Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" (15913 Views)

Nigerian Parents And The "You Are Not Sleeping Here Tonight" Syndrome / How Infidelity Landed Some Nigerian Men And Women In Hospitals / Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by filani(m): 12:20pm On Nov 16, 2012
drnoel:

Look guy, u say it like its the lady's fault. Pls tell me what game they need to step up, look marriage is no trophy to be won but rather a union of two like minds for better for worse in sickness and health. Marriage can be sweet and can also be bitter. Look if a man is not matured enough to make that step, to commit himself into something he believes in, then how does he expect his married hummies or his family to take him serious.
If u had rather spoken about what the women brings to the table in her married home then I would understand cos in this time and age everyone brings 50:50 so that they can be united in matrimony.

@ Drnoel

My post was in direct response to the mind set displayed in Coogar's post I.e 'whatever is wrong with the dating scene in naija is all men's fault' .
I do not believe that any one gender is responsible for the way things are today. Both Genders have a hand in the wahala and both Geners will have to tallk to themselves honestly in order to make it better.

You casually indict men who are not quick too marry as being 'immature' but you are silent on ladies who play the field with multiple Guys, stringing each of them along . Hmmm..... Double Standards much?

In summary let there be no hypocrisy in our dealings with each other.

'With the measure by which ye judge others , ye yourselves shall also be judged.' - Matthew 7:2
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by drnoel: 3:07pm On Nov 16, 2012
filani:

@ Drnoel

My post was in direct response to the mind set displayed in Coogar's post I.e 'whatever is wrong with the dating scene in naija is all men's fault' .
I do not believe that any one gender is responsible for the way things are today. Both Genders have a hand in the wahala and both Geners will have to tallk to themselves honestly in order to make it better.

You casually indict men who are not quick too marry as being 'immature' but you are silent on ladies who play the field with multiple Guys, stringing each of them along . Hmmm..... Double Standards much?

In summary let there be no hypocrisy in our dealings with each other.

'With the measure by which ye judge others , ye yourselves shall also be judged.' - Matthew 7:2

Now as I read Ur post I agreed with all u said but for the part about double standard. Yea I may sympathize with our naija sisters but that does not mean I am partial towards them. I know they also have their fault in the matter.
If u saw some of my previous posts u'd see what I mean. Yea am aware women do string men along. Its probably also one of the reasons why men find it hard to trust but it all has to end one day. It also does not excuse men having to pursue skirts in the name of Ms right. We as people and human beinghave to mature and wise-up.
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by SELFWORTH: 3:24pm On Nov 16, 2012
coogar:

what's so big-dealish in choosing a wife?
be friends with her, get to know her, talk to her.....love her!
what else?

If it was so easy, why are divorce rates so high?
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by coogar: 3:45pm On Nov 16, 2012
SELFWORTH:

because people want to eat their cake and have it........
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by jpphilips(m): 4:50pm On Nov 17, 2012
SELFWORTH:

because people misplace their priorities
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by drnoel: 10:53pm On Nov 18, 2012
jp philips:

because people misplace their priorities
U can say that again
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by drnoel: 7:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
packman:

[size=20pt]YOUR QUESTION IS SO DUMB & POINT OF CORRECTION NOT ALL SUCCESSFUL MEN.....MAY BE THE SUCCESSFUL MEN YOU MINGLE WITH...
LIKE EMEKA AND WALE....

EVERY MAN WITH HIS CHARACTER.........[/size]
Pointed noted but without ur dumb insults. Still its not about emeka and wole or the guys I mingle with. I myself am happily married and have been for sometimes. Next time try and answer a question constructively no matter how stupid u think the question is or ur answer will be without resorting to insults.ediot.
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by bukatyne(f): 8:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
Very insightful post

jpphilips:

coogar chose to forget that the good girls dont even need your money, most of them Will rather spend theirs on you, the only thing they ask of men is total commitment to the relationship which unfortunately, most men have failed irredeemably.

be that as it may, most of them have been hurt in the past which has greatly murdered the good in them.

you dont need to be successful to have a good woman. its only a woman can define what she wants from a guy. but if she is a good one, believe me, money wont make that list.

a woman sent a prayer request to the pastor asking for God to demote her husband from a regional manager to a branch manager.

the pastor immediately summoned the couple for counselling.

first was the man, after the pastor told him the wife's prayer point. the man called it a bluff that they built their home together, she cant wish for his downfall.

the pastor invited the wife now with husband present. she said and i quote

" as a branch manager, we never lacked anything, my husband is a good man and that position is not for Good people, the money and influence is too much for my husband. pls pastor, i dont want him to change. this promotion is the devil in our marriage help me cast it away"

the pastor was confused so was the man. the next day the sharp guy rejected the appointment.

the problem is too much hunger makes African women to be thinking weird.
they glorify begging in the name of socialization, they do a lot of sh!!t for money.

some parents are not helping matters too. while parent A is teaching her daughter that asking for BB is begging.

parent B is telling hers that she is a sharp gal. in the end, too much confusion amongst the gals fold.

most bad mothers hardly make good daughters use it as a litmus test in your hunt.

most times, that gal may wish to marry you but her mum Will turn her compass around.

there are still good ones out there but u need to do some serious digging.

believe me, finding a wife is not as diff as most Nigerians think it is, what we suffer most is misplaced priorities.

during a bachelors party 4yrs ago. the bride called the groom a heartless fool out of annoyance in public.
because the man refused to allow her share the expensive drinks meant for reserved guests for the wedding to her friends.

the chairman of the wedding who happens to be a friend to the groom's late dad was pissed off and he asked the bride to apologize.

the chick blatantly refused, even when we told her that she is insulting the chairman with her refusal. she kept adamant, not even the persuation of her friends whom she intended to please could make her budge.

guess what, chairman vex comot with his driver, the gal no shake, guests begin disapperar one one. she no send, she even called us hungry people that night.

later one of us told the groom that the girl is not a wife material, do you know what he said,

"you envy me because you know my "lovely" wife is a virgin"

abeg help me ask how virginity complements for gross insurbordination?

that was the priority of a man.

so sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by drnoel: 8:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
bukatyne: Very insightful post

tell em
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by bukatyne(f): 9:19pm On Aug 27, 2014
drnoel:
tell em

LOL!
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by tpia99: 6:05am On Jan 03, 2015
Do they use different rings or save by using the same one for everybody they propose to.

Or e no dey reach that level
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by drnoel: 8:25am On Jan 03, 2015
tpia99:
Do they use different rings or save by using the same one for everybody they propose to.

Or e no dey reach that level

Who knows. I have Ince met a guy who pursed a girl 4 months cos he wanted to 4K her but she didn't burge. So he asked her what her problem was and she said she doesn't date but wants to settle down. So he bought her a car and she agreed be his friend. Few weeks later he started asking 4 sex but she said she will only sleep with her husband so he dangled a ring infront of her and she opened her Nyash fast. After the ordeal he vanished with his ring and car cos his mission was accomplished.

I also heard of another guy who even went as far as doing introduction just to eat the forbidden fruit. Then he called off the wedding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sisters-In-Law: Why Do They Change So? / Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy / Two Gay Men Got Married In Lagos (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.