Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Lagos Comic Conference - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Lagos Comic Conference (1244 Views)

International Pastors And Patnernes Conference(ippc)2013 Of Christ Embassy... / The Lagos Comic Convention / Comic Illustrator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Comic Conference by Mynd44: 6:44am On Nov 15, 2012
The first ever comic conference is Lagos is coming soon. This is calling all comic book lovers to attend.
Comicpanel Presents Lagos Comic-Con Seminar, Conference and Expo
Written by Alex Amos
The 2012 edition of the Lagos Comic-Con Seminar, Conference and Expo is scheduled tohold on the 17th of November starting at 8am. The event which is a collection of various smaller events that range from seminars to workshops to simple discussionswith known personalities will run until 8p.m in the evening at the Aquatic Hotels (Waterparks), Toyin Street, Ikeja, Lagos.
It is a gathering of creative talents in the entertainment industry, specifically the comic industry to discuss issues that are pertinent to the growth of that industry. It also serves as a platform where ideas as well as the latest technology and concepts in the industry can be exchanged amongst professionals.
As much as 2000 transit visitors and 450 registered seminar attendees are expected atthe event as well as students from various schools within the environment.
The conference is divided into 2 sessions, the Exhibition (Trade Fair) Segment and the Special Syndicated Sessions. The Trade Fair Session is free to attend while the Syndicated Sessions cost N1, 000 for a one hour session.There will be about 20 sessions holding at two different Halls simultaneously with different speakers including the director ‘LastFlight to Abuja’ Obi Emelonye and international comic artist and digital painter Mshindo Kumba (USA).
Obi Emelonye
Lagos Comic Con is Nigeria’s first popular culture convention that will happen once every year in the city of Lagos, Nigeria and it is organized by the Comicpanel EntertainmentCompany. The Objectives of the event is to give Nigerian comics and creative entertainment a voice internationally, to create a platform where comic publishers and readers can meet each other and interact, also to create an annual excitement for comics.
This year’s show hopes to bring the very bestof Nigerian comics, graphic novels, anime, manga, video games, toys, movies, and television to the public like never before. The program is focused on people between the ages of 13-40 years.
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by cdamsel(f): 9:17am On Nov 15, 2012
Comic ke?mynd u go go?
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by Mynd44: 9:20am On Nov 15, 2012
cdamsel: Comic ke?mynd u go go?
Yes
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by cdamsel(f): 9:57am On Nov 15, 2012
Mynd_44:
Yes
after u send me pix,not a comic fan dear
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by ijebabe: 9:58am On Nov 15, 2012
This us awesome! I hope the organisers don't mess this up. Good for Lagos.
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by Mynd44: 10:21am On Nov 15, 2012
ijebabe: This us awesome! I hope the organisers don't mess this up. Good for Lagos.
I am sure they can't match you though
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by Rocktation(f): 11:05am On Nov 15, 2012
Comic workshop...interesting. I could've sworn that talent comes naturally. It's prolly the technology part that's attracting Mynd, the scientist.
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by Mynd44: 11:09am On Nov 15, 2012
Rocktation: Comic workshop...interesting. I could've sworn that talent comes naturally. It's prolly the technology part that's attracting Mynd, the scientist.
I might not be a comic fan(I love being more imaginative) but I love cartoons. And this looks like an opportunity to see what Nigeria has to offer in that line.

Comics are most of the times adapted into cartoons. So perhaps I will be seeing a comic that is worth adoption into cartoons.

And don't worry, I will take loads of pictures and upload
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by Rocktation(f): 11:12am On Nov 15, 2012
Naija and our cartoons...okay. I'd keep my fingers crossed.
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by ijebabe: 11:14am On Nov 15, 2012
I didn't see Cosplay anywhere, I hope there will a show of sorts.
do you know the venue, is it ideal?
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by Mynd44: 11:14am On Nov 15, 2012
Rocktation: Naij and our cartoons...okay. I'd keep my fingers crossed.
Lets just see how this one goes.

And please I need more events around Lagos. I am bored and need to go out jorh
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by Rocktation(f): 11:17am On Nov 15, 2012
ijebabe: I didn't see Cosplay anywhere, I hope there will a show of sorts.

So much interest. Will you be attending?
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by Mynd44: 11:19am On Nov 15, 2012
ijebabe: I didn't see Cosplay anywhere, I hope there will a show of sorts.
I know the venue very well. It is at Aquatic hotels which is the old "water park" if you grew up in lagos you will remember it.

It is on Opebi road and a very nice place too
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by Mynd44: 11:20am On Nov 15, 2012
Rocktation:

Yeah will you?
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by Rocktation(f): 11:22am On Nov 15, 2012
I know waterpark. It's about the nicest place I knew as a kid. They had like a mini-zoo with old and rusty turtles and snakes back then.
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by ijebabe: 11:22am On Nov 15, 2012
Rocktation:

Unfortunately I can't. If they do well and stick to the same time period the coming years, then it'll be worth planning trips to Lagos around this time.
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by ijebabe: 11:24am On Nov 15, 2012
Mynd_44:
I know the venue very well. It is at Aquatic hotels which is the old "water park" if you grew up in lagos you will remember it.

I don't remember, my memory is terrible. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by Rocktation(f): 11:26am On Nov 15, 2012
cool I wish I could too, but...work!
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by Mynd44: 11:27am On Nov 15, 2012
Rocktation: I know waterpark. It's about the nicest place I knew as a kid. They had like a mini-zoo with old and rusty turtles and snakes back then.
You are right. That's the place
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by Mynd44: 11:28am On Nov 15, 2012
ijebabe:
I don't remember, my memory is terrible. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.
No problem ma'am
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by dont8(m): 2:58pm On Nov 15, 2012
Point of correction, Aquatic hotel is different from Water parks. Wish I can attend.
Mynd_44:

Re: Lagos Comic Conference by Mynd44: 3:18pm On Nov 15, 2012
dont8: Point of correction, Aquatic hotel is different from Water parks. Wish I can attend.
Explain to me how. It is the same place is it not?
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by dont8(m): 5:17pm On Nov 15, 2012
I know they're beside each other, but the way you termed it as OLD is misleading, is as if Water Parks has been pulled down or relocated, you get ba.
Mynd_44:
Explain to me how. It is the same place is it not?
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by Mynd44: 5:27pm On Nov 15, 2012
dont8: I know they're beside each other, but the way you termed it as OLD is misleading, is as if Water Parks has been pulled down or relocated, you get ba.
o
I get your point but by old there, I meant to remind them about where they went went they were kids. I did not mean that it does not exist anymore
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by dont8(m): 6:04pm On Nov 15, 2012
No shaking, now I understand your point, you know information shared on the net can sometimes be miscontrued.
Mynd_44:
o
I get your point but by old there, I meant to remind them about where they went went they were kids. I did not mean that it does not exist anymore
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by Mynd44: 6:09pm On Nov 15, 2012
dont8: No shaking, now I understand your point, you know information shared on the net can sometimes be miscontrued.
yeah thanks
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by dont8(m): 6:36pm On Nov 15, 2012
You're welcome, but Water Parks is at Toyin street and not Opebi Rd, for the sake of those going to the event, cheers.
Mynd_44:
yeah thanks
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by Mynd44: 6:51pm On Nov 15, 2012
dont8: You're welcome, but Water Parks is at Toyin street and not Opebi Rd, for the sake of those going to the event, cheers.
I always mix those ares together. Allen, Opebi and Toyin street.

Thanks
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by dont8(m): 8:00pm On Nov 15, 2012
You're right, those areas are synonymous with each other, especially to 'first timers'.
Mynd_44:
I always mix those ares together. Allen, Opebi and Toyin street.

Thanks
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by Mynd44: 8:11pm On Nov 15, 2012
dont8: You're right, those areas are synonymous with each other, especially to 'first timers'.
Okay fine. You win.
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by dont8(m): 8:55pm On Nov 15, 2012
wink cheesy
Mynd_44:
Okay fine. You win.
Re: Lagos Comic Conference by Mynd44: 6:32pm On Nov 17, 2012
I went and I had fun/ pictures in the next thread

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

We Offer Freshly Tapped Palmwine For Your Events / A Letter From Jerusalem And The International Happiness Day /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.