believe that you are bible scholar, considering your references to biblical verses to buttress your point whenever you respond to threads.

However, i think the above response means, anybody can be a pastor if he can visits his member and have passion for what he does, and anybody can be a prophet if he can see vision or can dream dreams that come to pass. Likewise, any body who knows how to convince people, like good politician can be a good evangelist.

Sorry i need more explanation on this before i respond with a biblical verses that might not really establish your point. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know A Pastor is Called To Start His Own Church? by obalola7: 11:25am On Nov 14, 2012
@ Joagbaje

I am still waiting for your response and any other that can put more light into this topic
Re: How Do You Know A Pastor is Called To Start His Own Church? by SisiKill1: 1:57pm On Nov 14, 2012
obalola7:

@ Joagbaje

Thanks for clear and precise response. I want to believe that you are bible scholar, considering your references to biblical verses to buttress your point whenever you respond to threads.

However, i think the above response means, anybody can be a pastor if he can visits his member and have passion for what he does, and anybody can be a prophet if he can see vision or can dream dreams that come to pass. Likewise, any body who knows how to convince people, like good politician can be a good evangelist.

Sorry i need more explanation on this before i respond with a biblical verses that might not really establish your point. Thanks
And this is PRECISELY what is wrong with many Nigerians, you are so intellectually lazy, it takes very very very little to impress you. Someone comes along and dumps a random Bible quote for you, not even bothering to go study the darn thing in context, you raise your hand up high in awe and start bestowing silly titles.

A man who can not use his God given brain to reason buts instead waits to be spoonfeed his thoughts by others is no different from a parrot in a cage (Jeremiah 14:4, John 44:65, The Gospel of Mary 17:10)
Re: How Do You Know A Pastor is Called To Start His Own Church? by obalola7: 2:13pm On Nov 14, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
And this is PRECISELY what is wrong with many Nigerians, you are so intellectually lazy, it takes very very very little to impress you. Someone comes along and dumps a random Bible quote for you, not even bothering to go study the darn thing in context, you raise your hand up high in awe and start bestowing silly titles.

A man who can not use his God given brain to reason buts instead waits to be spoonfeed his thoughts by others is no different from a parrot in a cage (Jeremiah 14:4, John 44:65, The Gospel of Mary 17:10)

While i do not think it make sense to turn this thread to bashing contest, i think you should be careful on how you select your word. What do you mean by "Intellectually Lazy"? Apparently you are one of the people that fails exam not because you do not have answer to the question but you first answer first question and forget the rest in a comprehensive section of an exam, because you too know.

Did you read my last paragraph and sentence? I guess you should read that. Also the act of being diplomatic to people comment or argument does not mean the man does not reason, but will like argument to be methodological experience

You also see how you fail where is the gospel of MARY 17:10 in your bible
Re: How Do You Know A Pastor is Called To Start His Own Church? by SisiKill1: 3:17pm On Nov 14, 2012
obalola7:

While i do not think it make sense to turn this thread to bashing contest, i think you should be careful on how you select your word. What do you mean by "Intellectually Lazy"? Apparently you are one of the people that fails exam not because you do not have answer to the question but you first answer first question and forget the rest in a comprehensive section of an exam, because you too know.

Did you read my last paragraph and sentence? I guess you should read that. Also the act of being diplomatic to people comment or argument does not mean the man does not reason, but will like argument to be methodological experience

You also see how you fail where is the gospel of MARY 17:10 in your bible

Oh pray tell what then is scholarly about someone who uses Bibke verses that doesn't really make his point? In the desire to come off polite and diplomatic, you end up sounding sillly.

Mr. Joe is well known for his jiu jitsu moves when it comes to circumventing the Bible, Only God can say how many people he has led astray. Unfortunately people like you with your "He can quote therefore he must know" mentality don't help any. Instead of straight up calling him out, you are all "Go you Point buttressing bible Scholar You"

No Gospel of Mary huh? Guess not that intellectually lazy. I suppose on a scale of 1 to 10 I will give you a 4. ...only because you were easily convinced there is a John 44 and Jeremiah 14:4 says what I claim it says.

Heck I should be giving you for thinking that quote came from the Bible but I won't because I couldn't have asked for a better candidate to prove my point.

So thank You and God Bless.
Re: How Do You Know A Pastor is Called To Start His Own Church? by obalola7: 3:57pm On Nov 14, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Oh pray tell what then is scholarly about someone who uses Bibke verses that doesn't really make his point? In the desire to come off polite and diplomatic, you end up sounding sillly.

Mr. Joe is well known for his jiu jitsu moves when it comes to circumventing the Bible, Only God can say how many people he has led astray. Unfortunately people like you with your "He can quote therefore he must know" mentality don't help any. Instead of straight up calling him out, you are all "Go you Point buttressing bible Scholar You"

No Gospel of Mary huh? Guess not that intellectually lazy. I suppose on a scale of 1 to 10 I will give you a 4. ...only because you were easily convinced there is a John 44 and Jeremiah 14:4 says what I claim it says.

Heck I should be giving you for thinking that quote came from the Bible but I won't because I couldn't have asked for a better candidate to prove my point.

So thank You and God Bless.

No comment need better response

(1) (Reply)

FREE! FREE!! FREE!!! Season's Greetings Wallpaper / Why Is There Evil And Where Does Evil Come From? / Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.