Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network (14138 Views)

Snakes Invade Communities In Plateau State, Attacks Many / AIDS And Teen Sex Education / Doctor Claims Pregnant 15-year-old Teen Is Still A Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by Leadn(m): 12:17am On Nov 15, 2012
Sometimes the best option is actually to forget the call than risk being “gang-bitten” by six Rattle snakes!

Sixteen-year-old Vera Oliphant was walking in a rural area outside of San Diego searching for a cellphone signal to call her mom. But she ended up needing to call out for help after being attacked by a group of rattlesnakes.

The San Diego teen was visiting her uncle on Oct. 27, in Jamul. She had walked up a hill trying to get a cellphone signal to give her mom a call.

She heard them before she saw them. “I ran backward and stepped into a pit of snakes, ” she told Fox News San Diego. She added, “My body instantly started going numb.” She was bitten on her right foot at least six times, first by the mother and then the five babies.
She hobbled back to her uncle’s house, and he rushed her to the hospital.

It took 24 vials of antivenom to neutralize the toxin from the bites. The cheery teen with dyed red hair and face piercing spent four days in intensive care, and two weeks at home on crutches to nurse her swollen foot.

But recovery will be slow. “The doctors told me that I need two to three months to completely recover from the bites. But I will feel a weird sensation when stepping on my right leg for years,” she told ABC News.

The junior has recovered and was expecting to return to school, Chaparral High School in El Cajon, a little sore and a little wiser.

Take it from an experienced teen tongue

She told Fox News, “If you’re in the desert, for one, wear boots. And two, don’t bring your cellphone or go searching for reception, because you probably won’t find it anyways. And you might step into a pit of rattlesnakes. ”

http://xtremegists.com/2012/11/teen-steps-into-snakes-nest-searching-for-network/
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/teen-steps-snake-nest-while-searching-cellphone-signal-154320583.html
Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by Iaz93: 11:11am On Nov 15, 2012
She's damn lucky. . .6 times
Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 15, 2012
She is so lucky to live....i cnt imagine being bitten by a snake for six times

1 Like

Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by megxo(m): 11:12am On Nov 15, 2012
na tree we de climb na..............our own network de up up cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by miccheck57: 11:12am On Nov 15, 2012
Una no wan comment?....
Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by crusufixo(m): 11:12am On Nov 15, 2012
Lucky Girl !!!!!
Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by Slyp: 11:13am On Nov 15, 2012
Ok thank for the info. 1st
Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by Redmosquito(m): 11:13am On Nov 15, 2012
Redmosquito: If snake plenty like this for Naija MTN subscribers go just dey pile up for hospital

16 Likes

Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by njideoby(f): 11:14am On Nov 15, 2012
You were lucky you,re not in Naija. Go thank your God!
wink
Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by Leadn(m): 11:15am On Nov 15, 2012
Redmosquito: Redmosquito: If snake plenty like this for Naija MTN subscribers go just dey chop snake bite like purewater

Lolzzz **laughing and rolling to Bangladesh** cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 15, 2012
She's a damn lucky girl...and all this people saying "naija this,naija that",why must you call Naija in every situation?? Wetin concern Naija with rattlesnake and teenage girl

2 Likes

Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by Afam4eva(m): 11:22am On Nov 15, 2012
The people wey blackberry go kill still dey. One day dem go ping enter hell fire.

8 Likes

Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by Khayordhe: 11:24am On Nov 15, 2012
[size=28pt]so,no b only our country dey experience bad ntwrk....
I dey hapi 4 d gal o..she waz so lucky 2 hv jux only six bites,...

I can also r'mba d day i fell 4rm a tree bcuz say i dey luk 4 ntwrk...no b smal tin on dat day o...neva in my life will i try such a thing
[/size]
Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by Ejine(m): 11:25am On Nov 15, 2012
My broda no be small thing o! grin grin
Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:34am On Nov 15, 2012
afam4eva: The people wey blackberry go kill still dey. One day dem go ping enter hell fire.
lol what of piple wey de always stay online on nl nko and u wey de comment on every thread

3 Likes

Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by cpacash: 11:35am On Nov 15, 2012
This is not funny ooo..
Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by Chrisfab: 11:36am On Nov 15, 2012
afam4eva: The people wey blackberry go kill still dey. One day dem go ping enter hell fire.
dem go ping go jam heavy duty vehicle
Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by OkwaIfugo(m): 11:37am On Nov 15, 2012
pics?
Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 15, 2012
If 2go dey dat country.... Den na 2go network she dey find.
Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by Haywire99(m): 11:37am On Nov 15, 2012
....read it every well op didn't mention black berry,just network.
Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by Leadn(m): 11:39am On Nov 15, 2012
cpa-cash:
This is not funny ooo..

yeah it not... but thank God she didn't die smiley
Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 15, 2012
God saved her. Bad network everywhere.
Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by lacasa: 11:40am On Nov 15, 2012
Wait first,

If ds shld happen 4 naija, our ill-equiped hospitals get 'anti-venom'

1 Like

Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by Leadn(m): 11:41am On Nov 15, 2012
OkwaIfugo: pics?

Lolzz,,, will she be taking pics of 6 Rattle snakes nibbling at her foot? shocked cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by laodedRay(m): 11:46am On Nov 15, 2012
grin grin"The cheery teen with dyed red hair and face piercing" hhhmmmmm me no trust dis her story sha. maybe she wanted to form familiarity with d snakes chris Angel style grin"

1 Like

Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by megxo(m): 11:49am On Nov 15, 2012
laodedRay: grin grin"The cheery teen with dyed red hair and face piercing" hhhmmmmm me no trust dis her story sha. maybe she wanted to form familiarity with d snakes chris Angel style grin"
OBVIOUSLY, U'VE BIN WATCHIN TOO MUCH MAGIC LATELY grin

2 Likes

Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by Khayordhe: 11:49am On Nov 15, 2012
lacasa: Wait first,

If ds shld happen 4 naija, our ill-equiped hospitals get 'anti-venom'
[size=15pt]naija go get buh d prob na subsidy[/size]
Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by Mavrick2012: 11:59am On Nov 15, 2012
I dnt undastand,she said she was biten b4 she heard d snake how den did she know d numba of d baby snakes?is she sayin after d bite she stil had time 2 count d snakes?i tot d natural tin imediatly afta d bite is to run
Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by younglad007(m): 12:05pm On Nov 15, 2012
Lucky gal
Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by timbros(m): 12:07pm On Nov 15, 2012
Haywire99: ....read it every very well op didn't mention black berry,just network.
Re: Teen Steps Into Snakes Nest Searching For Network by Super1759: 12:14pm On Nov 15, 2012
thnk God not in naija. He won't live to tell the rest of the story. Everybody they vex for netwrok, even snakes weh flood scatter their houses

(1) (2) (Reply)

Resident Doctors Suspend Nationwide Strike / Foundation Takes Succour To Senior Citizens In Cyprus, To Offer Free Health Care / Where Can I Donate Blood And Kidney And Get Paid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.