Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition (8497 Views)

Sex before marriage Is A Sin, Fyn. Is Kissing before marriage A Sin? / Send Me Card Has Bcme A Tradition 2 9ja Wmen. / Is It A Tradition For A Married Man To Have A Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by Duduconfirm: 8:36am On Nov 14, 2012
How do you view marriage is it a necessity, tradition, all or none of the above
Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by lecturerdabo(m): 8:44am On Nov 14, 2012
Duduconfirm: How do you view marriage is it a necessity, tradition, all or none of the above

NONE OF THE ABOVE sad

1 Like

Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 14, 2012
Duduconfirm: How do you view marriage is it a necessity, tradition, all or none of the above

Well, I would say it is a necessity for those wanting to know themselves well through the inner animus and anima that connects to the personified soul (Jung and His Disciple's Theorem not mine).

Quoting from a book by John Sanford, The Invisible Partners (How the male and female in each of us affects our relationships)

Adolf Guggenbulh-Craig has pointed out, this is particularly likely to occur in most culture, where marriage is perceived in terms of what he calls "well-being" rather than "salvation." To view marriage in terms of well-being means that we marry with the thought that this will lead us to happiness, satisfaction, and a feeling of peace and plenitude. To view marriage in terms of salvation means that we see marriage as one possible path to self-knowledge and individuation.

In marriage, two people bump up against each other's area of unconsciousness, which affords them an opportunity to become aware of personal qualities or habits that they see only when their partners in the experience of daily living object to them.
Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by Mynd44: 9:48am On Nov 14, 2012
None of the above jorh
Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by InkedNerd(f): 6:23pm On Nov 14, 2012
Personally, I'd say none of the above. The concept of marriage is one that tends to stem from social construct. Is it a nice felling to know that there is someone who will be with you through thick and thin? Indeed it is nice but you don't need an institutional, social, or religious (yes, I know religion wasn't mentioned) concept to really enable to have a feeling of personal higher existence.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by Idowuogbo(f): 6:25pm On Nov 14, 2012
Inked_Nerd: Personally, I'd say none of the above. The concept of marriage is one that tends to stem from social construct. Is it a nice felling to know that there is someone who will be with you through thick and thin? Indeed it is nice but you don't need an institutional, social, or religious (yes, I know religion wasn't mentioned) concept to really enable to have a feeling of personal higher existence.
Inkyyyyyyyyy!!!!! shocked

* In her Bronx accent* Gawd gal!! Wia u bin?
Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 14, 2012
Not a necessity.

Tradition or not, I dont give a damn.

My family already learned to mind their business when it comes to my affair. I've been nipping the buds of all these traditional and cultural expectations.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by InkedNerd(f): 11:25pm On Nov 14, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Inkyyyyyyyyy!!!!! shocked

* In her Bronx accent* Gawd gal!! Wia u bin?
lol just been busy. Nairaland got kinda wack so I left. I was in class so I decided to kill time so I logged on to see what's new. What'd I miss girl? grin
Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by Andrew3(m): 4:23pm On Nov 15, 2012
Show this thread to my grand child seeking mom angry angry angry angry
Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by Afam4eva(m): 4:27pm On Nov 15, 2012
It's a Tradition and not a necessity. It's not by force to get married.
Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by bory09(m): 4:28pm On Nov 15, 2012
Marriage is simply God wish to mankind. I mean marriage before pregnancy not marriage after three children
Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 15, 2012
Both!! grin
Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 15, 2012
Its a license to have free legal puccy to fvck,so its a Necessity to me.all the use of postinor 2 for her will stop.
Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2012
None of the Above. BUT you don't just wanna come to Planet Earth, drink a couple of beers and Die, Just like that, do you?

IMO, it's a decision.
Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 15, 2012
ledafaze:

Well, I would say it is a necessity for those wanting to know themselves well through the inner animus and anima that connects to the personified soul (Jung and His Disciple's Theorem not mine).

Quoting from a book by John Sanford, The Invisible Partners (How the male and female in each of us affects our relationships)

Adolf Guggenbulh-Craig has pointed out, this is particularly likely to occur in most culture, where marriage is perceived in terms of what he calls "well-being" rather than "salvation." To view marriage in terms of well-being means that we marry with the thought that this will lead us to happiness, satisfaction, and a feeling of peace and plenitude. To view marriage in terms of salvation means that we see marriage as one possible path to self-knowledge and individuation.

In marriage, two people bump up against each other's area of unconsciousness, which affords them an opportunity to become aware of personal qualities or habits that they see only when their partners in the experience of daily living object to them.

Replace the word marriage with the word relationship and you'll see that it doesn't take marriage for the uncociousness to be revealed. smiley
Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by Ayoobscom(m): 4:32pm On Nov 15, 2012
God's commandments for man's procreation and reputation automatically it becomes a necessary tradition
Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by engrtee(f): 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2012
BY FORCE
Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by duni04(m): 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2012
unnecessary and thankfully fading tradition

1 Like

Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2012
Ayoobscom: God's commandments for man's procreation and reputation automatically it becomes a necessary tradition

If you leave religious aspects out of it, you'll see that it is NOT a necessary tradition smiley
Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by babyluvmeu: 4:39pm On Nov 15, 2012
ALL OF THE ABOVE.

IS THERE ANY WOMAN THAT WISH TO REMAIN IN HER MOTHER'S KITCHEN 4EVER?

EVEN IN THE (BIBLE) IT IS WRITTEN, THAT A MAN WILL LIVE HIS FATHER'S HOUSE AND JOIN TO HIS WIFE AND THEY SHALL BECOME I FLESH.

1 WHO FINDS A WIFE FINDS A GOOD THING, AND HAS OBTAIN FAVOUR FROM THE LORD..................

1 Like

Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by Anubiri(m): 4:40pm On Nov 15, 2012
Marriage is a personal issue...as it stands nw am tired of women I wana be a Rev. Father
Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 15, 2012
Marriage was a product of human consciousness at the time it was created to enhance morality..

However, whether it's a necessity, or a tradition depends on an individual's thought process, the society he/she lives in, and his/her belief system..
Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by badlaw(f): 4:43pm On Nov 15, 2012
not a most and not important for life to be complete.accept for those who need it
Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by yemizus: 4:46pm On Nov 15, 2012
Marriage is neither necessity nor tradition but the coming together of two people in love who plan to share their lives together in sickness,health, richness and poverty and to forsake All others
Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 15, 2012
yemizus: Marriage is neither necessity nor tradition but the coming together of two people in love who plan to share their lives together in sickness,health, richness and poverty and to forsake All others

can be done without a marriage ceremony ...

1 Like

Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by buoye1(m): 4:51pm On Nov 15, 2012
A commandment frm above
Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by a1solution: 4:56pm On Nov 15, 2012
For me its not a necesity bt but people believed it to be so.
Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by Dopefiend(m): 5:07pm On Nov 15, 2012
Societal pressure

1 Like

Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by Mynd44: 5:10pm On Nov 15, 2012
Religious folks will love to jump at this and say it is compulsory but some people are not just fit to be partners as they will just make that person miserable.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition by Iaz93: 5:18pm On Nov 15, 2012
Mynd_44: Religious folks will love to jump at this and say it is compulsory but some people are not just fit to be partners as they will just make that person miserable.
GBAM!!! This is it!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Blasted By Online Users After Posting Raunchy Pictures On Facebook. / Effeminate Gays: Why Do Some Gay Guys Act Like Girls / How Many Opposite Sex U Had Sex With In Ur Entire Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.