Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Ofadaboy Ofada Rice Recipe Special - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ofadaboy Ofada Rice Recipe Special (2293 Views)

Coconut Rice Recipe!!!! / Recipe For Losing Weight..... Lose 12kg In Two Weeks / The Best Peppery Jollof Rice Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ofadaboy Ofada Rice Recipe Special by ofadaboy(m): 12:01pm On Nov 12, 2012
INGREDIENTS
4 cups of ofada rice
Unripe pepper (Rodo)
Unripe tomatoes
1 large size onion
Assorted meat (Beef, Liver,
Kidney, Shaki, Ponmo, e.t.c)
Medium size dried fish
Dried crayfish
Medium size stock fish
Locust beans
Palm oil
Groundnut oil
Choice of seasoning
Salt
Green leaves (ewe use for moimoi)

PREPARATION

Put your pot filled with water on fire to boil. Rinse your ofada rice and pour it in the boiling water. Ensure that you have enough water for the rice to boil properly. When the ofada rice is properly done, drain the water from it and put the rice in a warmer. The water must not be allowed to dry with the ofada rice.
NB: If you buy your rice from the local market you will have to pick out the dirt and stones before cooking but if you buy already packaged from the supermarket you just unpack, rinse and cook.

THE SAUCE

Parboil the assorted meat with salt and seasoning. When it is almost done, wash your pieced stockfish and add it to the boiling meat to make it soft. Fry the assorted meat with groundnut oil. Get another pot, put it on the fire to dry, add your palm oil, allow it to be very hot i.e. (bleached). When it is bleached put it off the fire to cool a bit. Pour the blended pepper (unripe rodo, tomatoes and onion) when it is properly fried. Wash the locust beans (iru), the stock fish, the dried fish and the crayfish to remove stone particles. Pour everything in the fried sauce including your assorted meat, add your choice of seasoning and salt to taste. Allow everything to cook for 15mins.
HOW TO SERVE
Get your leaves washed properly and place on a plate. Put your ofada rice on the leave and add your ofada sauce and it is ready to eat.
Ofada rice is local and not processed like the common rice. It is very nutritious
The essence of the leaf is to make the rice look local with nice aroma.

NUTRITIONAL FACTS

Rice is packed with nutrients as it contains well over 15 vitamins and minerals. It is an excellent source of complex carbohydrates, which are the best kind, stored in muscles and gives us energy when we need it. It contains high quality proteins, especially when compared to other grains. Rice contains all eight of the essential amino acids (leucine, isoleucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanain, theronine, tryptophan and valine) which help to build and maintain muscle tissue and make up enzymes, antibodies and hormones.
The amount of nutrients depends on the rice brand. White rice will not offer vitamin A, vitamin C or calcium. The amount of iron that it will supply will likely be half of what brown rice can offer, and it also has less protein than brown rice.
Vitamin B1 (thiamine), vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B3 (niacin), vitamin E, Choline, vitamins B6 and B9 (folate); albeit nutrients such as vitamin K and betaine, are only found in brown rice.

1 Like

Re: Ofadaboy Ofada Rice Recipe Special by olushowunm(m): 6:46am On Aug 23, 2014
More of this please.... I'm from Ofada too and i like seeing people pushing something of our culture than imported thrash!
Re: Ofadaboy Ofada Rice Recipe Special by beckyomas(f): 4:33pm On Aug 23, 2014
Hmmm...this is so nice, the only Bleep-up is that you didn't include pictures. I love this food, haven't eaten it in a long while.
Re: Ofadaboy Ofada Rice Recipe Special by mamachops(f): 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2014
let me help u wit pix....my delight

(1) (Reply)

This Chicken Is Totally Black From Head To Toe / 7 Asun Pictures To Console You If You Didn’t Get Sallah Meat / SHOCKER -top 8 Foods That Can Cause Miscarriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.