Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos (9591 Views)

Security Guard Sets Master’s House On Fire After Disagreement / Final Year Student Hacked To Death By His Hausa Security Guard (Graphic Pic) / Security Guard's Wife Mistaken For Millionaire's Wife, Kidnapped In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by RoyalRoy(m): 5:45am On Nov 12, 2012
The fear of Naija police men is the beginning of wisdom.....

An employee of Access Bank Plc, Mr. Femi Badejo, and his security guard, Joshua Moses, were shot by policemen in Lagos on Saturday after they responded to a distress call about a robbery at the banker’s home in Ikota area of the state.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the robbers had attacked Badejo and his neighbours around 4am and one of the neighbours made a distress call to the police, but by the time the policemen arrived about an hour later, the robbers had fled.

Badejo said he and his neighbours were in the compound discussing what had transpired when the policemen stormed the building and started shooting sporadically.

He is currently receiving treatment at St. Nicholas Hospital, Lagos Island.

Badejo said, “I live in a one-storey building and there are four tenants occupying the ground floor. Around 4am, armed robbers stormed our house.

“The robbers robbed all of us occupying the ground floor. They stole my clothes, money, phones and other valuables. While the robbery was ongoing, one of the tenants called Maroko Police Division.”

Badejo said after the robbers had fled, scores of policemen arrived at the house while one of them started shooting indiscriminately, adding that he was hit five times.

He said, “We (neighbours) were all inside the compound counting our losses when we heard a slam on the gate. Immediately the security guard opened, one of the policemen started shooting indiscriminately.

“The security guard was shot in the pelvis and in the back but the bullet pierced through his chest. I immediately took cover under a car but the policeman came to where I was and started shooting at me.

“Another policeman came behind me and shot. The first shot came through my feet and fractured my leg. Two shots grazed my thighs. Another shot went through my biceps and came out, while one went through my wrist.

Badejo added that it took the intervention of the other neighbours as well as the Divisional Police Officer of the station to prevent him from being killed.

Badejo and the injured guard were immediately rushed to the hospital. The guard was subsequently transferred to General Hospital, Broad Street, and then Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja. He is said to be in a critical condition.

One of our correspondents learnt that Badejo was scheduled to give a lecture at a summit organised by the bank on Saturday.

According to a colleague who craved anonymity, the company executives were curious when he did not show up as scheduled.

He said, “Badejo is in Total Quality Management Department at the head office. He is part of the team working on the 21st century transformation which the bank is working on. He was supposed to deliver a lecture at 8.30am but when we did not see him, we began to wonder what went wrong.

“It was not until later that we received words from one his relatives that he was shot by policemen.”

Badejo, who berated the police for lack of professionalism, said, “When the policemen came into the compound, they didn’t even ask any questions. One of them just started shooting. Even the armed robbers did not even assault me, they only took my belongings.”

On Tuesday, a commercial motorcycle rider, Adigun Atilola, was shot by a policeman at Ilupeju during the clampdown on okada riders. The following day, a policeman, Oluwatiyesi Gboyega, also allegedly shot and killed a bus conductor during an argument over N50.

A call placed to the spokesperson for the state police command, Ngozi Braide, on Sunday was not answered and neither did she reply a text message sent to her on the shooting of the banker and securityman.

www.punchng.com/news/policemen-shoot-robbed-banker-security-guard-in-lagos/
Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by SlyIg(f): 5:52am On Nov 12, 2012
Unbelievable... But dem for shoot the armed robbers like that?

1 Like

Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by gbadexy(m): 6:58am On Nov 12, 2012
We are surviving daily in nigeria by God's special grace not ordinary grace.
Many of those recruits are unintelligent, crude and frustrated. Their officers tend to be composed, but wasn't there an officer amongst them to lead them there.
Those people have no regard for human lives, even if those shot were thieves, they obviously weren't armed and arresting them would have sufficed instead of shooting.

4 Likes

Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 12, 2012
Sometimes I wonder if some of these policemen went through any formal education process... They should all be made to go through a pschological test and any of them who fails should be sent to a rehab.
Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by slap1(m): 7:23am On Nov 12, 2012
The 1diot.s were obviously scared sh1tless, guess they were just looking to shoot away their fears. Just when you think you've seen the worst. . .

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by RoyalRoy(m): 7:32am On Nov 12, 2012
Lack of proper training and maybe fear must have been a factor her. They must be relieved to know the thieves were gone only to start shooting at innocent people.
Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by gunuvi(m): 8:21am On Nov 12, 2012
Speechless
Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by k2039: 8:55am On Nov 12, 2012
NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE,NPF IS ONLY A REFLECTION OF IT.
This people are not really police just some idiots that are armed in police clothing.

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 8:56am On Nov 12, 2012
lol grin @ the NPF...they never fail to disappoint.

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by Freezle(m): 8:58am On Nov 12, 2012
I heard about the scenario from a close friend of mine that reside in that environ, the Nigerian police are lacking strategy in dealing with this robbers in our country, they are always know for late coming in a scenario like that.

Good help and protect Nigerians
Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by mekaboy(m): 9:05am On Nov 12, 2012
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT.THE POLICEMEN ARE THE SAME ARMED ROBBERS WHO ROBBED THEM. THEY LEFT AND CHANGED TO THIER UNIFORM AND CAME BACK TO FINISH THEM.

7 Likes

Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by dnawah(m): 9:13am On Nov 12, 2012
When someone go to his village and bring his bros put him uniform wat do u expect?some of them were palm wine tapers and hunters.;->

1 Like

Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by catchcold1(m): 9:19am On Nov 12, 2012
Omo..dis story sounds like one of dose sci-fi movies.
"...but d policeman came to where I was and started shooting @ me". Comedy!!!
My broda thank God for ur life ooo.
D next tym i c a po-po,I go run like say tomoro no dey!!
Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by Hardfact: 9:21am On Nov 12, 2012
Whack, crude, illtrained, unprofessional, unintelligent, incompetent, . . . These are sorts of words that tend to best describe most officers of the Nigerian police and their approach to their job. Or how else do you explain such numerous occurences as this, like the killing of a harmless okada rider just last week . . .
Worse still there seem no mechanism in place to sanction such erring officers.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by Konquest: 9:27am On Nov 12, 2012
Royal Roy: The fear of Naija police men is the beginning of wisdom.....

www.punchng.com/news/policemen-shoot-robbed-banker-security-guard-in-lagos/

^^^^^^^^^
The Nigerian Police should start using modern crime fighting tools such as the Sonic
devices for demobilising criminals so they don't have to use live bullets all the time
in crime prevention as seen in foreign crime fighting programs on cable TV.
Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by Beetwo(m): 9:27am On Nov 12, 2012
Action film by 9ja polis, every day na comedy 4 we country, wat a tragedy.
Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 12, 2012
This Police PRO, Ngozi 'Braide' or whatever is her name is extremely disgusting to me. Competence has nothing to do with how expertly your hair is braided or how well you apply your make up. She NEVER has a meaningful response to any enquiry. Let her gerrrrout from there if she has no clue about what her job entails.

The story is truly sad, and again confirms what we already know about the Nigerian police.
Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by pressongodsay(m): 9:31am On Nov 12, 2012
Even civilians dat are not train, if given riffle wil not shoot d way nigerian police do.
Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by 2sexy(m): 9:36am On Nov 12, 2012
emmysenior: Sometimes I wonder if some of these policemen went through any formal education process... They should all be made to go through a pschological test and any of them who fails should be sent to a rehab.

Good question... now here is the truth... most of them are ex Agbero. I will give a real life experience.

Back in the days in my secondary school, there was this guy who was always into rioting with other secondary school gang. He use to smoke hemp, steal his mother's money. The father was a mopol then. The later on I heard he has been receruited into the Nigerian Police Force... Now tell me; what will be the result of that?
Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 12, 2012
NPF are licensed killers,most of them are mentally deranged,what do you expect from a someone who is an illiterate? I fear Nigeria police more than a Black Mamba(snake).

1 Like

Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by igbsam(m): 9:40am On Nov 12, 2012
Nigerian Police are becoming something else. I went to eat in a restaurant last week wednesday. We were all eating when some group of policemen came in to eat also with their AKs. All of a sudden almost everybody in the canteen stood up, left their food went straight to the lady selling, paid her and left. I was wondering wat happend ? Make i no carry last, I rush my meat chop, leave my amala too, went to pay and walked out. Only to see the same group of people who walked out of the canteen, standing at a Kiosk close to the canteen discussing and loitering around. I asked why they left like that without finishing their food. The response cracked my ribs as if they planned it. They said "O'boy, u never hear accidental discharge before ?" You see those policemen came in with guns and u wan wait to know the outcome ? This policemen fit vex say Maggi or salt too plenty for the soup now, begin pull trigger anyhow. Who wan die. The funny thing about the scenerio was that, after those police men finished eating and walked out of the canteen, u need to see the way we all rushed in back to finish our food. Walahi, the woman selling, laugh so tey, tooth pick fall inside her pot of soup full of egunfe and brokoto!

7 Likes

Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by petrov10: 9:47am On Nov 12, 2012
they wan kill thief
Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by pomporiking: 9:49am On Nov 12, 2012
Give an illiterate a gun.this is what happens
Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by kaysy(m): 9:51am On Nov 12, 2012
in my opinion, the NPF should be rehabilitated and only people with minimum of OND should be recruited... those animals in uniforms lacks formal and moral educational upbringing.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by bknight: 9:51am On Nov 12, 2012
All these guys with only first school leaving certificate as d highest qualification shld not be allowed to carry guns any more. NPF shld make minimum requirement diploma or something of dat kind.

angry
Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by Moshkom(m): 10:05am On Nov 12, 2012
9ja Movie... Stil coming Out shey?
Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by Osama10(m): 10:15am On Nov 12, 2012
In the first place why bother calling the NPF?
Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by akunjohn(m): 10:26am On Nov 12, 2012
Oro buruku tohun terin,
Nigerian Police,a walkin bomb ready to unleash any fuckin time.
Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by Boss13: 10:28am On Nov 12, 2012
Arrrrgh..... this guy is my friend oh. I am on my way to St. Nicholas. Thank God he is not dead. Such a nice guy. What is wrong with the Police
Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by akunjohn(m): 10:28am On Nov 12, 2012
They were trained to shoot first and ask question later
Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by buchito1(m): 10:42am On Nov 12, 2012
naija police are very confused angry... dey dont even knw who to pursue again
Re: Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos by Jaideyone(m): 10:56am On Nov 12, 2012
Hehe this is phucking hilarious... Rotlmao... Just trying to picture the whole scenario... My roomie thinks i'm going mad. Hehe

(1) (2) (Reply)

NDLEA Seizes 4.9m Tramadol Capsules At Onne Port, 218.6kg Skunk In Adamawa, Ondo / Street Fight in Lagos Island Between Onala and Okepopo. / Court Remands Four Businessmen In Prison For Producing Fake Engine Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.