Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:56 PM

Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe (13485 Views)

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by odumdesmond: 9:38am On Nov 14, 2012
To every bible believing Christain, tithe is an injunction of the Almighty God. Tithe is similar to Moslem's Zakkat. In Malachai 3, God's words equates a man who does not pay his tithe as a man robbing God and therefore cursed by God with licking basket. Devourers are from God consumes his earnings. Some believe that tithe is an Old Testament injunction and therefore no applicable to New Testament days. However same people would agree that the ten commandments given to Moses in Old testament have not been abrogated by reason of the introduction the New Testament. But for those who believe in the principle of tithing, how do you arrive at the actual amount to pay. Is it 10% of your gross earnings or net earnings. A salary earners salary should be 10% of his total earning since tax would have be deducted and not 10 % of amount remaining after deduction of expenses. A businessman's tithe is 10 % of entire profit arrived by deducting the cost of production/invested fund. So guys how do you arrive at your calculation if you pay your tithe?
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 14, 2012
odum desmond: To every bible believing Christain, tithe is an injunction of the Almighty God. Tithe is similar to Moslem's Zakkat. In Malachai 3, God's words equates a man who does not pay his tithe as a man robbing God and therefore cursed by God with licking basket. Devourers are from God consumes his earnings. Some believe that tithe is an Old Testament injunction and therefore no applicable to New Testament days. However same people would agree that the ten commandments given to Moses in Old testament have not been abrogated by reason of the introduction the New Testament. But for those who believe in the principle of tithing, how do you arrive at the actual amount to pay. Is it 10% of your gross earnings or net earnings. A salary earners salary should be 10% of his total earning since tax would have be deducted and not 10 % of amount remaining after deduction of expenses. A businessman's tithe is 10 % of entire profit arrived by deducting the cost of production/invested fund. So guys how do you arrive at your calculation if you pay your tithe?

Yawn. Another 419 tithe supporter

Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 14, 2012
Ole!!! Barawo!!! Onyeoshi!!
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 14, 2012
chukwudi44: Ole!!! Barawo!!! Onyeoshi!!

Shut up there.

Op, nice post
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by odumdesmond: 10:22am On Nov 14, 2012
chukwudi44: Ole!!! Barawo!!! Onyeoshi!!
Lol,its funny how this principle generates a lot of heat and argument. I think it is so because unlike offering, tithe has a particular percentage attached to it, whereas people are free to give offering of N5 to God. However there is a mystery in tithing, there is no genuine tither that ever gets broke, the mystery is not in the amount but in the obedience. I have often wondered why can't a man whom God has blessed with let's say 100K give back a paltry 10k and keep the remaining 90K for himself? The issue is that when people are asked to pay their tith, they begin to do some calculations of how much the pastors stand to make. Its God you gave your tithe when you raised it up and prayed and dropped in the offering box and not the pastor or even to the church. Any pastor that embezzle people tithe and offering ofcourse is incurring generational curse on himself and his children and generation unborn. So don't see it as fraudulent scheme by churches.

1 Like

Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 14, 2012
Simple kweshion

Where did God ask christians to pay tithes in the bible

Where in the bible did xtians pay tithes

Was biblical tithes ever money

Was it ever paid monthly or weekly
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 14, 2012
Malachi never instituted the law of tithes.Moses did in deut 14:22-29 and am yet to see any church which practices tithes as spelt out there.

Bunch of hypocrites!! Cherypicking of the obsolete jewish law
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by Zikkyy(m): 10:36am On Nov 14, 2012
odum desmond:
But for those who believe in the principle of tithing, how do you arrive at the actual amount to pay. Is it 10% of your gross earnings or net earnings. A salary earners salary should be 10% of his total earning since tax would have be deducted and not 10 % of amount remaining after deduction of expenses. A businessman's tithe is 10 % of entire profit arrived by deducting the cost of production/invested fund. So guys how do you arrive at your calculation if you pay your tithe?

When God commanded that the Jews surrender a tenth of their produce to the Levites, he gave specific instructions on how calculate the tithe. God did not say peeps should decide on their own what the tithe should be. If you believe you are required to comply with the command to tithe, why rely on your personal computation?
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by odumdesmond: 11:12am On Nov 14, 2012
chukwudi44: Malachi never instituted the law of tithes.Moses did in deut 14:22-29 and am yet to see any church which practices tithes as spelt out there.

Bunch of hypocrites!! Cherypicking of the obsolete jewish law
why do Christains claim Abraham's blessings as theirs but refuse to do what Abraham did? If we believe that tithe is strictly for the jews then Christainity should be left for the jews too. Jesus did not come to abolish any law, you remember he said give to Ceaser what's his and to God what is God's. Long before Moses law on tithing came, our patrarch in faith Abraham gave his tithe to Melchezedek the King of Salem and the High Priest of the Most High God. So since Jesus did not abrogate the ten commandment in the new testament why do we single out the principle of tithe to disobey?

1 Like

Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 14, 2012
Why did you quote malachi if you were referring to the melchizedec tithe?

Did melchizedec ask of tithe from abraham?

Was it ever repeated again?

Did abraham tithe from his own goods or from the spoils of war?

Where in the bible did xtians practise these tithes?

Where was it commanded it should be repaeated?

Abraham tithe was a voluntary and one off thing and nothing more
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by Zikkyy(m): 11:55am On Nov 14, 2012
odum desmond:
Long before Moses law on tithing came, our patrarch in faith Abraham gave his tithe to Melchezedek the King of Salem and the High Priest of the Most High God. So since Jesus did not abrogate the ten commandment in the new testament why do we single out the principle of tithe to disobey?

You must understand that Abraham's type of tithing ended at the time Moses laid out the law on tithing (with no subsequent revisions or updates). If God did not say we should tithe how we like, decide how we tithe or who to receive the tithe, then it will be wrong for you to design, develop & implement your own tithing scheme and say it's God's commandment.

If you say tithing is a principle and not a command, how is it possible for peeps to disobey?

odum desmond:
If we believe that tithe is strictly for the jews then Christainity should be left for the jews too.

If Jesus or the Apostles stated that Christianity is strictly for the Jews, then it should be left for the Jews.
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by CrazyMan(m): 11:56am On Nov 14, 2012
odum desmond: However there is a mystery in tithing, there is no genuine tither that ever gets broke.
False...can you name any...cos I've seen lots of tithers who have lost their jobs, and are encountering great difficulties in fending for their families.

odum desmond: the mystery is not in the amount but in the obedience.
What obedience....show me anywhere in the bible that God specifically requested for your money?

Tithing preachers turn and twist the scriptures so they can milk ignorant people like you off your hard earned money.

odum desmond: I have often wondered why can't a man whom God has blessed with let's say 100K give back a paltry 10k and keep the remaining 90K for himself?
Be specific my dear....give the 10k to who?

Would you work strenuously for 30days only to pay 10% to a pastor how sits in an air conditioned office, drives an air conditioned car and sleeps in an air conditioned room....while you trek under the scorching sun to eke out a living...can you actually do that?

odum desmond: The issue is that when people are asked to pay their tithe, they begin to do some calculations of how much the pastors stand to make. Its God you gave your tithe when you raised it up and prayed and dropped in the offering box and not the pastor or even to the church.
Keep deceiving yourself...

You claim its God who is receiving your tithe...then kindly explain why all your pastors all fly in private jets, explain why they build universities, and make them very expensive....that you who pays your tithe regularly cannot attend?

Who is fooling who?

odum desmond: Any pastor that embezzle people tithe and offering of course is incurring generational curse on himself and his children and generation unborn. So don't see it as fraudulent scheme by churches.
Instead of placing irrelevant curses on them, don't you think it would be wise if you stop paying it....I mean its obvious that they use the money for their personal gains, so why continue?

2 Likes

Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by Zikkyy(m): 12:01pm On Nov 14, 2012
CrazyMan:
Would you work strenuously for 30days only to pay 10% to a pastor how sits in an air conditioned office, drives an air conditioned car and sleeps in an air conditioned room....while you trek under the scorching sun to eke out a living...can you actually do that?

Lol! grin he is already doing it. It's possible the man is posting from a business center after paying for the pastor's new ipad grin

1 Like

Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by WENGERNOMICS(m): 2:32pm On Nov 14, 2012
odum desmond: Lol,its funny how this principle generates a lot of heat and argument. I think it is so because unlike offering, tithe has a particular percentage attached to it, whereas people are free to give offering of N5 to God. However there is a mystery in tithing, there is no genuine tither that ever gets broke, the mystery is not in the amount but in the obedience. I have often wondered why can't a man whom God has blessed with let's say 100K give back a paltry 10k and keep the remaining 90K for himself? The issue is that when people are asked to pay their tith, they begin to do some calculations of how much the pastors stand to make. Its God you gave your tithe when you raised it up and prayed and dropped in the offering box and not the pastor or even to the church. Any pastor that embezzle people tithe and offering ofcourse is incurring generational curse on himself and his children and generation unborn. So don't see it as fraudulent scheme by churches.

Hewwww.........I pray that an angel of God will place his hand on ya head and add more wisdom to it......Your comment was spot on.......if people give their tithe willingly,joyfully and worshipfully in obedience to God and with a clear spiritual understanding of d meaning of tithing.......d blessing dat will be pursuing him won't allow him to question the percentage......My Tithe......never missing......its like tax dat FIRS deduct sef.....no story.....and God has been over faithful.....People keep asking me where I get job openings from.......I keep doubling salary like kalo-kalo without knowing anybody.......It works!!!!!
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by WENGERNOMICS(m): 2:38pm On Nov 14, 2012
CrazyMan:
False...can you name any...cos I've seen lots of tithers who have lost their jobs, and are encountering great difficulties in fending for their families.

What obedience....show me anywhere in the bible that God specifically requested for your money?

Tithing preachers turn and twist the scriptures so they can milk ignorant people like you off your hard earned money.

You claim its God who is receiving your tithe...then kindly explain why all your pastors all fly in private jets, explain why they build universities, and make them very expensive....that you who pays your tithe regularly cannot attend?

Who is fooling who?

Instead of placing irrelevant curses on them, don't you think it would be wise if you stop paying it....I mean its obvious that they use the money for their personal gains, so why continue?

The thing with dis life is dat God will not say anything until dat very last day....no need for baba God to talk....his word is settled in Heaven......and I don't think there is any church dat forces people to pay tithe.......MOG only admonishes people to obey God......cos the benefits far outweigh anything u can think up......I know enough fake pastors dey but dat enough proof dat real pastors dey.........Let embezzlers keep embezzling.......let real MOG keep serving God.....let tithe payers keep doing so.......unfortunately......life no get return match so......one day God will blow whistle!
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by saintvc(m): 3:36pm On Nov 14, 2012
So, iliterate wey no sabi mathematics no supose pay tithe?
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by housefosogis(f): 10:56pm On Nov 14, 2012
this is a very interesting piece. tithing!i have a piece 13 page article on tithing, if you would like to receive it send me an email aminuife2012@yahoo.com and i will forward it to you.shd christians tithe?did d early church tithe? waoh!!it is good to hold on to only what the bible commands. well i have seen a place where God commands us chriatinas to tithe.cheers
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by eldoradoxx: 6:47am On Nov 16, 2012
house fo sogis: this is a very interesting piece. tithing!i have a piece 13 page article on tithing, if you would like to receive it send me an email aminuife2012@yahoo.com and i will forward it to you.shd christians tithe?did d early church tithe? waoh!!it is good to hold on to only what the bible commands. well i have seen a place where God commands us chriatinas to tithe.cheers
send the article to my box
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by odumdesmond: 12:37pm On Dec 03, 2012
[quote author=CrazyMan]

Who is fooling who?

Instead of pcing irrelevant curses on them, don't you think it would be wise if you stop paying it....I mean its obvios thateuse the mone fo tersonal ga, sowhcninue?[/quoteant to testify to youof thof tithing tt td to a family member. ped him lodge his tithe into ccount just last k. Before now benprayingnd believing God for abig coact with a mtda he just cald me, that hs contract has been p rely e a pror the jobny ig companies with seriousecns were comping with his firm, a new cord first time bidder for such huge b. He never met anybody, e it Govern, Minister or Senatoit but God alone. He sbee of a contractunning intobillins and profits of hundreds f millionot a supply cotact,ere service contract in ovesuf How much did I heihccount as tithe0. God ouehi ou will tr there is a crrelation beed the ontrorsha rocanderyday uur libation andpay to id offersacrifice and yet a mysterifavor,wodn't u cnte? If f us thy tithncmysblessicoming to us, shou
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by eldoradoxx: 4:00pm On Mar 04, 2013
loll
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 04, 2013
@odum desmond

GOD allows rain to fall on d righteous n d unrighteous likewise sunshine.several muslims,buddhists,pagans etc dont pay tithe yet they are in top places.your friend's contract gotten after paying tithe was just a coincidence.

1 Like

Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by eldoradoxx: 7:16am On Mar 05, 2013
[quote author= I want to testify to you of the wonders of tithing
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 05, 2013
How come a non-tither(Dangote) is africa's richest man? What the hell happened to all the tithers
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by juventino: 7:57am On Mar 05, 2013
house fo sogis: this is a very interesting piece. tithing!i have a piece 13 page article on tithing, if you would like to receive it send me an email aminuife2012@yahoo.com and i will forward it to you.shd christians tithe?did d early church tithe? waoh!!it is good to hold on to only what the bible commands. well i have seen a place where God commands us chriatinas to tithe.cheers
Kindly forward the article to my box. Akinsola55@gmail.com
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by eldoradoxx: 11:00am On Mar 08, 2013
chukwudi44: How come a non-tither(Dangote) is africa's richest man? What the hell happened to all the tithers
Dangote is a tither! In Islam, Tithe is in form of Zakat and it is mandatory for every muslim to pay it as commanded by Allah. Besides, tithe does not only add to ur wealth but ur total well being. The bible injunction that instituted tithe said that if u pay ur tithe God will remove every devourer from u. Devourer is not necessarily poverty, but things that bring unhappiness to u or make u waste ur wealth. It could be that strange illness that defiles cure that one labours with secretly and sheds secret tears, it could be people cheating and stealing from u, it could be a lot of things.

1 Like

Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by Candour(m): 11:33am On Mar 08, 2013
eldoradoxx: Dangote is a tither! In Islam, Tithe is in form of Zakat and it is mandatory for every muslim to pay it as commanded by Allah. Besides, tithe does not only add to ur wealth but ur total well being. The bible injunction that instituted tithe said that if u pay ur tithe God will remove every devourer from u. Devourer is not necessarily poverty, but things that bring unhappiness to u or make u waste ur wealth. It could be that strange illness that defiles cure that one labours with secretly and sheds secret tears, it could be people cheating and stealing from u, it could be a lot of things.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

in that case Islamic tithe must be the deal since Dangote is 107 times richer than Oyedepo(from Forbes figures).you better come and lets drop our bibles pick up the koran and jet to mecca to stone the devil.

Men, erroneous doctrines have really taken root.so so sad cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 08, 2013
chukwudi44: How come a non-tither(Dangote) is africa's richest man? What the hell happened to all the tithers
their billionaire private jet flying pastors are representing them
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by PastorKun(m): 4:20pm On Mar 08, 2013
Segeggs: their billionaire private jet flying pastors are representing them

These are tithe collectors not tithers. They are the only ones that seem to get 'blessed' from these tithing racket so you can understand why they would continue to twist scripture to perpetuate the scam.
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by eldoradoxx: 5:17pm On Mar 09, 2013
The issue is that most of u that comment are non tithers, so I can forgive u cos the doctrine is strange. It sounds stupid for God to ask me to bring 10 percent of my income to him. After all, is he not God? Does he not owe everything abd why wud he want a mere money for? But the bible also makes me understand that the foolishness of God is wiser than the wisdom of humanity as a whole. So those who pay tithe should stu pidly pay in obedience to God and those of u who argue should also stupidly continue disputing. The bible is very clear when it said that we should bring out tithes to God's house, that anyone who doesn't robs God and God cannot be robbed.
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by PastorKun(m): 6:52pm On Mar 09, 2013
eldoradoxx: The issue is that most of u that comment are non tithers, so I can forgive u cos the doctrine is strange. It sounds stupid for God to ask me to bring 10 percent of my income to him. After all, is he not God? Does he not owe everything abd why wud he want a mere money for? But the bible also makes me understand that the foolishness of God is wiser than the wisdom of humanity as a whole. So those who pay tithe should stu pidly pay in obedience to God and those of u who argue should also stupidly continue disputing. The bible is very clear when it said that we should bring out tithes to God's house, that anyone who doesn't robs God and God cannot be robbed.

How does the bible describe God's tithe? You may wish to read deut 14:22-29 and compare God's definition of tithes to the lies you are told is the definition of tithes today.
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by frank317: 9:10pm On Mar 09, 2013
odum desmond: I want to testify to you of the wonders of tithing that just happened to a family member. I helped him lodge his tithe into the church account just last week. Before now, he has been praying and believing God for a a big contract with a major govt esatblishment. Today, he just called me, that his contract has been approved , he merely wrote a proposal for the job, many big companies with serious connections were competing with his firm, a new comer and first time bidder for such huge job. He never met anybody, be it Governor, Minister or Senator for it but God alone. He has been offered a contract running into billions and he will make profits of hundreds of million, its not a supply contract, mere service contract in recovery stuff. How much did I help him pay into church account as tithe? Mere N 228,760. God honoured his word. You will doubt whether there is a correlation between the tithe and the contract. I would reply, if u worship a rock and everyday u pour libation and pray to it and offer sacrifice and you get a mysterious favour, wouldn't u continue? If some of us that pay tithe notice mysterious blessings coming to us, should we stop paying because u disbelief us?

Wow.N228,760 for just tithe? How much is his salary? About 1 point somthing million? Why are u believing the contract was gotten as a result of his tithe? U think such a man who earns such amount monthly does not know anybody in high places? How long will we continue decieving ourselves? U think he will tell u what he did to win such contract. Pls leave all that whole miracle talk, u can get such contract without pressing button.

What is it with us giving God mony and he now blesses us? How gullible can we b? I wonder how much ur man gives the poor around if he is able to give such money as tithe. Pls what actually does God need this tithe money for? Me think God will be happier if such money is used to uplift the poor.
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by eldoradoxx: 9:29pm On Mar 09, 2013
frank3.16:

Wow.N228,760 for just tithe? How much is his salary? About 1 point somthing million? Why are u believing the contract was gotten as a result of his tithe? U think such a man who earns such amount monthly does not know anybody in high places? How long will we continue decieving ourselves? U think he will tell u what he did to win such contract. Pls leave all that whole miracle talk, u can get such contract without pressing button.

What is it with us giving God mony and he now blesses us? How gullible can we b? I wonder how much ur man gives the poor around if he is able to give such money as tithe. Pls what actually does God need this tithe money for? Me think God will be happier if such money is used to uplift the poor.
first let me tell u this, giving tithe does not stop one from doing charity. Tithe is a non negotiable payment made to God from whatever he provides for u. He commanded it in the scriptures and if the man above decides to obey , he should not be castigated. When an expensive perfume was to be used to anoint Jesus shortly before his death, people around him murmurred that the woman should have used the money to help the poor! Did u remember what Christ told them. He replied that service to him shouldn't prevent them from also helping the poor around him. God stil does miracles and grants uncommon favour. I am a witness to that. No giver ever lacks ! NEVER. And God said that we should give our tithes and now prove him/challenge him and see if he will not bless u. Blessing of tithing isn't necessarily limited to financial, it could be taking away sickness, death, and anything that devours your resources. The greatest spiritual key to break through is tithing and I see no reason why a christain should resist paying his tithe. Tomorrow am gona pay my tithe with happiness, its me that needs blessings and not God that needs my tithe.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Must A Christian Be Baptized In A River? / Today is 22-12-2012 And The World Has Not Ended. Praise God. / The Basis Of Human Morality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.