Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Need Young But Experienced Director To Partner For Afrinolly Short Film Contest - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Need Young But Experienced Director To Partner For Afrinolly Short Film Contest (1055 Views)

'Action Film'- A Short Film Script By Sholay2011 / Nigerian Horror Story- A Short Film Script / Afrinolly Short Film Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Young But Experienced Director To Partner For Afrinolly Short Film Contest by ypzilanti: 12:07pm On Nov 12, 2012
Seeking young and creative director that has had some formal training to partner with.

The immediate purpose is to shoot a 15 minutes film for entry into the MTN Afrinolly short film competition.

I have written a great script. It's awesome and guaranteed to be in the top ten if given the right creative input.

I'm also creating a production company for future business in the entertainment sector.

So...if you are young and bursting with creative energy. If you are looking for a breakthrough into the big time. If you have had some directorial and film making experience and would like to collaborate. Lets talk.

Please know-it-alls should not bother to hit me up.

Cheers.
Re: Need Young But Experienced Director To Partner For Afrinolly Short Film Contest by Briareos(m): 10:38pm On Nov 12, 2012
Hello Ypzilanti,

I also thought of posting something like this on here, but I was discouraged by many reasons. One of which is the seriousness of anybody that shows interest.

If you are really serious, we can work something out.

I'm not claiming to be an expert or sort, but I do believe I have what it takes.

Also, my experience is limited - but I just finish participating in the 48 hours film challenge.

My email is briareos806@gmail.com

Feel free to holla at me.

Ciao.
Re: Need Young But Experienced Director To Partner For Afrinolly Short Film Contest by bodmaxis1: 11:25pm On Nov 12, 2012
ypzilanti: Seeking young and creative director that has had some formal training to partner with.

The immediate purpose is to shoot a 15 minutes film for entry into the MTN Afrinolly short film competition.

I have written a great script. It's awesome and guaranteed to be in the top ten if given the right creative input.

I'm also creating a production company for future business in the entertainment sector.

So...if you are young and bursting with creative energy. If you are looking for a breakthrough into the big time. If you have had some directorial and film making experience and would like to collaborate. Lets talk.

Please know-it-alls should not bother to hit me up.

Depending on what you mean by formal, the art of creativity I can guarantee with profile, yet the formality is what I do not like.
I got to like collaboration but how?

Cheers.
Re: Need Young But Experienced Director To Partner For Afrinolly Short Film Contest by ekwurekwu(m): 7:07am On Nov 13, 2012
am in hala ekwurekwu@gmail.com
Re: Need Young But Experienced Director To Partner For Afrinolly Short Film Contest by VillageBoi(m): 4:24pm On Nov 13, 2012
Any UK based members want to make a film or two for this? I already have one film submitted.
Re: Need Young But Experienced Director To Partner For Afrinolly Short Film Contest by nex(m): 7:02pm On Nov 13, 2012
It will be nice if any of you guys would post a link to something you've done previously. I have a script I'm trying to convert into a screenplay for the contest, but I'm not very keen. If I find good partners though, I won't mind at all. I wish you all the best.
Re: Need Young But Experienced Director To Partner For Afrinolly Short Film Contest by ekwurekwu(m): 9:48am On Nov 14, 2012
VillageBoi:
Any UK based members want to make a film or two for this? I already have one film submitted.

abeg,how you take submit ur own?explain small naw.u dey facebook or twitter?
Re: Need Young But Experienced Director To Partner For Afrinolly Short Film Contest by VillageBoi(m): 11:49am On Nov 14, 2012
ekwurekwu:

abeg,how you take submit ur own?explain small naw.u dey facebook or twitter?

Oh it's pretty easy. You go to their site and upload your film there. Luckily it's not one of those contests that 'demand' posting a DVD copy. Good luck with your entry.
Re: Need Young But Experienced Director To Partner For Afrinolly Short Film Contest by VillageBoi(m): 11:57am On Nov 14, 2012
nex: It will be nice if any of you guys would post a link to something you've done previously. I have a script I'm trying to convert into a screenplay for the contest, but I'm not very keen. If I find good partners though, I won't mind at all. I wish you all the best.

Kinda old showreel. I really do need to update it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENDa67HiyLM&context=C498dcd4ADvjVQa1PpcFPGOFQUxJ5I9-H2weQQN9LbnKewxErnldI=
Re: Need Young But Experienced Director To Partner For Afrinolly Short Film Contest by ypzilanti: 2:49pm On Nov 14, 2012
ekwurekwu: am in hala ekwurekwu@gmail.com

Hello there. Please what types of jobs have you done in the past. Thanks.
Re: Need Young But Experienced Director To Partner For Afrinolly Short Film Contest by ypzilanti: 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2012
Briareos: Hello Ypzilanti,

I also thought of posting something like this on here, but I was discouraged by many reasons. One of which is the seriousness of anybody that shows interest.

If you are really serious, we can work something out.

I'm not claiming to be an expert or sort, but I do believe I have what it takes.

Also, my experience is limited - but I just finish participating in the 48 hours film challenge.

My email is briareos806@gmail.com

Feel free to holla at me.

Ciao.

Just sent you and e-mail with an overview of the script. Let me know what you think. Cheers.
Re: Need Young But Experienced Director To Partner For Afrinolly Short Film Contest by ekwurekwu(m): 4:19pm On Nov 14, 2012
ypzilanti:

Hello there. Please what types of jobs have you done in the past. Thanks.

here is a link- http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=NG&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google&v=wLy6GLEcZzU
Re: Need Young But Experienced Director To Partner For Afrinolly Short Film Contest by sheyma: 2:20pm On Nov 16, 2012
VillageBoi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENDa67HiyLM&context=C498dcd4ADvjVQa1PpcFPGOFQUxJ5I9-H2weQQN9LbnKewxErnldI=
Is dat ur work or u compiled and edited dos videos together
Re: Need Young But Experienced Director To Partner For Afrinolly Short Film Contest by sheyma: 2:33pm On Nov 16, 2012
VillageBoi:

D promo test on youtube,is it actuakly ur work.
Re: Need Young But Experienced Director To Partner For Afrinolly Short Film Contest by VillageBoi(m): 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2012
sheyma:
Is dat ur work or u compiled and edited dos videos together

EVERY SINGLE ONE of the works on vimeo and youtube are my works. Everything has either been written, directed, DOP'd, and shot by me and I did all of the editing too. My main outlet for sharing fun projects is - https://vimeo.com/villageboi
Re: Need Young But Experienced Director To Partner For Afrinolly Short Film Contest by sheyma: 6:08pm On Nov 16, 2012
VillageBoi:

EVERY SINGLE ONE of the works on vimeo and youtube are my works. Everything has either been written, directed, DOP'd, and shot by me and I did all of the editing too. My main outlet for sharing fun projects is - https://vimeo.com/villageboi

Bro thumbs up man.can I get ur email, so wecould discus well
Re: Need Young But Experienced Director To Partner For Afrinolly Short Film Contest by VillageBoi(m): 6:41pm On Nov 16, 2012
sheyma:

Bro thumbs up man.can I get ur email, so wecould discus well

Thanks bro. Yeah sure; my email is aneleonwuka@btinternet.com
Re: Need Young But Experienced Director To Partner For Afrinolly Short Film Contest by somadino: 11:46pm On Dec 07, 2012
This may have long been settled, just in case you haven't found someone to help. You may want to contact me.
Re: Need Young But Experienced Director To Partner For Afrinolly Short Film Contest by ypzilanti: 11:22am On Dec 17, 2012
somadino: This may have long been settled, just in case you haven't found someone to help. You may want to contact me.

It's settled. Thanks for the response.
Re: Need Young But Experienced Director To Partner For Afrinolly Short Film Contest by somadino: 8:16am On Feb 21, 2013
Okay, one of my entries was selected. I tot I shld mention it here.
Kindly vote for Boli Culture (Documentary) #AfrinollyShortfilm http://afrinollyshortfilmcompetition.com/vote.php
Re: Need Young But Experienced Director To Partner For Afrinolly Short Film Contest by VillageBoi(m): 11:27am On Feb 21, 2013
somadino: Okay, one of my entries was selected. I tot I shld mention it here.
Kindly vote for Boli Culture (Documentary) #AfrinollyShortfilm http://afrinollyshortfilmcompetition.com/vote.php

Congratulations, well done. I really wish you had mentioned it before we voted. If I had known I def would have voted for you as NL members need to support each other. The documentary section was amazing IMHO a hundred times better than the 'narrative' section - https://www.nairaland.com/1197522/afrinolly-short-film-competition

(1) (Reply)

Most Favourite TV Program ? / Anime Websites / Who Is Better: Robert De Niro Vs Al Pacino

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.