Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi (4468 Views)

Fashola Settles EEDC And Geometric Power Dispute Over Supply To Aba / Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa / Fashola Commissions Peninsula Integrated Power Project. . PICS... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by PHIPEX(m): 8:58am On Nov 16, 2012
Geometric Power Limited (GPL), promoters of the independent power project in Osisioma, Aba, the commercial hub of Abia State, says it would extend its facility to Onitsha and Nnewi, all in Anambra State.

Barth Nnaji, chairman/CEO, GPL, who revealed this, while taking Governor Theodore Orji of Abia State and Peter Obi of Anambra, round the Osisioma, power plant at the weekend, affirmed that the Aba power plant, would be commissioned in February 2013.

Governor Orji, who was impressed with the progress of work at the project site, thanked the management of Geometric Power Limited for the viable power project, which he noted, would bring to an end the epileptic power supply in Aba and its environs.

Orji explained that his administration assisted the company to realise the project, noting that he would mobilise a construction company to complete rehabilitation work on the road leading to the power plant before the end of the first quarter of 2013.

Orji expressed happiness that the project would be extended to Onitsha and Nnewi, stressing that the concern of his administration is to make the environment conducive for investment.

Similarly, Governor Peter Obi expressed gratitude to Geometrics for extending the power project to the Southeast. Responding, Nnaji said the project would be commissioned by February, 2013 and promised to extend power to industrial towns of Onitsha and Nnewi, all in Anambra State.

Nnaji explained that the four sub-stations at Umuode, Owerrinta, Factory road and Ogbor Hill, are almost completed, while laying of gas pipeline from Owaza to the power plant at Osisioma is ongoing.

“The pipeline project is ongoing and everything being equal, Aba would begin to enjoy steady power supply by February 2013. We would start with 140 megawatts of power and increase it to 187 megawatts in 2013,” he said.

http://businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/power/47545-geometric-to-extend-power-project-to-onitsha-nnewi
Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by PHIPEX(m): 9:08am On Nov 16, 2012
I see Bath Nnaji becoming a very great economic asset to Nigeria in the nearest future. I wish we could have more wealthy Nigerians like him who are willing to invest in strategic sectors of the economy because that will make us depend less on our inefficient govt institutions. Unfortunately many of them will rather run to other countries or at best focus only the oil sector for quick profit.

7 Likes

Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 16, 2012
MUKINA2 WHY YOU NOT PUTTING THIS THREAD ON FRONTPAGE ? https://www.nairaland.com/1101948/barrack-obama-reincarnation-nimrod-ancient <<< WARNING PEOPLE ABOUT THE IMPENDING DOOM IN THE NEXT 4 YEARS ?
Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by Ndjones(m): 10:02am On Nov 16, 2012
Good one
Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by harlos: 10:05am On Nov 16, 2012
grin abeg wetin I carry grin
Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 16, 2012
I will relocate to any state that achieves 247 steady electricity.

1 Like

Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by Decryptor(m): 10:10am On Nov 16, 2012
Gud move by Barth. To hell with the FGs empty promises. As soon as he left the Power Ministry, power supply became epileptic. 2morrow they go say Ibo man no dey perform well

2 Likes

Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by Decryptor(m): 10:10am On Nov 16, 2012
Gud things are just coming the way of my dear state "ANAMBRA"! First it was OIL and now Steady Power. Time to relocate grin A proud Anambranian for lyfe

1 Like

Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 16, 2012
Decryptor: Gud things are just coming the way of my dear state "ANAMBRA"! First it was OIL and now Steady Power. Time to relocate grin
JUST MAKE SURE YOU DONT GET KIDNAPPED shocked grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by Digriz(m): 10:12am On Nov 16, 2012
Good
Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by acidtalk: 10:16am On Nov 16, 2012
That's if the government doesn't frustrate him out of business with multiple tax and demanding different power certificate clearance to operate.

Nigerian leaders don't like genuine and honest businessmen.
Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by a1solution: 10:17am On Nov 16, 2012
its good Barth Nnaji is working hard to restore the lost glory of our founding fathers
Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by cdamsel(f): 10:18am On Nov 16, 2012
He ll make more moni dan wen he was a minster,igbo man can neva carry last,barth hook me up wit ya 1st son grin
Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by Afam4eva(m): 10:28am On Nov 16, 2012
It's good thaat Nnaji has targetted the three industrial and commercial hubs of the south-east. I see Enugu and Owerri being his next point of call. Good job Nnaji.

1 Like

Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by gdino2008: 10:32am On Nov 16, 2012
This is good. if south east can achieve stady power supply, i believe it will help businesses to grow. One thing we must not forget is the rate of kidnapping that is going on in the region. govt. should re-strategise to improve security in the region so that security issue will not be an obstacle to genue investors like barth who may wish to invest in the region.
Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by Kenistry(m): 10:39am On Nov 16, 2012
Beautiful.......Igboland can only get beta if more ppl invest in like manner. Kudos Sir
Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by abdullkabar(m): 10:40am On Nov 16, 2012
Decryptor: Gud things are just coming the way of my dear state "ANAMBRA"! First it was OIL and now Steady Power. Time to relocate grin A proud Anambranian for lyfe
hope u no 4get flood?or u willinly omit am?
Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by otokx(m): 10:43am On Nov 16, 2012
Same old theoretical story, he has not supplied anybody power and is talking of extending it.
Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by kenbee(f): 10:44am On Nov 16, 2012
Good news but honestly, i don't trust the promise by Abia gov to fix the road by 1st quarter of 2013
Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by chuksmad(m): 10:49am On Nov 16, 2012
otokx: Same old theoretical story, he has not supplied anybody power and is talking of extending it.
bad belle
Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by otokx(m): 10:52am On Nov 16, 2012
@chuksmad

these politicians are one and the same thing, let him start supplying before talking of extending, 190MW is not so much in real terms.
Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by 5much(m): 10:54am On Nov 16, 2012
Barth, d master srategist.prefers running Geometric to d ministerial job.

1 Like

Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by ACM10: 10:56am On Nov 16, 2012
Nnaji is the man cool

1 Like

Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by Valon4ego(m): 11:02am On Nov 16, 2012
i'm quite happy for these new developments happening @my state. But my question is how is man going to make his profit. Is the government going to pay him or Something?
Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by Standing5(m): 11:05am On Nov 16, 2012
South East economic integration from the private sector.

1 Like

Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by Elueme: 11:06am On Nov 16, 2012
The Nnajis are the technocrats Nigeria needs to grow. I wish him well.
Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by RickyRoss1(m): 11:26am On Nov 16, 2012
Billyonaire: I will relocate to any state that achieves 247 steady electricity.

Then start moving your things to Port Harcourt, the governor promised uninterrupted power from January next year.
I think he will deliver coz If he fails on his promise then his political career is dead.
Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by otokx(m): 11:33am On Nov 16, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

Then start moving your things to Port Harcourt, the governor promised uninterrupted power from January next year.
I think he will deliver coz If he fails on his promise then his political career is dead.

We have not had electricity in the University of Port Harcourt since the school was re-opened last Friday, ironically it was 40% epileptic before then so please billionaire can relocate to FCT cos i hear they have it so good there.
Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by omowolewa: 11:49am On Nov 16, 2012
The stone which the build rejected........

I wish 'Geometric' a rapid growth

Good news from Aba this time around.
Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by Beync(f): 11:58am On Nov 16, 2012
abdullkabar:
bab belle tongue abeg go chop kwuli-kwuli and drink zobo for lunch.
Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by strangest(m): 12:19pm On Nov 16, 2012
abdullkabar:
Yes, I know how to swim.. Do you know how to avoid bombs and gunshots? You be Rambo? grin

1 Like

Re: Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 16, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

Hahahaha, the same way he promised good roads, now PHC has the worst road network in SS and Niger delta even as it has the biggest budget.

(1) (2) (Reply)

GMB Visits Chibok Details Soon / 5 Ways Election Postonement Reduced Buhari's Chances Off Winning. / All The Documents I Presented Showing Ameachi Is Corrupt Were Forged~wechie Livi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.