Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Farming for business : Ideas - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Farming for business : Ideas (20706 Views)

Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account / 25 Small Scale Business Ideas In Nigeria / Farming For Export (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farming for business : Ideas by iniobong888(m): 8:37pm On Aug 24, 2013
we have beans in bags at a very cheap price , we also have BEANS ON POINT on cheap price please call in for your order

thanks

07034706326 [img][/img]

Re: Farming for business : Ideas by iniobong888(m): 7:09pm On Aug 29, 2013
How to make Money from Packaging beans
There are about 10 different varieties of beans that is grown in Nigeria, but popular ones are the big white seed called iron beans , the small white seed, the brown improved variety seed called Honey Beans, drum beans or Olotu in Yoruba
There are four ways I personal know that you can make money from bean
1. One can sell in bag
2. One can repackage into 1.2kg, 2.4 kg and 10kg which makes more money than
selling in bags
3. Convert it into flour and sell (the flour could be used for moimoi, beans cake
beans meal and soup ) there is a Nigerian company in London that sell
packaged moimoi in tin like tin sardine
4. one can export beans
Market Prices of beans in Five states
State Price per 100kg bag
Lagos N28,000
Delta N29,000
Rivers N29,000
F.C.T. N26,500
Anambra N27,000
We supply beans in bags for N21,000 per bag but the prices will drop if you are buying up to 1 ton(tens bags ) or more.
State Price per 100kg bag Profit per 100kg Bag
Lagos N28,000 N7,000
Delta N29,000 N8,000
Rivers N29,000 N8,000
F.C.T. N26,500 N5,500
Anambra N27,000 N6,000

Looking at the table you above you will agree with me that there is much save when you buy from us. we also can brand the beans for you in 1.2kg and 2.4kg bags at a very affordable price. The 1.2kg(1.2kg contains 9 cups, 4 derca) goes for N280 and 2.4kg goes for N560.
Re: Farming for business : Ideas by Praise5: 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2013
I want to know the beans specie and also if the packaged ones in 1.2kg and 2.4kg are beans on point or a different package on request. Again does the price include transport fares to destination?
Re: Farming for business : Ideas by Praise5: 1:32pm On Aug 30, 2013
Won't the packaged ones be attacked by insects with time? how long can it last and remain fresh? really no dirts and chaff?
Re: Farming for business : Ideas by bibiji(f): 5:54pm On Aug 30, 2013
God bless u 4d good work u're doing@Ini. Can u pls send me d F.S on maize storage, plantain and potatoes flour processing? My email is bibiji234@gmail.com tnx!
Re: Farming for business : Ideas by iniobong888(m): 7:08pm On Aug 30, 2013
Praise5: Won't the packaged ones be attacked by insects with time? how long can it last and remain fresh? really no dirts and chaff?

Praise, When we are packaging we make sure that the stock is not contaminated or attack by weevil, Once the beans is air tight it can remain up to 6-8months without getting bad provide it is stored well.

Praise5: I want to know the beans specie and also if the packaged ones in 1.2kg and 2.4kg are beans on point or a different package on request. Again does the price include transport fares to destination?
we have iron beans, honey or Olotu , if you need a particular specie we can also get it for you . the 1.2kg and 2.4kg is beans on point. we take care of the transportation.

bibiji: God bless u 4d good work u're doing@Ini. Can u pls send me d F.S on maize storage, plantain and potatoes flour processing? My email is bibiji234@gmail.com tnx!

hi bibiji
i sorry feasibility study is not free, i charge to write a feasibility study, so you can contact me on 07034706326
Re: Farming for business : Ideas by bibiji(f): 1:23am On Aug 31, 2013
Its ok @Ini but any helpful materials u hav pls send them to me, will contact u soon. Many tnx!
Re: Farming for business : Ideas by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 31, 2013
for different form of livestock farming check my signature
Re: Farming for business : Ideas by Blaze124: 9:38am On Sep 01, 2013
iniobong888: i am very sorry, i have send in a mail to your box, you can do palm oil business as a student, the idea is that palm oil sell higher in the Northern part of the country than in the south, so you have to source palm oil from a cheaper place in the south or east and then sell high in the North. you can also export palm oil, thirdly you can sell it out to be refined and turn into something i wouldnt mention here For plantain you can turn it into flour or chips, if you turn it into flour i will give you buyers who will be interested or you can pack it yourself and fortified it according to NAFDAC regulation and you will be ready for the market.
As for palm oil i can source that but the problem is i dont know how to sell it in north cus havnt being or know anybody there. But where can i source plantain at a very cheaper price here in the east?
Re: Farming for business : Ideas by iniobong888(m): 10:25am On Sep 02, 2013
Blaze124: As for palm oil i can source that but the problem is i dont know how to sell it in north cus havnt being or know anybody there. But where can i source plantain at a very cheaper price here in the east?
. Hi blaze, if your price for palm oil is very competitive give me a call and I will arrange buyers for you in the North. For plantain you can get it cheap in Cross River that is in Uganga or Akpet market, in Akwa ibom state Obo Annang, Eka afiong or Akeyong Ikpe market
Re: Farming for business : Ideas by iniobong888(m): 2:26pm On Oct 30, 2013
OPPORTUNITY IN THE RICE VALUE CHAIN INDUSTRY

Nigerian consumes 5.4 million MT of rice annually worth N600 billion, of which 3.6 million MTs are imported. Nigeria is the largest net importer of rice in Africa and the second largest importer in the world. Nigeria's arable land and agro-climatic conditions provide a robust natural resource base for rice production, which could well exceed local demand. Consumer preference for higher quality product and limited domestic processing capacity creates demand for imports.
Nigeria must become self sufficient in rice in a manner that grows the agricultural sector and creates jobs. Government plans to ban rice import as from 2015, at which time the nation would have attained self sufficiency in rice production.
There are several opportunities in the rice value chain industry which could be utilized and it is interesting to find out that there are few players in some of the sub sectors; the market is large enough for a lot of players to play in.

I would explore some of the opportunities that abound in the Rice value chain sector.

Mechanized Farming:
There opportunities to farm rice is enormous, presently there is a serious shortage of rice paddy for the rice mills in the country, To farm the right qualities of rice in a mechanized system will improve this situation. Mechanized farming is even cheaper that manual farming.

MILLING OF RICE
When the rice paddy leaves the farm, it gets to the mill. Rice passes through some processes before it is bagged. It must be parboiled, milled and destoned and sorted into short and long grains. Polished if you like, fortified and ready for bagging.
At this stage you can make serious money even when you don’t own a mill.

PROCESSING RICE INTO OTHER VALUES
:

Rice can be processed into flour which can be used in baking, it can also be used as swallow (eaten with soup) something like semovita. Rice can be converted into children food, Rice Krispies.
Rice can be processing into wine.

The opportunities are numerous in the rice value chain and it open to investors provided your understand what value you are bringing to the table .
Re: Farming for business : Ideas by Sunglow: 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2013
Mr Iniobong your attention is seriously needed.you seem to be an honest person pls you will need to prove that and fast too cos ur reputation is at stake.
Re: Farming for business : Ideas by Sunglow: 9:25pm On Nov 03, 2013
I don't understand why your numbers are switched off?
Re: Farming for business : Ideas by kenKenny: 10:43pm On Nov 03, 2013
Iniobong888

God bless you,

Please I need feasibility report on Plantain flour, Corn flour, Cassava flour, Yam flour, Sweet Potatoe flour, wheat flour, Beans flour, Semolina flour, and any other flour that man can eat.

I will be expecting your mail this weekend.

Thank you greatly

Best Regards,
Kenneth
Please email me @
chigoziekenneth99@yahoo.com
Re: Farming for business : Ideas by iniobong888(m): 10:11am On Nov 04, 2013
Sunglow: I don't understand why your numbers are switched off?
Sunglow: Mr Iniobong your attention is seriously needed.you seem to be an honest person pls you will need to prove that and fast too cos ur reputation is at stake.
I have been in a local village getting ginger for a client and network is a serious issue here. That my phone is off is not intentionally but because of network issue.would that be the reason my reputation is at stake .
Re: Farming for business : Ideas by justyinka(m): 3:46pm On Nov 04, 2013
we are NextMove Global Logistics,a clearing and forwarding company, we can forward all type of your commodity/product to any country at a very low charge be it the below listed commodities

processed wood

Cassava

Charcoal

Cashew nut

Chilly pepper (Dried)

Cocoa beans

Coffee

Finished Leather

Ginger

Groundnut

Gum Arabic

Horns (Cow)

Hibiscus Flower

Kola nuts

Rubber

Sesame Seed

Shea nuts/Shea butter

Soya beans

Hides and Skins

Wheat Pellets

contact us at
NextMove Global Logistics
No 35, Railway Shopping Complex,Burma road Apapa Lagos
justyinka23@gmail.com
Re: Farming for business : Ideas by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 05, 2013
Earn A Huge Profit Operating A Vegetable (Soya Bean) Oil Mill

The present production level of Vegetable Oil in Nigeria cannot meet the demand of Nigerians. There is ban placed on Importation of Vegetable Oil into the country in order to encourage local investors to go into the production of Vegetable Oil. This has made the business to be very lucrative.

The market for vegetable oil is national. With a population of over 140 million people and an estimated national population growth rate of 5.7% per annum ,an average economic growth rate of 3.5% per annum in the past five {5} years, Nigeria has a large market for vegetable oil. The cake gotten as a by-product from producing vegetable oil from soya-bean is used in formulating livestock feeds especially for cattle, sheep and poultry...............

........The processing plant referenced in this article has an installed capacity of processing 1,440 metric tonnes of seeds per annum. Minimum profit margin of N20, 000 can be made on a processed tonne of seed . This translates to annual profit of N28,800,000. This is another viable project than can be successfully established in Nigeria.
Visit the site below to view the complete article. Click on the link below
http://next9jabillionaires./2013/11/05/how-to-start-a-medium-scale-vegetable-soya-bean-oil-mill/
Re: Farming for business : Ideas by herbscure02(m): 8:57am On Nov 06, 2013
iniobong888: we have beans in bags at a very cheap price , we also have BEANS ON POINT on cheap price please call in for your order

thanks

07034706326 [img][/img]
Pls I need smail sealing machine and the price to my mail

2. I need feasibility study on maize storage and method, storage equipment and any materials to my mail

herbscure02@gmail.com
Re: Farming for business : Ideas by iniobong888(m): 5:01am On Nov 07, 2013
herbscure02:
Pls I need smail sealing machine and the price to my mail

2. I need feasibility study on maize storage and method, storage equipment and any materials to my mail

herbscure02@gmail.com

Thanks for your request, Please I need to make it clear that conduting and writing a feasibility study is not free. Thank you.
Re: Farming for business : Ideas by herbscure02(m): 5:16am On Nov 07, 2013
iniobong888:

Thanks for your request, Please I need to make it clear that conduting and writing a feasibility study is not free. Thank you.
That your beans brand in 1.2k is it Honey beans inside and also the 100k bag of the beans that you are selling for 21k which one among the beans and is it include transportation fare

Also the bag of beans in my area is #12,700 for drum and #13,000 for honey, how your own price is more than our own here in ibadan pls I need clarification
Re: Farming for business : Ideas by iniobong888(m): 12:19pm On Dec 19, 2013
FLOUR MIXER
If you are into food processing like processing of flour you will always need a mixer to mix the required vitamins into the flour as required by NAFDAC. Processing of yam flour, corn flour, cassava flour, wheat flour, rice flour and potatoes flour or flakes a mixer is needed. if you have a baker then you will seriously need a mixer. The mixer comes in different capacity and different speed.

Re: Farming for business : Ideas by iniobong888(m): 12:33pm On Dec 19, 2013
DEEP FRYER
There are certain frying that a deep fryer is used.Deep frying is classified as a dry cooking method because no water is used. Due to the high temperature involved and the high heat conduction of oil, it cooks food extremely quickly.

Re: Farming for business : Ideas by iniobong888(m): 1:00pm On Dec 19, 2013
Vacuum Nylon sealer [size=8pt][/size]

Vacuum packing is a relatively new process which have revolutionize how we store food in much the same way the refrigerator revolutionized how we stored food 80 years. Vacuum packing is the process of removing air from the inside of a package or container, and then sealing that package or container to prevent air from re-entering.
What are the Benefits of Vacuum Packing?

Eliminate Oxidation
Avoid Insect Infestation
Protect Delicate Flavors and Oil
Prevent Freezer Burn
Preserve Natural Moisture
Stop Moisture Contamination
Foods that can be vacuum packed
Fresh & Marinated Meat
Dry meat: suya, kilshi, kilsi
Sausage
Cheese
Grain
Grab-and-Go Snacks (beef jerky, snack sticks)

With ordinary wrapping and refrigeration, fish will keep well for about 2 days. With ordinary wrapping and freezing, fish will freeze well for about 2 months. Vacuum-packed, fish will freeze well for 2 years, and refrigerate well for 4 to 6 days!

1 Like

Re: Farming for business : Ideas by iniobong888(m): 1:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
OIL PRESS MACHINE

is a mechanical method for extracting oil from raw materials. The raw materials are squeezed under high pressure in a single step. When used for the extraction of food oils, typical raw materials are nuts, seeds and algae, which are supplied to the press in a continuous feed. As the raw material is pressed, friction causes it to heat up; in the case of harder nuts (which require higher pressures) the material can exceed temperatures of 120 °F (49 °C).

Re: Farming for business : Ideas by iniobong888(m): 1:33pm On Dec 19, 2013
PEANUT SHELLER

Re: Farming for business : Ideas by iniobong888(m): 7:06am On Jul 03, 2014
USING INNOVATIVE THINKING TO GENERATE MORE SALE (AGRIC VALUE CHAIN )

Walk down your crescent or street and check how many shops are selling the same things, most times the distance between them is just the wall that separate their building. It a well know fact that once Mr A starts some business of sort and he seems successful Mr B to Mrs Z copies immediately without thinking about the lost opportunities in that business.
Critically speaking most people don’t think about how to be innovative in their business, they just copied and have what I may term as MASS Mentality as Mr A has done so it will be done that way and sometimes the pattern goes on for decades so it becomes a belief. People are lost on how to be innovative and channel a different pattern, their MASS MENTALITY robs them off of building a brand(if they understand what importance that will do to their business) and the growth opportunities that are inherent if they can be innovative in their thinking. Business don’t need to be big to be creative and innovative in their business. From the woman on the road side to the smallest shop being innovative would stand you out of the rest.
I liked variety, I am sure I am not the only in this category. Take an example of the plantain chip that we eat as snack most times provided by the opportunity of traffic jam. From my early years to now plantain chips have not changed, reason MASS MENTALITY. I will love to see my chips come in different flavor and taste. I’m waiting to see my plantain chip coated with groundnut butter on it, I waiting to see my chips have sprinkle of coconut flakes on it. You don’t need to go far , the innovation could be in design change of taste , or in production addition even packaging .
Do have a product and you want to add innovation to it , then you talk with us
Re: Farming for business : Ideas by iniobong888(m): 5:21pm On Jul 12, 2014
HOW TO PRODUCE STANDARD AND QUALITY POULTRY FEED WITHOUT OWNING A FACTORY

There is a high rate of consumption of eggs and chicken and that is a sector that can be exploited. Poultry farmers can’t do without feeding their chicken timely, because it is an asset that lay the golden egg. The market for poultry feed is large and waiting.
An entrepreneur can venture into feed production even when you don’t have a factory of your own. As a matter of fact this should a testing ground for your business. So how do you get started?
First Stage : KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge is very important in this business, without it, your is continuity in the business is threaten. First of all you must have a proven feed formula that has been tested and it is sure that it can answer to the farmers need. If you don’t have you can buy, yes I say buy from the millers, feed production company, consulting companies. The will sell to you, you just need to know how to negotiate and get what you want.
Second step: MARKETING: you need to find poultry famers who are ready to buy your feed. It is vital that you find buyers (poultry farmers) first before you go in to production. Failure to do so would amount to tying down your capital.
Third Stage: MILLING: with your proven formula, get the basic raw materials that are needed and proceed to the millers, you can struck an understanding with them and they will always mill for you anything you show up. The milling will be done according to your formula. Your need to be very observant at this stage and be present when milling is done to make sure that your formula is strictly adhere to .
Fourth stage: BRANDING: there are companies that will brand your sack for you, because this help you build a brand early, even without have your own factory, so if you poultry feeds is quite good and demand is rising there is need to protect your brand .

There is always days of little beginning, if your proven formula is actually genuine and it is resulting in increase in demand of your feed then you will be getting your machines in place. it is a business that you can start with outsourcing production and then you build your structure . You can even start with the buyers funds.
Re: Farming for business : Ideas by amarawa: 12:50am On Nov 20, 2014
What has happened to this wonderful thread since July. pls keep it updated,OP
Re: Farming for business : Ideas by Opiosko: 3:26am On Nov 28, 2014
Blaze124:
As for palm oil i can source that but the problem is i dont know how to sell it in north cus havnt being or know anybody there. But where can i source plantain at a very cheaper price here in the east?
For plantain, Delta nd Edo state...
Re: Farming for business : Ideas by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:28pm On Jan 03, 2015
@op
This good ideas must not be allowed to lie fallow in the business section.
Make it active.

Check my articles on the agric section to see more on how to start agribusiness..

Do agric..Make money and wealth.
Re: Farming for business : Ideas by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:42pm On Jan 06, 2015
This is the business to do now...agricbusiness all the way.
Check my articles on the agric section to see how you can make good money and change your level
and i am sure you will be glad you did

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Produce Dettol / Naira Weakens To 917 Per Dollar - Bloomberg / Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.