Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,895 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" (1422 Views)

The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets / To Athiests, What Are Your Reasons For Dumping Religious Faith To Athiesm / I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" by Goshen360(m): 6:56am On Nov 15, 2012
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me
- Galatians 2:20

What a powerful statement! I began to consider the subject of faith again in my Christian walk with God and found this scripture to be so inspiring. If I am crucified with Christ and yet, I live. I don't just live but I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me. My goodness! What in the world is this faith of the Son of God? How does it work? What is it all about? As I continued to press into the mirror of the word, I found out that the faith of the Son of God is the faith that supercedes the faith of all the faith examples in the Old Testament put together.

The OT faith examples are all listed in the book of Hebrews chapter 11 but I will try add colour to each by defining the kinds of faith listed in Hebrews 11, there are numerous kinds of faith listed therein.
Re: From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" by Goshen360(m): 6:57am On Nov 15, 2012
1. The Creative Faith

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. verse 3
Re: From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" by Goshen360(m): 7:01am On Nov 15, 2012
2. Abel: A type and example of Atoning and Sacrificial Faith

By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh. verse 4
Re: From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" by Goshen360(m): 7:02am On Nov 15, 2012
3. Enoch: A type and example of Translation Faith

By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. verse 5
Re: From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" by Goshen360(m): 7:05am On Nov 15, 2012
4. Noah: An Example of Active, saving and preservation Faith

By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith. verse 7
Re: From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" by Goshen360(m): 7:08am On Nov 15, 2012
5. Abraham: An example of Obedient or Obeying Faith

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should later receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing where he went. verse 8
Re: From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" by Goshen360(m): 7:12am On Nov 15, 2012
6. Sarah: Life-giving Faith

Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised. verse 11
Re: From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" by Goshen360(m): 7:15am On Nov 15, 2012
7. Abraham: Tried or tested Faith

By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son. verse 17
Re: From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" by Goshen360(m): 7:17am On Nov 15, 2012
8. Isaac: An example of Revelation Faith

By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come. verse 20
Re: From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" by Goshen360(m): 7:20am On Nov 15, 2012
9. Jacob: The Prophetic Faith

By faith Jacob, when he was dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshiped, leaning upon the top of his staff. verse 21
Re: From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" by Goshen360(m): 7:21am On Nov 15, 2012
10. Joseph: Authoritative Faith

By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones. verse 22
Re: From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" by Goshen360(m): 7:23am On Nov 15, 2012
11. Amram and Jochebed: The fearless Faith

By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months by his parents, because they saw he was a beautiful child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment. verse 23
Re: From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" by Goshen360(m): 7:30am On Nov 15, 2012
12. Moses: Sacrificing, Suffering and Enduring Faith

By faith Moses, when he was grown up, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a time; Esteeming the reproach of the Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he looked for the recompense of the reward. By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible. verse 24-28
Re: From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" by Goshen360(m): 7:34am On Nov 15, 2012
13. Moses and Israel: Protecting Faith

Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them. verse 28
Re: From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" by Goshen360(m): 7:36am On Nov 15, 2012
14. Joshua and Israel: Bold and conquering Faith

By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were encircled seven days. verse 30
Re: From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" by Goshen360(m): 7:38am On Nov 15, 2012
15. Rahab: Deliverance Faith

By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace. verse 31
Re: From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" by Goshen360(m): 8:27am On Nov 15, 2012
With all of these dimensions, dynamics and exploits of faith by the Old Testament faith examples, the bibles says, "all these people died having faith but they didn't receive the things that God had promised them, but they saw these things coming in the distant future and rejoiced. They acknowledged that they were living as strangers with no permanent home on earth". verse 13-16, 39.

What kind of statement is this? After telling us what all these people achieved with faith, we are still told they did not receive the things promised but only saw it from a distant future and rejoiced. What then are things promised and since all these people with their kind of faith did not receive the things promised, with what kind of can we receive the things promised?

What is promised is a better country - a heavenly one. All the examples of faith ONLY had faith in the shadows and type but the faith of the Son of God is centered in the "substance". This is the reason faith is defined as the "substance of things hoped for...." Hebrews 11:1. The historic promised land or country is a shadow but the heavenly country is the better things prepared for us.

New International Version (©1984)
God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect. verse 40

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Instead, these men were longing for a better country-a heavenly country. That is why God is not ashamed to be called their God. He has prepared a city for them. verse 16

With what kind of faith can believers obtain this better promise? It is the faith of the son of God, the faith that supercedes the OT examples of faith. According to the writer of Hebrews, it is the faith that is authored and finished or perfected in Christ Jesus.

Looking unto Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

In conclusion, the writer of Hebrews is transiting the NT believers from the OT examples of faith to the faith of the Son of God, authored and finished/perfected in/with Christ. What then is the faith of the Son of God? It is the faith beyond all these OT examples of faith because they did not receive the promise with their kind of faith though they were commended for such faith. It is the faith beyond the Laws of Moses. It is the faith beyond the shadows and types unto faith in reality and substance in which Christ fulfilled. It is the faith that rest in Christ and the finished work at calvary. It is the faith that Christ is the one who died for me/us not any of the OT faith examples nor the prophets. It is the faith that is authored and finished in and by Christ. It is the faith that is better than all the faith examples and heroes of faith. Such faith is ONLY obtained, authored, finished and perfected in Christ Jesus!
Re: From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 15, 2012
lol, saw 17 posts under such a short time, i think say all of una don start una gbege again.... u just dey here dey chat with ur topic... grin

Hope ur cool...
smiley
Re: From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" by Goshen360(m): 8:45am On Nov 15, 2012
musKeeto: .... u just dey here dey chat with ur topic... grin

Hope ur cool...
smiley

Chatting with my own topic keh?.....No, since I have learnt that people are not much interested in long articles. I decided to break my long write-up into smaller piece so readers can benefit.....lolz. Anyway, am cool bro. Thanks brother. Na now me wan go sleep o.....lolz
Re: From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" by taigee: 12:54am On Dec 06, 2012
Highly theoretical write up. You never really got to explain what this faith of the Son of God is and how we could live by it. Throw more light pls.
Re: From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" by Goshen360(m): 7:23am On Dec 06, 2012
taigee: Highly theoretical write up. You never really got to explain what this faith of the Son of God is and how we could live by it. Throw more light pls.

Herein is your answer

Goshen360: With all of these dimensions, dynamics and exploits of faith by the Old Testament faith examples, the bibles says, "all these people died having faith but they didn't receive the things that God had promised them, but they saw these things coming in the distant future and rejoiced. They acknowledged that they were living as strangers with no permanent home on earth". verse 13-16, 39.

What kind of statement is this? After telling us what all these people achieved with faith, we are still told they did not receive the things promised but only saw it from a distant future and rejoiced. What then are things promised and since all these people with their kind of faith did not receive the things promised, with what kind of can we receive the things promised?

What is promised is a better country - a heavenly one. All the examples of faith ONLY had faith in the shadows and type but the faith of the Son of God is centered in the "substance". This is the reason faith is defined as the "substance of things hoped for...." Hebrews 11:1. The historic promised land or country is a shadow but the heavenly country is the better things prepared for us.

New International Version (©1984)
God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect. verse 40

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Instead, these men were longing for a better country-a heavenly country. That is why God is not ashamed to be called their God. He has prepared a city for them. verse 16

With what kind of faith can believers obtain this better promise? It is the faith of the son of God, the faith that supercedes the OT examples of faith. According to the writer of Hebrews, it is the faith that is authored and finished or perfected in Christ Jesus.

Looking unto Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

In conclusion, the writer of Hebrews is transiting the NT believers from the OT examples of faith to the faith of the Son of God, authored and finished/perfected in/with Christ. What then is the faith of the Son of God? It is the faith beyond all these OT examples of faith because they did not receive the promise with their kind of faith though they were commended for such faith. It is the faith beyond the Laws of Moses. It is the faith beyond the shadows and types unto faith in reality and substance in which Christ fulfilled. It is the faith that rest in Christ and the finished work at calvary. It is the faith that Christ is the one who died for me/us not any of the OT faith examples nor the prophets. It is the faith that is authored and finished in and by Christ. It is the faith that is better than all the faith examples and heroes of faith. Such faith is ONLY obtained, authored, finished and perfected in Christ Jesus!
Re: From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" by taigee: 10:26pm On Dec 11, 2012
@Goshen360
In other words the faith you are talking of is the Faith that brings salvation, the very essence of Christ's death and resurrection. The end product which is eternal life. Agreed.
But the faith models in the OT are patterns which to follow even in this NT faith. Look at it clearly, Abraham; an example of OT faith was said to be looking for a country whose builder and maker was God ... Heb 11:10.
Today we have hope in a heavenly kingdom, whose builder and maker is God by our faith in Christ....
What is the difference?
If they did not obtain this promise? What was the promise? Have they now obtained it? have we in the NT obtained this promise?
Am loving this discuss. You do have some great insight in the scriptures though I don't agree with you on all issues.
Kindly throw more light sir.
Re: From "Dynamics, Dimensions And Exploits Of Faith" To "Faith Of The Son Of God" by Goshen360(m): 8:21pm On Dec 12, 2012
^^^ Welcome bro.

The faith of the Son of God - The OT faith wasn't born again. They never were able to use the name of Jesus saying "in the name of Jesus". They were never filled with the Holy Spirit. Theirs was based on shadows, ours on substance. What was the promise? It is Christ! "In your seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed". They never accepted Christ as their Lord and Saviour. They never became the body of Christ and the church and many more promises etc.

But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel.- Acts 2:16

This is that Moses, who said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall you hear. - Acts 7:37

(1) (Reply)

Hypocrisy In The Bible / Is Israel Really The "Land Of Milk And Honey" as the bible says ? / Prayer To All Igbo's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.