Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. (10201 Views)

V10: LG Launches A Smartphone With Two Screens And Two Selfie Cameras / Smartphones With 13-megapixel Camera Discussion Thread / List Of Nokia Lumia Smartphones With Prices And Specifications In Nigeria (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by caukerzee(m): 3:47pm On Nov 15, 2012
Samsung set to release smartphones with bendable display screens next year. This is ment to reduce the occurences of screen breaking or cracks.
Hmm...what should we expect from apple then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJEHp15Hoo0

TORONTO – Smartphone and tablet-computer maker Samsung is planning to start mass production of screens made of plastic rather than glass, according to The Wall Street Journal.

This would make the South Korean company’s devices unbreakable, lighter and bendable.

The Journal reports that these so-called flexible displays are expected to be released in the first half of next year, though it’s unclear when the technology would be available commercially.

"The key reason for Samsung to use plastic rather than conventional glass is to produce displays that aren't breakable. The technology could also help lower manufacturing costs and help differentiate its products from other rivals," Shinyoung Securities analyst Lee Seung-chul told the Journal.

A video posted after Samsung’s bendable screen was showcased at 2011’s Consumer Electronics Association (CES) Las Vegas conference, as reported by mobile technology news site IntoMobile, shows off how the new display works.

http://www.globalmontreal.com/samsung+bendable+screens+next+year+report/6442753643/story.html

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by masterpiecer(m): 3:56pm On Nov 15, 2012
Source??
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by caukerzee(m): 4:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
masterpiecer: Source??
check the op.
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by Redmosquito(m): 9:36pm On Nov 15, 2012
I am thinking of twistable screens. Nairaland is my witness ooo! Una dey here when I conceived the idea of twistable screens ooo! If any rubbish company wan release am, they must pay me for the idea, or else I will sue and Nairalanders will be my witnesses cool
Besides, why different pics of the same thing, getting me suspicious. The first one has frame, the last two are frameless
wtf! Just learnt that the screen is twistable too angry

2 Likes

Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by bolahayoyahoo: 9:40pm On Nov 15, 2012
Remind me the time?
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by dangerzone: 9:42pm On Nov 15, 2012
samsung ti ya were mehn

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by Super1759: 9:43pm On Nov 15, 2012
am just wondering what will be happening in the electronic and phone world in the next 10yrs, with the rate of developments going on

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by ebamma(m): 9:44pm On Nov 15, 2012
Oh Lord forgive me for i have sinned,i used my mb to click on this silly topic, Oh lord i promise never to do it again in the name of jesus christ your son amen

2 Likes

Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
Hmm, waiting to see, maybe it'll be made of rubber.
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 15, 2012
I will appreciate it more on TV
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by Elgaxton(m): 9:49pm On Nov 15, 2012
Super1759: am just wondering what will be happening in the electronic and phone world in the next 10yrs, with the rate of developments going on
10 years is too far, in 5 years time the world is gonna be so crazy

2 Likes

Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 15, 2012
Well good
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by charlsecy4(m): 9:54pm On Nov 15, 2012
[size=14]I hope Apple won't sue them forrrrrrr, ehmmmmmmm?[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by mrkels(m): 9:57pm On Nov 15, 2012
Hmmm I pity you all that buy them one by one sa they come out...mtcheeew

Btw: 13th to comment, whew!!! I ll get there
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 15, 2012
Signs that the world is going to an end. Lol

Apple to also release water proofed smartphones before december 25. Trash!!!

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by 9jaboyzm(m): 9:58pm On Nov 15, 2012
na wa o
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 15, 2012
Super1759: am just wondering what will be happening in the electronic and phone world in the next 10yrs, with the rate of developments going on
same question I asked a friend this afternoon. Soon there will be diminishing returns on development.

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 15, 2012
Aye nlo, a nto.
We're helplessly following the crazy and speedy trend of global development!
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by olempe(m): 10:14pm On Nov 15, 2012
These people sha, wetin dem no go do...
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by Lusaint(m): 10:19pm On Nov 15, 2012
Dis kind one go gud o bt it luks imposible
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by Youngzedd(m): 10:20pm On Nov 15, 2012

U think the same.
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by hamsky: 10:22pm On Nov 15, 2012
This is definitely a HOAX.
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 15, 2012
blink182: same question I asked a friend this afternoon. Soon there will be diminishing returns on development.
actually i still feel current tech is so limited in myriad ways than one. i need a 100 terrabyte smartphone like mad! angry
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by gbogboti: 10:24pm On Nov 15, 2012
Always a samsung fan...anyday, anytime.
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by SisiKill1: 10:26pm On Nov 15, 2012

Phone? What phone? In ten years, Electronic Telepathy would have been perfected.

You wanna talk to someone? Just think about them and viola. . .you can start communicating.

Wanna share the latest funny video you came across on SenseTube? Watch it, store it in your memory and telepathically beam it to your friends and family.

Them mass "Do not cross da rd 4rom the left side right but from the right side left 2day, send dis 2 20 pple or you will die" messages nko? All you gotta do is just go thru you mental contact list while reading the messages and bam. . .they will be reading it too. The best part about this is you will be able to track the originator of this messages and can slap them senseless (Trust me, you won't lack supporters)

In ten years, it won't be the capacity of your phone that'll matter. . .it would be the capacity of your brain.

You heard it here first. cool

5 Likes

Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by makaveli1(m): 10:30pm On Nov 15, 2012
Tech is going Haywire... I have a dream dat one day people will place their genitals on the screen of a smart device and do the do do though they are apart; the sensation and the feeling will be effectively communicated just lyk its natural... Dont call me a perv o! Its just ma dream ;d ;d :d
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by msiBee: 10:31pm On Nov 15, 2012
one word,'joke!!!'
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by GeneralGaricks: 10:36pm On Nov 15, 2012
Billyonaire: I will appreciate it more on TV

Foldable rubber TV. Rat inside house go chop am.

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by Isaactop9(m): 10:37pm On Nov 15, 2012
samsung too fast, wetin dey pain pass na to still see some 9ja ppl dey use 3310*my heart bleed*
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 15, 2012
lol
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by KINGwax(m): 10:40pm On Nov 15, 2012
Billyonaire: I will appreciate it more on TV
you want to start stealing plasma tvs in pockets and ruck sacks abi? Jes bend in four places and zip!
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by makaveli1(m): 10:40pm On Nov 15, 2012
hamsky: This is definitely a HOAX.
Hehe its not jorrr! If they told ur great grand pa dat der would be something dat could hold or convey up to 500 ppl via the air he would ve called it a HOAX... This is 2012 and Tech is growing in a geometrical way! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get Airtel 4gb For N1500 / Glo Sim Activation / Opsson IVO 8800 Genesis With 1GB R.A.M – Full Specifications & Price In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.