Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,528 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? (6430 Views)

China Is Building Its First Military Base In Africa. America Should Be Nervous. / China Is World's Fifth Arms Exporter / China Is Better For Africa Than The West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by stunna2(m): 8:14pm On Nov 14, 2012
This Unbelievable Article on how China is taking over Africa [/b]is on the DailyMail online!! I am still in shock! WTF
Anyways, the chinese think that we black africans are lazy, and if they are right, i don't expect a lot of people here to bother reading the main article anyways because it is not about P square or Tontolet!

[b]For those who want to know...please read the article and hear for yourself what is going on! Let us know what y'all think!

"China's rulers believe Africa can become a 'satellite' state, solving its own problems of over-population and shortage of natural resources at a stroke.
With little fanfare, a staggering 750,000 Chinese have settled in Africa over the past decade. And more are believed to be on their way.
The strategy has been carefully devised by officials in Beijing, where one expert has estimated that China will eventually need to send 300million people to Africa to solve the problems of over-population and pollution.
The plans appear on track. Across Africa, the red flag of China is flying. Lucrative deals are being struck to buy its commodities - oil, platinum, gold and minerals".

Okay, my people...last night I saw a disturbing documentary of Chinese with big guns and white folks mining gold in the rain forest of Ghana and bulldozing the entire landscape with Ghanaians living in mud houses looking on and today I was reading this and wanted to share!![

i]PLEASE READ THE FULL STORY HERE AND SEE PICTURES OF CHINESE LOOKING CITY IN AFRICA and the Africans are too poor to live in it!![/i]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2168507/Footage-shows-brand-new-Angolan-city-designed-500-000-lying-empty.html

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2168507/Footage-shows-brand-new-Angolan-city-designed-500-000-lying-empty.html#ixzz2CDyjyiNc
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by pleep(m): 8:42pm On Nov 14, 2012
Damnable chinks!

Post the link to the documentary, i want to see what these yellow bastards have been up to.
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by pleep(m): 8:45pm On Nov 14, 2012
At this rate i think there is going to be some sort of armed confrontation between china and Africa. Honestly i think the best plan would be to scare them away from coming over here.

Yes that means physical violence.
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by stunna2(m): 8:46pm On Nov 14, 2012
pleep: Damnable chinks!

Post the link to the documentary, i want to see what these yellow bastards have been up to.

HERE:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2168507/Footage-shows-brand-new-Angolan-city-designed-500-000-lying-empty.html
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by pleep(m): 8:52pm On Nov 14, 2012
Okay, my people...last night I saw a disturbing documentary of Chinese with big guns and white folks mining gold in the rain forest of Ghana and bulldozing the entire landscape with Ghanaians living in mud houses looking on and today I was reading this and wanted to share!![
i mean this one. What was the program called?
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by stunna2(m): 8:55pm On Nov 14, 2012
THESE ARE PICTURES OF THE CITY BUILT BY CHINA FOR AN AFRICAN GOVERNMENT IN EXCHANGE FOR OIL! But the buildings are empty because, the Africans who own the country can not afford to buy and live in them...
Note that the African Country is also very rich in other mineral resources!

Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by stunna2(m): 8:59pm On Nov 14, 2012
more pictures: this time one of the new city and another of the Africans who live nearby and will never be able to buy units in the new empty city in ANGOLA!

Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Horus(m): 9:05pm On Nov 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je44VcZQUQw

Angola's $3.5 Billion Chinese Built Ghost Town

(Wait 28 seconds after the add to see the video).

$3.5 Billion dollar City built by the Chinese Government in the African Country of Angola sits empty of residents. Meanwhile Angola's residents live in impoverished, squalid homes at exorbitant rents.

2 Likes

Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by stunna2(m): 9:07pm On Nov 14, 2012
pleep: i mean this one. What was the program called?

Oh, the TV documentary was of 2 Americans who went broke after the housing bubble in the US and went to Ghana to mine gold and made $130.000 in 3 months (20.000.000.00Naira) and are now going back to make millions of dollars and they show them arriving in Ghana and some Chinese with big guns where already mining the land the 2 guys got permit for and payed the local chiefs for and there was no damn thing the men could do!! poverty stricken africans living in mud houses were shown helping the Chinese with the work and i felt like i was going to explode in anger...!

TITTLE: "JUNGLE GOLD" on the 'Discovery channel' if you live in North America
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 14, 2012
The Western world used Africa to build up its continent. Now, China is just doing the same thing.
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by stunna2(m): 9:14pm On Nov 14, 2012
Horus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je44VcZQUQw

Angola's $3.5 Billion Chinese Built Ghost Town

(Wait 28 seconds after the add to see the video).

$3.5 Billion dollar City built by the Chinese Government in the African Country of Angola sits empty of residents. Meanwhile Angola's residents live in impoverished, squalid homes at exorbitant rents.

thank you my guy for helping with the video link!!

1 Like

Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Horus(m): 9:15pm On Nov 14, 2012
$tunna:

Oh, the TV documentary was of 2 Americans who went broke after the housing bubble in the US and went to Ghana to mine gold and made $130.000 in 3 months (20.000.000.00Naira) and are now going back to make millions of dollars and they show them arriving in Ghana and some Chinese with big guns where already mining the land the 2 guys got permit for and payed the local chiefs for and there was no damn thing the men could do!! poverty stricken africans living in mud houses were shown helping the Chinese with the work and i felt like i was going to explode in anger...!

This documentary is available on video here : "JUNGLE GOLD" on the 'Discovery channel: http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/jungle-gold
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by stunna2(m): 9:19pm On Nov 14, 2012
Horus:

This documentary is available on video here : "JUNGLE GOLD" on the 'Discovery channel: http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/jungle-gold

Thanks @ Horus!

okay people, now everyone has access to the article online as well as the videos! what do we think and is it too late already...??
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by PhysicsQED(m): 9:23pm On Nov 14, 2012
$tunna:

Yeah I saw this on Sunday. It looked terrible. The two white guys were overly dramatic and kind of looked like they were putting on a show for the cameras, but their gold lust seemed genuine, as did their complete disinterest in the actual Ghanaian people and their country.
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by tpia1: 9:26pm On Nov 14, 2012
Well, it doesnt really concern nigerians, and if the ghanaians arent complaining, then we really need to face our own side.

Op did you post this on ghanaweb.

Nigeria has myriads of her own problems which need fixing.
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 14, 2012
I want to highlight the following part if the article.

Chinese have proved much more relaxed about what their billions are used for. Certainly, little of it reaches the continent's impoverished 800 million people. Much of it goes straight into the pockets of dictators. In Africa, corruption is a multi-billion pound industry and many experts believe that China is fuelling the cancer.

The Chinese are contemptuous of such criticism. To them, Africa is about pragmatism, not human rights. While the bounty has, not surprisingly, been welcomed by African dictators, the people of Africa are less impressed.

The bolded is the main issue here. The Chinese don't really care about us- why should they? If our own "leaders" are so willing to sell us out, who are they to bother themselves about us? If we don't treat ourselved with dignity, can we expect it from CHINA of all places?

Fail.

2 Likes

Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 14, 2012
A fitting end to an important article. African leaders will do well to take note.

Where will it all end? As far as Beijing is concerned, it will stop only when Africa no longer has any minerals or oil to be extracted from the continent.

The people of this bewitching, beautiful continent, where humankind first emerged from the Great Rift Valley, desperately need progress. The Chinese are not here for that.

They are here for plunder. After centuries of pain and war, Africa deserves better.
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Horus(m): 9:43pm On Nov 14, 2012
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by stunna2(m): 9:44pm On Nov 14, 2012
tpia1: Well, it doesnt really concern nigerians, and if the ghanaians arent complaining, then we really need to face our own side.

Op did you post this on ghanaweb.

Nigeria has myriads of her own problems which need fixing.

I TAKE IT THAT YOU DID NOT READ THE ARTICLE: So, let me post more from it for ya...

"Exclusive, gated compounds, serving only Chinese food, and where no blacks are allowed, are being built all over the continent. 'African cloths' sold in markets on the continent are now almost always imported, bearing the legend: 'Made in China'".

"From Nigeria in the north, to Equatorial Guinea, Gabon and Angola in the west, across Chad and Sudan in the east, and south through Zambia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique, China has seized a vice-like grip on a continent which officials have decided is crucial to the superpower's long-term survival.
'The Chinese are all over the place,' says Trevor Ncube, a prominent African businessman with publishing interests around the continent. 'If the British were our masters yesterday, the Chinese have taken their place.'

Likened to one race deciding to adopt a new home on another planet, Beijing has launched its so-called 'One China In Africa' policy because of crippling pressure on its own natural resources in a country where the population has almost trebled from 500 million to 1.3 billion in 50 years.
China is hungry - for land, food and energy. While accounting for a fifth of the world's population, its oil consumption has risen 35-fold in the past decade and Africa is now providing a third of it; imports of steel, copper and aluminium have also shot up, with Beijing devouring 80 per cent of world supplies..."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2168507/Footage-shows-brand-new-Angolan-city-designed-500-000-lying-empty.html#ixzz2CEPxnaxG
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 14, 2012
I am sorry to say this but Africans are such a weak and passive race of people.

We are only territorial when fellow Africans are involved. But we go from one white-skinned colonizer to the next - no wahala.

As a man thinketh, so is he. If our habit is to continue kneeling in submission to others then our thoughts of inferiority will continue to manifest as fact until proven otherwise.

Yes, until proven otherwise WE ARE INFERIOR.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by ektbear: 11:11pm On Nov 14, 2012
The weak are food for the strong. This has always been the way of life on this planet.

1 Like

Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by pleep(m): 11:27pm On Nov 14, 2012
What really scares me is when they buy the mineral rights and the mining claims. I think these are around 300k + a plot in Nigeria, payed to the government. Even if a Nigerian owns the land the government can sell the 'mineral rights' of that land to any foreign company or individual that wants to buy it. That is how they came up with the term "illegal mining" Nigerians who mine their own land without buying mineral rights.

From my research into this it seems mining rights are pretty easy to buy for ppl who can afford it. These guys are making bank. The only way to prevent these fuckin chinks from buying the resources in Africa is to buy it ourselves or to change the law, because if they buy all the plots there will be absolutely no legal way to get the land back. Africas resources will belong to China and only way to make them leave will be military force.

We are running out of time, ill bet this stuff will be all bought up in 20 yrs time.
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 14, 2012
This is old news...

However, did any of you bother to read the article? - I guess no...

I still don't know how China is culpable in this... The chinese were asked to build residential estates, which they did... But the Angolan government made the houses too pricey for the ordinary Angolans - so how is this China's fault?? Africans need to stop playing the blame game and start taking responsibilities for their actions and inactions... China's rise to the top has been peaceful without infractions, however, you African puppets have continued to swallow the smear campaign from the western media like simpletons....

And when did Dailymail become a reliable source of information? - most educated Brits don't even go on dailymail... If you don't believe me, go on reputable UK websites like Telegraph, Guardian, and Independent - and tell the posters on there that you're a dailymail reader lol...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 14, 2012
$tunna:

I TAKE IT THAT YOU DID NOT READ THE ARTICLE: So, let me post more from it for ya...

"Exclusive, gated compounds, serving only Chinese food, and where no blacks are allowed, are being built all over the continent. 'African cloths' sold in markets on the continent are now almost always imported, bearing the legend: 'Made in China'".

"From Nigeria in the north, to Equatorial Guinea, Gabon and Angola in the west, across Chad and Sudan in the east, and south through Zambia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique, China has seized a vice-like grip on a continent which officials have decided is crucial to the superpower's long-term survival.
'The Chinese are all over the place,' says Trevor Ncube, a prominent African businessman with publishing interests around the continent. 'If the British were our masters yesterday, the Chinese have taken their place.'

Likened to one race deciding to adopt a new home on another planet, Beijing has launched its so-called 'One China In Africa' policy because of crippling pressure on its own natural resources in a country where the population has almost trebled from 500 million to 1.3 billion in 50 years.
China is hungry - for land, food and energy. While accounting for a fifth of the world's population, its oil consumption has risen 35-fold in the past decade and Africa is now providing a third of it; imports of steel, copper and aluminium have also shot up, with Beijing devouring 80 per cent of world supplies..."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2168507/Footage-shows-brand-new-Angolan-city-designed-500-000-lying-empty.html#ixzz2CEPxnaxG

Why do you keep spamming everywhere with dailymail? - get a life, mate!
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 14, 2012
Wait is Nigerian land owned by the government by default?

I thought this used to be so only during Abacha's regime.

pleep: What really scares me is when they buy the mineral rights and the mining claims. I think these are around 300k + a plot in Nigeria, payed to the government. Even if a Nigerian owns the land the government can sell the 'mineral rights' of that land to any foreign company or individual that wants to buy it. That is how they came up with the term "illegal mining" Nigerians who mine their own land without buying mineral rights.

From my research into this it seems mining rights are pretty easy to buy for ppl who can afford it. These guys are making bank. The only way to prevent these fuckin chinks from buying the resources in Africa is to buy it ourselves or to change the law, because if they buy all the plots there will be absolutely no legal way to get the land back. Africas resources will belong to China and only way to make them leave will be military force.

We are running out of time, ill bet this stuff will be all bought up in 20 yrs time.
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Horus(m): 11:38pm On Nov 14, 2012
The fact is that Africans can only rise together. It is important to note that it is in the interest of Asia and the West for us to remain divided because they will retain a massive bargaining power over us. Africa is resource rich and if we worked together, we could form a price fixing cartel like OPEC for all our resources, in the process extracting a bigger portion of value from the global economic system.
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 14, 2012
Horus: The fact is that Africans can only rise together. It is important to note that it is in the interest of Asia and the West for us to remain divided because they will retain a massive bargaining power over us. Africa is resource rich and if we worked together, we could form a price fixing cartel like OPEC for all our resources, in the process extracting a bigger portion of value from the global economic system.

Wishful thinking...

Africa/Africans are too cowardly and stupid to form anything like OPEC... Gaddafi started the same thing when the AU was formed and that was the initial plan... However, how many African leaders and Africans supported him when the Western hawks came smashing through his front door?? Nigeria was among the first country to vote for intervention and recognise the rebel... And most Nigerians sided with the west without actually knowing what was going on in Libya... The dictator narrative got everyone cheering for the west - however, what you just proposed was his biggest sin...

Africans deserve whatever they get, to be honest...

1 Like

Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Horus(m): 12:08am On Nov 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4wIH_Hn-mc

Africans, it is time to kick whites out of Africa and change the leadership

Excellent Video!!
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by pleep(m): 12:12am On Nov 15, 2012
nnenna.1:
Wait is Nigerian land owned by the government by default?

I thought this used to be so only during Abacha's regime.

Not the land, the mineral rights under the land. For example my grandmas village is on top of a natural gas reserve, the land istelf belongs to the villagers but the right to extract the resources belongs to the government.

The gov can sell it to anyone they want at any time. Its a horrible law.
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:29am On Nov 15, 2012
nnenna.1:
I am sorry to say this but Africans are such a weak and passive race of people.

We are only territorial when fellow Africans are involved. But we go from one white-skinned colonizer to the next - no wahala.

As a man thinketh, so is he. If our habit is to continue kneeling in submission to others then our thoughts of inferiority will continue to manifest as fact until proven otherwise.

Yes, until proven otherwise WE ARE INFERIOR.

^^^The bolded struck a chord with me; zeroing your assertion down to Nigeria: same could be said about our ethnic groups that can be so territorial and possesive; esp' if it's a fellow nigger Nigerian who isn't from your ethnicity.....and 'screw' issues of qualification and merit; we no get time for all that nonsense angry.

Can you imagine the uproar if it was just one Nigerian ethnic group (instead of caucasians) that -by merit- owned and ran the oil comapanies like Shell, Chevron, etc?......blood for don flow by now!; but oyibo man?.......no wahala, make he dey exploit dey go; no wonder we are getting royally screwed in every way possible. wink

The issue of our useless elite/leaders selling us and our resources to the highest bidder is another story altogether.
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:32am On Nov 15, 2012
Angola should be grateful to the Chinese for bring civilization to their land. Something similar with festac 77 before the whites left. The Chinese are in Angola today but when a certain situation arise, they will leave.

I can't fault the chinese on this one becos nothing stops Angolans from building such structure on their so called land. The world can't wait on Africans forever. Africans(blacks) are their own worst enemies.

1 Like

Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Nobody: 12:37am On Nov 15, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: Angola should be grateful to the Chinese for bring civilization to their land. Something similar with festac 77 before the whites left. The Chinese are in Angola today but when a certain situation arise, they will leave.

I can't fault the chinese on this one becos nothing stops Angolans from building such structure on their so called land. The world can't wait on Africans forever. Africans(blacks) are their own worst enemies.

Thank you...

The Angolan government made the houses pricey, yet trust Africans to blame someone else for that as well... The country is stupendously rich, why can't the government just give the houses out to people on subsidy, or something?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons? / Did Logan Smith Predict Queen Elizabeth's Death / South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.