Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Just When Wedding Is Mistaken For Marriage! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Just When Wedding Is Mistaken For Marriage! (1098 Views)

When Wedding Photographer Said "KISS" 4yrold Flower Girl Did THIS / My Wedding Is In A Week And I Have Pimples All Over My Face. Help! / Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just When Wedding Is Mistaken For Marriage! by tomakint: 11:59pm On Nov 15, 2012
Wedding and Marriage obviously are two different things that have been confused with one other. It has gone so bad in our contemporary times that it is common to see couples having sleepless nights planning for "Wedding" forgetting that it will only last for few hours while "Marriage" will last a lifetime or many years! This open neglect on "Marriage" is one of the main reasons their are premature break-ups we see these days. Marriage must be given a deeper consideration over Wedding!

3 Likes

Re: Just When Wedding Is Mistaken For Marriage! by Iaz93: 12:04am On Nov 16, 2012
Okay Sir
Re: Just When Wedding Is Mistaken For Marriage! by Nobody: 1:17am On Nov 16, 2012
Well Said! smiley
Re: Just When Wedding Is Mistaken For Marriage! by greatgod2012(f): 1:43am On Nov 16, 2012
U are right, i think immaturity is one of d main reasons 4 dis, dt is why its vey important 4 one to be matured enough b4 going into marriage, so dt he/she will understand and differntiate btw d 2 terms.

1 Like

Re: Just When Wedding Is Mistaken For Marriage! by tomakint: 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2012
The sacredness of Marriage has been replaced with subtility these days, you can imagine the rate of divorce even now in Nigeria among young couples, it is that wierd!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just When Wedding Is Mistaken For Marriage! by 2goodbobo(m): 10:49pm On Nov 16, 2012
Those who have ears should listen to the voice of wisdom. This should be the watch word of potential couples. Marriage is not a child's play but rather a life time contract that requires: unconditional love, patient, understanding, commitment, selflessness and faithfulness etc.

It is sad how couples rush into marriage all in the name of joining the bandwagon of married people. Their is no gain saying one of the reasons why we have an alarming rate of divorce cases in Nigeria is nothing other than rushing into marriage without really knowing the person you want to settle down with.

2 Likes

Re: Just When Wedding Is Mistaken For Marriage! by tpia1: 2:48am On Nov 17, 2012
yes, wedding is different from marriage.
Re: Just When Wedding Is Mistaken For Marriage! by tomakint: 11:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
2goodbobo:
Those who have ears should listen to the voice of wisdom. This should be the watch word of potential couples. Marriage is not a child's play but rather a life time contract that requires: unconditional love, patient, understanding, commitment, selflessness and faithfulness etc.

It is sad how couples rush into marriage all in the name of joining the bandwagon of married people. Their is no gain saying one of the reasons why we have an alarming rate of divorce cases in Nigeria is nothing other than rushing into marriage without really knowing the person you want to settle down with.
The rate at which wedding is crashing now is indeed alarming. Too many insincerities on the path of couples during Courtship

1 Like

Re: Just When Wedding Is Mistaken For Marriage! by mrwonlasewonie: 4:51am On Jul 02, 2016
QED !

(1) (Reply)

My Neighbour's New Born Baby Looks Like Me / I Hate My Boss / 8-year-old Who Has The Biggest Hands And Fingers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.