Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,907 members, 7,802,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Breaking News: Jesse Community On Fire Monarch’s Palace Razed 10 Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Jesse Community On Fire Monarch’s Palace Razed 10 Dead (1247 Views)

Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed / Photos Of Boko Haram Patrolling Gombe And Razed Kawdon Police Headquarters / Breaking News: Jesse Jackson Arrives In Nigeria, Challenges African Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Jesse Community On Fire Monarch’s Palace Razed 10 Dead by luluosas(m): 11:28am On Nov 13, 2012
Breaking News: Jesse Community on fire; Monarch’s Palace razed, 10 dead.
November 13, 2012 oceanwaveng No comments

Written by: Ocean Wave, New Delhi.

Reports just reaching our news desk from Jesse Community in Ethiope West LGA, Delta State, suggests that intra-community crisis broke out early this morning leaving 10 persons dead (unconfirmed report) and the Palace of the traditional ruler completely razed.

Our investigation has it that the youths of the Community who have times without number, complained to the monarch over incessant ritual killings and other forms of atrocities bedeviling the Community, took to the streets in protest against the dastardly acts.

However, after marching round the Community, the youths proceeded to the King’s Palace whom they suspect to have a hand in the evil acts. On getting to the Palace, they met a fierce resisted from thugs loyal to the king. In the ensuing fight, they unleashed mayhem on the palace, burning it to ashes, with 10 men dropping dead.

Speaking to oceanwave.com on phone, a source in the community fingered the King in the atrocities being perpetuated against the Community by ritualists and insisted that the King must be brought to book.

“He (the king) must know that we are not cowards. He knows those that are killing people every day here for rituals. We can’t stomach it any more. How can we live in a community where we can’t even allow our wives to go the farm for fear of been butchered. The most painful thing is that he has even given some of the alleged ritualists land to build houses in the Community. We won’t take it anymore”.

The source however denied knowledge of the casualty figures, but noted that several persons lost their lives in the brawl.

It is however unclear as to the whereabout of the monarch, as heaving fighting is said to be still ongoing.
http://www.oceanwaveng.com/breaking-news-jesse-community-on-fire-monarchs-palace-razed-10-dead/
People from Delta State should please verify this ugly sad news.
Re: Breaking News: Jesse Community On Fire Monarch’s Palace Razed 10 Dead by Abagworo(m): 11:59am On Nov 13, 2012
luluosas:
People from Delta State should please verify this ugly sad news.

This Jesse community seems cursed. The only memory of Jesse I have is the pipeline disaster.
Re: Breaking News: Jesse Community On Fire Monarch’s Palace Razed 10 Dead by luluosas(m): 1:34pm On Nov 13, 2012
Abagworo:

This Jesse community seems cursed. The only memory of Jesse I have is the pipeline disaster.
My brother, it was a big disaster in 1997.
Re: Breaking News: Jesse Community On Fire Monarch’s Palace Razed 10 Dead by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 13, 2012
another sad sad news
Re: Breaking News: Jesse Community On Fire Monarch’s Palace Razed 10 Dead by Omen100(m): 1:58pm On Nov 13, 2012
Its true, I just confirmed the information from a Friend whose Father is a prominent Chief of Jesse kingdom & he said that that problem is with the king & that there has being some pressing issues that the king has refused to address overtime, according to him, he said that, pressmen & women should go Sapele general hospital that is where the victims are & that the casualties is more than the acclaimed 10persons.
Re: Breaking News: Jesse Community On Fire Monarch’s Palace Razed 10 Dead by santakris(m): 2:03pm On Nov 13, 2012
Jesse again.
Re: Breaking News: Jesse Community On Fire Monarch’s Palace Razed 10 Dead by luluosas(m): 2:24pm On Nov 13, 2012
Omen100: Its true, I just confirmed the information from a Friend whose Father is a prominent Chief of Jesse kingdom & he said that that problem is with the king & that there has being some pressing issues that the king has refused to address overtime, according to him, he said that, pressmen & women should go Sapele general hospital that is where the victims are & that the casualties is more than the acclaimed 10persons.
So, the king was killing his own people for rituals. May God intervene in our land.
Re: Breaking News: Jesse Community On Fire Monarch’s Palace Razed 10 Dead by Omen100(m): 3:23pm On Nov 13, 2012
luluosas:
So, the king was killing his own people for rituals. May God intervene in our land.

Mr. man. please reread my post angry i never said that the king was killing his subject, my contact told me that the king has refused to act after after series of complains of ritual killing which made his subject's to suspect him & said something about supremacy battle between jesse & mosogher.
Re: Breaking News: Jesse Community On Fire Monarch’s Palace Razed 10 Dead by luluosas(m): 8:37am On Nov 14, 2012
Omen100:

Mr. man. please reread my post >:(i never said that the king was killing his subject, my contact told me that the king has refused to act after after series of complains of ritual killing which made his subject's to suspect him & said something about supremacy battle between jesse & mosogher.
I understand perfectly. I am only referring to the original news because, this trouble started as a result of ritual killings.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Boko Haram’s Main Sponsor.GEJ Speaks.pics / 2015:jonathan Has Edge Over The North – Sulaimon (northern Emancipation Network) / A Copy of ASUU-federal Government 2009 Agreement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.