Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid (10884 Views)

Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? / Why Cant My Married Friend Be My Chief Bridesmaid? / Torn Between Two Chief Bridesmaid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by RuuDie(m): 5:34am On Nov 12, 2012
Have you ever been a best-man or bridesmaid!?

What role did you do for the couple before, during and the marriage? What challenges did you face? What did you enjoy the most, what did you hate the most. . .and would you do it again if presented the opportunity?

1 Like

Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 12, 2012
I was d chief brides maid for my cousins wedding,jeez,she brot a tube gown dat i shud wear,i told her d tin wasnt my size,it squuezed my br..eas..t n my tummy so much dat i wasnt comfortable on friday,she now said i shud manage it den afta d wedding i wud adjust it,i said neva,somtin am nt comfortable i shud endure,when d make up artist came,i was nowhere to b found because av gone to d tailors shop to ammend d gown unfortunatly for d tailor n nt me,she messed up d gown,she said sorry,but @ dis point,her sorry didnt mean anytin to me,i went back home n told iyawo dat am nt doin chief brides maid again o,she shud look for anoda person,infact i said it in d presence of her mom,she said y,i said d tailor has spoilt d gown,d mom tot i was jokin n she was like shewa u like expensive jokes,abeg shift joor,i said it wil suprise u when i wear aso ebi tomoro n i dnt wear d tube gown n walked away,dat was wen iyawo knew i was serious,she now drew me back n begged me because there was no one in d family dat cud do chief brides maid,quickly on friday evening,iyawos friends took me to a bridal shop n contributed money to buy anoda gown dat i was perfect in,afta d wedding,iyawos body cooled down,she was now telin me d g.strings she bought wasnt enof,she needs all dis kind of sexy teaser outfits all dis strip gals wear n i first teased her by sayin i wont buy it because its nt useful in her marriage,she shud b telin me to buy bubu,iro n buba,oja etc instead of all dose outfits ashewos wear,anyway i got dem for her,nt too long afta her marriage,i got a job in anoda state different from where dey live n d only way we talk is tru d fone.shes got a kid now

1 Like

Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by Mynd44: 6:53am On Nov 12, 2012
I have been asked to do that twice but turned it down
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by mumumugu(m): 7:01am On Nov 12, 2012
Neva been invited 4 one , ooops¡
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by k2039: 7:24am On Nov 12, 2012
Mynd_44: I have been asked to do that twice but turned it down
roflmao.

@Op,I dont attend weddings,infact I have only attended two weddings my whole life.
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by Mynd44: 7:28am On Nov 12, 2012
k2039:
roflmao.

@Op,I dont attend weddings,infact I have only attended two weddings my whole life.
Seriously, I hate wearing suits

1 Like

Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by k2039: 7:34am On Nov 12, 2012
Mynd_44:
Seriously, I hate wearing suits
Then you could have weared a customised jeans suit for the wedding,lol
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by Mynd44: 7:38am On Nov 12, 2012
k2039:
Then you could have weared a customised jeans suit for the wedding,lol
If na you be the groom, you go gree?

Anyway stop derailing

1 Like

Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by vivianc(f): 10:41am On Nov 12, 2012
Yes I have been, and I'm about to again.
My duties?
Before and on the wedding day:
I help in planning the wedding, running around, making choices, remind her of things she forgets. Then take care of her, make sure she doesn't stress herself much, remind her to eat and rest when necessary etc. In fact, she owns me for these 2 days, and she is permitted to boss me around.

Who buys my chief bridesmaid dress? I do.

After the wedding:
Its my duty to help her be the best wife she can be by not giving her the wrong piece of advise if she ever confides in me.
If I see her taking the wrong path that I know will jeopardise her marriage, I will call her to order. Etc.

These are what I have done for my friends, and I'm about to do again, and they are what I'd expect from my chief when my own time comes.

2 Likes

Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by Mynd44: 10:45am On Nov 12, 2012
This Vivian babe na real control freak
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by vivianc(f): 10:54am On Nov 12, 2012
Mynd_44: This Vivian babe na real control freak
What makes me a control freak? Do you have comprehensive skills at all? I keep telling you, you are still a kid, until you grow up you won't understand some certain things.

Best man/maid of honour are honourable positions ok, its beyond putting on suit and dress on that day. In as much as ur signature appears on the marriage certificate, you have a role to play in their lives.

And I'm warning for the last time, don't ever make remark about me again, I didn't quote u, I wasn't referring to u. If my posts irritate you, move to the left.

1 Like

Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by Mynd44: 11:17am On Nov 12, 2012
Goodness. See as Vivian turned a perfect joke into an e-fight in the making.
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by vivianc(f): 11:37am On Nov 12, 2012
Mynd_44: Goodness. See as Vivian turned a perfect joke into an e-fight in the making.

That doesn't sound like a joke to me. Cos its way outta line. What has "vivian is a control freak" got to do with joke and what I posted earlier on?
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by snthesis(m): 2:37pm On Nov 12, 2012
kulyie: I was d chief brides maid for my cousins wedding,jeez,she brot a tube gown dat i shud wear,i told her d tin wasnt my size,it squuezed my br..eas..t n my tummy so much dat i wasnt comfortable on friday,she now said i shud manage it den afta d wedding i wud adjust it,i said neva,somtin am nt comfortable i shud endure,when d make up artist came,i was nowhere to b found because av gone to d tailors shop to ammend d gown unfortunatly for d tailor n nt me,she messed up d gown,she said sorry,but @ dis point,her sorry didnt mean anytin to me,i went back home n told iyawo dat am nt doin chief brides maid again o,she shud look for anoda person,infact i said it in d presence of her mom,she said y,i said d tailor has spoilt d gown,d mom tot i was jokin n she was like shewa u like expensive jokes,abeg shift joor,i said it wil suprise u when i wear aso ebi tomoro n i dnt wear d tube gown n walked away,dat was wen iyawo knew i was serious,she now drew me back n begged me because there was no one in d family dat cud do chief brides maid,quickly on friday evening,iyawos friends took me to a bridal shop n contributed money to buy anoda gown dat i was perfect in,afta d wedding,iyawos body cooled down,she was now telin me d g.strings she bought wasnt enof,she needs all dis kind of sexy teaser outfits all dis strip gals wear n i first teased her by sayin i wont buy it because its nt useful in her marriage,she shud b telin me to buy bubu,iro n buba,oja etc instead of all dose outfits ashewos wear,anyway i got dem for her,nt too long afta her marriage,i got a job in anoda state different from where dey live n d only way we talk is tru d fone.shes got a kid now
trouble maker
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by tunapawizzy: 2:43pm On Nov 12, 2012
vivian chinaza:

That doesn't sound like a joke to me. Cos its way outta line. What has "vivian is a control freak" got to do with joke and what I posted earlier on?

Calm down now experienced Chief-bridesmaid

1 Like

Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by engrfcuksmtin(m): 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2012
RuuDie: Have you ever been a best-man or bridesmaid!?

What role did you do for the couple before, during and the marriage? What challenges did you face? What did you enjoy the most, what did you hate the most. . .and would you do it again if presented the opportunity?
I enjoyed the fun filled, explosive private moment with the bridesmaid gosh!!!! Please call me if you are in need of best man for your wedding make sure the bridesmaid is beautiful wink grin
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 12, 2012
kulyie: I was d chief brides maid for my cousins wedding,jeez,she brot a tube gown dat i shud wear,i told her d tin wasnt my size,it squuezed my br..eas..t n my tummy so much dat i wasnt comfortable on friday,she now said i shud manage it den afta d wedding i wud adjust it,i said neva,somtin am nt comfortable i shud endure,when d make up artist came,i was nowhere to b found because av gone to d tailors shop to ammend d gown unfortunatly for d tailor n nt me,she messed up d gown,she said sorry,but @ dis point,her sorry didnt mean anytin to me,i went back home n told iyawo dat am nt doin chief brides maid again o,she shud look for anoda person,infact i said it in d presence of her mom,she said y,i said d tailor has spoilt d gown,d mom tot i was jokin n she was like shewa u like expensive jokes,abeg shift joor,i said it wil suprise u when i wear aso ebi tomoro n i dnt wear d tube gown n walked away,dat was wen iyawo knew i was serious,she now drew me back n begged me because there was no one in d family dat cud do chief brides maid,quickly on friday evening,iyawos friends took me to a bridal shop n contributed money to buy anoda gown dat i was perfect in,afta d wedding,iyawos body cooled down,she was now telin me d g.strings she bought wasnt enof,she needs all dis kind of sexy teaser outfits all dis strip gals wear n i first teased her by sayin i wont buy it because its nt useful in her marriage,she shud b telin me to buy bubu,iro n buba,oja etc instead of all dose outfits ashewos wear,anyway i got dem for her,nt too long afta her marriage,i got a job in anoda state different from where dey live n d only way we talk is tru d fone.shes got a kid now
abeg, somebody should help me decipher this mumbo jumbo.
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by passionate88: 2:48pm On Nov 12, 2012
Vivi no fight o... U b lady.. Cool ur temper
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 12, 2012
tunapawizzy:

Calm down now experienced Chief-bridesmaid

subliminal!

1 Like

Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by markus1133: 2:52pm On Nov 12, 2012
always will be
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 12, 2012

You know I love you? Please nne, type in full. Whenever I see your shorthand writing, I honestly try to understand but when I can't, I just give up. Like the above post
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by tunapawizzy: 2:54pm On Nov 12, 2012

sorry o my sister , u ursef read this nonsense wey u write and tell me if u honestly think u r alright
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by vascey(m): 2:54pm On Nov 12, 2012
vivian chinaza: Yes I have been, and I'm about to again.
My duties?
Before and on the wedding day:
I help in planning the wedding, running around, making choices, remind her of things she forgets. Then take care of her, make sure she doesn't stress herself much, remind her to eat and rest when necessary etc. In fact, she owns me for these 2 days, and she is permitted to boss me around.

Who buys my chief bridesmaid dress? I do.

After the wedding:
Its my duty to help her be the best wife she can be by not giving her the wrong piece of advise if she ever confides in me.
If I see her taking the wrong path that I know will jeopardise her marriage, I will call her to order. Etc.

These are what I have done for my friends, and I'm about to do again, and they are what I'd expect from my chief when my own time comes.

10/10 likes.

I like reliable people like you. Always dedicated and take responsibility seriously.

You have really interpreted your role very well. Ideally, the role of best man/chief bride's maid ought to transcend the friendship and the wedding day.
You must look out for the couple going forward.

But Vivian lemme advise you- "What you do for another, don't expect for yourself. Else you be disappointed. Most people are unreliable and would disappoint you at the slightest opportunity".

4 Likes

Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by Redmosquito(m): 2:55pm On Nov 12, 2012
Minion: My King! Have u ever been invited to a wedding?!
Hades: Hmph! Mortals have a great fear of death. My presence would be deemed badluck.
Minion: Ouch! That must hurt! embarassed
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by fittty(m): 3:00pm On Nov 12, 2012
undecided

Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by vivianc(f): 3:03pm On Nov 12, 2012
passionate88: Vivi no fight o... U b lady.. Cool ur temper
Its ok babe, temper cooled! grin grin
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by fapcrook(m): 3:04pm On Nov 12, 2012
I was as an undergraduate, and didnt take any active part in d wedding. Infact they gave me d cloth free as it was a sister's wedding
Re: As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid by Koolking(m): 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2012
It's an honour being one. You become a co-celebrity instantly

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? / What Meal Have You Prepared This Morning For Christmas? / Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.