Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,605 members, 7,801,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Haiti Joins African Union - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Haiti Joins African Union (15712 Views)

Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti / Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti / Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Haiti Joins African Union by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2012
November 11, 2012/Africa Union/Haiti

The black race is gradually coming together. Where other world groupings are primarily motivated by strategic, security, political and economic interests, Africans wherever they are can count also on their common history of being black.

Haiti currently has the status of Member Observer with the African Union and submitted to that organization, a formal request for the status of full Associate Member of the Union of Heads of State and Government of Africa, a status that will be effective starting from January 2013.

In January 2011, the Libyan leader Muammar Kaddafi who was killed by NATO in October of the same year asked the following question to delegates who were attending an international conference for the African Diaspora from around the world that he had convened in Tripoli.

“Why shouldn’t people of black descent leaving outside the African mother continent be allowed to have a referendum to decide if they wanted to be part of Africa or not.”  

As we know there are many countries out of Africa, particularly in the Caribbean’s Islands, where black people constitute the majority. Even Brazil itself is getting closer to such category.

The admission of Haiti to the African Union is a significant milestone of bringing together the black family of Africans as a people.

May this reunion of Haiti with the mother continent be a strong motivation for other nations with black majorities to see in such strong relationship a source for future prosperity of respective populations either in Africa or concerned countries?

People from the South – where most Blacks are – , have in the past strongly counted on their cooperation with the North for their development. Though the latter is still dominant, there are clear signs that the tides are shifting. The more the former will find in themselves the resources to uplift their populations the better.

http://proshareng.com/news/18735/Haiti-becomes-member-of-the-African-Union

5 Likes

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 12, 2012
Great news - other Caribbean and South American countries should follow Haiti's lead... That was the plan when AU was created, anyway - and Molefi Kete Asante alluded to this in one of his interviews... However, the AU has been hijacked again by USA and the EU - they need to get back to the basics, and go back to why the OAU was scrapped for AU...

"The Constitutive Act of the AU declares that it shall "invite and encourage the full participation of the African diaspora as an important part of our Continent, in the building of the African Union". The African Union Government has defined the African diaspora as "consisting of people of African origin living outside the continent, irrespective of their citizenship and nationality and who are willing to contribute to the development of the continent and the building of the African Union"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Union

God bless Haiti..
God bless Africa..
God bless the black race..

2 Likes

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:30pm On Nov 12, 2012
One needs to be half-shy about considering the AU's performance since inception. As with most African Nations, Haiti will do well to review that

1 Like

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:37pm On Nov 12, 2012
Good development; Haiti (maybe b'cos they're predominantly black) have gained next to nothing from all the wealthy neighbours surrounding them....i know bad leadership by the Duvaliers has a lot to do with where they find themselves today, but still wealthy countries like the US, Brazil, etc, should have been able to do more to help that poor country (esp' after the earthquake).

I know we have our problems here in Africa, but it would be good if the AU can organize some kind of grant/economic marshal plan for Haiti.

5 Likes

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by topsyking: 1:38pm On Nov 12, 2012
Ghadafi is one pan africanist dat africa will never have again..ghadafi have a bright idea of africanism but he was murdered by the west...COME HOME HAITI!!
COME HOME BLACK AFRICAN AROUND. D WORLD.

20 Likes

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by pappilo(m): 1:38pm On Nov 12, 2012
I miss Gaddaffi, A foremost Pan-Africanist

10 Likes

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by manny4life(m): 1:39pm On Nov 12, 2012
ok... good
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 12, 2012
Time for the wind of African Renaissance and Black Consciousness to start blowing on the African continent, the future is bright! We ruled the world for more than 6,000 years, however, we're on back foot now(for more than 400 years)... But the black race shall rise again!!

This is the African century, however, Africans on the continent need to follow the lead of the diasporans..

Muammar Ghaddafi started this, and we need to continue from where he stopped...

2 Likes

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Vado(m): 1:42pm On Nov 12, 2012
This is an awesome development. God bless the spirit of african brotherhood.

2 Likes

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by pappilo(m): 1:43pm On Nov 12, 2012
topsyking: Ghadafi is one pan africanist dat africa will never have again..ghadafi have a bright idea of africanism but he was murdered by the west...COME HOME HAITI!!

Bruv, Our posts came in at the same time and we are saying exactly the same thing! Long live Africans! Death to Obamba, Babylonians and Imperailists!

1 Like

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Freiburger(m): 1:43pm On Nov 12, 2012
shymexx:
This is the African century, however, Africans on the continent need to follow the lead of the diasporans..

Certainly, but if only we can work on our own mind set.
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 12, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: One needs to be half-shy about considering the AU's performance since inception. As with most African Nations, Haiti will do well to review that

How do you mean? - AU started well, however, it was hijacked by the USA and EU...

They stay blackmailing Africans with the stupid aids...

1 Like

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 12, 2012
Not exactly sure what they Stand to gain from Africa going forward. Although, some African countries donated handsomely when the disaster hit them last year or so.

I'm indifferent really!
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by petrov10: 1:45pm On Nov 12, 2012
i thout haiti was an american country i thout haiti was an american country
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by naptu2: 1:45pm On Nov 12, 2012
I've often wondered how Pan-Africanism (coming together) squares with ethnic bigotry (division).
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 12, 2012
Freiburger:
Certainly, but if only we can work on our own mind set.

That's more reason why people like you need to embrace black consciousness and have an African mind...

You love US and its imperialism too much for me to take you seriously... grin

Are you down with the struggle, brother?
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by topsyking: 1:46pm On Nov 12, 2012
Most haiti pple look like my Igbo pplee..my ibo pple ya brodas are coming home..bravo! Bravo!
Check dis pics of a haiti man and compare wit ur everyday ibo guys hustling on the road at ikoyi..

1 Like

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 12, 2012
naptu2: I've often wondered how Pan-Africanism (coming together) squares with ethnic bigotry (division).

There's ethnic bigotry everywhere, even in Europe - however, that hasn't stopped the EU from Pan-Europeanism, has it?

1 Like

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Megabyts(m): 1:48pm On Nov 12, 2012
I expect these kind of event to happen especially from a people who after bieng used as saves in the western plantation wer dumped in the disaster prune wasteland of the Americas.haitians should all come back to Africa.
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by RedLight1: 1:50pm On Nov 12, 2012
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by topsyking: 1:50pm On Nov 12, 2012
pappilo:

Bruv, Our posts came in at the same time and we are saying exactly the same thing! Long live Africans! Death to Obamba, Babylonians and Imperailists!
Wow what a coincident...ghadafi all d way..libya enjoy everytin till dey kill him...
Africa! Africa! Africa which way again

1 Like

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Thok(m): 1:51pm On Nov 12, 2012
I hope sei no b as dem reject dem 4 anoda union, we kom dey accept am. Anyways they are welcome.
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by 9jaIhail(m): 1:51pm On Nov 12, 2012
shymexx: Time for the wind of African Renaissance and Black Consciousness to start blowing on the African continent, the future is bright! We ruled the world for more than 6,000 years, however, we're on back foot now(for more than 400 years)... But the black race shall rise again!!

Muammar Ghaddafi started this, and we need to continue from where he stopped...

It is very unfortunate that only in Africa heroes never celebrated while alive. What a shame that africans allowed EU and America to kill Ghadafi due to his refusal for them to have access to Libya God given wealth.

1 Like

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by topsyking: 1:52pm On Nov 12, 2012
topsyking: Most haiti pple look like my Igbo pplee..my ibo pple ya brodas are coming home..bravo! Bravo!
Check dis pics of a haiti man and compare wit ur everyday ibo guys hustling on the road at ikoyi..

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:53pm On Nov 12, 2012
What is African Union offering it member countries?

There is war allover the continent yet has there been any peaceful solution from the africa head of states?

It is a good move but isn't this another group of poverty striking countries?

Of what useful is africa union without any agenda to wipe out corruption and self imposed rulership.

I think this is a bridge to nowhere.

Like I said

It is a good move but it is not a part to success for we africans and her countries.

1 Like

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Redmosquito(m): 1:53pm On Nov 12, 2012
Minion: My King! Haiti is now an African country
Hades: Black men and black hope. Black dreams to Black ashes. Another joins the African cacophany.
Minion: My Lord! U need to look toward the light sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by lecturerdabo(m): 1:54pm On Nov 12, 2012
topsyking: Ghadafi is one pan africanist dat africa will never have again..ghadafi have a bright idea of africanism but he was murdered by the west...COME HOME HAITI!!

THANKS BRO

SADLY, MAJORITY OF AFRICANS KEPT SILENT WHEN THIS GREAT NATIONALIST WAS BEING BOMBARDED BY NATO cry cry
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by redsun(m): 1:54pm On Nov 12, 2012
If only africa has a leak proof roof of her own to shelter broken,battered and wet haiti.
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by cheddarking(m): 1:55pm On Nov 12, 2012
What does Haiti have to offer Africa?
What does the African Union have to offer Haiti?

This is just criminally minded black leaders banding together to optimize theft efficiency...

Game must always recognize game...
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Ice4jez(m): 1:56pm On Nov 12, 2012
god bless africa and the black races

1 Like

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by gistme24(m): 1:57pm On Nov 12, 2012
Sunny_bobo: November 11, 2012/Africa Union/Haiti

In January 2011, the Libyan leader Muammar Kaddafi who was killed by NATO in October

http://proshareng.com/news/18735/Haiti-becomes-member-of-the-African-Union

Wrong sir!

On a side note, Kaddafi is a Pan African when it suits his goals. He is a brutal terrorist with huge resources to launder his image.

Haiti, welcome .

1 Like

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by 9jaIhail(m): 1:57pm On Nov 12, 2012
Nigeria is an empty giant of africa, first country to recognized rebel Govt in Libya.What a shame that Nigeria a nation that claimed to be giant of it continent but lack the will to resist invaders.I pray africa produce the likes of Ghadafi in every african country i am sure african can regain it lost glory in the hand of former slave traders. EU AND USA.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid / President Biden: Russia Is Committing ‘Genocide’ in Ukraine / Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.