Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? (5259 Views)

International Media Rate Nigeria Africa's No 1 Investment Destination / Nigerians Rate Nigeria Police Force Under Current IGP / Pharmaceutical Society Of Nigeria (press Release) On Cynthia's Murder Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by tomakint: 4:04pm On Nov 13, 2012
The Fourth Estate in Nigerian politics as far as I am concerned have been mangled and hijacked by enemies (stooges of past corrupt leaders) of the masses, they are not really projecting the ethics of true Journalism by its standard. They are supposed to be impartial and closer to the people in the discharge of their duties, unfortunately in a jet age of information now, local news get to citizens from foreign bodies before it is reported by our local press – A pointer to the level of ineptitude in Nigeria’s Fourth Estate! Our Press is under ‘check,’ 90% of the news you hear and see around is just the ‘tip of the iceberg’; it’s like giving the masses what they want them to hear, nothing more, and nothing less. A muzzled press as ours does not befit a democracy and hence, should be overhauled in all of its functionalities. Most of the atrocities committed by our past leaders, corrupt government officials, corrupt captains of industries are most times heard through hearsays from people around before being aired by our press and most cases not all are reported. This ought not to be so!
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by Bacteriocin(m): 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2012
As far as I'm concerned, journalism is dead in this country.
Government owned media are always on the other side, and private media are also owned by politicians or their friends. Who go give you correct news?

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by Afam4eva(m): 5:03pm On Nov 13, 2012
They produce sensational news without substance.
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by BeraBera(f): 5:04pm On Nov 13, 2012
So amateurish. Looking for who said this and who said that
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by doja(m): 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2012
Unreliable.
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by DANILSA(m): 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2012
WE ARE GROWING, JOURNALISM MOVES HAND IN HAND WITH DEMOCRACY.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:07pm On Nov 13, 2012
Nigerian Journalist are all like this guy... .. Lazy egbo smoking punks.. angry

Abroad.. When once a story breaks, a journalist sees it as an opportuinity to become famous.. Christiana Amanpour and co.. Look at the David Patreas story, the BBC scandal, more stories on the matter keeps coming out.. In Naija, after that headline, they will repeat the same story until a new scandal breaks out then they jump ship.

Till now, No journalist has investigated the Subsidy story, Faroukgate, Ribadu report, e.t.c.. angry

1 Like

Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by Leadn(m): 5:07pm On Nov 13, 2012
But bloggers give reasonable news,,, you guys just don't like to view Nigerian blogs undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 13, 2012
timid
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by eledalo: 5:08pm On Nov 13, 2012
Nothing stops you from becoming a journalist if they aren't doing enough for you bro.
Teachers poor, Lawyers poor, Journalists poor, Police poor, Admin staff poor, Gatemen poor, Governors poor, Musicians poor.
Everybody fit complain about the others even when they are not doing their own job. Think of the CRAP that is on the front page of this website for example - Tonto Dike gets tattoo on lips, Sexiest male athelete, etc.

13 Likes

Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by eggheaders(m): 5:10pm On Nov 13, 2012
partisan lots.
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by ballabriggs: 5:11pm On Nov 13, 2012
Presstitutes

Money for hand, news for ground.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by nass07(m): 5:12pm On Nov 13, 2012
The fourth estate of the realm is not embeded in the Nigerian press. Just take a good look at the owners of these media organizations!
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by achinu(m): 5:12pm On Nov 13, 2012
Nigerian Press? Bunch of clowns lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by Demdem(m): 5:13pm On Nov 13, 2012
Below Average.
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by donguutti: 5:15pm On Nov 13, 2012
Okija -juju -

Bros u stole my post, Nigerian press is lazy, no original stories, copying all the time from
foreign press,even with issues concerning Nigeria.Mostly Non-articulate and giving to the promotion
of sentimentalism.Very few analytical insights and investigative journalism is at the best Dead.

But then they are a just reflection of the Nigerian society.So everything i wrote up there applies to
most of us.
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 13, 2012
Okija_juju: Nigerian Journalist are all like this guy... .. Lazy egbo smoking punks.. angry

Abroad.. When once a story breaks, a journalist sees it as an opportuinity to become famous.. Christiana Amanpour and co.. Look at the David Patreas story, the BBC scandal, more stories on the matter keeps coming out.. In Naija, after that headline, they will repeat the same story until a new scandal breaks then they jump ship.

Till now, No journalist has investigated the Subsidy story, Faroukgate, Ribadu report, e.t.c.. angry

Lmao.
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by eledalo: 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2012
donguutti:
They are a just reflection of the Nigerian society.So everything i wrote up there applies to
most of us.
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 13, 2012
Niaja journalism isn't on point.
We often hear there is a freedom of expression... But if u publish without being permitted, u go jam police for office first thing the next day.
If u  compaign for sumone hu doesn't win... U dun enta bad-book.
Private media outlets are always intimidated!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by dabrake(m): 5:23pm On Nov 13, 2012
What annoys me most is when I read [size=16pt]POWER, KEY TO NATIONAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT - Fashola[/size] or [size=19pt]QUALITY EDUCATION, CRITICAL TO HUMAN DEVELOPMENT - Aregbesola[/size] on the cover of THE PUNCH. Shey that one na news?
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by djmummy: 5:23pm On Nov 13, 2012
Simple...its NIGERIAN
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by packman: 5:24pm On Nov 13, 2012
[size=14pt]THIS GUYS ARE WORST THAN THE WORST.........TO BE SINCERE CORRUPTION HAS HATE DEEP IN EVERY SECTOR OF NIGERIA [/size]
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by Abujafood: 5:25pm On Nov 13, 2012
With the exception of www.Abujafood.com and a few others, I'll say not too impressed! Not blowing my trumpet by the way, merely stating facts as they are.
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:26pm On Nov 13, 2012
Abujafood: With the exception of www.Abujafood.com and a few others, I'll say not too impressed! Not blowing my trumpet by the way, merely stating facts as they are.

This post has been rated as an oxymoron

No pun intended

1 Like

Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by taharqa: 5:28pm On Nov 13, 2012
Nigerian Press? These days? Bunch of clowns. Propaganda galore on all sides. Lies, half-truths and distortions everywhere... But wait o, hw in d hell wud NLanders be complaining? Are they not d chaps that bring these thrashs on d frontpage and are gullible enuf to bliv same themselves?... Abeg give me a break
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by Rick9(m): 5:29pm On Nov 13, 2012
Them no dey try like that shall
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by yuzedo: 5:39pm On Nov 13, 2012
Na dem be dat? grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by Andrew3(m): 5:42pm On Nov 13, 2012
Do you mean all those allegedly and scampered for safety? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by takedat(m): 5:42pm On Nov 13, 2012
Cash and Carry abi na Highest Bidder

1 Like

Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by tomakint: 5:44pm On Nov 13, 2012
doja: Unreliable.
What do you expect of a Nigerian Press that have been bungled by the Corrupt leaders they are supposed to be fighting! What do you expect of a Nigerian Press that have these same corrupt leaders on their board of directors echelon! What do you expect of a Nigerian Press that prefers to gloat over real issue but prefer to get serious over trivial news! I think it runs in the system except their is a general overhaul of the whole 'bungled set up' cool

1 Like

Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by Redmosquito(m): 5:45pm On Nov 13, 2012
Minion: Ur Darkness! Nigerians wants good journalism
Hades: Good journalism?! Is that what they really want?! Can they pay the price?! The truth aint cheap you know!! angry Can they lay down their lives for the truth?!
Minion: Haba! My Lord! It is Nigerians we talk about undecided

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by eledalo: 5:47pm On Nov 13, 2012
tomakint:
Nigerian Press that prefers to gloat over real issue

Bros do you know the meaning of gloat?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nyesom Wike Clashes With Patience Jonathan Over Who Succeeds Amaechi In 2015 / Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA / Lagos Magician Sits On Air For 30 Minutes — See Photos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.