Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** (7113 Views)

Why Are Nigerians Too Superstitious / Is Christianity True? The Greatest Conspiracy Ever / Why Are Nigerians Too Superstitious And Believe Too Much In Juju? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by chiteny(m): 10:42am On Nov 16, 2012
Years back i subscribed to this site as i was hungry to know more about God. But lately I wondered if that was a mistake. The mail i received below just convinced me to unsubscribe from the site (which i have actually done) but would like to share here to hear your views to know what you think about it. Please this thread is for Christians as i don't want cursing and senseless bashing of men of God. I removed the name of the Pastor to avoid this. The mail goes thus:

[b]Dear Chiteny,

Eleven is the number of chaos and confusion - but 12 is the number of completion, and 12.12.12 is coming!

Sow your seed of faith today for the Worldwide Miracle, Healing & Victory Prayer Cloth Service - taking place on 12.12.12!

Joseph was the 11th brother. When his brothers came to him pleading for food in the famine, Joseph sent them back for Benjamin, the 12th brother. Their blessing was hindered at 11. Their blessing was released at 12.

This is what I’m believing for YOU - on 12.12.12 ... as you sow a seed of faith and request a prayer cloth, as a point of contact for your faith!

The prayer cloth isn’t magical. But it has EXTRAORDINARY POTENTIAL. A believer named Frank experienced it - he had lost his home and was in deep financial straits.

By God’s grace, he found our ministry on television - I taught the power of the tangible, transferable anointing - and Frank requested a prayer cloth. He slipped it into his wallet.

Two days later, he received the job offer he wanted, at the salary he wanted - His starting pay was $200 a day, six days a week, plus 55¢ a mile for travel, $15 a day for meals and $100 a month for phone! Now he’s slated for a raise!

Request your prayer cloth, and I will pray with you for the same kind of miracle, no matter what your need! And, remember: sow in faith for your answer.

As you sow a seed of support for Breakthrough, I’ll immediately send you my book, The 12-12-12 Blessing, and The 12-12-12 Blessing message on DVD, including 12 Bible promises, 12 healing prayers, 12 faith-building teachings. I will also send you my new message, Mountain-Moving Faith Is Yours!, on DVD.

Let me send you these faith-building resources and pray over your needs - and your prayer cloth - during the Worldwide Miracle, Healing & Victory Service on 12.12.12! I’ll send you the prayer cloth after the service, as the point of contact for your miracle!

Pastor Someone

P.S. Make sure your prayer needs and seed of faith are here for the Worldwide Miracle, Healing & Victory Service! 12.12.12 is your moment of completion![/b]
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by vedaxcool(m): 11:05am On Nov 16, 2012
It is all about the Benjamin! cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by neophyte007(m): 11:36am On Nov 16, 2012
@chiteny,by revealing the name of the church, some people may use that to deduce the name of the pastor.I believe however Sir, as a christian,that Our Lord Jesus Christ,would never ask anybody to buy anything before a miracle can be performed in that person's life.

2 Likes

Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by chiteny(m): 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2012
neophyte007: @chiteny,by revealing the name of the church, some people may use that to deduce the name of the pastor.I believe however Sir, as a christian,that Our Lord Jesus Christ,would never ask anybody to buy anything before a miracle can be performed in that person's life.

i guess i did not reveal the name of any church or pastor in the Post.

1 Like

Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by okeyxyz(m): 5:54am On Nov 17, 2012
@chiteny,
This principle the pastor is pushing is actually valid IMO.
The bible makes us understand that faith is a substance..., an evidence...,(Hebrews 11:1 KJV), He's right when he says the cloth is a point of contact.

I'm not vouching for this pastor(even fraud operates under the guise of truth), but only saying the principle is correct. It's the same principle by with tithes operate. If god will bless you, then it's going to be through an activity that you are actually engaged in, thus your point of contact. It may be through work\business, studies, friends, family etc, It should be a "path" that you thread rather than something that has nothing to do with you. This is the faith.

4 Likes

Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Nobody: 6:13am On Nov 17, 2012
WTF? Get a drink and relax u bloody fool!!!
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by 1shortblackboy: 6:15am On Nov 17, 2012
Choi make una leave us o
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by strawgirl(f): 6:20am On Nov 17, 2012
Bros, if you are hungry to know more abt God, READ your Bible.

3 Likes

Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Goshen360(m): 6:28am On Nov 17, 2012
One of the characteristics of a true MoG is not being money conscious. A true servant of God is not money conscious (Daniel 5:13-17, 2 Kings 5:14-19,1 Timothy 3:3). He does not ask people for an offering before he prophesies, or asks people to “sow a seed” in order to claim their prophecies or the blessings of God. Besides, a true servant of God doesn't sell prayer cloth or shawl as we do not have such practices in the New Testament church.

It's time to kick all the fraudsters out of business and out of the body of Christ. Any pastor or preacher that sells or promotes prayer cloth, mantle or prayer shawl is a FRAUD in the name of Christ. Jesus gave us the true believers an example by chasing the thieves out of the temple and so the true believers MUST chase of these fraud preachers out of business.

3 Likes

Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Jubal01: 6:28am On Nov 17, 2012
I dnt knw y d OP hid d identity of dat man. Wat if he myt b corect. We nigerians tend 2 b vry ova sensitv wen it cums 2 moni thereby misin out on our blesins sumtyms. Nbdy wil tel u wat 2 blif in. Dats y God gav u a conscience. Folo ur hrt dear. Pray abt it.
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Nobody: 6:28am On Nov 17, 2012
Christianity has always been superstitious and beggarly...

the difference..

the first beggar, Jesus Christ, when given bread and fishes, did spiritual copy and paste, and fed others.

The modern day beggars, Oledepo and co, when given bread and fishes, open a bakery and fish pond, then sell the bread and fishes at spiritual prices...

12 Likes

Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by ade2008(m): 6:28am On Nov 17, 2012
most of these pastors are scammer, they are only looking for what they will eat. Nigerians need to be wise inorder not to fall into their hands. Even JESUS during his earthly ministry never for once demanded for anything from his followers but all we see with modern day pastors is
extortion in the name of sowing .fools can stil continue believing in all these bullshit.nonsense

3 Likes

Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by bennieman: 6:32am On Nov 17, 2012
neophyte007: @chiteny,by revealing the name of the church, some people may use that to deduce the name of the pastor.I believe however Sir, as a christian,that Our Lord Jesus Christ,would never ask anybody to buy anything before a miracle can be performed in that person's life.

The OP did not reveal the name of the church. He only revealed the name of the service and trust google, it presented a certain Rod Parsley of the World Harvest Church, Winchester.

At least some pple that are interested can now know how and where to sow...
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Goshen360(m): 6:34am On Nov 17, 2012
Unmasking The Anti-Christ Pastors And Bishops Of The Present Day Church....and Jesus wept for this generation.

The religious vultures had invaded the church of Christ as prophesied by our Lord and Saviour. Vultures are birds of prey but unlike other birds in the giant bird family, especially the eagle, they prey on carcass (dead bodies). They are at their best in sordid environments where decent animals detest. They cannot stand healthy competitions in healthy environments. They are lazy and do not have the liver to fight with their prey, so, they wait until the prey is dead cold and rotten before they begin to feed on it. Sometimes, they rely on stronger animals to kill the prey and
leave it behind for them to prey upon. In the same way and manner, a spiritually dead church or Christian is being fed on by the religious vultures who are wolves in sheep's clothing.
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Nobody: 6:34am On Nov 17, 2012
All these fuuuucking religious people are what's wrong with the world today. Believe in whatever sh:t you believe in, but don't be an i diot over it.
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Azeebi(m): 6:35am On Nov 17, 2012
Most religion are superstitious and are only surviving because of human faer and colour blindness. Christianity is even beter, because its only weakness as seem today is it capitalist faetures. What about Islam, religion torn apart by reactionaries, that seek for the slytest offence to lunch attack and kill, in the name of jihad?
Instead of being a religious person, it is better to have common sense.
Religion na politics, power struggle and economic ventures, where every religion markets herself where she can not impose her will or imperialised the weak, when she can.

3 Likes

Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Dignitary: 6:46am On Nov 17, 2012
I like Nairaland for one thing:

IT HAS BEEN FULFILLING THE SCRIPTURES!!!

Keep doing everything to pull Christianity down!!!

We are in the end time...that time when many will accept falsehood over the truth!!!

I am a Christian, my thoughts are all about making heaven...not about turning myself to SSS in order to know fake pastors...I believe GOD will judge us all @ at the end of time.

2 Likes

Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Bokoharam: 6:53am On Nov 17, 2012
It is only an original that can be counterfeited. Nobody cares to counterfeit a fake. Jesus is an original, therefore, expect fake pastors, fake churches and fake followers. Both the pastor, who wrote the mail to you and the church uare FAKE.

True Christianity does not demand that you pay some money before you receive God's word or CDs or anything. Jesus said, "FREELY YOU WERE GIVEN, FREELY GIVE." And what more, the Prayer Cloth is fetish, voodoostic and shamanistic. Never I the Bible did Jesus give anybody any object for faith or contact, be it water, candle or cloth.
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 17, 2012
None of the Appostles. I repeat None! Asked for people to sow seed as a principle to establish point of contact for supernatural blessings..bla bla bla bla bla!!!

The early christians sold and donated or contributed what they had to be shared by ALL!!!!
And when Ananias and Saphira did it for worldly motives their end was instant.

However christians today seek everything in the supernatural.Even to Shit, they want it easy.
DAILY THE GAP BETWEEN THE MEN OF GOD (AS PEOPLE CALL THEM) AND THEIR CONGREGATION WIDENS AS THEY FEED FAT ON THE TITHES AND OFFERINGS AND GOODWILL.

Poster,I would ignore their request. But I am not you. The decision is yours.

1 Like

Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by nazzyon(m): 7:10am On Nov 17, 2012
Hello,

To start with I am not a christian but I have known one thing all my life..... The best way to learn about God is if you choose to find God on your own. Going to the "House of God" is but an addition to way to speed it up.

And anything you do in the name of finding God's blessing is by choice. So whatever a pastor or the leader of your congregation asks you to do; you are left with the choice of either engaging in it or simply call it a sham.

2 Likes

Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by WSSmith: 7:27am On Nov 17, 2012
Rod Parsley don dey do jazz
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Chynx(m): 7:33am On Nov 17, 2012
okeyxyz: @chiteny,
This principle the pastor is pushing is actually valid IMO.
The bible makes us understand that faith is a substance..., an evidence...,(Hebrews 11:1 KJV), He's right when he says the cloth is a point of contact.

I'm not vouching for this pastor(even fraud operates under the guise of truth), but only saying the principle is correct. It's the same principle by with tithes operate. If god will bless you, then it's going to be through an activity that you are actually engaged in, thus your point of contact. It may be through work\business, studies, friends, family etc, It should be a "path" that you thread rather than something that has nothing to do with you. This is the faith.
My dear, there is this question that remains unanswered..."how do you know that you know?" Most of the pastors we have these days are out for the benjamins. Most people are so brainwashed by these fake blokes that they in turn, influence others with same syndrome. People now buy land, build churches and rent out to man-made/self-acclaimed pastors! Tithe money no be here o!...do the maths for 2000 church members na...monthly. Why all man no go open church? As for me, I mostly deliver my Tithe in person to either orphanage homes, hospital wards (patients) or just render help to the poor. If pastor no fit manage the sum total of our daily church offerings, make him go dive rock! God sabi all man heart.
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by anishe(m): 7:35am On Nov 17, 2012
musKeeto: Christianity has always been superstitious and beggarly...

the difference..

the first beggar, Jesus Christ, when given bread and fishes, did spiritual copy and paste, and fed others.

The modern day beggars, Oledepo and co, when given bread and fishes, open a bakery and fish pond, then sell the bread and fishes at spiritual prices...

You made me lol
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by rhymz(m): 7:39am On Nov 17, 2012
I have got one world to explain it, PIUS FRAUD!
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 17, 2012
JESUS WEPT! And yet, HE's still weeping! Reason, "even, the very elect, shall be deceived by fake prophets". The ration of Good prophets to prophets of Baal is 2 - 1000. He that has ears, let him hear!
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Djicemob: 7:46am On Nov 17, 2012
musKeeto: Christianity has always been superstitious and beggarly...

the difference..

u r A̶̲̥̅ real mosquito and idiot 4 relating jesus and oyedepo in d same vein*smh sayin God 4giv u*
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Clemzy16(m): 7:53am On Nov 17, 2012
Nothing good comes handy. Like Gordons would say "Christianity is free but you have to buy bible."
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Goshen360(m): 8:00am On Nov 17, 2012
WS. Smith:
Rod Parsley don dey do jazz

For real? The guy is a charlatan and a big time fraud!
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by leonshom(m): 8:00am On Nov 17, 2012
Are you trying to say all Christians are righteous? Let's always try to be value free and place sentiment aside !
Dignitary: I like Nairaland for one thing:

IT HAS BEEN FULFILLING THE SCRIPTURES!!!

Keep doing everything to pull Christianity down!!!

We are in the end time...that time when many will accept falsehood over the truth!!!

I am a Christian, my thoughts are all about making heaven...not about turning myself to SSS in order to know fake pastors...I believe GOD will judge us all @ at the end of time.
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Ninilowo(m): 8:02am On Nov 17, 2012
Who even started this sowing of a thing.

1 Like

Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Subtext: 8:17am On Nov 17, 2012
Its Pastor Rod Parsely's Church, World Harvest Church.

Most churches of our time have neglected the more important matters of the gospel. When 12.12.12 comes I hope you'll not be one of those Christians who'll be more concerned about finances. You think the War in Israel and Mid-east is for fun?

1 Like

Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 17, 2012
God help us but i must make it sha.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? / Christians And The Use Of Goya Olive Oil / Let Us Make Man In Our Image, How Many Were They (god)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.