Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,809 members, 7,798,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) - Religion (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) (39966 Views)

Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Is Archangel Michael Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by pastormustwacc: 9:28pm On Dec 26, 2012
So Jesus is really Arcangel michael then (Based on the evidences provided by this thread). Any objections before we declare the thread closed?
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 26, 2012
40 pages? Chai! I left this thread at around page 26 or so!!! Nawa oh! No be small work
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by true2god: 12:42am On Dec 27, 2012
plappville:

True2god respect herself wen I gave her/,him a free leave from my thread he was about to derail this morning. He is known for this act now....always out of topic... grin grin
I made my point on the issue, dat JW is lying calling Jesus an angel. I dnt tink ur (or fake barrister's) excessive post will change my stance on d issue. Go and tell dat to a kindergatten pupil.
Wen next u go publishin tell ur prospect dat Jesus is an angel and make ursef a laughing stock. I knw u wont come up with dat at the outset.
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by pastormustwacc: 1:06am On Dec 27, 2012
seriallink: 40 pages? Chai! I left this thread at around page 26 or so!!! Nawa oh! No be small work
Me sef tire o, na so we go drag am enter 2013, with no agreement. . .
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Boomark(m): 8:06am On Dec 27, 2012
true2god: I made my point on the issue, dat JW is lying calling Jesus an angel. I dnt tink ur (or fake barrister's) excessive post will change my stance on d issue. Go and tell dat to a kindergatten pupil.
Wen next u go publishin tell ur prospect dat Jesus is an angel and make ursef a laughing stock. I knw u wont come up with dat at the outset.

You don't want to learn because you don't want to make yourself a laughing stock. I know some churches are good at mocking Jws, even when they don't know anything. I know what you fear. I was with you before. The Rock mass which is Christ, 1Cor 10:1-4, is a strong evidence from plappvile. I was looking for something that will uphold or change my stance on Heb 1:5 from the scripture, then troGun fire one shot, Luke 21:29. All because i want to back Hebrew up with something found in the scripture. Am not a Jw but i have learnt a lot from this thread.

1 Like

Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Boomark(m): 8:08am On Dec 27, 2012
pastormustwacc: So Jesus is really Arcangel michael then (Based on the evidences provided by this thread). Any objections before we declare the thread closed?

NO Objection.

1 Like

Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by BARRISTERS: 4:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
Boomark;

NO Objection

3 Gbosas!!! for Boomark, at least for his consistency and down to earth-christian-son-of-God attitude!
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by BARRISTERS: 4:51pm On Dec 27, 2012
@True2God

I made my point on the issue, dat JW is lying calling Jesus an angel. I dnt tink ur (or fake barrister's) excessive post will change my stance on d issue. Go and tell dat to a kindergatten pupil.

let me show you a mess smelling in your so-called church; Assemblies of God church.

Morris Cerullo is an ordained Assembly of God Minister and Healing Evangelist. His personal ministry mansion and two-storey home is over 12,000 sq ft. It is behind two secured gates in the richest neighborhood in America and has been estimated at over $12 million. Mr. Cerullo and his wife are the only two that live there, and report that they are on the foreign field 70% of the time... what a waste of God's money!

Morris Cerullo's sky limousine, a Gulstream G4, is estimated to be worth $50 million. He has two full-time pilots and a stewardess who said in recent depositions that the plane has a gold-plated interior. He has had three similar private jets since.

Morris Cerullo claims to be a miracle maker, but he is under investigation for being a money taker. John Paul Warren, a former Senior Executive with Morris Cerullo World Evangelism (MCWE) has filed a lawsuit claiming he was ousted from the MCWE organization after confronting Cerullo about "unethical and fraudulent fund-raising techniques."

This is the second such lawsuit against Cerullo. Warren, who is a highly respected, third-generation, ordained Assemblies of God Minister, filed his suit in May of 2000 in San Diego County Superior Court. He is represented by attorneys Dean Broyles and Tim Rutherford of San Diego, and Hunter Lundy, based in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Lundy successfully represented Marvin Gorman in his suit against televangelist Jimmy Swaggart in 1991, which resulted in a large verdict against Swaggart."

Cerullo refers to himself as `Dr. Cerullo,' although he does not have any degree earning him this title," says Lundy. "He runs MCWE from offices in San Diego, which he calls `mission control,' but he does not serve as the minister of any physical church or congregation." Cerullo raised millions of dollars and bought the defunct PTL Network, theme park and conference grounds from bankruptcy court after Televangelist Jim Bakker's career ended when he was convicted and sent to federal prison for fraud."

[size=14pt]Cerullo purports to have first met God at the age of eight.[/size] Since then, his life has apparently been one unbelievable experience after another," says Lundy. "He says he was led out of a Jewish orphanage by two angelic beings; transported to heaven for a face- to-face meeting with God; has the ability to predict the future; can heal the sick; and has told audiences when they look at him they `are looking at God.' He also asks them to `give me your pocket books.' "

According to Broyles, Cerullo's primary focus is raising millions of dollars in the name of God to support his own personal lavish lifestyle both overseas and in the United States. He says, "The victims of Cerullo's tactics and the source of his millions are the elderly, widows and poor here in the United States as well as in distressed third world nations." Broyles says Cerullo's fundraising tactics include direct solicitations, prayer rallies, the sale of videotapes, prayer networks, television marketing and mail campaigns, among others, all of which are based upon misrepresentations and false promises.

Warren, who has first-hand knowledge of MCWE operations, says, "Cerullo made countless promises to his donors he never intended to keep. He would raise money for popular projects that would generate extraordinary donor support, then never do the project, but keep the money." Warren says shortly after moving to San Diego to assume the leadership of MCWE he discovered that Cerullo used the charitable status of MCWE to personally profit. "Cerullo merchandises the gospel for his own personal wealth," says Warren. Warren has asked Cerullo to repent for his deceptive fundraising practices and to return millions to his donors, but Cerullo refused.

Cerullo's son, David Cerullo, runs the former PTL Network, now known as the Inspiration (INSP) Network based in North Carolina, which serves as a primary medium for disseminating Cerullo's solicitation programs and generating names for future fundraising efforts. "Neither Cerullo's MCWE nor his Inspiration Network are financially accountable to any group," says Rutherford. "In fact, Cerullo, his son David and his wife Theresa are all members of MCWE's board of directors."

Warren's attorneys say their sources report 70% of Cerullo's income comes from profit-oriented business activities as opposed to the non-profit activities dictated by his tax- exempt status.

"Cerullo lives in plush comfort in a multi-million dollar mansion behind two security gates on a luxurious estate in the exclusive Ranch Sante Fe neighbourhood, purported to be the richest neighbourhood in the country. MCWE owns and controls numerous business properties, several luxury automobiles and a gold-plated private jet. He is reported to have personally estimated his net worth at 100 million dollars. Does this sound like the lifestyle of a minister of the gospel?" asks Lundy.

Attorneys say trouble seems to be following Cerullo and his MCWE ministry. Numerous former employees have reported possible criminal violations to the Internal Revenue Service, U.S. Customs and the U.S. Postal Inspector. Cerullo has been banned from television in Great Britain unless he can authenticate the miracles he supposedly performs, and the Jewish community has protested what they call his underhanded attempts to convert practising Jews to Christianity. In addition, many established, respected religious organizations have distanced themselves from Cerullo and MCWE.Attorneys in this case are deeply concerned that Cerullo's fundraising practices are harmful, especially to the elderly.

Previously Superior Court Judge Linda B. Quinn denied a motion by Cerullo to dismiss Warren's claims. Cerullo appealed Judge Quinn's ruling. He sought immunity from litigation under the First Amendment to the Constitution. The appeal was to be heard in the Superior Court of Appeals of the State of California at the San Diego County Courthouse at 9am on November 14.

By all accounts, the hearing went well for Cerullo's opponents. Cerullo himself was present with his wife to witness the proceedings. Rather than answer the charges, Cerullo is trying to hide behind the first amendment that states that ministers cannot go to court against one another. The Appeals court will give a ruling within the next 90 days.

John Paul Warren, Cerullo's antagonist, is determined that Cerullo be exposed to the Christian community for his actions. He says he tried for nearly two years to get Cerullo to submit to Church leadership for correction, but predictably Cerullo refused. He says he travelled with Cerullo throughout the world and witnessed his actions first hand. He asked Cerullo to return millions of dollars to the donors, but predictably Cerullo refused. So Warren felt he had no other choice but to take him to court.

Warren's suit also claims that an AG church in Oregon reversed its decision to hire him after learning of his lawsuit against Cerullo. Warren alleges that MCWE officials' interference damaged his relationship with the AG and affected his future job prospects.

The MCWE board statement said that prior to filing his lawsuit, Warren had demanded $2.2 million not to sue. He had been asked to submit his grievances to binding Christian arbitration, but refused. Warren said he would go to nonbinding arbitration if MCWE paid all expenses, the board said.

Another suit against Cerullo was recently settled out of court. Harry Turner, a MCWE vice president who resigned in November 1999, said that the agreement prevented him from revealing the amount of the settlement. According to a letter on court file, Turner's attorney had asked for $800,000 to settle "short of litigation." Turner's list of grievances against Cerullo included allegations of lies and fraud by Cerullo to his donors.

Davis Frast, a public information officer and postal inspector with the Postal Inspection Service, said that his agency had received complaints about Cerullo's ministry and that it was in the first stages of an investigation.

Back in the 90's Assembly of God Evangelist Morris Cerullo had a telethon on national telethon with a special guest Robert Tilton. The purpose was to collect money to buy back Jim Bakker's Heritage USA, the Christian theme park in Fort Mill, South Carolina, founded by Jim Bakker. In the 1980s, Heritage USA attracted 6 million visitors annually and employed more than 2,000 people.

Evangelist Cerullo was successful in his undertaking and the park stayed opened for a few years but nevertheless closed its door closed November 30, 1997. But unknown to most people was the fact that Morris Cerullo undertook this venture because the number one boss of the Assembly of God denomination Thomas E. Trask asked him to do it. The Assembly of God denomination through its different superintendents was a driving and controlling force behind Jim Bakker's PTL Club.

Jeffrey K. Hadden, professor of sociology at the University of Virginia at Charlottesville reported that 'A little-known clause in the Heritage USA charter bequeaths the entire kingdom to the Assemblies of God in the event that Jim and Tammy were not able to reign?"

Karl Strader has gone on record to state that I was one of those who helped him build PTL,", "and I never did know what he did wrong, frankly. And if he did do something wrong, I forgive him, and I know everybody else here forgives him," said After getting out from prison Baker once spoke at Carpenter's Home church and said Strader's wife, Joyce, wrote him a letter once a week while he was in prison.

What was significant was the Robert Tilton was never part of the Assembly of God or PTL Club crowd. He was an independent "faith' evangelist who saw the value of television and the buy back of Heritage USA included its state of the art Television facilities and dishes. (Oral Roberts also competed in this venture against Morris Cerullo and lost!)

The secular news media reported that in the Brownsville Assembly of God revival four pastors involved in the revival each set up personally owned non profit corporations to profit from the revival. Unfortunately for the sheep it's very common in America for TV Evangelists and even pastors and preachers to be con artists and thieves.

Although it's an American Federal law that all non profit corporations, including universities and Evangelical ministries, must release to the public their five top salaries few of the Religious ones do it

A former Pentecostal pastor sentenced to prison recently for fleecing his Colorado congregation admitted doing "some horrible, horrible, things," as a handful of church members sat in court.

According to "The Colorado Springs Gazette," John Harris, who previously led the First Assembly of God church in Canon City, received a 21-month federal prison term Tuesday for embezzling more than $350,000 from the congregation, based near Denver.

"I am sorry for the deep wounds inflicted by the crimes of fraud, deceit and lies I have committed," Harris, 41, said in court. Without authorization, he opened an account in the church's name and took loans using forged authorization from church leaders. Harris spent the cash on a spa, a golf course membership and stocks.

"He let his desires to be successful blind him to the folly of what he was doing," said Harris' attorney, Warren Williamson, who sought leniency, citing his client's family, children and history of good works.

Judge Walker Miller said the pastor pursued "the altar of the material god." "It is not my job to forgive you," Miller said, the "Gazette" reported. "It is my job to punish you." Harris' wife, Linda, will be sentenced next week for her role in the scheme.

John Harris, Morris Cerullo, Jim Bakker, Jimmy Swaggart and Karl Strader are only the tip of the iceberg of many[b] scoundrels in the Assembly of God denomination who use the sheep for their own gain. [/b] Then we have others like Dr. Henry J. Lyons, Billy, Ned and Franklin Graham, Robert Tilton, Jim Bakker to name a few.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/9te/9te026.html
http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/graham.html

Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by truthislight: 11:40pm On Dec 27, 2012
BARRISTERS: @OLAADEGBU

whats your business with the tread owner? his contributions were not videos and cartoons like yours,it was sanitised! your treads are not sanitised and even my one on one with you if you can remember see the tread that i engaged you;https://www.nairaland.com/870257/worship-one-true-god-not/11
you abandoned the tread here on page 11, since August without explanation! do you answer my question? NOOOOO!

pls stop advertising your treads here! ok! upload more videos and cartoons,insult the bible with your videos and go for builders of your categories;.... chukwudi44.free123.true2God,ihedinobi,Ubenedictus et all...stop inviting people here so as not to derail your tread,ok!

You create a tread since 3 months ago, and you are still on page 7! ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaa! that is a shame!

this particular tread was created a month and 8 days after your own, Nov 14, and its now on page 39, more than 5 times encapsulated your so called tread? what a shame!

Anyway,pls stop advertising your treads here! ok! upload more videos and cartoons you are free! we deal with raw facts and not DISTORTED FACTS, olodo!

some bitter truth ^^^
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by truthislight: 11:51pm On Dec 27, 2012
true2god: Even in dis holiday period u neva stop ur stupidity, i wonda the type of person u r (if u cannot even respect the sanity or sanctity of a season).

I wonder hw u get along in a secular world. U need a paradigm shift bro!

what season?

This demonic, pegan, idolatrouse satan, fraudulent, insultive, disgraceful, unholy, rebellious disgusting, "popepolitic fraud" God forsaken, immoral and satan, celebration cum Chrismas season deserve no mention in a decent christian gathering with respect.

You are finish since you dont know your left from your right.

You belief every thing you hear.
Rubbish!
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Boomark(m): 12:10am On Dec 28, 2012
BARRISTERS: Boomark;

3 Gbosas!!! for Boomark, at least for his consistency and down to earth-christian-son-of-God attitude!

wink
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by BARRISTERS: 9:39pm On Dec 28, 2012
@Boomark;

my broda i dey hail u!

nothing do you, i love your consistency!
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Boomark(m): 6:17am On Dec 29, 2012
BARRISTERS: @Boomark;

my broda i dey hail u!

nothing do you, i love your consistency!

Thank you bro.

I hail you too
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by plappville(f): 2:30am On Dec 30, 2012
Boomark:

grin

Italo disappeared when i asked him a question he cannot answer truthfully. Even ubenedictus. I have not seen them for a while now.

Those our brodas are born Catholic, e go take devine intervention to rescue them back to the truth.... grin grin
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by plappville(f): 2:34am On Dec 30, 2012
true2god: I made my point on the issue, dat JW is lying calling Jesus an angel. I dnt tink ur (or fake barrister's) excessive post will change my stance on d issue. Go and tell dat to a kindergatten pupil.

The JW you are accusing have more bible knowledge than the socalled church that has fed the masses with lies for ages.

You are not being honest since this thread!
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by plappville(f): 2:45am On Dec 30, 2012
Boomark:

You don't want to learn because you don't want to make yourself a laughing stock. I know some churches are good at mocking Jws, even when they don't know anything. I know what you fear. I was with you before. The Rock mass which is Christ, 1Cor 10:1-4, is a strong evidence from plappvile. I was looking for something that will uphold or change my stance on Heb 1:5 from the scripture, then troGun fire one shot, Luke 21:29. All because i want to back Hebrew up with something found in the scripture. Am not a Jw but i have learnt a lot from this thread.

That is the Spirit borda, i used to wonder why the JW see what others don't see. One day as i was studying,
I decided to open my heart to accept just what the scriptures says and not what i was told or made to understand.
The evidence are so plain. If one can remove pride from his mind, HE will accept only the truth.

Christ is our solid rock bro.... cool

God bless you.
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by plappville(f): 2:50am On Dec 30, 2012
true2god:I dnt tink ur (or fake barrister's) excessive post will change my stance on d issue.

True2god oya read oooo.... this forum get funny brethren caieee!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

BARRISTERS: @True2God

let me show you a mess smelling in your so-called church; Assemblies of God church.

Morris Cerullo is an ordained Assembly of God Minister and Healing Evangelist. His personal ministry mansion and two-storey home is over 12,000 sq ft. It is behind two secured gates in the richest neighborhood in America and has been estimated at over $12 million. Mr. Cerullo and his wife are the only two that live there, and report that they are on the foreign field 70% of the time... what a waste of God's money!

Morris Cerullo's sky limousine, a Gulstream G4, is estimated to be worth $50 million. He has two full-time pilots and a stewardess who said in recent depositions that the plane has a gold-plated interior. He has had three similar private jets since.

Morris Cerullo claims to be a miracle maker, but he is under investigation for being a money taker. John Paul Warren, a former Senior Executive with Morris Cerullo World Evangelism (MCWE) has filed a lawsuit claiming he was ousted from the MCWE organization after confronting Cerullo about "unethical and fraudulent fund-raising techniques."

This is the second such lawsuit against Cerullo. Warren, who is a highly respected, third-generation, ordained Assemblies of God Minister, filed his suit in May of 2000 in San Diego County Superior Court. He is represented by attorneys Dean Broyles and Tim Rutherford of San Diego, and Hunter Lundy, based in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Lundy successfully represented Marvin Gorman in his suit against televangelist Jimmy Swaggart in 1991, which resulted in a large verdict against Swaggart."

Cerullo refers to himself as `Dr. Cerullo,' although he does not have any degree earning him this title," says Lundy. "He runs MCWE from offices in San Diego, which he calls `mission control,' but he does not serve as the minister of any physical church or congregation." Cerullo raised millions of dollars and bought the defunct PTL Network, theme park and conference grounds from bankruptcy court after Televangelist Jim Bakker's career ended when he was convicted and sent to federal prison for fraud."

[size=14pt]Cerullo purports to have first met God at the age of eight.[/size] Since then, his life has apparently been one unbelievable experience after another," says Lundy. "He says he was led out of a Jewish orphanage by two angelic beings; transported to heaven for a face- to-face meeting with God; has the ability to predict the future; can heal the sick; and has told audiences when they look at him they `are looking at God.' He also asks them to `give me your pocket books.' "

According to Broyles, Cerullo's primary focus is raising millions of dollars in the name of God to support his own personal lavish lifestyle both overseas and in the United States. He says, "The victims of Cerullo's tactics and the source of his millions are the elderly, widows and poor here in the United States as well as in distressed third world nations." Broyles says Cerullo's fundraising tactics include direct solicitations, prayer rallies, the sale of videotapes, prayer networks, television marketing and mail campaigns, among others, all of which are based upon misrepresentations and false promises.

Warren, who has first-hand knowledge of MCWE operations, says, "Cerullo made countless promises to his donors he never intended to keep. He would raise money for popular projects that would generate extraordinary donor support, then never do the project, but keep the money." Warren says shortly after moving to San Diego to assume the leadership of MCWE he discovered that Cerullo used the charitable status of MCWE to personally profit. "Cerullo merchandises the gospel for his own personal wealth," says Warren. Warren has asked Cerullo to repent for his deceptive fundraising practices and to return millions to his donors, but Cerullo refused.

Cerullo's son, David Cerullo, runs the former PTL Network, now known as the Inspiration (INSP) Network based in North Carolina, which serves as a primary medium for disseminating Cerullo's solicitation programs and generating names for future fundraising efforts. "Neither Cerullo's MCWE nor his Inspiration Network are financially accountable to any group," says Rutherford. "In fact, Cerullo, his son David and his wife Theresa are all members of MCWE's board of directors."

Warren's attorneys say their sources report 70% of Cerullo's income comes from profit-oriented business activities as opposed to the non-profit activities dictated by his tax- exempt status.

"Cerullo lives in plush comfort in a multi-million dollar mansion behind two security gates on a luxurious estate in the exclusive Ranch Sante Fe neighbourhood, purported to be the richest neighbourhood in the country. MCWE owns and controls numerous business properties, several luxury automobiles and a gold-plated private jet. He is reported to have personally estimated his net worth at 100 million dollars. Does this sound like the lifestyle of a minister of the gospel?" asks Lundy.

Attorneys say trouble seems to be following Cerullo and his MCWE ministry. Numerous former employees have reported possible criminal violations to the Internal Revenue Service, U.S. Customs and the U.S. Postal Inspector. Cerullo has been banned from television in Great Britain unless he can authenticate the miracles he supposedly performs, and the Jewish community has protested what they call his underhanded attempts to convert practising Jews to Christianity. In addition, many established, respected religious organizations have distanced themselves from Cerullo and MCWE.Attorneys in this case are deeply concerned that Cerullo's fundraising practices are harmful, especially to the elderly.

Previously Superior Court Judge Linda B. Quinn denied a motion by Cerullo to dismiss Warren's claims. Cerullo appealed Judge Quinn's ruling. He sought immunity from litigation under the First Amendment to the Constitution. The appeal was to be heard in the Superior Court of Appeals of the State of California at the San Diego County Courthouse at 9am on November 14.

By all accounts, the hearing went well for Cerullo's opponents. Cerullo himself was present with his wife to witness the proceedings. Rather than answer the charges, Cerullo is trying to hide behind the first amendment that states that ministers cannot go to court against one another. The Appeals court will give a ruling within the next 90 days.

John Paul Warren, Cerullo's antagonist, is determined that Cerullo be exposed to the Christian community for his actions. He says he tried for nearly two years to get Cerullo to submit to Church leadership for correction, but predictably Cerullo refused. He says he travelled with Cerullo throughout the world and witnessed his actions first hand. He asked Cerullo to return millions of dollars to the donors, but predictably Cerullo refused. So Warren felt he had no other choice but to take him to court.

Warren's suit also claims that an AG church in Oregon reversed its decision to hire him after learning of his lawsuit against Cerullo. Warren alleges that MCWE officials' interference damaged his relationship with the AG and affected his future job prospects.

The MCWE board statement said that prior to filing his lawsuit, Warren had demanded $2.2 million not to sue. He had been asked to submit his grievances to binding Christian arbitration, but refused. Warren said he would go to nonbinding arbitration if MCWE paid all expenses, the board said.

Another suit against Cerullo was recently settled out of court. Harry Turner, a MCWE vice president who resigned in November 1999, said that the agreement prevented him from revealing the amount of the settlement. According to a letter on court file, Turner's attorney had asked for $800,000 to settle "short of litigation." Turner's list of grievances against Cerullo included allegations of lies and fraud by Cerullo to his donors.

Davis Frast, a public information officer and postal inspector with the Postal Inspection Service, said that his agency had received complaints about Cerullo's ministry and that it was in the first stages of an investigation.

Back in the 90's Assembly of God Evangelist Morris Cerullo had a telethon on national telethon with a special guest Robert Tilton. The purpose was to collect money to buy back Jim Bakker's Heritage USA, the Christian theme park in Fort Mill, South Carolina, founded by Jim Bakker. In the 1980s, Heritage USA attracted 6 million visitors annually and employed more than 2,000 people.

Evangelist Cerullo was successful in his undertaking and the park stayed opened for a few years but nevertheless closed its door closed November 30, 1997. But unknown to most people was the fact that Morris Cerullo undertook this venture because the number one boss of the Assembly of God denomination Thomas E. Trask asked him to do it. The Assembly of God denomination through its different superintendents was a driving and controlling force behind Jim Bakker's PTL Club.

Jeffrey K. Hadden, professor of sociology at the University of Virginia at Charlottesville reported that 'A little-known clause in the Heritage USA charter bequeaths the entire kingdom to the Assemblies of God in the event that Jim and Tammy were not able to reign?"

Karl Strader has gone on record to state that I was one of those who helped him build PTL,", "and I never did know what he did wrong, frankly. And if he did do something wrong, I forgive him, and I know everybody else here forgives him," said After getting out from prison Baker once spoke at Carpenter's Home church and said Strader's wife, Joyce, wrote him a letter once a week while he was in prison.

What was significant was the Robert Tilton was never part of the Assembly of God or PTL Club crowd. He was an independent "faith' evangelist who saw the value of television and the buy back of Heritage USA included its state of the art Television facilities and dishes. (Oral Roberts also competed in this venture against Morris Cerullo and lost!)

The secular news media reported that in the Brownsville Assembly of God revival four pastors involved in the revival each set up personally owned non profit corporations to profit from the revival. Unfortunately for the sheep it's very common in America for TV Evangelists and even pastors and preachers to be con artists and thieves.

Although it's an American Federal law that all non profit corporations, including universities and Evangelical ministries, must release to the public their five top salaries few of the Religious ones do it

A former Pentecostal pastor sentenced to prison recently for fleecing his Colorado congregation admitted doing "some horrible, horrible, things," as a handful of church members sat in court.

According to "The Colorado Springs Gazette," John Harris, who previously led the First Assembly of God church in Canon City, received a 21-month federal prison term Tuesday for embezzling more than $350,000 from the congregation, based near Denver.

"I am sorry for the deep wounds inflicted by the crimes of fraud, deceit and lies I have committed," Harris, 41, said in court. Without authorization, he opened an account in the church's name and took loans using forged authorization from church leaders. Harris spent the cash on a spa, a golf course membership and stocks.

"He let his desires to be successful blind him to the folly of what he was doing," said Harris' attorney, Warren Williamson, who sought leniency, citing his client's family, children and history of good works.

Judge Walker Miller said the pastor pursued "the altar of the material god." "It is not my job to forgive you," Miller said, the "Gazette" reported. "It is my job to punish you." Harris' wife, Linda, will be sentenced next week for her role in the scheme.

John Harris, Morris Cerullo, Jim Bakker, Jimmy Swaggart and Karl Strader are only the tip of the iceberg of many[b] scoundrels in the Assembly of God denomination who use the sheep for their own gain. [/b] Then we have others like Dr. Henry J. Lyons, Billy, Ned and Franklin Graham, Robert Tilton, Jim Bakker to name a few.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/9te/9te026.html
http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/graham.html
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by plappville(f): 2:51am On Dec 30, 2012
pastormustwacc: So Jesus is really Arcangel michael then (Based on the evidences provided by this thread). Any objections before we declare the thread closed?

Exactly! and there is no objection to the word of God.
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by plappville(f): 2:54am On Dec 30, 2012
truthislight:

what season?

This demonic, pegan, idolatrouse satan, fraudulent, insultive, disgraceful, unholy, rebellious disgusting, "popepolitic fraud" God forsaken, immoral and satan, celebration cum Chrismas season deserve no mention in a decent christian gathering with respect.

You are finish since you dont know your left from your right.

You belief every thing you hear.
Rubbish!

Na waooohh oooo, which u remain for me to use na? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by truthislight: 11:13am On Dec 30, 2012
plappville:

Na waooohh oooo, which u remain for me to use na? grin grin grin grin grin

lol.

Ma sister, that bros tru2god come vex me no be small with that Chrismas yarn wey him come yarn for this thread.

No wary sha, next time i will remain some for you.
Peace.
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by pastormustwacc: 12:04pm On Dec 30, 2012
Trollin with arms in pockets. . .
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by plappville(f): 7:36pm On Dec 30, 2012
truthislight:

lol.

Ma sister, that bros tru2god come vex me no be small with that Chrismas yarn wey him come yarn for this thread.

No wary sha, next time i will remain some for you.
Peace.

Make you take am easy with our honourable true2god oo, i kn say he sabi derail, but i dey enjoy him style... cool

I BEG TRY REMAIN SOME FOR US NEXT TIME. THERE IS LOVE IN SHARING....grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by plappville(f): 7:39pm On Dec 30, 2012
pastormustwacc: Trollin with arms in pockets. . .

You no go host us before you close this thread?....grin
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by pastormustwacc: 9:25pm On Dec 30, 2012
plappville:

You no go host us before you close this thread?....grin
Hmn, frosbel is still not in agreement, he is shaking his head.
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by truthislight: 11:05pm On Dec 30, 2012
plappville:

Make you take am easy with our honourable true2god oo, i kn say he sabi derail, but i dey enjoy him style... cool

I BEG TRY REMAIN SOME FOR US NEXT TIME. THERE IS LOVE IN SHARING....grin grin grin grin

lol,

ok sis, i hear you.
Next time i will remained some.
Peace
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Boomark(m): 10:40am On Dec 31, 2012
plappville:

That is the Spirit borda, i used to wonder why the JW see what others don't see. One day as i was studying,
I decided to open my heart to accept just what the scriptures says and not what i was told or made to understand.
The evidence are so plain. If one can remove pride from his mind, HE will accept only the truth.

Christ is our solid rock bro.... cool

God bless you.

What do you expect from children whose parents are in the habit of sweeping out their footsteps before they even come in. When they grow up like tru..., ub..., ita..., etc, grin they only know/believe what they where told whether true or false.

God bless you too.
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by BARRISTERS: 1:56pm On Dec 31, 2012
Hmn, frosbel is still not in agreement, he is shaking his head.

he doesnt need to be forced to agree! i took my time to single handedly treat his objection one-by-one,but he could not raise further question,so if he still have a reason or an objection to any of my post on this issue,im still ready! so his agreement or not does not alter the truth as proven on the tread! and it takes humility to empty yourself,and drop your pride to agree with the truth,
frosbel ignored 7 good 'detailed' posts of mine which would have cleared his objections! i guessed that he just want to remain that way,and we need to respect his right to do so as well.

i must commend all,who contributed immensely to this conclusion at least for now, we are in agreement, Plappvile,Truthislight,ijawkid,quaray Togun and others and Boomark , all of you have been very wonderfull!

dont mind me engaging true2God that way, i knew he wanted to derail the tread while contributing nothing, so i have to keep him busy while we are also focused and we achieved that.

at the OP

you know when someone is doing good things or contributing to a good course,he or she will not even know how potent his contributions are,

your tread entered 40 in less than 40 days,

OLAADEGBU's 493 topics since 2010, not even one has ever hit 40!(olaadegbu came in here with a cartoon,he was jealous,but he hates our truth)

we persevered to this level, all of us listed above never knew each other and remained anonymous to each other,but because we loved the truth, and can you see how far it was sustained? note that its not that we are used, but because your tread was sanitised, we choose to stay, good for you too! i believe that you have learn one or two things

thanks all.
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 31, 2012
BARRISTERS:

he doesnt need to be forced to agree! i took my time to single handedly treat his objection one-by-one,but he could not raise further question,so if he still have a reason or an objection to any of my post on this issue,im still ready! so his agreement or not does not alter the truth as proven on the tread! and it takes humility to empty yourself,and drop your pride to agree with the truth,
frosbel ignored 7 good 'detailed' posts of mine which would have cleared his objections! i guessed that he just want to remain that way,and we need to respect his right to do so as well.

Wrong, I just saw no point in arguing further.

Jesus Christ is the Messiah, the Christ and Son of GOD.

He is not Angel Michael , period !!

The way you are going, if the government allowed you , you will start rounding up people who disagree with you and burning them at the stake , lol.

grin
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by BARRISTERS: 2:06pm On Dec 31, 2012
@frosbel

i dey laugh here oo

Wrong, I just saw no point in arguing further.

Jesus Christ is the Messiah, the Christ and Son of GOD.

The way you are going, if the government allowed you , you will start rounding up people who disagree with you and burning them at the stake , lol.

these are forcefull rebuttals without a single scripture to support it frosbel, shall we start? should i prove to you? and will you humble enough for others (not me now)who might also want to learn from you, will you reply? so that i can start now!
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 31, 2012
BARRISTERS: @frosbel

i dey laugh here oo

these are forcefull rebuttals without a single scripture to support it frosbel, shall we start? should i prove to you? and will you humble enough for others (not me now)who might also want to learn from you, will you reply? so that i can start now!

okay , but one at a time.

Your first point , please !
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by BARRISTERS: 5:24pm On Dec 31, 2012

how do you conclude that jesus is not an angel? and was jesus ever 'refered to as an angel, and a God in the bible?
Re: Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) by pastormustwacc: 11:23pm On Dec 31, 2012
@frosbel is now in agreement that Jesus = Arc angel michael. @least, that is what my 'second sight' says, this could also mean that his belief in the opposite is shaky.

@barrister, thanks for your commendation. This questions that the thread has raised was already in people's mind for a long time, but it was just one of those things that we are silent about in church and elsewhere.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply)

Mbaka: Why I Didn't But Private Jet Like Other Pastors / Young Woman Beats Drums In Church (Video, Photos) / How Illuminati Collapsed Tb Joshua Guest House (synagogue Church Of All Nation)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.