Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results (16330 Views)

Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest / Corel Draw Gallery / 2d/3d Art Gallery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results by doncheks: 7:27am On Nov 15, 2012
My Congratulations to Yusuf.To all the other participants,I want to say you guys are good.I believe everyone is a winner.Beautiful designs,unique concepts,great contest.You guys are the bomb.Cheers!!!
Re: Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results by Seun(m): 7:39am On Nov 15, 2012
AreaDaddy: All @lightup's ads have a "call to action" only one of @Yusuf16's ads have that. That would have swung it for me in Lightup's favour. Having said that they are both very good, clean and creative
yusufu16's ads have calls to action too: "click here to listen free", "catch the action live", "join the NDA", "learn programming", "catch excitement". Considering the size of the ads, I think yusufui6's approach of weaving the call to action element into the body of the ad is as good as, and sometimes better than, the regular practice of making the call to action a separate element with a generic phrase like "click now".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results by Chiemekaorizu(m): 7:40am On Nov 15, 2012
@yusufu congrats n to all the runner ups,you are simply the best. Nairaland has never ceased to amaze me since I joined this greatest forum,I must say that my life has positively changed for the best. LonG NL. I love designing but I don't know how to design. Oga seun please I plead that you open a thread that would teach those people that love designing but are not acquaint with designing so that we could learn how to design something.thank you in advance for honouring my request.
Re: Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results by akay48(m): 8:02am On Nov 15, 2012
Congrats to the winner sha, and erad, sowie bro, and congrats too...@easykobo...i've bn wondering who did those designs for u...buh now i knw better...one word tho, try using those font colours in ur next designs, they look bright and catchy..GOODLUCK!
Re: Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results by Revolva(m): 8:15am On Nov 15, 2012
Nice one Seun ....see what ave missed had it been I know how to design I for enter the competition --
Plx can someone teach me how to design banner like that what software is best and easy ?
Re: Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results by tedjazz(m): 8:16am On Nov 15, 2012
When will @seun organise sumtin like dis for web designers na?
Re: Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results by yusufu16: 8:32am On Nov 15, 2012
@easykobo
I think your designs look too casual. A more robust design is what you need in order to draw more traffic and attract more and more visitors
Re: Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results by akay48(m): 9:03am On Nov 15, 2012
Revolva: Nice one Seun ....see what ave missed had it been I know how to design I for enter the competition --
Plx can someone teach me how to design banner like that what software is best and easy ?
bro, loadz of topics hv bn created to address that, u can get pdf tutorials online, youtube videos too are good. There are lotz of CG artists close to you if you need hands on training, just ask around...
tedjazz: When will @seun organise sumtin like dis for web designers na?
keeping fingers crossedgrin

yusufu16: @easykobo
I think your designs look too casual. A more robust design is what you need in order to draw more traffic and attract more and more visitors
True talk, d initial designs look childish grin
Re: Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results by lightheart(m): 9:20am On Nov 15, 2012
Seun: yusufui6's approach of weaving the call to action element into the body of the ad is as good as, and sometimes better than, the regular practice of making the call to action a separate element with a generic phrase like "click now".

And its a wrap! #dopeLines
Nice one....nice one.
#Favourited
Re: Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results by WilliamCee(m): 9:35am On Nov 15, 2012
@Seun i cannot believe this, i don't complain, but i had to do say this, my ads deserve way-better than just being placed on the "other contestants category" considering your approach on your reviews, but anyway you made your choice, but i think my ads is worth taking a second look at.
Re: Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results by Seun(m): 10:13am On Nov 15, 2012
WilliamCee: @Seun i cannot believe this, i don't complain, but i had to do say this, my ads deserve way-better than just being placed on the "other contestants category" considering your approach on your reviews, but anyway you made your choice, but i think my ads is worth taking a second look at.

We've created a "notable entry" section to promote designers like you whose entries were quite good but didn't make the top 4. I hope you like it!
Re: Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results by redcliff: 10:20am On Nov 15, 2012
wow. All i can do is to congratulate the winner.. thought i had the competition nailed. its all good. Atleast i know i am part of the best.

1 Like

Re: Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results by OkwaIfugo(m): 11:13am On Nov 15, 2012
yusuf congrats jooor.
no mind all these designers who spam the forum with so much of adverts.
now there is a contest no one dey show face.
Re: Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results by redcliff: 11:51am On Nov 15, 2012
Mr Johnthentic, if anybody is supposed to complain, they are the 3 runner ups. They were closer to the prize than others. please can you just learn how to take criticisms and reform it to better yourself professionally? Its a shame you have to resort to this..The truth of the matter now is that Yesufu is smiling to go withdraw his N50k seun paid this morning. (thats if he has already lipsrsealed). Just kidding. What i am saying is that its easier to get to the top but its hard staying there. So u my friend should have an easy ride with yours to the top.
Re: Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results by Iaz93: 11:59am On Nov 15, 2012
Johnthentic:
it`s your mouth, you say whatever you like and i donnt care.
you gat me smh
Re: Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results by osamedia(m): 12:12pm On Nov 15, 2012
Johnthentic:
it`s your mouth, you say whatever you like and i donnt care.

My brother take it easy okay, i know u understand wat u r trying to say here, but sometimes, we human being thinks differently, i could remember sometime around march/april, when Waje dropped an open competition for graphic designers to design her CD album cover design with her 2 pics which she droped and music write ups, its was someone dat alerted me, they got almost 50 submissions of designs and my designs was 3rd 2 d last, its was an open contest were professional designers and fans has to vote deir choice, But at d end of d day, they announced d winner that will get 1st 500dollars instantly, and get another 500dollars at d album launching, but my head dey boil badly becos na photoshop,fireworks,indesign naim i use 4 d design een to d extent fans and prof designers were sayin my was d best......after many many mending!! d next day, naim dem request for my azar, omon naim dem wire 75k enter my Azar....So na so d whole case take close........ so my Bros just take ham easy, cos i believe say seun go reason ur matter well well, and compensate u.... but dis yusuf look familiar o, u sure say u non dey that contest, cos i see name like yusuf but forgot d surname.
Re: Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results by ifyalways(f): 12:58pm On Nov 15, 2012
Johnthentic: SAY THAT TO YOUR FUTURE HUSBAND NOT ME, SINCE THE DAY YOU WERE GIVEN BIRTH TO, "such a sore bitter loser." IS THE MEANING OF YOUR NAME.

cheesy grin cheesy
You go binu sotay you go hug transformer.Yusuf won and there's nothing positive your crying and wailing can do.If anything,it has shown that you are such a bitter Bierce.

Stop hating,work on yourself or you'll die of bile. cool
Re: Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results by osamedia(m): 1:00pm On Nov 15, 2012
ifyalways: cheesy grin cheesy
You go binu sotay you go hug transformer.Yusuf won and there's nothing positive your crying and wailing can do.If anything,it has shown that you are such a bitter Bierce.

Stop hating,work on yourself or you'll die of bile. cool

my friend unon go let person hear word, na only u dey here?
Re: Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results by Iaz93: 1:05pm On Nov 15, 2012
osamedia:

my friend unon go let person hear word, na only u dey here?
she's just sayin the truth
Re: Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 15, 2012
mr. seun you havent responded. is there no consolation price for we runner ups?

1 Like

Re: Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results by Koolking(m): 2:11pm On Nov 15, 2012
yusufu16: I want to congratulate all designers who have participated in this Contest. I also want to thank you Seun for creating this platform where we can showcase our creative abilities. All of us are Winners. Lets continue to put in our best in whatever we do. Thank you all.

Congratulations! Those ads are 'wow'. I would love to be tutored in graphic design. Let's talk bro.
Re: Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results by Seun(m): 2:11pm On Nov 15, 2012
yorme: mr. seun you havent responded. is there no consolation price for we runner ups?

How about one week of free advertising on plan C such that you can advertise anything?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Onafujiri "Fuji" Remet - 3-year-Old Photographer / Dalton Ghetti 's Amazing Pencil Work / Amazing Art Made Of Fruit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.