Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,663 members, 7,770,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 02:58 PM

I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. (53293 Views)

Somebody Should Help,i Keep Having Malaria Every 2weeks. / I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. / Cancer Week; Please Get Screened. Prevention Is Cheaper And Safer Than Cure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by LesbianBoy(m): 1:30pm On Nov 13, 2012
Odunnu: Na you sabi, Semid! No come spoil show here o
Odunnu =Native doctor in the making angry
Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by olawalebabs(m): 1:31pm On Nov 13, 2012
Jarus: The malaria part is being caused by compromised immunity.

Go do other tests asap from HIV to Hepatitis.

Dr Jarus, you never disapoint me.
Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by chidyke77(m): 1:31pm On Nov 13, 2012
It may be stress both physical and mental,toxins in ur blood too.
Another cause of it is frequent mast.burbation if u indulge in it.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by santakris(m): 1:32pm On Nov 13, 2012
Khayordhe: Sorry 2 say dis o
[size=28pt]HAVE U DONE HIV TEST B4?[/size]
Yeah go for test.
Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by IYuckMoufI: 1:36pm On Nov 13, 2012
~Royal~:

This niqqah has every Fuqqing symptom known throughout the history of Medicinal Literature

Fam it's Ova.

You Guys better leave those Benue State Hoez Alone.

This Niqqah probably Died right after he Pushed Submit.
Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by dagreen14: 1:36pm On Nov 13, 2012
Krucifax:
You need a full blood test that checks not just Malaria but any possible underlying causes. Many ailments give of similar symptoms and besides anything recurrent is a possible sign of something more serious(hopefully not).

No disrespect to Naija doctors but i know some people that have been diagnosed with Malaria,Typhoid etc only for them to travel abroad and discover they've been suffering Renal failure for years or some other organ malfunction! Listen to your body and possibly go and see another doctor who can give you a full blood test and count! Good luck and wish you better soon!

a very good point.....i think he needs to do a heart scan, Alot of private hospital in nigeria have no clue

1 Like

Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 13, 2012
I-YuckMouf-I:

This Niqqah probably Died right after he Pushed Submit.

Probably was typing from the hospital bed to begin with.
Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 13, 2012
If u stop ma$turbat!ng u may get better, funny but true. U may be sufferin from Post Orga$m!c Illness Syndrome, POIS. Google it n stay away from ur d;c k, or punny for now, and always sleep under a mosquito treated net....gerrit

2 Likes

Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by patanjaly: 1:39pm On Nov 13, 2012
@ op I had a similar condition during my nysc days in lagos.hardly a week pass by without malaria.at the end i came to realize that its due to change in environment. I just relocate from lagos n gam d malaria was gone.now after five years i had never had malaria. I think u should relocate from lagos.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by IYuckMoufI: 1:39pm On Nov 13, 2012
He is no Longer with us
Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by IYuckMoufI: 1:40pm On Nov 13, 2012
Sitting there crying acting like she wasn't the one who gave him the shitt in the first place
Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by kinnkw(m): 1:40pm On Nov 13, 2012
Sijo01: Run HIV and typhoid test.

Already Done those.
Still Malaria
Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by kinnkw(m): 1:42pm On Nov 13, 2012
Khayordhe: Sorry 2 say dis o
[size=28pt]HAVE U DONE HIV TEST B4?[/size]

Yes o .
2009 and 4 months ago
Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by IYuckMoufI: 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2012
Oh he ain't dead yet fam, there he go typing
Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by oferefe(f): 1:44pm On Nov 13, 2012
kinnkw: Since my relocation to Lagos since 2009, my health condition has greatly decreased.

Prior to my relocation i hardly get sick at all. As a child i suffered malaria a lot but that was when i was still in boarding school, after that i have never had malaria or any reason to go to a hospital till 2009 when i came to Lagos.

The symptoms are never severe but it affects my productivity drastically and it scares me. Most times i get scared thinking something else is wrong with me, but when i get to a hospital and run some test the result is always Malaria +. I understand some people get malaria ++ which is more serious.

Some people say i expose myself to mosquitoes a lot, but i have also discovered that i attract mosquitoes more than everybody around me.I always complain about mosquito bites once its 6pm as a result of that i hardly come outside once it get back home from work.

The symptoms i get include, very mild headache, Pain behind my eyes,heavy eyes,dizziness,abdominal pain in the mornings when i wake up, severe tiredness, Feeling weak even after a night sleep,muscular pain, pain in joints,lack of concentration, Irregular bowel movements,a feel of bloated stomach and sometimes a burning sensation in stomach like i'm hungry even after having a good meal.

I go about my daily business like normal but i'm very very bothered because these symptoms all come back a week after treatment.

My productivity is grossly affected, i have seen decrease in time i put in work and domestic related activities.
I will advise you consult another doctor, go for a full blood count,Buy mosquito net to prevent further bite,also you could take worm medication for the irregular bowel movement and bloating. Worms can be very killing at timse when too much in our body.Drink a lot of water especially in the morning,to clean your system and ensure you eat more of fruits and vegetables.Above all pray for divine healing and believe that God can heal you permanently .Good luck!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by IYuckMoufI: 1:44pm On Nov 13, 2012
And he still probably Cold.
Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by ACM10: 1:45pm On Nov 13, 2012
I sympathise with you. These are my advice:

1. Early syptoms of HIV mimicks the symptoms of malaria(run HIV test)

2. Atypical symptoms of typhoid fever closely resembles the symptoms of malaria(Do Widal test)

3. Frequent se.xual intercourse compromises body's immunity; making you susceptible to malaria attack. Moderate all forms of sex.ual intercourse including mastur.bation.

4. Frequent water intake can be helpful. Drink atleast 3 litres of water everyday.

5. Plasmodium parasite is resistant to many forms of antimalarial drugs in the market. Buy Artemisinin based Combination Therapy(ACT) drugs from a trusted pharmacy shop OR go to hospital. The doctor will reduce the malarial parasite in your system with quinine.

I wish you all the best. I suffer from malaria 5X in a year. This is due to the fact that I'm constantly under stress. I don't sleep well in the night due to the nature of my job. Most times, I work in a mosquito-infested area. Besides my blood group is A. So, my condition is understandable.
Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by millhouse: 1:48pm On Nov 13, 2012
i think you have ulcer . Try and do this test " Barium meal and swallow" .Could help
Re: I Have Malaria Every Week, Please Any Advice. by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:50pm On Nov 13, 2012
@op, I had d same problem when I was in Nigeria but since I left Nigeria, it stopped save for the first few months that I still had some of those symptoms. It wasn't funny feeling unwell at 2 weeks interval and each time I went to hospital, they said it's malaria. I ran all the test I could invluding HIV, hepatitis, Liver function test etc and all were negative but ringforms of plasmodium falciparum were always seen each time I ran malaria parasite tests. Hence I concluded my malaria had developed resistance to most anyimalarial therapy as I virtually used all known antimalarial drugs including the ACTs.

The doctors themselves didn't seem to have any answer to the problem. From my experience (I left Nigeria more than 4 years ago and haven't had such symptoms for close to 4 years now except on my last visit to Nigeria) I would say it is multi-drug resistant malaria and the best way is to reduce exposure to mosquitoes and find out if any prophylaxis works for u.

One more thing is that from all FBC (Full blood count) tests I have done, I have noticed that I have low White blood cell count of between 3.8 to 4.2 which is borderline as normal range is 4 to 11. In my own view, that could explain the decreased immunity but then why only to malaria?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Patient Dies Of Bubonic Plague In China, An Entire Village Sealed Off / Siamese Twins Joined At The Head Separated After 18-Hour Surgery In Vatican / Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.