Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! - Phone/Internet Market (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! (18897 Views)

List Of Confirmed Data Resellers On Nairaland / Code For Checking Mtn Double Credit Bonus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by luluosas(m): 12:34pm On Nov 12, 2012
timbros: I wonder why yoou people are still using MTN anymore. Everyday complain complain complain and still using it. Is it today you find out MTN is scam? Its either you continue living with the scam of you leave the network entirely.

I have long dumped my MTN (yes, its my 'major' line but i had to do it). I sent out sms notifying my friends, family, customers etc of my current primary lines, Glo and Etisalat. Then i bought a Nokia torch, 2.5k, and put the MTN line. Its there on top of my fridge. Anytime i come back and see a missed call, i call back with glo or etisalat and tell the person to call me with this line next time.

That way, i dont have MTN wahala no more. I'm tired off all this MTN complain when there are other options. Telecommunication in Nigeria is not like Power where we have only PHCN. Anything they give you, you endure. No. We have options in networks today.
So dont come here complaining when you know what to do and how to solve the problem permanently.
Thank you for this candid advice. Sometimes, I usually think if MTN use witch/wizard spirits to tie these complainers on their network. Even if they use 'juju' for you, you need to break yourself from its grip immediately.
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by luluosas(m): 12:45pm On Nov 12, 2012
akd jr: the[b] NCC should sue MTN[/b] for this scam called promo
Which NCC are you talking about?
Read this thread now!!! https://www.nairaland.com/1100441/court-hear-suit-against-ncc
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by lecturerdabo(m): 12:59pm On Nov 12, 2012
HQ: Etisalat launched something similar and I had a terrible experience with it.

I lost a huge amount (planned to use that to purchase an Internet Bundle) when the "Doubled Credit" expired.

These folks should state these facts clearly. They prolly hide it in the "TOS" anyways, and no one bothers to read that. undecided

NCC, anyone? angry angry

Thanks Bro, that was really what Etisalat did to me too so when MTN came with their WOW nonsence, I was armed with experience and had to test run with #200

TOS KE? WHO COME GET TIME FOR THAT KIND EPISTLE FOR 9JA?
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Omero(m): 1:05pm On Nov 12, 2012
bigx: Yesterday morning I was recharging my phones when after recharging I saw a message to load my credit with *888#,
I decided to load one of the cards on my personal bb and was told I had received 100% bonus.
I forgot about that, this evening I loaded the phone with 1500 (normal *555*) again and saw my balance was very low, I spent like 5 minutes thinking what I could have done with my yesterday's credit before I checked *889# and saw yesterday's credit there!
Who has used this Wow thing before?
What happens after my credit "expires"?
@bigx, plz its not a scam may b u did'nt undastand d promo n its condition, d WOW promo is valid 4 weekends only i.e friday 6pm 2 satuday 11:59pm, once u recharge u accnt is doubled instantly i.e(*888*pin# and *889# 2 check ur balance) and u can use it 2 call any network of ur choice durin dat period. I used it last weekend and was even given additnal #600 4 mtn2mtn calls afta reachin my 5* target of #120, during all dis time my main account balance was unchanged. So enjoy.Cheers.
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Smartjeezy(m): 1:18pm On Nov 12, 2012
Na today!
I hate 'em...

Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by pek(m): 1:48pm On Nov 12, 2012
My people perish because of lack of knowledge! WOW weekend, is defined as from 6pm on friday to 11:59 on sunday. You have a choice of opting in. It is not forced on you. When you recharge with 888, the credit expires by 11:59. Your other credit is still intact.
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Gaman(m): 2:04pm On Nov 12, 2012
Yes oh, I recharged during the week end with a N750 card using their scam *888#, they gave me extra N750, I checked my balance this morning, there was nothing in my wow bonus account, neither was there anything from my original N750. MTN are corporate thieves abeg... NCC do something
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by olenyi: 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2012
grin grin grin

Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by olenyi: 3:30pm On Nov 12, 2012

Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 12, 2012
This kinda bullshyte can only happen in a lawless country like ours.
I waz suppose to subscribe for mtn internet plan...i did the first 1500 recharge with the new code. Checked my balance with *556# to my utmost suprise 1500 recharge didnt reflect. I checked *559# i saw only 1500 bonus. I withheld the recharging the next card. I kept wondering where my credit went to. I called customer care line...each time i dialled,computer wil ask me to press 1 if am calling with my number i did...buh the reply wuld be u pressed the wrong number good bye.
Jeez!! I felt like sending bomb or drone to mtn office.
Even the bonus and the credit got wasted,how am i suppose to finish 3k airtime within 2days!

Mtn is really joking with its customers. They make u believe you're gaining when ur jst running around a circle. They give at one end and take at the other end.
Even NCC rnt helping matters at all.
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 12, 2012
At least once the expiry time is reached they shuld leave ur recharge and remove their bonus. That makes more sense...
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by hanelson(m): 4:40pm On Nov 12, 2012
I hate that network with passion. They are thieves. Pls are they suppose to bill me if I upgrade my app world. They wiped my N200 credit and cldnt give me any reason for that only to block me from calling their customer line. This is too much!
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by luluosas(m): 4:47pm On Nov 12, 2012
hanelson: I hate that network with passion. They are thieves. Pls are they suppose to bill me if I upgrade my app world. They wiped my N200 credit and cldnt give me any reason for that only to block me from calling their customer line. This is too much!
You hate them with 'passion' yet, you are using them. Who is deceiving who?
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by oyeleyemaureen(m): 5:23pm On Nov 12, 2012
We al know that mtn are fraudsters. It shld nt b a surprise to any1
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by ciphoenix: 5:31pm On Nov 12, 2012
i experienced both ends. The previous weekend when i used *888* to recharge, it didn't go into any wow balance. It went in my main balance. But the bonus was a wow bonus. Was happy with that. But the next weekend, i tried it again and to my surprise, my main balance was still empty. Called customer care and was told about the wow balance (different from the wow bonus). Let's say that was the last day i used *888*. The worst part is, you can't use the wow(not bonus) account to send text messages or call other networks. Its annoying.
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 12, 2012
luluosas:
Thank you for this candid advice. Sometimes, I usually think if MTN use witch/wizard spirits to tie these complainers on their network. Even if they use 'juju' for you, you need to break yourself from its grip immediately.
dude dnt view it frm one angle. Someone like me hv bn using mtn line since GSM came. I hv used it to apply for jobs,hv done alot of transaction with,all these will require feedback frm the people or company. Aside that friends,'lost' pals,relatives hv known you by the same number.
These r some of reasons subscribes consider and still maintain their lines.
Breaking aways isnt that easy.
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by maci(m): 6:01pm On Nov 12, 2012
don't know if its scam cos am enjoying mine every weekend
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by lanreni: 6:54pm On Nov 12, 2012
i have decided to abandon and block mtn user friends.slow pokes that won't move with change.suffering & smiling idiosyncratic elements, before they infect me with the disease called stereotypicocus tongue
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Shokoloko(f): 7:59pm On Nov 12, 2012
BeraBera: It is possible that the OP (Original Poster) has been bribed by any of the other mobile communication networks to come here and rubbish MTN.
When one is looking for awoof bonuses, what do you get? Greedy people always get cheated of course tongue

what a s.tup.id comment. MTN is supposed to have integrity. they offered the public the bonuses. this happened to me over the weekend. i even tried to call but it was weekend congestio galore. every line was not available. scam it is
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Bumehi: 9:36pm On Nov 12, 2012
I thought I was alone. i loaded N5000 mtn card with the *888* after seeing the message to earn 100%. The message was not self explanatory, and selfishly, I loaded the whole 5K! I tried to transfer the N5k to my mtn modem only to be told that my balance was insufficient. The annoying thing was that I call customer care 3x, only to be told that they are sorry and hung up! Efforts to even use the so called Wow was abortive due to network congestion. So sad indeed.....
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 12, 2012
Bumehi: I thought I was alone. i loaded N5000 mtn card with the *888* after seeing the message to earn 100%. The message was not self explanatory, and selfishly, I loaded the whole 5K! I tried to transfer the N5k to my mtn modem only to be told that my balance was insufficient. The annoying thing was that I call customer care 3x, only to be told that they are sorry and hung up! Efforts to even use the so called Wow was abortive due to network congestion. So sad indeed.....
i feel u man. Their network service turned shyte since they rolled out all these bonuses....i currently dnt participate in any of their promo. Theres always somefin fishy abt them.
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by etchel(m): 11:15pm On Nov 12, 2012
Adeniyi A.:
mtn WOW -(Wasting Our Wealth) is a money recovery promo of empty-hen marketing dept.
since they fapped my #200,wch i loaded but did nt reflect in my acct,i've always bn afraid of loadin wt dea scamming code(s)
smiley
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by kaze4blues(m): 2:19am On Nov 13, 2012
Mtn wow is real. Bt d thn only works on wkends. I jst receivd ma 100percnt wow bonus ds wkeNd wch I finish b4 d wkend runs out
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Eldashab(m): 7:34am On Nov 13, 2012
Hmmmm no be only me ooooo!
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by 1peter29: 10:22am On Nov 13, 2012
mrkels: My broda don't mind them, silly thieves, that was how I recharged 1,500 last week friday thinking I ll get 3k in my account, only for me to check my account with *556# and I saw 118naira, I nearly faint. I later found out that you see it with *889# and it expires once the weekend is over, so imagine looking for who to call with 3k during the weekend, it was hell I tell you, started calling peeps I don't call on a normal day.
This is exactly wht happened 2 me. I almost yelled looking 4 who 2 call wt #3000. MTN is a swindler! Needs 2 b checked by NCC.
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 13, 2012
kaze4blues: Mtn wow is real. Bt d thn only works on wkends. I jst receivd ma 100percnt wow bonus ds wkeNd wch I finish b4 d wkend runs out
the usually thing is that ur credit remains while ur bonus can expire after the stipulated time.

Thank God,NCC has intervened somehow.
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by macbenal: 8:09am On Jun 04, 2013
Like is often said:my people perish of lack of knowledge.
If you care to use mtn "wow package",here are the geniu and real process:-
recharge your account with this pin:*885*recharge card pin# from 00:30am to 11:59pm from monday to sunday and get a double of your recharged value to call,browse and text only mtn numbers.each of your daily recharged and bonus will expire everyday at 11:59pm if not used.Check your balance with the code:*886#.Get your calls more cheaper by migrating to mtn super saver with your first minute mtn call for N25 while others for N6.your wow bonus will still calculate at same cost provided you are a super saver migrant.Enjoy your self my people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Specifications An Average Nigerian Wants In A Tablet/phone (pics) / UK Used Iphone 6 ;Samsung Galaxy s6 ;htc one M8 Phones Etc. @Benin City. / Xiaomi Phones Arena

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.