Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Censor Honda Civic - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Censor Honda Civic (1989 Views)

Lambda Censor For Toyota Corolla 05 / 1996 Honda Civic Cooling System Issue / Car Key Stuck To Ignition (honda Civic 2001) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Censor Honda Civic by aku626(m): 12:39pm On Nov 13, 2012
MY HONDA CIVIC 2001 HAS BEEN DOWN FOR A WEEK CAUSE I CANT FIND THE CENSOR FOR IGNITION THE CAR CANT START. PLEASE IS THIS A BIG DEAL AS IN FINDING THE CENSOR CAUSE THE MECHANIC HAS BEEN STALLING CAUSE OF THIS. ALSO, IN BUYING THE CENSOR IS IT SUPPOSED TO BE PARTICULAR TO ONLY HONDA CIVICS LX 2001 AMERICAN SPEC, HONDA CIVICS LX 2001 OR ALL HONDA CIVICS 2001
Re: Censor Honda Civic by dagreen14: 12:50pm On Nov 13, 2012
MASTER TECH : Hello welcome to just answer I'm Master Tech and will be able to assist you today.

MASTER TECH : does the check engine light come on and go off after a few seconds ?

MASTER TECH : does the green Key icon on the gauge flash or stay on ?

Customer : The CEL stays on for about 10 to 15 seconds, flashes then goes out.
Customer : Sorry 20 seconds then flashes for 5 then out. No green flashing key though. I do remember seeing that when it was working though
MASTER TECH : ok the codes need to be scanned.

Customer : When I looked for codes with the OBD reader I got nothing.
MASTER TECH : does it even connect ?

Customer : Yes but no codes are found.
MASTER TECH : hmm

MASTER TECH : let's check the fuses and make sure their is no blown fuses in the under hood and under dash fuse box.

MASTER TECH : how did this happen

Customer : No problems with the car minus blown ac due to age. Parked the car in my garage overnight, went out in the morning to go to work and i couldn't start the car.
Customer : All fuses have been checked and verified as good.
MASTER TECH : ok

MASTER TECH : the check engine light flashing is a concern

Customer : Yeah I noticed it was staying on longer than usual.
MASTER TECH : this should have a code stored or a bad pcm

MASTER TECH : have you verified the cam timing ?

Customer : Not sure how this can be done
MASTER TECH : the top cover needs to be removed and then the marks have to be lined up

MASTER TECH : the white mark on the pulley

Customer : Oh yes this has been confirmed. I changed the timing belt when the car died because it was at 149000. Preventative maintenance as I thought I would be able to revive the car.

Customer : Thought you meant electrically verified
MASTER TECH : no mecahically

MASTER TECH : mechanically

MASTER TECH : so the belt broke ?

Customer : No it had a few nicks and wear due to age but was good to go other wise. Because I thought the cam/crankshaft sensors were bad and I had to take off the timing belt cover to change them, I figured I might as well change the timing belt, water pump and auto tensioner while I was in there.

MASTER TECH : thanks for the clarification

MASTER TECH : the thing that has me off is the check engine light issue.

MASTER TECH : the no spark and the check engine light is a issue .

MASTER TECH : the cam position sensor is plugged in and it snapped in ?

Customer : Yes.

MASTER TECH : the spark control is commanded from the pcm in relation to the cam position and crank sensor .

Customer : So if the timing is TDC, the sensors are brand new, the ignition coils are brand new, what else is there?
MASTER TECH : PCM

MASTER TECH : this is the cars computer .

Customer : That was my initial thought and basically I wanted to confirm this before shelling out the money for a new one.
MASTER TECH : I agree.honestly I would have Honda run some test on this to confirm this is really failed.

Customer : But if the PCM is bad, wouldn't this stop all electrical or only spark? And does it just go bad over night without symptoms?
MASTER TECH : the pcm will control all engine and transmission functions

MASTER TECH : and ac controls

MASTER TECH : the windows and lock and wipers are all on a different system

Customer : Well, I have a manual and no ac so I can't test the others.which stinks
MASTER TECH : yea

Customer : My ac light turns on and sounds like its trying to work though. My condenser spline is broke though and I installed a bypass belt because it was squealing .

MASTER TECH : well this really needs to be looked at by Honda so they can interface with the pcm

MASTER TECH : their is some testing that has to be done with the mvci scanner

Customer : Since it costs about 200 bucks to tow anywhere here in Hawaii, is it possible to just take the computer in?
MASTER TECH : they will not be able to test this with out the car.

MASTER TECH : we have no real way of testing this would out the car.

MASTER TECH : I know their might be some people that can do this but as far as the dealer it's not possible with out the car

Customer : So tow it or find someone with an mvci scanner?
MASTER TECH : yes

MASTER TECH : the mvci scanner is the newest scanner that the dealer uses

MASTER TECH : unless you can get a local shop that might be able to test this with a known good pcm.

MASTER TECH : but they will have to be able to reprogram the pcm

Read more: 2001 honda civic lx manual wont start, no spark. - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/honda/5s64x-honda-civic-2001-honda-civic-lx-manual-wont-start-no-spa.html#ixzz2C6QPjZx7
Re: Censor Honda Civic by luvinhubby(m): 5:05pm On Nov 13, 2012
aku626: MY HONDA CIVIC 2001 HAS BEEN DOWN FOR A WEEK CAUSE I CANT FIND THE CENSOR FOR IGNITION THE CAR CANT START. PLEASE IS THIS A BIG DEAL AS IN FINDING THE CENSOR CAUSE THE MECHANIC HAS BEEN STALLING CAUSE OF THIS. ALSO, IN BUYING THE CENSOR IS IT SUPPOSED TO BE PARTICULAR TO ONLY HONDA CIVICS LX 2001 AMERICAN SPEC, HONDA CIVICS LX 2001 OR ALL HONDA CIVICS 2001
If it's your TDC sensor, those are available, just get the particular sensors and call 08029255299

(1) (Reply)

Custom Auctioned Vehicle / How To Differentiate A Genuine Custom Car Paper From Faked Custom Paper / Has Anyone Bought Nigeria Custom's Autioned Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.